Weta LOTR Barad-dur Miniature Environment

Reaction score
The next miniature environment in Weta's LOTR line will be Sauron's tower, Barad-dur. No pictures yet, just a newsletter tease with images and behind the scenes logs to follow in the build up to a final reveal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Weta has teased their next LOTR Miniature Environment: Barad-dur, Sauron's fortress. It will be revealed in full at Comic Con:

Also, if you're coming to SDCC, be sure to download a special Weta "Eye of Sauron" free app before you come and enjoy a cool surprise when you visit Weta's booth to lay eyes on the miniature itself. That's at booth #3513B.

And there is a special ongoing blog by model maker David Tremont, who was tasked with building Barad-dur, with insights into this mammaoth model making project. More teasy pics in his articles too. The latest installment is here ...

Reaction score
Now available for pre-order, shipping Dec/Jan.

Edition Size:
Dimensions:
20.9" x 18.1" x 12.2" (H x W x D)
53 cm x 46 cm x 31 cm
Weight:
22.0 lbs (10.0 kg)

Built directly off the 7 meter tall shooting miniature of Barad-dur by Master Model Maker David Tremont, who built shooting miniatures for Weta for The Return of the King.

And who needs a tacky plastic eye when you can download the free Eye of Sauron ap and get a fully animated one that tracks the top of the tower, complete with sounds! :D

It even works on a t-shirt, so long as it can recognmise the shape of the tower, the eye will appear, track and animate. That's Dave in the t-shirt, the guy who built it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
DAMN I really want this. Unfortunately, it's priced just out of budget. Suck because I have Orthanc already as the companion piece.

Reaction score
DAMN I really want this. Unfortunately, it's priced just out of budget. Suck because I have Orthanc already as the companion piece.
My sentiments exactly. I'd been hoping for one of these for years - just too much $. Looks awesome though.