Upgrade Welcome to the New Rebelscum.com Forums!

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Grahame, I can see the post views count in the classifieds, but I don't see the number of views in the Search results for the "Your content" section. If it's an old thread and doesn't appear in the first few pages I have to sift through pages manually to get to it. Is there an easy way to see the number of views a thread that I have started has received?

Also, the "Your content" section combines threads you have started with posts you have made in other members threads. These were separate on the old forum. Is there a way you can view threads you have started in a separate list?

Oh, and awesome work on the migration! Thanks
Hmmm, I'll take a look at those - the search engine we're using is temporary until I get time to get Elasticsearch up and running. It's a much better engine but needs a little bit of configuration and isn't as important here as it is on the TFN forums we're they have 30+million posts vs our 6 million.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I don't know much about this community, but I can see just from this thread that it is a very warm and welcoming place. I collect the Titanium Vehicles line and I've been using a post in your forum as a visual reference.

Here it is: https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/titanium-visual-guide.1024602/

As you can see many of the pictures in the first posts of the thread are missing. Just wanted to point it out and see if the issue can be resolved.

Thank you

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I don't know much about this community, but I can see just from this thread that it is a very warm and welcoming place. I collect the Titanium Vehicles line and I've been using a post in your forum as a visual reference.

As you can see many of the pictures in the first posts of the thread are missing. Just wanted to point it out and see if the issue can be resolved.

Thank you
I see the issue, not sure if I can fix it but will give it a try later.

Reaction score

Thank you
Welcome aboard, :) I'm "fairly" new here as well, ahem, compared to many of the old farts like @Grahame etc. but we ARE friendly. Just ask around, the users are usually very helpful. :)

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'll take a look at those - the search engine we're using is temporary until I get time to get Elasticsearch up and running. It's a much better engine but needs a little bit of configuration and isn't as important here as it is on the TFN forums we're they have 30+million posts vs our 6 million.
Update: I just discovered that if use the "Find" feature within my profile I can "Find all threads" that I started. That still doesn't show me the view count but at least I can now view the list of my threads separately to posts made in other users threads.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Update: I just discovered that if use the "Find" feature within my profile I can "Find all threads" that I started. That still doesn't show me the view count but at least I can now view the list of my threads separately to posts made in other users threads.
How about now? :) Adding Views to that page was fairly easy

GNT

Reaction score
Is there anyway to have the "watching thread" turned off when starting a thread. I'd hate to be subscribed to a million threads, can it be an option you opt in for instead of being already turned on?

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is there anyway to have the "watching thread" turned off when starting a thread. I'd hate to be subscribed to a million threads, can it be an option you opt in for instead of being already turned on?
Go to your preferences, uncheck automatically watch content.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This doesn't work for me. It goes to the first post.

Also it seems that I can't quote quoted texts.
I had multi quote disabled because it’sa little confusing at first, but let’s see how it goes. The other issue I have no idea, seems to work fine for everyone else who’s read the description.

Lex

Reaction score
I had multi quote disabled because it’sa little confusing at first, but let’s see how it goes. The other issue I have no idea, seems to work fine for everyone else who’s read the description.
It seems that it doesn't remember what I've read before the update

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It seems that it doesn't remember what I've read before the update
No, since it was a complete import into a new system that information did not carry over, same with read/unread PMs.

Reaction score
An example would help, please
Literally every picture I've ever posted in any thread isn't showing up. My biggest concern is losing every picture on over 100 posts in my "Latest Custom Acquisition?" thread in the custom/customizing section. That whole thread is for pics of customs. Also every pic I've posted in the "Jabba's Sail Barge" thread in the TVC section is gone.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Literally every picture I've ever posted in any thread isn't showing up. My biggest concern is losing every picture on over 100 posts in my "Latest Custom Acquisition?" thread in the custom/customizing section. That whole thread is for pics of customs. Also every pic I've posted in the "Jabba's Sail Barge" thread in the TVC section is gone.
Can you link me to the thread please, then I can take a look at the problem.

edit: the pictures aren't gone, just all of the links are broken because we changed to a completely new forum platform so redirects have to be written.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is something you're working on, but I've noticed when I and others post links to the Rebelscum photo archives, they don't show a preview image, and have generic text instead. Someone jokingly thought the link was a advertisement that I posted! Below is an example for the same figure is the RS archive, and the Jedi Business archive. Is there a way to update those links to add a photo and drop the superfluous text? When viewing links, especially to the RS photo archive, it would be helpful for members to see what the link is navigating them to.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not sure if this is something you're working on, but I've noticed when I and others post links to the Rebelscum photo archives, they don't show a preview image, and have generic text instead. Someone jokingly thought the link was a advertisement that I posted! Below is an example for the same figure is the RS archive, and the Jedi Business archive. Is there a way to update those links to add a photo and drop the superfluous text? When viewing links, especially to the RS photo archive, it would be helpful for members to see what the link is navigating them to.

That's not something I have anything to do with, it would have to be an update on the main RS page to return an image as default when someone posts a link. You could do it manually by editing your post to look like this

Code:
[url=http://www.rebelscum.com/VC132-Saelt-Marae-The-Vintage-Collection-Hasbro.asp][img]http://www.rebelscum.com/hasbro-star-wars/VC132-Saelt-Marae-The-Vintage-Collection-Hasbro/header.jpg[/img]
http://www.rebelscum.com/VC132-Saelt-Marae-The-Vintage-Collection-Hasbro.asp[/url]

http://www.rebelscum.com/VC132-Saelt-Marae-The-Vintage-Collection-Hasbro.asp

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured it wasn't related to the forums, but thought I'd make the suggestion, as it would be a cool advancement for the site. Who would I pass it along to, Dave?

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured it wasn't related to the forums, but thought I'd make the suggestion, as it would be a cool advancement for the site. Who would I pass it along to, Dave?
I already passed it up the chain, but I'm not sure if those pages are automatically generated or manual. If automatic it could be a pretty easy change, otherwise...

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for passing it along. I'm not sure how it works either, I simply entered the URL, and the preview was generated in the message response.

Reaction score
Can you link me to the thread please, then I can take a look at the problem.

edit: the pictures aren't gone, just all of the links are broken because we changed to a completely new forum platform so redirects have to be written.
I know you're swamped, but can you re-write them? Without those pics, I might as well not stick around. :cry:

Also, I can't get onto the site using my phone! I can't log in; every time I try to find text boxes for username and password, it says "Oops..." Can you guys send me a link with the user and pass screen to my email?

Reaction score
I don't remember if this has been brought up.
If I backspace because of a typo, it removes the space between words too, so it clings to the last word, instead of only erasing the last letter.
Is that how it's supposed to be?

Reaction score
One thing that would be nice to have back is the Location in the Poster's box. That is helpful, especially when people are talking about what they have just gotten (New Acquisitions). It's easy to see if it's US or International, or if its West coast or East coast, etc.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One thing that would be nice to have back is the Location in the Poster's box. That is helpful, especially when people are talking about what they have just gotten (New Acquisitions). It's easy to see if it's US or International, or if its West coast or East coast, etc.
That was an easy one, it's just a checkbox :)

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ahh, gotcha.

Just classifieds though?

I'd like to modify the "updated" date on my limelight thread of possible.

Thanks for the quick response and good luck with the fix!
Classifieds and Limelight, any place we have unlimited editing on the first post of a thread.

Reaction score
Hey I finally found out what this is - when you click the image icon, there are 2 little icons in the top left -
View attachment 339373

This will switch between URL and Upload for embedded imagines if you're not using the Gallery.
A huge thank you again for being able to allow us to upload pictures straight from the desktop. Just a quick question - I went to the X-wing Luke figure thread in The Vintage Collection section to post a picture. In that thread, there is no way to upload a picture from the desktop. The arrow pointing up doesn't show (the one you have circled), but in this thread I am able to upload a picture from the desktop. This thread does have the arrow pointing up. Is this a glitch perhaps?

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A huge thank you again for being able to allow us to upload pictures straight from the desktop. Just a quick question - I went to the X-wing Luke figure thread in The Vintage Collection section to post a picture. In that thread, there is no way to upload a picture from the desktop. The arrow pointing up doesn't show (the one you have circled), but in this thread I am able to upload a picture from the desktop. This thread does have the arrow pointing up. Is this a glitch perhaps?
Can you give me a link?

Reaction score
I get the up arrow that gives me the drag and drop box as normal on that thread, what exactly are you seeing?
Just for that thread, all I see is the URL/link icon. All the other threads I've posted in I have both the upload image and by URL/link icon.

Edit - this is what I'm seeing only for that thread

rs.jpg

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why this new forum looks like a mobile forum?
Asking the obvious first - are you on a mobile device? If not, what browser and what size is your browser window? The new forum automatically scales to fit different size windows so will show fewer functions on smaller browser windows. Please send a screenshot of what you're seeing.

don

Reaction score
Accidentally killed a link to an image and need to update a post but I'm not seeing the Edit feature in my custom figures thread.