Wedge Antilles' X-Wing Starfighter

Reaction score
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

One of my friends found this at a Target in Pittsburgh, PA.

The lengths people go to get a new figure. Is it just me or did they leave behind the R2 unit?

Reaction score

Wow is the exclusive Red 3 X-Wing out already?
How lame. That guy could've just sold ME the X-Wing, I still semi like the old POTF2 Rebel Pilots Pack Wedge more than new SA Wedge.

Reaction score

Target near me marked these down to $45.99 (from $49.99). They've been selling through and the shelf is getting regularly refilled.

Reaction score

LordStarscream said:
Target near me marked these down to $45.99 (from $49.99).
They've been marked down at all Targets. This is the second week that they've been at that price. They were marked down the same time the basic vehicles were marked down to $17.99.

Reaction score

Neal said:
LordStarscream said:
Target near me marked these down to $45.99 (from $49.99).
They've been marked down at all Targets. This is the second week that they've been at that price. They were marked down the same time the basic vehicles were marked down to $17.99.
Do you know how long this sale is going to last till?

Reaction score

found this today in WNY at the marked down price

Reaction score

i just want the figure from this thing. Ebay prices are at $35 though!! Just for the figure.

Reaction score

You may want to think about picking it up while Target has it for 46.00 and selling off the pieces you don't want.
Someone just sold the ladders by themselves today in Moden Classifieds for 15.00. I'm sure you could get at least another 15 for the X-Wing.

Reaction score

yeah might end up doing that

that's nuts as well, $15 for 2 plastic ladders

and that $35 Wedge i mentioned earlier is up to $61 now.

Reaction score

ShoNuff15 said:

Yikes, I should put mine up!

Reaction score

ShoNuff15 said:

WHAAAATTT!?!?!!? Is that overseas people paying $61 for the figure? When people start paying more for the figure than the entire set itself, that's just crazy. Unless it's someone overseas and if they were to have to pay shipping for the entire set, then it would be a lot more.

Reaction score

I think there is something fishy about that auction,
doesn't make sense to pay 61 dollars for something you could have gotten for 20 dollars less with a Buy it Now,
plus there's a Wedge with X-Wing for 35.00 with no bids.

Reaction score

Saw a few of these yesterday and wanted to buy one, but the paint apps on Wedge's head and helmet were screwed up on all of 'em. Great QA Hasbro, thanks.

Reaction score

Just picked this up today, it looks great! Can't wait to open it up when I get the time.

Reaction score

I picked Wedge and the X-Wing up today. It's a very cool set, and I am quite happy with Wedge.

On the subject of ebay: People tend not to bid on items with high starting bids. I saw half a dozen HK-47s go by at $22 starting bids, without selling, while people at the same time were buying them in bidding wars at around $35. It's some sort of weird competitive psychology.

Anyways, I was going to pass on this set, but Wedge is a favorite character of mine, and my last X-Wing was the first POTF2 one. The only part of this set I am not happy with is the opaque white decals, which look very off when applied. Maybe Hasbro will mail out corrected ones if we bug them in a Q&A, but if not, it isn't really a big deal.

Reaction score

I've actually seen a Wedge from this go for $35 so if someone was to buy this and sell off the ladders and ship for $15 each that would make the figure more justifiable, I realize asking high prices for the packins are crazy but if someone willing to pay that it's even more crazy right.

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
I realize asking high prices for the packins are crazy but if someone willing to pay that it's even more crazy right.
I don't sell anything on ebay basically cause all the stuff that I buy is only the stuff that I really want in the first place. However, I would see nothing wrong with selling anything on ebay (Star Wars items included) and getting big money for it. As long as you start the auction at or below retail, there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting a high price on an item if someone is willing to pay that price for it. You never know, maybe someone is housebound and rather than ask a friend or relative to run around from store to store looking for toys, they just prefer to pay twice as much as retail price for it just for the convenience factor. As long as someone wants to pay a given price, I see nothing wrong with the seller accepting it.

Dom

Reaction score

Man that sucks, its still £70 over here

Reaction score

Has anyone done a headswap to make a Wedge snowspeeder pilot??

Reaction score

Sire said:
Has anyone done a headswap to make a Wedge snowspeeder pilot??
What about the comic pack Wedge too, heads interchangable?
This is the same body as the Red 4 Walmart exclusive right?

Reaction score

I'm going to sell/trade my X-Wing. Neither the wings nor the "kill" stickers have been applied. If you are interested PM me and we'll work something out.

Jason

Reaction score

Has anyone yet figured out what the little slots on the underside of the top of the yellow ladder are? The little "notches" on the top of the legs of the small ladder seem to be able to slide right on in there perfectly, but once attached, the way it looks seems really really awkward and impractical for any sort of usage.
Any thought anyone?

Reaction score

This is my first 'big' xwing as I only own a '78 model.

I'm VERY impressed, though i'm leaving the Rogue Squadron kill stickers off.

I also am a little disappointed in the landing gear as it tends to rock back on the rear gear when placed on carpet.

But

Overall

This was a very nice bday surprise to have dropped on my bed by my three-year-old son this morning as I didn't expect it!

Reaction score

Managed to get the last (and only?) one of these at BBTS. Being readied for shipping now apparently. Now I just hope my Scramble on Yavin set comes through from Amazon. Really wanted both of these two as they're the same theme.

Reaction score

Got mine on ebay today. I really hate Target exclusives, never know if they are going to come up to Canada. So when this was offered for 50 bucks I figured I better get it while I could. Can't believe people are asking 100 bucks for this set, that is crazy. Looking forward to getting my first Wedge figure.

Reaction score

Finally got to open this. It's everything I hope it would be and Wedge turned out amazing. The seat being fixed in the x-wing was sooooooo welcome too.

Reaction score

I saw one of these this afternoon, someone swapped the figures. Luke & R2-D2 were the figures in place of the other ones.

Reaction score

Ugh. What a scumbag thing to do. Swappers are the lowest form of life in this hobby.

Reaction score

Ok I have a question.
Who the hell brings in other figures to swap out other figures? Some guy brings in Luke and R2 figures to get the Wedge and his droid? Seriously? WTF is up with that.

Reaction score

Krayt said:
Ok I have a question.
Who the hell brings in other figures to swap out other figures? Some guy brings in Luke and R2 figures to get the Wedge and his droid? Seriously? WTF is up with that.
I'd have to assume that they buy it, bring it home, swap out the figures, and then return it for a full refund.

Reaction score

I'm not condoning what that guy did, but it wouldn't happen if they'd put out Wedge on a [censored] card.

Reaction score

king_d said:
Krayt said:
Ok I have a question.
I'd have to assume that they buy it, bring it home, swap out the figures, and then return it for a full refund.
Exactly. They don't make the actual switch in the store. I mean, these people are lowlifes, but I don't think that they're completely stupid.

Reaction score

It basically is shoplifting in the confines of their own home. Thief buys it for $50, takes it home and switches out old figures and takes the new figs and then goes back to the store and gets a full refund. They got two figures for free and screw somebody else out of the toy as well.

I would use the excuse that it's because it's so expensive, but I've seen figure swaps on figures that are only $6, too.

Reaction score

I was disappointed tho open my X-wing last night to find that it came with two of the same right laser cannons. Now I have to return and exchange it.

Reaction score

Last friday I cannibalized the inside of my Wedge X-Wing pacakage, flattened out the step and put the X-Wing and Scramble on Yavin cart on top. Looks pretty cool. My wifes out of town with the camera but I can post some pics later.

Reaction score

Got mine today. This is a great set. Now I just can't wait until I get my new place so I can really display this with my other rebel ships and pilots.

Reaction score

X-Wing, Scramble on Yavin cart, etc., with X-Wing package insert thing. Basically the same photos I posted a few weeks ago but with the insert.