Upgrade Welcome to the New Rebelscum.com Forums!

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to what is undoubtedly the biggest upgrade the Rebelscum.com Forums have ever undertaken. As I'm sure you've noticed, things look very different but hopefully we've done enough to make it feel somewhat familiar. Please take some time and familiarize yourself with some of the new and different features, but here are a few things you might need to know immediately -
  • PMs (Private Messages) are now called Conversations and can be found by clicking the Envelope icon in the top right.
  • Photo Gallery is currently being imported and won't be available until Wednesday so images may be missing Photo Gallery is now live!
  • Unlimited Editing of Limelighting threads is currently unavailable, will return shortly - Fixed!
  • Some old links directly to threads and posts (especially old Feedback Post links) might not work yet, they will be fixed - Fixed!
  • Some user avatars did not transfer over, so you may have to upload a new one
  • Rank Badges are not available yet, this is being worked on- Fixed!
  • New User Registration is disabled until we are sure everything is working as intended - Registration is open!
  • In-browser notifications are not enabled yet Now enabled!
  • Thread Prefixes are now live in Classified forums so you can specify For Sale, WTB, eBay (as long as it’s not yours) etc. also the prefix can be changed to Sold if you notify a mod or admin when the sale occurs.
Use the following guide to open a thread in your desired manner -
It will open in this order :
  1. Click on the title to go to the first post in the thread if you haven't read the thread
  2. Click on the title to go to the first unread posts if you have previously visited the thread
  3. Click on the date below the title to go to the first post in the thread (whether or not you have visited the thread previously)
  4. Click on the date/time in the right-hand column to go to the last post in the thread
If you find something that is not working correctly or how you expect it to, please respond to this post and we will get to it as soon as possible. Thank you, and enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Like the new style...
Only thing I'm not seeing is how to view my most recent responses. I see my Content, but that appears to be only forums I created. I'm probably just missing it in my awkward fumbling around the new interface.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Only thing I'm not seeing is how to view my most recent responses. I see my Content, but that appears to be only forums I created.
You should be able to see new responses to your posts by clicking the "Alert Bell" up in the top right

Reaction score
My animated GIF avatar I had for years is not showing. Is there a way to get it back? Also, I do not see my ranks, although I think that is a general issue, nor can I find the amount of posts, which were getting close to 10, 000 I think.
Thanks.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My animated GIF avatar I had for years is not showing. Is there a way to get it back? Also, I do not see my ranks, although I think that is a general issue, nor can I find the amount of posts, which were getting close to 10, 000 I think.
Thanks.
Ranks is mentioned in the first post (your rank is sith lord, but the badge isn't showing yet).
It doesn't look like animated gifs are supported as avatars in Xenforo but I'm still looking and will update.

edit: fixed, but I am NOT going through all of the missing avatars and getting them back.

Reaction score
Overall, I really like the new site. Bigger letters (easier to see for an old-timer like me - ha ha) and I like the new fonts, etc. Kudos & Thanks to everyone who worked on this - I do definitely see this as a big improvement over the old site!

Reaction score
Thank you. I guess the new lay out takes a bit of getting used to. Look forward to your update on this.

Reaction score
See the edit
It's showing up now. But it looks a bit enlarged and a little bit of the graphics get eaten up. Is there a way to make the avatar fit completely within the circumference? Thank you for your effort.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's showing up now. But it looks a bit enlarged and a little bit of the graphics get eaten up. Is there a way to make the avatar fit completely within the circumference? Thank you for your effort.
Sorry I really don't have time to do that right now, see what you can do with it

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You know what, I'm not liking animated gifs as the avatars are used all over the place now and it's going to be a complete mess. Sorry, disabling them again.

Reaction score
I was never really crazy about animated gifs as avatars. We also disabled images in signatures on the TFN forums when we were testing with Xenforo - it really slowed down loading times and looked messy.

Reaction score
Large animated avatars and signatures are annoying as hell, I have all signatures blocked from the forum options on Sideshow Freaks because of that. Animated avatars were ok when the forum only allowed a max of 50 x 50 avatars, but larger ones can disturb your browsing

Reaction score
I'm trying to edit some of the fonts I used for my Limelight thread, as some of them because smaller with the transfer, and also trying to space out some of my pictures.When I try to save the edited post, I'm not being allowed to do it, and I get this message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.Oops! We ran into some problems.
The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it.

Reaction score
One thing you'll probably want to do fairly quickly is set your alerts. It looks like they are on for everything by default. To do this go to Your Account>>Preferences and scroll down. Untick any boxes you don't want to get alerts for and save.

Reaction score
Question: How can I increase the number of posts per page? I used to have 40, and the default here is 20. I can't find the button to change that.

Reaction score
I know on TFN's older version of Xenforo that option is set at the system level. I have a demo site set up for the latest version of Xenforo and it looks to be the same.

Reaction score
Question: How can I increase the number of posts per page? I used to have 40, and the default here is 20. I can't find the button to change that.
This and: Can we have the last post displayed first instead of the last one? I remeber you could set that up in the old forum. Thanks!

BTW - New forum looks great! Thanks!

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've upped this to 40 but will look for a way to make it user-specific

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm trying to edit some of the fonts I used for my Limelight thread, as some of them because smaller with the transfer, and also trying to space out some of my pictures.When I try to save the edited post, I'm not being allowed to do it, and I get this message:
This should be fixed now.

Reaction score
Looks like there might be an add-on for users to set posts per page, etc - maybe once things settle down you can check it out, Grahame.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like there might be an add-on for users to set posts per page, etc - maybe once things settle down you can check it out, Grahame.
Yeah I saw it, I'm trying to use as few add-ons as possible to avoid the situation TFN is in now :)

Reaction score
It will take some getting used to. It does look more modern however.

Reaction score
Wow, that was a pretty quick transition! Haven't really dug around too much, but I like the look of things so far. I was a little iffy on the change...but it doesn't seem as jarring as I expected. I do lament the loss of animation in my avatar, but maybe it's time for a change after all of these years.

Reaction score
Congrats, it's so shiny!

Should the new look forums be left in-box or OOB? That's my dilemma.

Reaction score
Not seeing an option to go to the first unread post in a topic. All I see are jumping to an individual page or going to the most recent post.

Reaction score
Look up top here to the right of the first post.There's a 'jump to new' button.

Reaction score
Not seeing an option to go to the first unread post in a topic. All I see are jumping to an individual page or going to the most recent post.

Nevermind. Now that I am marking topics as 'read' it seems to jump to the first new unread post when I click on the topic title.