Welcome to Japan!

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Hello all you Star Wars fans around the world!

As you know, on March 11th, 2011 Japan had a devastating earthquake, which resulted in unprecedented damage.
A year after the earthquake, life and work is slowly returning to normal.

We have received a lot of support from people around the world.

We have received many words of encouragement on our websites, it is greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

At this time, Japan RS is now back on the line. We have a great opportunity to tell everyone about great exclusive SW items and events in Japan! And, above all else, through this forum, we want to deepen and create more friends and contacts around the world!

Let's begin!

This forum is dedicated to bringing Japanese collectors together with the rest of the international collecting community. This is a place you can not only visit to discuss any Japanese collectible you like, but can post questions and expect Japanese collectors to read them, and even chime in with a reply. On the flip side, Japanese collectors will also be using this forum to ask questions of you.

Use this forum to discuss all manner of Japanese Star Wars collectibles.

Use this forum to track down, sell and trade Star Wars items with Japanese collectors. There may be a collector out there who can help you!

Check this forum regularly for information on how you can get your hands on sought-after Japanese Star Wars Collectibles!

Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy your stay!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking forward to participating in these forums here! Thanks for pointing me in this direction!

Uncle Gundy :)

Reaction score
Hi UG!

I know you have a amazing collection!
Do you have any Japanese items to show off here?

Mark's Takara are awesome!

I like to see more pepole likes japanese Star Wars stuff.

Reaction score
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1078700/

I will be going to Japan (first time!) in a couple days and will be there for 9 days. Are there any good places to hit up for cool / J-exclusive Star Wars stuff? Those jeans look awesome!

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Let me know when you came back.
Show us pictures.

Have a nice trip, Enjoy.

Thank you.

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Hakurai toys and Blisters are our JRS sponsor.
If you mention you are from RS, They will give you discount.
Hakurai toys is carrying pretty good vintage items.

And Starcase you will not miss. One of the must go place.
Check that out,

Japan trip, take a lot of pictures ( before you do please ask them) Have fun.

Reaction score
Hakurai toys and Blisters are our JRS sponsor.
If you mention you are from RS, They will give you discount.
Hakurai toys is carrying pretty good vintage items.

And Starcase you will not miss. One of the must go place.
Check that out,

Japan trip, take a lot of pictures ( before you do please ask them) Have fun.
Cool, Hakurai Toys looks good but is too far out of the way. I may hit up Toy Sapiens though!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Do not miss Star Case in Koenji.
I used to live about 5 minutes from that place.
Just incredible.

Reaction score
Oh, and after you go to Star Case in Koenji, head to Nakano, it's the next stop.
Go to Nakano Broadway, on the North exit of Nakano station, which is a large shopping street with some amazing stores on the second and third floors.

Be careful though as it's easy to lose track of time in Nakano Broadway.
Like Star Case, it shouldn't be missed.

Reaction score
I realize it'sin the middle of your trip (just saw this thread for the first time today), but as a Star Wars fan, DO NOT miss Star case, and as mentioned above, a trip to Nakano Broadway is recommended.

I also (of course) recommend going to Kotobukiya's store in Akihabara (full disclosure: I work for Kotobukiya, in case it wasn't obvious from the screen name and logo). They carry a wide range of collectibles, not just Kotobukiya stuff. Star Wars items are on the 4th floor.

Hmm. If you're around on the 14th and don't have other plans, there is a small group of Star Wars fans meeting up in Yoyogi park (near Harajuku Station) in the afternoon to play around with lightsabers. They'll probably be there around 3:30 or so. Yoyogi's a big place, but if you go down to where the fountain is and take the path to the right, they usually meet up by some picnic tables a bit off to the right from that path. Sorry I can't give you any clearer directions.

You also might want to check out the bar Kanda Flux if it isn't too far from where you're staying. It's an SF themed place with a bit of memorabilia on display.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I realize it'sin the middle of your trip (just saw this thread for the first time today), but as a Star Wars fan, DO NOT miss Star case, and as mentioned above, a trip to Nakano Broadway is recommended.

I also (of course) recommend going to Kotobukiya's store in Akihabara (full disclosure: I work for Kotobukiya, in case it wasn't obvious from the screen name and logo). They carry a wide range of collectibles, not just Kotobukiya stuff. Star Wars items are on the 4th floor.

Hmm. If you're around on the 14th and don't have other plans, there is a small group of Star Wars fans meeting up in Yoyogi park (near Harajuku Station) in the afternoon to play around with lightsabers. They'll probably be there around 3:30 or so. Yoyogi's a big place, but if you go down to where the fountain is and take the path to the right, they usually meet up by some picnic tables a bit off to the right from that path. Sorry I can't give you any clearer directions.

You also might want to check out the bar Kanda Flux if it isn't too far from where you're staying. It's an SF themed place with a bit of memorabilia on display.
I am currently in Kyoto, about to head back to Tokyo this afternoon. We will be spending the whole Sunday (the 14th) at Akihabara, so will try to hit up kotobikuya, but unfortunately will not be able to make it to Yoyogi park (went there a few days ago, though, where we walked from Shibuya to Shinjuku. Beautiful park!).

Are any of these other places in the immediate Tokyo area? I liked the looks of Hakurai Toys but it's a bit out of the way...even a normal retail place, like the equivalent of Target or Toys R Us or Walmart would be cool. I haven't seen any stores like that this trip, just specialty stores like Toy Sapiens.

As for Kanda Flux, looks really cool! Is it fun, or cheesy tourist trap (like Planet Hollywood)? Also, I hate to ask ,but is it foreigner friendly? We have been turned away from a couple places, politely mind you, clearly for being foreigners. I read that some bars, clubs, and restaurants will do this but being Fromm America have never experienced something like that...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kanda Flux isn't a tourist trap at all, and their prices are not inflated/average pricing for Japanese bars/restaurants. One of the bartenders will make a drink on the spot based on your favorite character. I've been there 3 or 4 times (I live out on the far western edge of Tokyo, so it's about an hour away by train), and would definitely go again.

Granvania is a decent restaurant in Akihabara, just down the street from the Electric town exit. As you leave the ticket gate, go out the station doors on your right, turn left and head down the street. It's on the corner. While it's technically a maid cafe in that the staff dresses in the maid outfits, they don't go overboard with the weird performances, squeeky voices, forced "moe" style. I like the overall decor of the place, as well. They can get pretty busy, though, so you may or may not be able to get in.

Did you just go through the Meiji shrine grounds, or through Yoyogi park proper?

The closest you'll find to a Target or Walmart is probably an Ito Yokado. There are some Toys R Us stores around, but I'm not sure exactly where, it's been a while since I've been to one.

If you haven't already, I really do highly recommend (as before) hitting up Starcase and Nakano Broadway. I don't know which part of Tokyo you're staying in, but they aren't that far out of the central area if you catch a Chuo Rapid train. They're only about 20 minutes from Tokyo Station, or 6 minutes from Shinjuku. Do check the Starcase site (linked above, I think)for a map and directions from the station, as well as their open hours.

Reaction score
Kanda Flux isn't a tourist trap at all, and their prices are not inflated/average pricing for Japanese bars/restaurants. One of the bartenders will make a drink on the spot based on your favorite character. I've been there 3 or 4 times (I live out on the far western edge of Tokyo, so it's about an hour away by train), and would definitely go again.

Granvania is a decent restaurant in Akihabara, just down the street from the Electric town exit. As you leave the ticket gate, go out the station doors on your right, turn left and head down the street. It's on the corner. While it's technically a maid cafe in that the staff dresses in the maid outfits, they don't go overboard with the weird performances, squeeky voices, forced "moe" style. I like the overall decor of the place, as well. They can get pretty busy, though, so you may or may not be able to get in.

Did you just go through the Meiji shrine grounds, or through Yoyogi park proper?

The closest you'll find to a Target or Walmart is probably an Ito Yokado. There are some Toys R Us stores around, but I'm not sure exactly where, it's been a while since I've been to one.

If you haven't already, I really do highly recommend (as before) hitting up Starcase and Nakano Broadway. I don't know which part of Tokyo you're staying in, but they aren't that far out of the central area if you catch a Chuo Rapid train. They're only about 20 minutes from Tokyo Station, or 6 minutes from Shinjuku. Do check the Starcase site (linked above, I think)for a map and directions from the station, as well as their open hours.
Ok we will definitely try to hit up Kanda Flux tomorrow after we come back from our day trip to Kamakura. When we went to Yoyogi park, we were actually looking for the Meiji shrine. We walked through the park and basically exited and went around the edge to arrive at the back gate to the shrine. Quite a walk but really enjoyable. Got a couple of CW 501st Troopers at Toy Sapiens at the end of it though, so that was nice.

Just came back from Star Case. Used these instructions and found it with no problem:
where is the star wars shop in tokyo? star case koenji | Tokyo Fox (

You were right, a great store and the guy there (owner?) was very helpful and even gave me a little discount. Got the Sideshow Darth Talon (he opened it and struggled to find 2 AA batteries to verify it worked) & 6 Legacy figures (Frigate Leia x2, Needa, Hoth Rebel Trooper, Owen, & Beru) for 43,000 yen out the door.

We are actually staying near the Tokyo Dome, so yeah we've been using the Chou line a lot. We were going to go to Nakano right after Star Case but ran short on time as we have a Robot Fight with an old friend in an hour. So we will have to save Nakano Broadway for the day we leave (Monday), as Sunday is my otaku gf's "Akihabara Day". We found these instructions, which appear pretty explicit:
http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25749/Nakano+Broadway.html

Last edited:

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Star wars: Episode vii to open december 18, 2015

With pre-production in full-swing, a confirmed release date of December 18, 2015,
has been set for Lucasfilm's highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII.

"We're very excited to share the official 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII,
where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season
but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture,"
said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.

Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams (Super 8, Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek) and
is being scripted by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi).
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing,
with Tommy Harper (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, Jack Ryan, Star Trek Into Darkness) and
Jason McGatlin (Tintin,War of the Worlds) serving as executive producers.
John Williams is returning to score Star Wars: Episode VII.

Shooting is scheduled to begin spring 2014 at Pinewood Studios.
StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.

Reaction score
Thanks forinformative post. I like shopping. I want to Japan and visit this toy sapiensand Capture the photo and send you to. Once again thank you for this post.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm heading to Japan for three weeks in May, so I dropped in to ask for some recommended Star Wars/toy shops, but it looks like there's already a good list to choose from! I'm going to be in Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Okinawa. Looks like Star Case is a must see!

Toru_Komuro

Reaction score
Oh, gee ED, you are the next,

You checked here right?

Front page of this thread, my #4 post, there are bunch of shops you have to check that out.