West Michigan SW Collectors Part 6

Reaction score
Found the Tarkin wave at the Alpine Walmart, case was just sitting on the pallet. Warning though, the figures didn't ring up at the register, got lucky where the service guy went back to the aisle, grabbed a Darth Maul and rang all the figures up that way. I picked up an extra Malgus for if anyone needs him.
As for breakfast not sure as we have to head out of town at about 10.

Reaction score
Okay, so it's Umich, Funk + 1 :), Wook......anyone else ? If we do 8:30 Drummi, will that get you out on time ? I'll get a hold of Squadleader and Wedge too. See you there !

Reaction score
Okay ! Wedge will be there with young Luke, Funk will be there w/ young Leia, Umich, Wook, Squadleader....that makes 7. So if you're in Drummi we'll see you there! That would make 8 for whoever gets there 1st! Meet you on Duntuween. Or in this case, Grandville. o-o Woo HOOO! :grin: I hope they have those velvet pancakes this month.

Reaction score
Any of you good gents going to Celebration 6 that are picking up Spencer Brinkerhoff's print, or would mind picking one up for me? He is doing pre-orders soon, so it should be a quick simple job and I would certainly make it worth your while.
PM me if you would be so kind to assist.

Reaction score
I picked up an extra Malgus for if anyone needs him.
OK, I know I'm not part of the group- but I'd take you up on this one if he's still available and you're willing! I'm pretty sure I've met a few of you guys, once at the Alpine TRU (whoever that was told me about this assembly) and I've usually got a few tables at the GRCTC Show so I'm close to knowing y'all! B)

Reaction score
Funk, not sure if anyone got back to you yet.....I'm sure between the 5 of us going we can pick up your print for you.

Reaction score
Do we happen to know prices of the C6 stuff yet? If they are reasonable I would really like to get the Vader C6 shirt, the 2013 calendar, and maybe the Slave Leia beach towel.

I love the Mara Jade maquette but I am sure that is a bit more than I want to spend.

If anyone can let me know what to expect cost wise on those maybe I can see if some of you can hook me up.

Reaction score
T-shirt is $30, towel is $34, calendar is $25 I think? Prices are in CVI exclusive thread page 53.

Reaction score
Breakfast

Anyone up for breakfast this Saturday? I thought it might be a good chance for us to relive some great CVI memories. Some people mentioned getting a shutterfly account or something to pool together all of our pictures. My pictures came in at about 2.2 GB, so I decided to just put all of them on a DVD. I should be able to get 5 or 6 made to hand out to anyone who would like one.

Reaction score
cool. Not sure what time I'm leaving for Mt Pleasant yet, but if I'm able, I'll be there. If anyone gets to a Kmart and sees a B wing for $20 "or less"...I'd be interested! HOping to see you Saturday!

Reaction score
I'll be on my way to drop off Amy in Saranac for volleyball, then to MP for some tailgating with my bro-in-law and dad, then to the MSU/CMU game. So I can't do breakfast.
Kent-are you filming it, or just going to watch?
Funk-I have your Spencer BIII print waiting for you.
Art-I'd like to get that CD of pictures...maybe give it to Funk so I can get it from him when I get the print to him?

Reaction score
I'll be on my way to drop off Amy in Saranac for volleyball, then to MP for some tailgating with my bro-in-law and dad, then to the MSU/CMU game. So I can't do breakfast.
Kent-are you filming it, or just going to watch?
Funk-I have your Spencer BIII print waiting for you.
Art-I'd like to get that CD of pictures...maybe give it to Funk so I can get it from him when I get the print to him?
I can pick up the disc for you Smiles, no problem. Will be gone for the weekend other than breakfast, but will give you a call early next week to find a good time to met up.

Reaction score
I can be there as well. 8:30?
I have a fig for umich and one for wedge as well
I'll be bringing some star cases as well so if anyone needs them they are yours, roughly 10-15 of them, they're a bit older so not sure if they'd fit vintage figs or not but still good for other ones.

Reaction score
Yes Smiles, I will be filming that game! Not sure yet if I'm going alone or with another shooter. :) I'll probably wear my Captain America Cap, so if a window presents itself, come on down and say hello! Have fun, it should be a blast!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I sent out an email to a couple of you last week but I wanted to let the rest of you know that I have just finished my basement and would like to invite everyone over to my place on Saturday the 29th. I can fire up the Season Premiere of The Clone Wars and you can all check out my new Star Wars Room!!! Maybe we could meet for breakfast first, then head on over to my place. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
It all depends on what they have me shooting that day.....but if I don't get over there on that particular day, then maybe I can pop in to or from WOOD sometime? Can't wait to see it! Can tell you're excited to show it off :)

Reaction score
Hey gents, while out hunting if anyone comes by the Toys R Us Transformers Masterpiece Thunder Cracker, I would be much obliged if you could pick it up/place it on hold for me. It runs $69.99 so I understand if you don't want to front the cash, but would appreciate any help :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't make it the 29th. Amy has a volleyball tournament that day, so I get to hang with the kids. I'm with Kent though and would love to make it over sometime.

Reaction score
Hey gents, while out hunting if anyone comes by the Toys R Us Transformers Masterpiece Thunder Cracker, I would be much obliged if you could pick it up/place it on hold for me. It runs $69.99 so I understand if you don't want to front the cash, but would appreciate any help :grin:
Nevermind gents. Managed to snag one from the website with free shipping :grin:

Reaction score
Finally found the lost line wave at walmart this morning up on alpine. now just waiting on the final wave case from e.e. and then i'm done with hasbro.

Reaction score
I might be done also. I know I think this every year. But I have been at this for the last 17 years. I have built my armies. Nothing to army build anymore. I just might get what I want instead of everything. But then again its a sickness and I might need help. I could be on one of those hoarder shows pretty soon. Maybe I will just get the careded stuff and still like the clone wars stuff...

Reaction score
I've had this conversation with others as well......you almost have to narrow down what you like best about collecting and then just have fun with it. That's been the key for me. I've had sooooo much fun getting autographs that the other stuff is just a bonus! :grin: Keep it fun and you'll thank yourself for it later. IT doesn't help that the newer items being released are JUST AWESOME! :wtf:

Reaction score
Just got shipping confirmation from EE on the final vintage wave! Once I find the Kmart exclusive Ewok set, I'll be entirely caught up on new product! On a side note, is anyone looking to pick up the vintage collection ROTJ AT-AT or SW Millenium Falcon, when they come out? I am looking for the boxes but don't necessarily need the vehicle. I would be willing to buy the boxes off of someone for a fair price.

Reaction score
Ha, the problem with the Falcon is it cost $250. That is unbelievable almost! Its "on sale" right now for only $200, which is still $50 more than the other one. If the price falls more, I may be interested in selling you just the box, although I don't really know what a fair price would be.

Reaction score
West siders...we're signing and performing at the Spring Lake library at 2:00 saturday...bring the kids for a fun time. We present on writing, drawing, and some comedy. It's a good time.

Reaction score
Got my shipping notice yesterday as well for that final case of vintage from e.e. can't wait to get it. Get that and I'm done with figs, gonna keep going with the legos and have started dabbling with the kotos and getting back to gentle giant mini busts are in the back of my mind again. Figs may be done but not the loving of star wars.

Reaction score
Ordered my final vintage wave from BBTS and got my ship notification as well. After this wave I'll be going into semi-retirement from this hobby.

I say "semi" because there's likely going to be one or two things that come down the pipeline that I'm probably going to want might pick up, but I certainly won't be assigning the priority to it that I have been up to this point.

For instance, I would like to find the retooled Naboo Starfighter and IF they do make a BIG Sail Barge I'll probably buy that.
There's still a few vintage-style OT figures that I'd like to see made or retooled, but not too many. My big wish-list figure is a Han in Carbonite where the Han figure can fit inside of and close.

All-in-all my SW collecting will be so sporadic that it won't really be collecting anymore. My son and I are so obsessed with LEGO now that we're channeling most of our geek collecting energy into that, not just SW sets either (the Monster Fighters sets are a lot of fun!). Plus, there's NEVER been distribution issues with LEGO, you want them? You can get them pretty much anywhere, any time. Though many reach crazy secondary market prices after they go out of production.

Regarding my final Vintage Wave case, If there's anyone who wants the Mawhonic, Gungan Warrior, Naboo Pilot or Aurra Sing, you're welcome to them. Given the case price, each figure averages $10.75 but I'd be happy to let them go for $8 each, $7.50 if you take them all.

ALSO, I would like to get a second Royal Guard figure if anyone wants to part with one. I'd be willing to buy it outright or trade the Republic Trooper (or any of the above mentioned figures) for it.

That's pretty much it. I'll probably still lurk around the boards like the ghost of Obi-Wan and maybe even post occasionally, but once my case arrives, I'll be one with the Force.

Reaction score
Got my shipping notice for the final wave from BBTS. It should be here next week. Once it arrives, my days of collecting 3.75 are DONE until Hasbro gets smart and brings the Vintage Line back for another run. I guess my days of doing store runs are done indefinately. I will miss it.