Wattographs New CS piece!!!! Jabba!!

Reaction score
I don't care what anyones opinion is
I am getting him....makes the piece that much more awesome. Glad Ben got him to C5 and I am glad Wattos is willing to do another shipment to get him. Loving it.

Reaction score
There does seem to be some confusion about just who did the voice. But regardless, Burtt did enough behind the scenes to make him a headliner on this piece, if you ask me.

Reaction score
If you cant get larry ward (and no one ever has), then you take ben burtt on this one and call it fun. I mean, you need voice, and since we cant get larry (is he even RIP? no idea) then we take ben and have something for that. im all for this add.

Reaction score
I am not going to add Burtt because I have him on index card and will be adding to posters at CV

Reaction score
Well I will go for Ben ... still disappointed a bit about the Freeborn signing though ... I would have preferred if he had tried for another day return instead of a printed letter replacement ... this makes at least my piece a less valuable collectable than all thos who got their 16x20 really signed

Reaction score
If he actually did the voice, then by all means. I can see both sides of it.

The problem with Burtt is the same with Williams - he essentially is involved in EVERY scene. However, as Zham said the piece has so many others on it, having the voice represented in some form or fashion I suppose makes sense.

Burtt's a legend and if everyone has the cash, certainly won't hurt to add him.

Reaction score
Really, all things considered 40 dollars is not that bad considering if you would have done it on your own. Burtt costs 20.00 dollars for the signature, 10 dollars for a 16x20 send in service, and 8-10 dollars for shipping back to you. Yeah, thats about right. Compared to the other signatures on the piece, yes...he was expensive, but compared to getting him individually...no.

Reaction score
OP didnt have a problem selling out of 8x10's for $40 and this is a much nicer piece.

Sure, I'd like it to be cheaper but when you take in account the work it takes to get the photos there it doesnt seen too unresonable.

Plus its Ben Burtt!!!!

Reaction score
I think Burrtt worked on "modulating" the voice for the original film.

I am happy he will be on the piece, but wish they did not double the price for a pick-up service.

Reaction score
I think he means if someone wants to "pre-sell" the finished piece before it arrives, he would like to buy it.

I did mention the piece to Toby Philpott at C5 and he said he was expecting it but hadn't signed yet. This was on Saturday I believe so maybe the guys had him sign on Sunday.

Reaction score
It should be set up for Phillpot to sign in the UK. Not feasible to have him sign it at $20 a pop at Celebration. Ben Burtt was the exception because its the only place he would sign it.

I really hope you can find someone to give one up Rob, its going to be an amazing piece. I saw it too and it looked fantastic. Bummer for those that missed out.

Reaction score
All it has left is the UK leg. It was over there for Keen to start it off but Burtt came up so it had to ship back to the States and now it has to go all the way back and all the signing dates will be changed. Freeborn messed with the time line as well but there is nothing to be done about his health. I think the longer time line was worth getting Burtt and Freeborn on the piece.

I am really hoping it will be done by the end of the year, but the holdiays seem to always mess with signing dates. It will be worth the wait for sure. I am still holding out hope they will be able to add Tippet to it as well.

Reaction score
Joshua_B said:
I am still holding out hope they will be able to add Tippet to it as well.
If Phil signing the piece becomes a reality, it would be very cool to see an option added for sending-in any personal items that ppl may have missed him w/ in the previous signing

Reaction score
Looks like I'm in the club now guys, Jim was awesome enough to sell his over to me... Woohoo!

That being said, do we have a final, definitive list of who is on there?

Reaction score
1.MIKE QUINN
a.Eyes Operator
2.HOWIE HAMMERMAN
a.Burps
3.DAVE BARCLAY
a.Head Animator, Right Side.
4.TOM MCLAUGHLIN
a.Fiberglass and Foam Work
5.STUART FREEBORN
a.Designer
6.ROGER CHRISTIAN
a.Construction
7.MIKE EDMONDS
a.Tail
8.JOHN COPPINGER
a.Sculptor, Facial radio controls
9.JEZ-GIBSON HARRIS
a.Eye construction
10.BOB KEEN
a.mechanical parts, construction, face controls
11.TOBY PHILPOTT
a.Left Side, Tongue
12.RICHARD PADBURY
a.Construction, Jabba Smoke
13.MIKE OSBORN
a.Controller stomach, chest bladders
14.BEN BURTT
a.Voice Sound

Reaction score
Ya, the piece is looking awesome. They have really picked up the pace on signers. Can't wait to see it done!

Reaction score
pumpkinking said:
Looks like its going to be a great item.I wish I had gotten in on this.
I am probably going to let mine go when its all said and done. Wall space is at a premium and I think I would rather have the cash for a prop. However, when more signatures get on it I might change my mind. I got one of the 16x20s.

Reaction score
I am so stoked to get this piece back, hopefully before the end of the year. I'm already working on my framing for it & am getting a nice plaque to go in the frame next to the picture & piece of the "skin." I am hoping they decide to add Phil Tippett too, since he did the original maquette for Jabba.

Question - the only signer left to be paid for is Bob Bromley. What, exactly, did he do? I think he was just construction, but I am not 100% on it. Can anyone confirm that for me? Thanks!

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but this is going to be an incredible piece. Its just looking so good, and by far the best CS piece to date. Two more signers down and only 3 left and it sounds like one may be this week. This is about the only thing that has me excited about autographs so far this year.

Reaction score
sucho23 said:
pumpkinking said:
Looks like its going to be a great item.I wish I had gotten in on this.
I am probably going to let mine go when its all said and done. Wall space is at a premium and I think I would rather have the cash for a prop. However, when more signatures get on it I might change my mind. I got one of the 16x20s.
Those Photos look AMAZING..If you sell, keep me in mind.Congratz on those who got in on this.

Reaction score
Joshua_B: You may recall that Wattographs sent out an email a few months ago complaining about me posting the content of one their emails here. They seemed particularly annoyed that I posted one of the pictures they sent (despite never having said that it was in any way supposed to be confidential). So I removed the post from this thread. This is how you responded at the time:

Joshua_B said:
well, in all fairness it isn't thier site so it shouldn't be here. we have all been here long enough that it feels like a public place but someone does own it.
So why is it okay for you to be posting these photos? I just feel a little annoyed that I was publicly called out for doing the same thing.

Reaction score
icruise said:
Joshua_B: You may recall that Wattographs sent out an email a few months ago complaining about me posting the content of one their emails here. They seemed particularly annoyed that I posted one of the pictures they sent (despite never having said that it was in any way supposed to be confidential). So I removed the post from this thread. This is how you responded at the time:

Joshua_B said:
well, in all fairness it isn't thier site so it shouldn't be here. we have all been here long enough that it feels like a public place but someone does own it.
So why is it okay for you to be posting these photos? I just feel a little annoyed that I was publicly called out for doing the same thing.
Dang, its just hate Josh week. Rob emailed me and said he didn't get an invatation to the party so he can get in on it.

But your right dude. They were asking not to post their emails anywhere but I thought just the generic photo they show would be fine. Not the case, they want the photos removed so ::pOOF:: they are gone.

If anyone has any other frustration to take out I am the target this week. Maybe the boss yelled at you, maybe the wife is upset, or maybe its just me....requardless I will take it until Saturday but after that its someone elses turn. Fire away, I can take a few more.

Reaction score
I have nothing against you personally at all, for the record. I think we should be allowed to post them, but apparently they don't want that.

In any case, Wattographs has posted some of the pictures on their site so I guess people who want to see them can go there.