QUESTION Weapons value

Reaction score
I recently bought a collection of vintage figures. Most are from the original 1st 25-30 figures and are in very good if not mint shape. I have all of the weapons with these figures and was wondering if it is better to sell the figures complete or to part them out and sell the weapons separately? Some of these figures are so mint that I may just send them into AFA to be cased but I'm just not sure yet. Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
You will probably make more money on selling some of the harder weapons separately ( Leia blaster/light sabers) but if the figs will grade 85’s might be worth it to get graded then sell. Just my 2 cents,K

Reaction score
I wouldn’t touch a loose weapon on eBay these days with all the fakes/repros floating around. Kinda sad because I believe most sellers are honest, but the bad apples spoil it for everyone.

Have AFA authenticate the weapon (with the figure) for you.

Just my 2 cents as well.

Reaction score
I agree 100% with eBay being full of fakes. I know for sure these are all legit. I will only send a few off to get graded so not sure how to sell the rest.

Reaction score
I agree 100% with eBay being full of fakes. I know for sure these are all legit. I will only send a few off to get graded so not sure how to sell the rest.
Offer them for sale here wouldn't be a bad idea. Why part out complete pieces

Reaction score
Try and Find comparable completed auction sales on ebay. Then discount 15-20% to sell on here would be my advice!

Dax

Reaction score
If the figures are near perfect then keep them together as they'll fetch a good price. Most collectors know it's easier to purchase a complete figure than an incomplete one and then hunt for an accessory.

If the figure has some wear to the paint or other defects, then I'd separate the weapon and sell the items individually. For smooth sales try here or any of the major facebook groups.

I wouldn't worry about AFA unless you're selling a DT saber figure or a vinyl Jawa. You'll have to wait ages to get the figure back and the extra money you'll make, you'll mostly spend on the grading service.