Wave 2 - 2009

Reaction score
Re: Wave 5

These are rumored except for two of them, Loathsom and Fisto have been confirmed.

Commander Gree
Admiral Wullf Yularen
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Ahsoka Tano (Different Version)
General Whorm Loathsom

Reaction score

Hope the ashoka is the poncho version and gree has a removeable helmet and his badazz double mohawk.

G

This is shapeing up to be a good wave! Gree will be awesome if they do make him. Fisto will be amazing and I can't wait to see him. Loaethsome is a great chearacter in the movie and he will have a nice spot on top of my new blue aat thats coming out later this year.

Reaction score

Senator Palatine needs a figure and maybe even that Clone General Guy who doesn't wear clone armor, I don't remember his name.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
These are rumored except for two of them, Loathsom and Fisto have been confirmed.

Commander Gree
Admiral Yularen
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
General Whorm Loathsom
That's a fantastic line-up! I'd get them all. I just hope our Jedi start getting some knees!

Rockmysocks10: I'm guessing you're referring to Commander Wolfe. Either way, yes I'd be all over the Clone Naval officers too.
Heck, I think I'd really dig a Cruiser bridge playset to go with them and create some spiffy dioramas!

Reaction score

Here's my own prediction...

Anakin Skywalker - poncho
Admiral Wullf Yularen
Kit Fisto
Clone Commander Wolffe
King Katuunko
General Whorm Loathsom

Reaction score

Nicklab said:

Admiral Wullf Yularen
Kit Fisto
Clone Commander Wolffe
King Katuunko
General Whorm Loathsom
4 of those will be pegwarmers. I would expect maybe 2 of the non jedi at most.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:

Commander Gree
Admiral Wullf Yularen
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
General Whorm Loathsom
I'd welcome any and all of those figures.

Reaction score

Nicklab said:

Admiral Wullf Yularen
Kit Fisto
Clone Commander Wolffe
King Katuunko
General Whorm Loathsom
I really don't think people understand just how many episodes are going to be made. The idea of them tooling an ENTIRELY new mold for someone like Katuunko is just not going to happen.

Reaction score

Grak said:
Nicklab said:

Admiral Wullf Yularen
Kit Fisto
Clone Commander Wolffe
King Katuunko
General Whorm Loathsom
I really don't think people understand just how many episodes are going to be made. The idea of them tooling an ENTIRELY new mold for someone like Katuunko is just not going to happen.
Agreed. Even if only the first 2 seasons air that's 20 HOURS of Star Wars. They are going to do very few new toolings right off if they can help it. That's why there will be multiple clones in every wave. It will give them more profit off the first mold (Which is amazing) by just repainting, new accessories, head sculpts ect.

GNT

Reaction score

Grak said:
Everyone knows Lucasfilm plans to release 100 episodes. That's alot of hours in the long run. Can we expect every figure to be made into plastic? Nope. But getting a character that appeared on scean for an episode and had dialogue is no different to a background cantina alien who said nothing at all.

Reaction score

This wave sounds absolutely awesome, except for Ahsoka. Why oh why do we need another? She was a horrible character so why have TWO versions of her?

Reaction score

GNT said:
Grak said:
Everyone knows Lucasfilm plans to release 100 episodes. That's alot of hours in the long run. Can we expect every figure to be made into plastic? Nope. But getting a character that appeared on scean for an episode and had dialogue is no different to a background cantina alien who said nothing at all.
Further to that, if LFL's animation division have gone to the trouble of designing, building, rigging and texturing a new character, you can bet they're gonna want to make mximum use of that work, so I fully expect them to reuse characters in future episodes. With ninety something episodes to come, the likelihood of Katuunko or Ziro or any other cameo characters turning up again is very good, I would think. They will want to make the most of the investments in development they have already made. Gha Nacht has (for example) has already appeared as a bar fly in Ziro's den, being served drinks by a repurposed medical droid; the Niktos in that same scene are the same ones seen in Jabba's palace; while the Republic's mid-level ranked officers are all clones. It's about economics - reusing the same character models as many times as you can get away with it.

So yeah, I think there's every chance we'll see Katuunko in plastic at some stage, beacuse I think there's an even better chance that we haven't seen the last of him in the show. If there is one very big thing that both digital animation and toy making have in common, it's that repainting and repeating is much cheaper than creating new models from scratch - clone troopers being by far the best example of that match made in heaven.

Reaction score

Kit Fisto is one of my favourite characters, so it's good to see him confirmed.

Reaction score

GNT said:
Grak said:
This is entirely different. They make the background cantina members now as a tribute to fans. This new CW line is clearly geared towards kids and I'm sorry but Katuunko has absolutely no play value. As for him and other minor characters reappearing, I agree. However, I don't think it will be enough to warrant being made into plastic. They will be making clones, droids, Jedi, and core characters almost exclusively for the rest of the line.

Reaction score

Grak said:
They will be making clones, droids, Jedi, and core characters almost exclusively for the rest of the line.
Probably a LITTLE premature to say such things.

The King may not have much play value alone, but add a couple guards? They were pretty cool. And it's possible we'll see him again in the show, which might warrant a figure.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Grak said:
They will be making clones, droids, Jedi, and core characters almost exclusively for the rest of the line.
Probably a LITTLE premature to say such things.

The King may not have much play value alone, but add a couple guards? They were pretty cool. And it's possible we'll see him again in the show, which might warrant a figure.
I think it is a little premature to start picking out characters that 'need to be made.' There has only been a handful of episodes yet after each one people come on here and talk about 3-4 characters that need to be made. They simply cannot and WILL not make these obscure new tools when they can repackage a repainted clone, R2 unit, etc.

People need to remember that this isn't the Legacy line where 'collector' figures are going to be made. I think that is pretty clear by the lack of articulation seen in waves 1-4. This line is for kids and I can't think of any reason why a 7 year old would want a King fig. Don't get me wrong, I love the character, but he won't get made. Period.

Reaction score

Oookay then, I suspect Gree will be in this wave, I also suspect he will not pegwarm.

Reaction score

If the TV series gains in popularity, which I suspect it will, we'll see all sorts of characters being made. And kids do like obscure characters, especially if they're aliens. I've seen and heard this personally, actually. An acquaintance of mine has a son who absolutely loved Gasgano from TPM...yes, blink and you missed him Gasgano, and the son was 7 or 8 at the time.
Also, I don't think that its premature to start guessing what characters need to be made. That's part of the fun, true?

Lastly, on the point of articulation, I see that more as Hasbro being cost-cautious with a new line. Again, if the TV series get's as popular as I feel it will, then the sky's the limit really because the show is a veritable gold mine of cool concepts and designs.

Reaction score

Grak said:
GNT said:
Grak said:
This is entirely different. They make the background cantina members now as a tribute to fans. This new CW line is clearly geared towards kids and I'm sorry but Katuunko has absolutely no play value. As for him and other minor characters reappearing, I agree. However, I don't think it will be enough to warrant being made into plastic. They will be making clones, droids, Jedi, and core characters almost exclusively for the rest of the line.
You make a good point Grak and for the most part I think you're right, however Hasbro has demonstarted that they appreciate the importance of throwing in those spicy little odd [censored] from time to time, to help keep the line fresh. They've said they're making Loathesome, of all characters, which even I'm surprised about, so i think that makes teh propsect of seeing someone liek katuunko getting some plastic love more likely, though we may have to wait a while for him.

While I agree that the majority of the line will indeed be clones and jedi, just as you predict, I think we can expect 2 or 3 odd aliens or backgrounders in a year's line up as well. That's part of the enduring character of Star Wars in all its incarnations, new or old.

Reaction score

Cmdr_Gree said:
Lastly, on the point of articulation, I see that more as Hasbro being cost-cautious with a new line. Again, if the TV series get's as popular as I feel it will, then the sky's the limit really because the show is a veritable gold mine of cool concepts and designs.
Yup, and it also leaves them room to revisit core characters again with improved articulation down the road, while making use of some recycled parts to off set the new tooling costs - knowing full well we'll buy them again. It's a legitimate business model and personally I don't begrudge them doing it that way either.

Reaction score

Sniperhound44 said:
Oookay then, I suspect Gree will be in this wave, I also suspect he will not pegwarm.
Does he ever?

GNT

Reaction score

Cmdr_Gree said:
An acquaintance of mine has a son who absolutely loved Gasgano from TPM...yes, blink and you missed him Gasgano, and the son was 7 or 8 at the time.
Good character and one awesome looking figure

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Does he ever?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he does, at least in all the stores I visit

Reaction score

I cant wait to see a picure of the Fisto figure. I hope he will have bending knees!

Reaction score

BBTS has these as wave 5:

1x Jar Jar (Jedi Robe)
1x Battle Droid (Jet Pack)
1x Clone Trooper (New Deco - Green)
1x Kit Fisto

I'm assuming the Jet Pack BD is the one who cut through the glass of the escape pod.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
What happened to Whorm Loathsom?
I'm guessing that since they are making more of these then expected, they are breaking up the waves until they catch up. There is really only 2 new molds in this wave.

G

They look almost like gree but the paint job is a little diffrent on the helmet.