Wedge Antilles' X-Wing Starfighter

Joined
Jun 3, 2005
Messages
5,422
Reaction score
3
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

ohmAniPadmeOhm said:
My wifes out of town with the camera but...
Uh oh!

Actually, no. On second thought, I'm not even gonna touch that one. No way!
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

That's a great scene you set up in those pictures. I also am getting my Rebel Transport/Cart and Red Leader's R5 Unit in the mail from Ebay.

I can't wait to set up my own display once I get all the pieces I need.
 
Joined
Apr 17, 2006
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

That does indeed look good. Nice pics.

Got this yesterday from BBTS. The ship itself is actually disappointing. Paint apps are very plain and the cockpit controls are undetailed - there isn't even any stickers for it as far as I can see. Fortunately for me my main reason for buying this thing is as diorama 'fodder' to fill out a Yavin Hanger display and the ladders were a great bonus. Together with the Scramble on Yavin set its a fine addition to that diorama. I just wish I could set it all up now but the house is to undergo major renovation so everythings boxed up.

Anyway my dio will have Luke (force F/X) and Wedges X-wings and my 3 Y-wings (potf2, OTC and TAC). Hoping to find more ladders for all these ships and for Hasbro to card the technician from the BP so I can buy loads of those. It'll be a nice busy diorama with all the pilots, astromechs, hero characters, Honor guards, Fleet troopers, technicians, Dodonna, troop carrier vehicle and hopefully one day Commander Willard and the vehicle energiser.
 
Joined
Nov 4, 2008
Messages
1,668
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

ohmAniPadmeOhm your Yavin hangar looks awesome. I love the pillars in the background and the scrambling pilots and astromechs.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
1,090
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

ohmAniPadmeOhm said:

X-Wing, Scramble on Yavin cart, etc., with X-Wing package insert thing. Basically the same photos I posted a few weeks ago but with the insert.
Wonderful display. I've passed on so many pilots in the past. In fact, just about every updated modern pilot. I'm really regretting it now. I really want this X-wing, but I'm still not sure I can justify the price, especially when I already basically have it (Dagobah X-wing) and I'm in dire need of the new AT-ST and Dewback.
 
Joined
Oct 14, 2008
Messages
1,017
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

anybody see these disappear/get clearanced? Local Target last week had these in toy ailse on the endcap, at least 6, now there all gone. Cruised around the store a bit if there was a clearance section and the closest thing was a couple endcaps with couple things thrown on them for there individual sections. Kind of figured to x-wing & Rancor would be gone pretty shortly, with the Geo packs out, cuz I don't remember Target ever having sooo many exclu on shelf at the same time.
 
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
3,529
Reaction score
0
Location
Kinderhook, NY
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

REBELPURGE said:
anybody see these disappear/get clearanced? Local Target last week had these in toy ailse on the endcap, at least 6, now there all gone. Cruised around the store a bit if there was a clearance section and the closest thing was a couple endcaps with couple things thrown on them for there individual sections. Kind of figured to x-wing & Rancor would be gone pretty shortly, with the Geo packs out, cuz I don't remember Target ever having sooo many exclu on shelf at the same time.
I would love to pick one of these up on clearance! Unfortunately, they're all hiding in the stock room, waiting for employees to take them home when they finally do go on clearance
 
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
2,034
Reaction score
0
Location
Vineland, NJ
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

I haven't even seen this on the shelves since they put up the Geonosis Packs. I got it for the 2 figs and the ladder accessories. I still haven't even unpacked the X-Wing.
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

king_d said:
REBELPURGE said:
anybody see these disappear/get clearanced? Local Target last week had these in toy ailse on the endcap, at least 6, now there all gone. Cruised around the store a bit if there was a clearance section and the closest thing was a couple endcaps with couple things thrown on them for there individual sections. Kind of figured to x-wing & Rancor would be gone pretty shortly, with the Geo packs out, cuz I don't remember Target ever having sooo many exclu on shelf at the same time.
I would love to pick one of these up on clearance! Unfortunately, they're all hiding in the stock room, waiting for employees to take them home when they finally do go on clearance
I'm waiting for that day!
 
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

I saw loaded end cap, but now they are all gone too.
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
0
Location
A galaxy far, far away....
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Just checked this out in person for the first time. And I am amazed noone has been talking about this. But, ISNT HIS HELMET THE WRONG COLOUR? It looks totally silver to me, and the movie helmet is dark green isnt it?
 
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
8,249
Reaction score
21
Location
Northridge, CA
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

I think it's a dark gray/silver, I guess what would be called Slate gray.
 
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
9,785
Reaction score
144
Location
Metro Detroit Area, Michigan
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

king_d said:
Any word if these have hit clearance yet?
Heck, I havn't even seen them at any Targets in a minute (since they took down the nedcap). I'm kinda thinking they won't be around for clearance....
 
Joined
Aug 18, 2005
Messages
4,596
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Target seems to have had a much smaller order for these than some of their previous exclusives. I'm glad I bought mine when I did, because I haven't seen any in a few weeks.
 
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
8,249
Reaction score
21
Location
Northridge, CA
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Idpullthecurtain said:
Darth_Brett said:
I think it's a dark gray/silver, I guess what would be called Slate gray.
Which the toy or the movie?
Both. But I think the toy has metallic flakes in the paint while in the movie the helmet was a matte finish.
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
0
Location
A galaxy far, far away....
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Darth_Brett said:
Idpullthecurtain said:
Darth_Brett said:
I think it's a dark gray/silver, I guess what would be called Slate gray.
Which the toy or the movie?
Both. But I think the toy has metallic flakes in the paint while in the movie the helmet was a matte finish.
It has always seemed dark green to me, and the toy looks totally off and looks a different colour to me.
 
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
5,015
Reaction score
7
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

AgentClaret said:
king_d said:
Any word if these have hit clearance yet?
Heck, I havn't even seen them at any Targets in a minute (since they took down the nedcap). I'm kinda thinking they won't be around for clearance....
Yeah, it's kind of strange. One day there was an endcap full of these, and the next day, they were gone. The thing is, from what I saw, people weren't really buying these, so I don't think someone came in and bought all of them at all of the different stores from one day to the next. Maybe they're going to put them back out closer to the holidays? Has anyone tried typing in the DPCI number to see if these are listed as "in back?"
 
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
3,529
Reaction score
0
Location
Kinderhook, NY
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

CaptainJack said:
Target seems to have had a much smaller order for these than some of their previous exclusives. I'm glad I bought mine when I did, because I haven't seen any in a few weeks.
Go to the Target website and do a search to see if there are any stores in your area that have them in stock. I know at least two stores in my area that have them in stock but they're not on the shelf.
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
4,745
Reaction score
1
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Yeah, I was wondering about this as well. I go to at least five Target stores that all had at least four of these on the shelf. The day the end cap went, they were nowhere to be found.

Yesterday, I found one on the shelf. I scanned it to see if it was on clearance, it wasn't, but it said there were more in the back.

My guess is that they'll pop up again when the exclusive Tie Fighters hit.


.
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,655
Reaction score
31
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

All my trade buddies Statesides have been witnessing this too. I was hoping one would grab one for me, but based on their past expereince we were holding off for now in case it was marked down (didn't have much cash at the time anyways). At that time, they were still available in big numbers but overnight they all vanished. I'm wondering if they'll be brought back out for some kind of promotion perhaps? Or a Christmas reset of some kind? It's odd for them all to be pulled off the shelf. Anyone with Target experience or inside knowledge know what's up with this?
 
Joined
Oct 5, 2003
Messages
21,552
Reaction score
1
Location
Sausalito, CA
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

ReverendStrone said:
All my trade buddies Statesides have been witnessing this too. I was hoping one would grab one for me, but based on their past expereince we were holding off for now in case it was marked down (didn't have much cash at the time anyways). At that time, they were still available in big numbers but overnight they all vanished. I'm wondering if they'll be brought back out for some kind of promotion perhaps? Or a Christmas reset of some kind? It's odd for them all to be pulled off the shelf. Anyone with Target experience or inside knowledge know what's up with this?
I noticed this too. About ten Targets local to me all had 2- four of them and then they were gone all of the sudden. I figured when they started throwing risers up that they would stock them there but no such luck. Fortunately one Target out of all of them still had two and I used a $50.00 rebate card from my cell provider to pick one up today.
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,655
Reaction score
31
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

It seems to still be available online, but where has all the shop floor stock gone? It hasn't sold, that much seems certain, just vanished all of a sudden in what seems like the vast majority of Targets (at least anecdotally). Somebody out there knows the answer. Help us out Target insider person!
 
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
3,529
Reaction score
0
Location
Kinderhook, NY
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

ReverendStrone said:
It seems to still be available online, but where has all the shop floor stock gone? It hasn't sold, that much seems certain, just vanished all of a sudden in what seems like the vast majority of Targets (at least anecdotally). Somebody out there knows the answer. Help us out Target insider person!
They're hiding in the stockroom! Seriously. When/if a new plan-o-gram has room for them on the floor, they'll find their way out again.
 
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
8,655
Reaction score
31
Location
Wellington, New Zealand
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Thanks King. Well, lets hope that when that planogram is implemented it coincides with a friendly price drop. While I personally am not too upset about the pricing on this ship when compared to others, any less potency in that credit card sting is welcome.
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
1,229
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

ReverendStrone said:
Thanks King. Well, lets hope that when that planogram is implemented it coincides with a friendly price drop. While I personally am not too upset about the pricing on this ship when compared to others, any less potency in that credit card sting is welcome.
This happened at the local target. They reappeared last week on an end cap with other star wars items.
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
4,745
Reaction score
1
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Trust me, when Target receives their exclusive TIE Fighters, the Wedge X-Wing will be right there on the shelf next to it.

Smart move, actually.

.
 
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
11,218
Reaction score
16
Location
Chandler, AZ
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Waited and waited for this one to go in clearance and never happened. I decided to get it today as I only saw one left in 3 Target stores that I frequent. I had a $35 gift card and clone cash so I snatched it for ~$13 which made it even better! Looks great in the box but takes too much space, will get it out of there soon.
 
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
189
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Glitch said:
Trust me, when Target receives their exclusive TIE Fighters, the Wedge X-Wing will be right there on the shelf next to it.

Smart move, actually.

.
Yup, that was exactly what happened. Went ahead and picked it up, but sold off the ladders and the Wedge to recoup some of the cost.
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
6,524
Reaction score
1
Location
Southern California
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

I saw this marked down to $34.98 at Target on x-mas eve. I picked one up. They had about 10 of them all with the 30% sticker on them.
 
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Is it possible to disassemble this X-wing and fix the seat so that the storage area works? (I don't care about fitting that Wedge figure in the cockpit.)
 
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
6,524
Reaction score
1
Location
Southern California
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

snoopy said:
Is it possible to disassemble this X-wing and fix the seat so that the storage area works? (I don't care about fitting that Wedge figure in the cockpit.)
YES! Take out the 2 bottom screws that are directly below the cockpit, pull both halves of the ship apart and at the same time pry the seat forward. It's tough to do with only 2 hands but it will work.
 
Joined
Dec 13, 2004
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Jedi534 said:
YES! Take out the 2 bottom screws that are directly below the cockpit, pull both halves of the ship apart and at the same time pry the seat forward. It's tough to do with only 2 hands but it will work.

Excellent! Thanks!
 
Joined
Aug 21, 2008
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

I think the Wedge figure looks great to create all other pilots.

so which x wing body do you prefer on for other pilots?

VTSC luke or target wedge?
 
Joined
Aug 25, 2007
Messages
1,691
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Gothiczartan84 said:
I think the Wedge figure looks great to create all other pilots.

so which x wing body do you prefer on for other pilots?

VTSC luke or target wedge?

Mate you aren't the poster who used to call himself Captain Panaka from the old days on The Bounty Hunter Collective forums are you?

Sure sounds like it except you now construct your sentences a little bit better and your English is a bit better too.

Anyone remember the old Captain Panaka forum poster I am talking about from the old days, sure was a cack! LOL!
 
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Lemme be the first to say, this is the first X-wing that I've managed to fit Porkins in. Took alittle work and I thought it was an "almost fit" when I finally got it seated right. Canopy closes and everything! (Takes alittle work to get him out though). I've already got 3 of these all at full price, and I suppose they might as well put me down for another so I can add his X-wing to my Yavin Hanger dio plans.
 
Top