We need a good line of "X-files" figures/toys

Reaction score
We need a good line of \"X-files\" figures/toys

Hey everyone. I didn't see a post on this, so wanted to start one - there is a separate thread mentioning TV shows that should have figures; but, this doesn't really mention X-files, so I wanted to create a dedicated thread for this.

Anyway, I am currently going back and re-watching "The X-files" on DVD, and just finished re-watching the fourth season. As I've been watching the show, I'm reminded of how great it was when I first saw this back in the '90's - IMHO this was definitely one of the best '90's TV shows, and also one of the best sci-fi shows of all time. It was one of the few shows ever to successfully combine sci-fi, horror, & also suspense/thriller elements.

Re: figures based on the show, there really haven't been that many - so far, all we've seen were a line of McFarlane toys figures devoted to the 1998 film (which I'm not really counting), as well as a more recent series of 12" dolls/figures based on some of the main characters. There was also a "Flukeman" figure made by McFarlane toys back in the late '90's/early 2000's, but this was an Exclusive (online?) and was almost impossible to get ahold of.

While I agree that a line of "X-files" figures has the potential to be boring (since many of the main characters are just people in suits), I think if the focus were more on the aliens/creatures in the series, there could definitely be some interest in this line from even casual fans of the show.

Re: the company that should make these toys, I think maybe Diamond Direct/NECA would be a good choice(s), since they've both done a good job with other movie/TV related toys (i.e., Battlestar Galactica, Terminator, etc.)

Here is what I would like to see - I think these figures should encompass both the 9 seasons of the TV show as well as both feature films (1998 & 2008) - note that I've broken up the figures in Waves, and I have the minimum of "normal" (i.e. suited agent) characters in each wave to make it more diverse:

Wave 1:
Mulder in Suit
Scully in Suit
Flukeman (mutant in sewer from first season)
Eugene Tooms with "stretching" action (maybe his fingers could stretch like in the show)

Wave 2:
Assistant Director Walter Skinner
Werewolf from "Shapes" episode (first season)
Jersey Devil (cave/ape man from first season)
Basic Gray alien (various episodes)

Wave 3
"Fight the Future" green-ish large movie alien (1998 film)
Cigarette-smoking man
"Eve" twins two-pack
Rob Roberts - mutant from "Hungry" episode (S. 7)
The Great Mutato - mutant from "Post-modern Prometheus episode (S. 5)

Please feel free to add to this list - my memory of many of the later aliens/unusual characters in the show is somewhat dim, since I saw the later seasons of the show years ago.

Reaction score
Re: We need a good line of \"X-files\" figures/toys

I'd be up for those!!!

Recently purchased some of the X-Files: Fight the Future figures - which aren't too bad.

I'd love to see what could be done now, with updated tools/sculpts/etc...

GNT

Reaction score

I never had a chance to get the movie figures at the time but I wouldn't mind seeing a small run of the main characters and a few other wierd and wonderfull characters that popped up over the years.

Reaction score

The problem is with these niche figures is they often are only available at Specialty shops witch I have none, but if they were done at SW/Joe scale I'd probably get them If I could find'em!

Reaction score

I've got all the movie figures from mcfarlane and they are awesome. If you are still looking for a flukeman, i think they come up on ebay, and here's one at bbts flukeman

I'd love to see figures released for the series, but it's just not going to happen. Series has been over for too long now and there isn't going to be any more movies to drum up interest.

Take heart though, you can pick up the mcfarlane one's on ebay really cheap.

Reaction score

VadersClone said:
I've got all the movie figures from mcfarlane and they are awesome. If you are still looking for a flukeman, i think they come up on ebay, and here's one at bbts flukeman

I'd love to see figures released for the series, but it's just not going to happen. Series has been over for too long now and there isn't going to be any more movies to drum up interest.

Take heart though, you can pick up the mcfarlane one's on ebay really cheap.
Thanks for the info. - I remember seeing the McFarlane toys in stores back in '98, but never got any of them for some reason. The Flukeman was an online exclusive, I believe.

I agree that the chances of new X-files figures coming out are extremely slim, but I'm hoping against hope that we'll see these someday. I think the show had/has enough of a following that a good line of figures from the TV show (and maybe the films) would be welcome by collectors/fans, but I just don't think the figures have been handled well up to this point. The McFarlane toys only really focused on the film, which was fine, but there were a lot of cool figures that were never made from the show.

The later 12" figures were kind of boring, since they were just large figures of the human characters (i.e., people in suits), and that's not too exciting.

There have been cases of long-cancelled TV shows that generate a line of figures, but it doesn't happen too often. I believe that if a new line of X-files figures were to come out, they would have to be sold specifically through comic stores/collectible stores and/or online.

Reaction score

I just pulled my FTF figures out of storage and forgot how great they were. Only downside was the lack of guns (I know they didn't have any in the movie).
I'd be happy with Diamond Select doing aline as long as the quality is better than in the past. Could happen when (and if) the next movie hits.

I think it was MAC that had a series planned before the company went another direction that would have included Doggett and a few others. Wish I could find pics.

Edit: Found

Reaction score

I still have the X-Files figures from the FTF movie, and they are nice - but a few upgraded figures would be cool. Its not something I'd like to see a whole line of, especially since the second movie was a bit of a let down and there doesnt seem to be much of an X-Files future. That being said, if a company like McFarlane, Neca, etc did a run of Scully / Mulder figures in the 7-8 inch scale, I'd probably pick them up. I recently bought my first BSG figure of Commander Adama by DST / Art Asylum - and the likeness is great, so something along those lines for Scully / Mulder would be fantastic - so long as it wasnt actually DST handling it, because they crash figure lines into the ground.

PS- While we're on the subject of X-Files, my Scully ID tag is lost from my FTF figure, does anyone have a spare from a figure they customized or something?

Reaction score

darth_sidious said:
PS- While we're on the subject of X-Files, my Scully ID tag is lost from my FTF figure, does anyone have a spare from a figure they customized or something?
I used to. I may get a set of loose mulder and scully off ebay for a custom so if I get them I'll be happy to send the tag your way.

Reaction score

Thanks for all of the input to this thread, everyone. The pictures of the unproduced Doggett & Skinner look great - too bad these were never made.

Though I may be in the minority, IMHO there are enough creatures/characters out there in the "X-files" to justify a solid, thorough line of figures, even though there's a good chance we may never see these.

After doing some research & re-watching more of the show, here are some more Waves (to add to my first three in the first post above) that I wanted to list:

Wave 4

Special Agent Doggett (Seasons 8 & 9)
Male Zombie from "Folie A Deux" episode (Season 5)
Female Zombie from "Folie A Deux" episode
Insect-like monster from "Folie A Deux"

Wave 5

Alex Krycek w/artificial arm
Golem (season 4)
Chupacabra
2-headed dog from "X-files: I want to Believe" film (2008)

Wave 6

Special Agent Reyes (Seasons 8 & 9)
Human Bat ("Patience" episode)
Ubermenscher ("Arcadia" episode)
Vele monster ("Terms of Endearment" episode)

Reaction score

bonoferox said:
darth_sidious said:
I used to. I may get a set of loose mulder and scully off ebay for a custom so if I get them I'll be happy to send the tag your way.
Oh, that would be awesome - thank you, my Scully appears really odd with a hole in her chest, she looks like she got shot! Customs would be awesome, what do you have in mind? FBI jackets would be really cool, or Scully in a medical coat...

Reaction score

I'm selling all my X-Files figures for $10 + shipping

Reaction score

Some great suggestions there ThallJoben. I'd love to see a new line of X-Files figures especially if Fox makes a third movie. But if it was to focus more on the creatures I'd prefer the ones that look like creatures. Ones like the lizard creature from late season 8 or the faceless rebels would be better choices than the Eve twins.

I'd want Krycek released fairly early too. I hate that the only figure of him was an Sideshow exclusive thats now impossible to find below $1000.

Reaction score

wesker said:
Some great suggestions there ThallJoben. I'd love to see a new line of X-Files figures especially if Fox makes a third movie. But if it was to focus more on the creatures I'd prefer the ones that look like creatures. Ones like the lizard creature from late season 8 or the faceless rebels would be better choices than the Eve twins.

I'd want Krycek released fairly early too. I hate that the only figure of him was an Sideshow exclusive thats now impossible to find below $1000.
Thanks for the feedback - I had forgotten about the faceless rebel alien(s) & the lizard creature. Both of these characters would make great figures, and I agree these would be better choices than the Eve twins (if there had to be a choice between one or the other). I just thought that the Eve twins would make a great two-pack since I re-watched that episode recently, and it's one of the better creepy episodes in the series.

Reaction score

I was thinking it'd be cool if NECA picked up a couple X-Files figures. Those McFarlane ones were terrible.

And what about the alien bounty hunter guy (with the little pneumatic stiletto) ? I didn't see him in your guys' lists...

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
I was thinking it'd be cool if NECA picked up a couple X-Files figures. Those McFarlane ones were terrible.

And what about the alien bounty hunter guy (with the little pneumatic stiletto) ? I didn't see him in your guys' lists...
Thanks very much for the suggestion. I should have added that alien bounty hunter character. So, here is an additional proposed wave including suggestions from the last two posts, plus one more:

Wave 7

Alien bounty hunter
Faceless rebel alien
Lizard creature (Season 8)
Monster/Demon (B. Campbell) from S.6 episode "Terms of Endearment"

Also, I completely agree about NECA being a great choice to pick up this line (if it's ever produced). They are currently doing a superb job with the T2 figures and are going to be making some "Predator" figures as well (which also look good). Also, to those who say that "X-files" is too old of a property for a toy license, I point out the current T2 figures, which are based on a 19-year old film. Granted, this may be trying to compare apples and oranges, but the fact remains that older properties can be viable as a possible toyline if they have a healthy fanbase

Reaction score

would love to see some cool 3.75" versions of the X-Files characters... definately Mulder and Scully (would work great with the Joe line). I collected the movie figures from MacFarlene toys back in the day but gave them all away. would love to see Mezco tackle this line for the 3.75" format similiar to how they did Hellboy 2. only this time make the figures more readily available and have more characters to choose from...would love to get Agent Skinner, as well as Cigarette Smoking Man, and the lone gunman as well. perhaps different versions of Mulder and Scully as well...and of course all the weird creatures and stuff that made the X-Files awesome.

Reaction score

Alright, I have some more characters that would be great as figures in this line - as has been discussed, a line based on this show is a long-shot, but stranger things have happened:

Frank Black - "Millennium" episode (Season 7)
Metal man/creature - "Salvage" episode (Season 8)
Soul eater - "The Gift" episode (Season 8)
Mutant man-reptile - "Alone" episode (Season 8)

Reaction score

Or a 3-pack of the Peacock boys

Reaction score

I recently bought the complete series on DVD and there are plenty of episodes that would lend to amazing figures.

PS: bonoferox, did you ever make that custom Scully figure? I'd love to have a custom lab coat for the Scully figure - ever found anything that would fit her?

Reaction score

No I was never able to get them from ebay like I planned. I was going to get the Sam's club three pack so I could make a custom CSM from Mulder and just have another alien for fun.

The labcoat from the Mr. Fantastic Marvel Legends boxset would probably be the best.

Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread - not because there's anything new to report, but after seeing the great job that NECA had done on their movie lines in the past several years since I started this thread (Alien films, Robocop, forthcoming POTA, and the Horror lines), I really think they would do an amazing job on an X-files line. It's a shame there hasn't been anything like this since, as I mentioned in earlier posts, there are quite a few characters from the TV show & films that would make great figures....

Reaction score
I still have my "fight the future" figures - x-files was one of my favorite shows, so I'd probably buy a mulder and scully if neca made them.

GNT

Reaction score
I'm watching the show atm (haven't seen it's original airing) and would be totally up for some figures from the show, all the core characters and a few memorable creatures/monsters/aliens for some variety in the collection.

Reaction score
Glad to hear there is still some potential interest in a hypothetical line of figures from this show. After all, X-files will be 21 years old this year, so IMHO it should be considered a "classic".

The below is a consolidated, edited list of some posts I made earlier in this thread of what I would like to see in the line. Note I know this is extremely unlikely, but it would be cool to see...

I think this theoretical/potential line should encompass both the 9 seasons of the TV show as well as both feature films (1998 & 2008) - note that I've broken up the figures in Waves, and I have the minimum of "normal" (i.e. suited agent) characters in each wave to make it more diverse:

Wave 1:
Mulder in Suit
Scully in Suit
Flukeman (mutant in sewer from first season)
Eugene Tooms with "stretching" action (maybe his fingers could be bendable & stretch like in the show)

Wave 2:
Assistant Director Walter Skinner
Werewolf from "Shapes" episode (first season)
Jersey Devil (cave/ape man from first season)
Basic Gray alien (various episodes)

Wave 3:
"Fight the Future" green-ish large movie alien (1998 film)
Cigarette-smoking man
"Eve" twins two-pack
Rob Roberts - mutant from "Hungry" episode (S. 7)
The Great Mutato - mutant from "Post-modern Prometheus episode (S. 5)

Wave 4:
Special Agent Doggett (Seasons 8 & 9)
Male Zombie from "Folie A Deux" episode (Season 5)
Female Zombie from "Folie A Deux" episode
Insect-like monster from "Folie A Deux"

Wave 5:
Special Agent Reyes (Seasons 8 & 9)
Golem (season 4)
Chupacabra
2-headed dog from "X-files: I want to Believe" film (2008)

Wave 6:
Alex Krycek w/artificial arm
Human Bat ("Patience" episode)
Ubermenscher ("Arcadia" episode)
Vele monster ("Terms of Endearment" episode)

Wave 7:
Alien bounty hunter
Faceless rebel alien
Lizard creature (Season 8)
Monster/Demon (B. Campbell) from S.6 episode "Terms of Endearment"

Wave 8:
Frank Black - "Millennium" episode (Season 7)
Metal man/creature - "Salvage" episode (Season 8)
Soul eater - "The Gift" episode (Season 8)
Mutant man-reptile - "Alone" episode (Season 8)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would be in for all of them! Have 6 of the sideshow figures and the Mulder and Scully busts that were made for Fight The Future. A proper 6" line would be fantastic.

Reaction score
That's just it, if it were to get a line it would most likely be 6". So I'd have no interest. But I'd definitely buy half of those listed if ever made in 3.75" scale!

I heard recently that they were thinking about doing another X-Files movie, maybe if that happens they'll do a short line...

Reaction score
For me, it's just the opposite - I don't think I'd be into a 3.75" line. Don't get me wrong, I do understand that a 6" X-files line may be too expensive for some (and/or take up too much room). However, IMHO a 3.75" line wouldn't work well due to the level of detail that you really need for these characters. IMHO, the baseline here are the McFarlane toys that came out in 1998 (for the movie). They were roughly 6", and you could see the wrinkles in the characters' outfits, the detail on the alien(s), etc.

For a theoretical line that would encompass the entire TV series & the films, I think a 6" would work best. Note that I don't see a lot of figures coming out (definitely not the # in my wanted list a couple of posts ago, unless a miracle occurs). But, I think a handful of 6" figures would work...

If a new film does come out, maybe we will see something like this. Granted, I do think the franchise has enough of a fanbase to support a line without a new film, but then again I'm not sure about this...

Re: the Sideshow 12" X-files figures, I never had any - mainly because they were all human characters, which I don't find that interesting, IMHO. I understand that human figures are easiest to make (especially in the 12" scale), but to me it was a real missed opportunity that Sideshow didn't make at least some aliens in the line. I have no idea how well this line sold, however, since I didn't really follow this. If they had made some cool aliens (Eugene Tooms/Flukeman/Gray or Green basic alien, etc.) & if they looked good, I would have gotten them..

Last edited:
Reaction score
In a sense I get what you're saying. But it has been shown before in several lines, the level of accuracy that can be achieved in the smaller scale. Even SW line has some great detail to which you are describing.

Reaction score
Nothing new to report here, but I am bumping this thread due to the recently announced new X-files TV mini-series coming out in early 2016. Though there hasn't been a dedicated line of action figures made for the X-files TV show (yet), IMHO now would be a good time to come out with some new figures - probably in a limited release capacity - maybe as a direct-market line, and/or Internet-only line....

GNT

Reaction score
Good chance for someone to make them, at least the main cast but I doubt we will sadly.

Reaction score
I'd love to see a 3.75" series of X-Files figures featuring the main cast. Scully, Mulder, Skinner, Smoking Guy, etc. that would be great

Reaction score
Yes, the main cast is a given - however, I would also like to see the strange/unusual aliens & mutants that were regularly seen on the series - as I mentioned in earlier posts. There were so many of them throughout the series that it's a shame only 1 of them have ever been made as a figure, since they would make great toys. The "Fluke-man" from one of the early seasons was made as an extremely limited release/online-only?! McFarlane Toys figure, but that was so HTF I almost don't even count this...

EDIT: Here's a link to an old review of this great Flukeman figure: http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_102300.htm

My feeling about potential figures of these X-files aliens/mutants is the same way that I feel about Hasbro making figures of the Cantina creatures/Jabba's Palace creatures - I want all of them, no matter how obscure!

Last edited:
Reaction score
For what it's worth, it looks like at least a limited # of X-files action figures are coming. If you look at the below article, X-files mini-mates are mainly focused on here. However, it also mentions that there will be some new Sculler & Mulder 7" figures:

Official Photos and Info For X-Files Minimates and Vinimates - The Toyark - News

Hopefully they'll also make at least some of the monsters/creatures from the Classic TV series...

Reaction score
Haven't ordered these X-files figures from the recent 2016 series & probably won't get them.

I am only really interested in a line of figures from the iconic 1993 - 2002 series; I'm still disappointed that have never really gotten a good line of figures from this classic series....

That being said, what's interesting is that X-files still seems to have some life in the franchise. Sure, in the past 10 years we've only seen one feature film (2008) and the 6-episode mini-series from this year - but, that's better than nothing....

Last edited: