Wedge Antilles' X-Wing Starfighter

Reaction score
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

A store by my college still has a couple of these...but at full price, as well as a ton of TIEs and exclusive battlepacks, again all at full price!

Reaction score

I'd love you get another pair of these for 34.99, but they sold out here long before they hit clearance.

Reaction score

Don't forget to check the Target.com's "find it at a Target store" feature; just because there aren't any on the shelf doesn't mean there isn't another case hiding in the stockroom

Reaction score

Woohoo! Finally got it!

I saw these a few months ago- and passed (because of the price) But as my collecting bug had to be sated, I went hunting for the x-wing again. Took some time (and traveling!)

I give it 10/10 for subject matter- Wedge Antilles's X-Wing! I got back into the SW craze in '95 when I read the first X-wing novel, Rogue Squadron . Wedge is one of my favorite charactors. And he's never given his credit!

The only other x-wing I've ever owned was the Vintage out-of-scale ROTJ one as a kid. This one outshines that mold in every way. Its not perfect- lack of cockpit detail, awkward head on Wedge, super-loose astromech, but still worth it.

The kill markings (sweet!)are an awesome addition, but the white stickers are annoying. There has to be another way. With a little custom work, this will look great next to the Elite Tie Intercepter in 181st markings!

Reaction score

Finally got around to unpacking this and taking some pictures:

Reaction score

Had I known this version was coming I would have passed on the Dagobah X-Wing. Maybe I'll just break down and buy it.

Reaction score

So far I've only seen this version once. Target off the 15 fwy at the Cajalco exit, in Corona.

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
Wow... the Kesin Omnis variant!!!
That's not all! It's the POTF2 electronic X-wing, too, with built-in Luke & R2.

Yeesh.

Reaction score

...and wait til mom comes back to Target and flags down associate. "I bought my son your X-wing that lights up and makes sounds.....do you have another one?"

Reaction score

I just can't stand people that buy an item, exchange it for an older version and just take it back to the store. It's stealing and the store employees are too retarded to notice.

Anyway, back on the subject, i love this X-Wing mold but i hate that Hasbro slacked on the cockpit. We got those wonky killstickers but no stickers where need be, i.e. in the cockpit. This vehicle would look a lot better with some stickers in the cockpit to mimick the controls.

Reaction score

Well, several months ago, Target was clearencing out some SW stuff (got the Tie Fighter) and was hoping to get the X-Wing on clearance. Well, my local store had a bunch and they just disappeared. Last week, they showed up again for 30% off. Thought about it, but I couldn't pull the trigger. Was back there tonight, and there were still a couple left. The sticker still showed 30% off ($35). I scanned the thing just to be sure, and it came up at 75% off ($12.48)!!!

Obviously, YMMV...

Reaction score

anymore r you willing to pick up for fellow collectors

Reaction score

smithrm65 said:
anymore r you willing to pick up for fellow collectors
I grabbed the last two. Not sure it would be a great deal after the shipping costs if there were any left. This thing is pretty big...

Reaction score

I really need to pick this up again and not customise it this time. Keep meaning oo, just havent done it yet.

Reaction score

does anyone know what the brackets on the bottom of the yellow ladder are for? I did notice the brown ladder slides right into those slots but I cant imagine thats what they are for...

Reaction score

Nice find. You could have maybe even used TRU's ad to get a B1G1HO deal there.

Reaction score

skytreader said:
Nice find. You could have maybe even used TRU's ad to get a B1G1HO deal there.
Not likely. The X-wing was a Target exclusive. Target will PM absolute prices only (not Bogo, 20% off, etc)

Reaction score

Managed to score one today for $12.48. Start checking those prices on the scanner folks.

Reaction score

I saw about 15-20 of these at Target this afternoon. Sure enough, 75% off. None of them had a sale sticker on them.

Reaction score

Jedi534 said:
I saw about 15-20 of these at Target this afternoon. Sure enough, 75% off. None of them had a sale sticker on them.
Wow crazy, what Target was that? O_O

Reaction score

my local Target had the same one they've had for weeks and I scanned it today.......$49.99.....sheesh

Reaction score

Jedi534 said:
I have no idea what your financial situation is like, but maybe you should consider picking a bunch of them up and passing the savings along to your fellow scummers?

Reaction score

Will pay postage and help you find what you need if someone's willing to pick several of these up for me!

Reaction score

Have a boxed Wal-Mart AT-ST to trade for one of these Wedge X-Wings if anyone is interested and willing. Would also be happy to pay for a Wedge X-Wing at the 75% off price (plus shipping and handling)!

Reaction score

Why not check your local Target? They have been showing up at multiple Targets in CA and MN. The deal isn't so hot anymore once you add $20-$30 for shipping...

Reaction score

$35 is probably a fair price. Item should have been priced at $40 retail, not $50. Almost every Target I have been in lately has a stack of these for $35. Finding it for $12.48 is the trick. But, if you have to add shipping, it's no longer a steal...

Reaction score

Haven't seen these locally in Augusta in months; full priced or not. I remember having to order one online back in January because the stores were long out. If you remove the X-wings and put them in one large box the shipping should equal itself out. I don't even need the figures, just the X-wings for my Yavin Hanger dio

Reaction score

Is this the right Dpci # 087-06-0629 for Wedge's X-wing?

Thanks.

Reaction score

Yep, that's it. Still full price in my area.

Reaction score

Managed to find just one of these but only really for the extra stuff. I have the X-Wing itself loose for trade if anyone is looking for just the ship.

Reaction score

I called two Targets and found one that had the Xwing on clearance , they said they had one (the other store had 18 of them at full price).....when I got there of course there were none anywhere to be seen so I asked someone, happened to be the guy I talked to on the phone, he claimed he told me he didnt have any, when on the phone he said there was one......so another wasted trip....

skytreader said:
Managed to find just one of these but only really for the extra stuff. I have the X-Wing itself loose for trade if anyone is looking for just the ship.
what do ya think you might want for it?

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
I called two Targets and found one that had the Xwing on clearance , they said they had one (the other store had 18 of them at full price).....when I got there of course there were none anywhere to be seen so I asked someone, happened to be the guy I talked to on the phone, he claimed he told me he didnt have any, when on the phone he said there was one......so another wasted trip....

skytreader said:
Send me a PM with the link to your trades and I'll take a look.

Reaction score

skytreader said:
Spookymufu said:

skytreader said:
Send me a PM with the link to your trades and I'll take a look.
about the only thing I have left to trade is a TRU Hoth Patrol BP (the one with Luke, Taun Taun, Wampa), a Incinerator troop, and a Saga Royal Guard.

Reaction score

There are 3 of these sitting at a local Target, but still at full price.

Will keep waiting until they go on clearance.