Wedge Antilles' X-Wing Starfighter

Reaction score
Re: Wedge Antilles\' Red 2 X-Wing Starfighter v2

Hasbro Target exclusives rarely stay at full price for long. It's just a matter of time until they're clearanced for less than $20. I saw one of these yesterday and wasn't that impressed with it. Good idea, but the execution is a bit weak. For some reason, the white backed kill stickers really bug me.

Reaction score

Still waiting on this in Augusta, Georgia. No sign yet.

Reaction score

Found a few of these at Target this morning.I am going to pass on these for now.

Reaction score

Mofo_Jones said:
For some reason, the white backed kill stickers really bug me.
I agree. It just seems lazy considering there are no white surfaces on the ship. They should have been matched to one of the colours on the hull or been printed on a clear sticker sheet.

Reaction score

What's wacky is that the stickers are clear on the back of the box when they show a picture of them on the ship.

It would be very easy to scan the stickers and print them on clear sticker paper.

Reaction score

Saw these on an endcap at Target on sale for $45, with some clone bucks, at $40, that's not a bad deal at all.

Reaction score

JoeRhyno said:
Saw these on an endcap at Target on sale for $45, with some clone bucks, at $40, that's not a bad deal at all.
Unfortunately Wedge isn't worth that, and I don't need an X-Wing!

Reaction score

JoeRhyno said:
thats cool, except at the 2 stores I have been at it was $50. I did end up buying my first CW figures yesterday, Cad Bane, not only because I like the character, but also because I saw he had some CLone bucks packed in with him. So I bought him first, went out to the car opened him up and garbbed the bucks, and then went back inside to grab the x-wing.

Thanks to the RS homepage for the Clone bucks info - I hadn't heard about this promo until I saw it there posted yesterday.

Reaction score

ShmashWitdaclub said:
thats cool, except at the 2 stores I have been at it was $50.
$49.99 is the regular price. Many Star Wars items are 10% off this week at Target, and the X-Wing is one of them. It is now ringing up at $45.99, though the price tags won't reflect that for all of the items. It may be wise to scan items to see if they're on sale.

Reaction score

Neal said:
ShmashWitdaclub said:
$49.99 is the regular price. Many Star Wars items are 10% off this week at Target, and the X-Wing is one of them. It is now ringing up at $45.99, though the price tags won't reflect that for all of the items. It may be wise to scan items to see if they're on sale.
Yeah, I took my receipt back in today and got my $4 adjustment, I then went to Panera bread and had breakfast! Thank you Hasbro and Target, it was yummy!

Reaction score

phantomrs said:
Neal said:
ShmashWitdaclub said:
Yeah, I took my receipt back in today and got my $4 adjustment, I then went to Panera bread and had breakfast! Thank you Hasbro and Target, it was yummy!
I went and looked at my receipt, and by golly it did ring up $45.99, and I did get $5 off using the coupon - didn't realize my total was only $44 something after tax.

Reaction score

Hi,

Anyone wanting just the X-Wing Vehicle and packaging on this item, I only wanted the figures.

So, if you're wanting the vehicle: You can have it for $29.99... that's $20 off retail, + no tax. Good deal for vehicle collectors.

PM or email.
Paypal or check, money order.

Reaction score

I bought it on Monday, there were no sale signs and my receipt says $49.99.
If there's a sale everywhere it must have started post-Labor Day only. The local Targets haven't even put this out yet so that'll be pretty sad if they don't even get it out in time for the sale.

Reaction score

None at Dover, Delaware or Hackettstown, NJ.

Got mine in Phillipsburg, NJ.

Reaction score

I have a question to those that have it. Did they improve the wings? I bought the red 5 one way back when and I remember the wings kept sagging.

Reaction score

Don't know bout the wings, can't open it till saturday for my B-day, but I finally got this set, been waiting like what, how long has it been 10 year since the comic, I wanted Wedges X-wing before that even, I'm super excited!

Reaction score

Nice layout and pictures, I can't wait to get this set to go with that set!

Reaction score

I broke down and bought it. I couldn't resist, I have been waiting for 10m years for them to make a wedge x-wing. I noticed that on the back o the package that the eu stickers are clear, wonder if maybe hasbro might make replacement stickers, it's happened in the passed.

Reaction score

Another interesting note about the back of the box, it shows Wedge's Astromech using the Saga Legends R2-D2 mold (push button w/ lights & sounds).

I finally got one. No thanks to any Target employees.

Reaction score

Picked the only one up at my local Target. Though I haven't taken it out of the package yet, I'm quite pleased. Very attractive packaging, and the Wedge scuplt isn't nearly as bad as it looked in pictures. As most of the CW stuff is hidden behind plain boxes, this should be a major attention grabber for the kids; if not a home run for Hasbro atleast a good solid run. Very pleased with this product.

Reaction score

Saw this today and picked it up. A little more than I would have liked to pay, but it is a really nice set.

Reaction score

Very pleased with this set, I like the ship and the droid, don't see why everyone are so on about the ladders I think they are kinda crap, I'll still use them I just feel like they are kinda forced or like they are made for another toy.

Reaction score

Morgan4242 said:
don't see why everyone are so on about the ladders I think they are kinda crap, I'll still use them I just feel like they are kinda forced or like they are made for another toy.
I'm not all that strongly opinionated on these ladders one way or the other. I think they're fine for their intended use, nothing really wrong with them & nothing particularly great about them either.

While on the subject of the ladders---has anyone figured out what exactly the story is with the little "slots" on the underside of the top part of the yellow ladder? The smaller ladder has little notches on the end of it that do fit right into those slots, but if you attach the 2 then it just looks really awkward and unusable in any logistical manner. Any thoughts? Pictures would help also.......

Reaction score

I saw these in Target yesterday and passed for a couple of reasons. I already have 3 versions of this X-Wing tool in my collection. I really don't need a 4th one. But the thing that really stands out about this X-Wing is the color and finish of the fuselage. The color does not match the wings and the finish is shiny which just doesn't look good IMO. I would like to have Wedge and the astromech, but I just can't justify the cost to get them. Besides, Hasbro releases nearly everything single carded at some point. I am willing to bet we will see Wedge again.

Reaction score

With a lot of other characters I'd say that's more than likely to happen, but not with Wedge. After all this time he's only had one single carded release, and that wasn't even available in stores.

Reaction score

I broke down today and picked this one up. Only two were available in central Arkansas. Was originally planning on getting this and then selling the X-Wing until I got to looking at the vehicle! The paint job is excellent, and one point that hasn't been mentioned is that the cockpit has been changed a bit so that the figure sits better. Not sure if they did this first with Red 5 X-Wing or not. I only have Red Leader X-Wing, but Red 2 has the seat sitting back a little more so that the pilot's helmet isn't bumping the canopy.

The only thing I like better about the paint job of Red Leader's X-Wing is the engines. So... I'm going to try my luck at swapping the parts out and putting the engines off of Red Leader onto Red 2, then I'll probably sell the other X-Wing on ebay.

Don't like the head sculpt of Wedge, but I had already made a custom Wedge from a Luke X-Wing body and the head of the comic 2pack. Wedge is suppose to be a little short like Luke anyway. Think I'll paint this guys hair a lighter color brown and make him Dak Ratler.

Jason

Reaction score

Been talking with Dan Curto about this one and wanted to update this thread. I think a lot of people that already own the Red Leader or Dagobah X-Wing are going to miss out!! Red 2 X-Wing is an actual upgrade to the older X-Wing mold. The red markings on the ship are a paint application NOT stickers! Also, Hasbro changed up the cockpit a bit so that the action figure sits better in the cockpit.

Definitely glad I picked this one up.

Jason

Reaction score

Ok hate to keep bringin this up, but disregard the two post above. I finally took the Red 2 X-Wing out of the box and compared it to the Red Leader X-Wing. The Red 2 X-Wing looks like crap! The paint application and weathering on Red Leader makes Red 2 look like an old vintage Kenner toy!! Also, the "correction" Hasbro made on the cockpit now has the pilot laying back looking at the stars - crap again!!

So, I will probably be selling the Red 2 X-Wing on ebay.

Jason

Reaction score

I don't like the reclined position of the seat, but I understand why it was necessary. Wedge is too tall to sit in the fighter if the seatback was in the upright position. Another drawback is that you lose the storage area behind the seat, which was a nice bonus feature of the Red One X-Wing. I'm a sucker for vehicles, so I of course had to buy this one straight away.

Reaction score

The fact that Wedge is too tall is a mistake in itself. Wedge is shorter than Luke in the movies. I plan on just using Red Leader's body for my Wedge.

Reaction score

I was really excited about the killmarkers being included with this ship, but massively dissappointed when I saw them. For anyone interested, here's a copy of the one's I did myself several years ago on a custom. They're more detailed, and somewhat more novel accurate, with the red markers indicating squadron kills, and the addition of the Ssi-Ruuvi droids. Feel free ta use 'em!

Reaction score

PizzatheHut said:
I don't like the reclined position of the seat, but I understand why it was necessary. Wedge is too tall to sit in the fighter if the seatback was in the upright position. Another drawback is that you lose the storage area behind the seat, which was a nice bonus feature of the Red One X-Wing. I'm a sucker for vehicles, so I of course had to buy this one straight away.
"Storage area behind the seat"? What the crud!! I've had this ship for years, ever since it first came out and never knew that the seat flipped up!! Oh I definitely love Red Leader's X-Wing better!!

How they should have fixed the cockpit problem is by doing something different with the bottom of the seat so that the pilot actually sits lower.

Hadn't thought of using the short Red Leader figure for Wedge, I'll have to check out how the comic pack Wedge head fits that body and how Red Leader's head fits the new Wedge body. I actually made a custom Wedge pilot figure from a Luke Saga Legends body and Wedge comic pack head. Had to trim the ball on the Luke body a bit to make it work, but it looks great!

Jason

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
Darth_Brett said:
The fact that Wedge is too tall is a mistake in itself. Wedge is shorter than Luke in the movies. I plan on just using Red Leader's body for my Wedge.
Heads dont fit.
Is the Wedge head too big? If so, that's an easy fix. I know somebody made a list on here somewhere of compatibility in regards to mixing and matching heads, but I have no clue where that thread is.

Reaction score

Personally, I like 2 different Luke Dagobah X-Wings better than Red Leader and certainly Red 2. The weathering on them just makes them look more realistic. I also like the underlying color scheme. Red 2 seems very bland and that reclined seat is terrible.

Reaction score

jlw515 said:
Ok hate to keep bringin this up, but disregard the two post above. I finally took the Red 2 X-Wing out of the box and compared it to the Red Leader X-Wing. The Red 2 X-Wing looks like crap! The paint application and weathering on Red Leader makes Red 2 look like an old vintage Kenner toy!! Also, the "correction" Hasbro made on the cockpit now has the pilot laying back looking at the stars - crap again!!

Jason
I don't want to disagree with you or anything but the rebelscum photo archive shows the wedge figure looking straight out and sitiing up for the most part. Not at all looking up at the stars, wonder if all the fig needs is some playing with. I agree that the weathering isn't as extreme, but it's wedges starfighter, it wasn't even that distressed in the movie. I'm more suprised no one here has mentioned that the wings wobble a bit when picking it up, that drives me crazy, that and the fact that wings tend to bend.

Reaction score

jodokast421 said:
jlw515 said:

Jason
I don't want to disagree with you or anything but the rebelscum photo archive shows the wedge figure looking straight out and sitiing up for the most part. Not at all looking up at the stars, wonder if all the fig needs is some playing with. I agree that the weathering isn't as extreme, but it's wedges starfighter, it wasn't even that distressed in the movie. I'm more suprised no one here has mentioned that the wings wobble a bit when picking it up, that drives me crazy, that and the fact that wings tend to bend.
Concerning the weathering, you are right. I looked at my Star Wars Chronicles book and noticed that most of the X-Wing models weren't that weathered looking. However, I like the way Red Leader's X-Wing looks better. I'll try to play around with the figure, but I could only get him to lay back like he was in counseling or something!

Jason

Reaction score

I've never owned a Wedge figure or an X-wing for that matter. He's always been one of my three favorite characters in SW's so I can't resist this when I heard about it.