Wattographs New CS piece!!!! Jabba!!

Reaction score
Darth_Lynch said:
I am so stoked about that announcement. I'm trying to picture what we'll be getting, trying to plan how to display it. I'm thinking it's probably too thick for a frame. Should be really cool regardless, it's gonna be hard waiting until the middle of next year to see it!
I'm thinking it'll probably be a sort of "swatch" of his skin, maybe no more than an inch or so square, but I could be wrong. In any case, I think it would look pretty cool framed next to the CS piece.

Reaction score
icruise said:
Darth_Lynch said:
I am so stoked about that announcement. I'm trying to picture what we'll be getting, trying to plan how to display it. I'm thinking it's probably too thick for a frame. Should be really cool regardless, it's gonna be hard waiting until the middle of next year to see it!
I'm thinking it'll probably be a sort of "swatch" of his skin, maybe no more than an inch or so square, but I could be wrong. In any case, I think it would look pretty cool framed next to the CS piece.
Yeah, that's what I am figuring too. It says "skin," but I am wondering how thick it will be. If the foam rubber is still there, it could be an inch or so thick. Plus I'm guessing the skin isn't paper thin. Luckily I have a connection who does framing for a living!

Reaction score
That's a nice bonus but I'd already committed to the Stormie piece and I'll maybe pick one up down the line (or take one over from someone).

Reaction score
That´s awesome! Guess I orderd one of the last 14x16 - now I´m happy I´m done so...

Reaction score
This is going to be really cool. Can't wait for this one, and also being able to send in some other pieces to get signed by some of the tough signers will be cool.

Reaction score
Just a random thought to fuel speculation...Wattos states that the Jabba skin piece will come with its own signed COA. Perhaps this will come signex by Stuart Freeborn? Prop Store pf London has a few pieces from his collection with COAs signed by him. Its a thought, although the COA could very well be signed by Gary and/or Scott.

Reaction score
i do wonder what the backstory and provenance of the prop is. maybe its from one of the personal collections of one of the signers.

Reaction score
sucho23 said:
Now its sold out. Also just announced on Wattos...You get an actual piece of Jabba with the CS series. Awesome!!!
That's awesome! I am now even more stoked that I got in on this one!

Reaction score
I JUST missed out on these and I hate myself for it.

If anyone is interested in getting rid of one of these awesome pieces once they are finished, I will gladly pay a good amount for it.

Reaction score
Abstractharmony said:
Interestingly, Keen didn't know anything about the Jabba skin tag...
He knew about it when I mentioned it?
Maybe it was after somebody else told him, maybe you Mark? He thought it was a cool idea. Though he did think Wattos was an Australian company?

Reaction score
Abstractharmony said:
He might not have known about Jabba skin pieces, because, I believe that the skin pieces are coming from John Coppinger not Bob Keen.

Reaction score
Only1Kenobi said:
Abstractharmony said:
Maybe it was after somebody else told him, maybe you Mark? He thought it was a cool idea. Though he did think Wattos was an Australian company?
Chris Walsh, who lives in Australia, is one of the main contact people at Wattos who is in charge of contacting the SW celebs for Wattos signings, the Jabba CS being one of them.. This maybe why Bob Keen thinks Wattos is from Australia.

Reaction score
jeditronzo said:
Only1Kenobi said:
Abstractharmony said:
Chris Walsh, who lives in Australia, is one of the main contact people at Wattos who is in charge of contacting the SW celebs for Wattos signings, the Jabba CS being one of them.. This maybe why Bob Keen thinks Wattos is from Australia.
Yeah that's what we thought

Reaction score
Blue or Silver?

One's going to show up better than the other depending on where they sign. Silver would match the Salacious Crumb photo, wouldn't it?

Reaction score
My vote went with Silver. Just can't guarantee where all of them will sign and how big. If it had lighter areas around Jabba maybe but with that photo I think some of the signatures might blend in with blue.

Reaction score
I voted for blue also, I love silver and gold but my Crumb CS is in silver and they kind of get lost against the tan.

Reaction score
jedibill said:
I voted for blue also, I love silver and gold but my Crumb CS is in silver and they kind of get lost against the tan.
I'm leaning towards blue as well and for the same reason.

I really love my CS Crumb but I think it would have looked Much better signed in blue.

Reaction score
I'm going to email in my vote as well. I'd prefer the blue. I like how silver looks, but silver sharpies are great for about the first 10 sigs or so, but then start to fade. If they were to go with Decos, I'd be all over the silver, though I doubt it because they are more costly, and take longer to dry.

Reaction score
Guys, I have the photo right here in front of me and Blue doesn't show on the stomach area....at least not well IMHO

Reaction score
madchimp said:
I'm going to email in my vote as well. I'd prefer the blue. I like how silver looks, but silver sharpies are great for about the first 10 sigs or so, but then start to fade. If they were to go with Decos, I'd be all over the silver, though I doubt it because they are more costly, and take longer to dry.
I feel the same way. If a good Deco is used it will be fine, although I would prefer blue.

Either way I'm still pyched about it.

Reaction score
DarthPotts1975 said:
madchimp said:
I feel the same way. If a good Deco is used it will be fine, although I would prefer blue.

Either way I'm still pyched about it.
I am all for deco Blue....that would be killer. I tried that one on my photo and it turned out cool. Its the Sharpie blue that doesn't fair well.

Reaction score
How do we know if they would use Deco or sharpie? Good things have been said for the retractable sharpie blue.

Reaction score
I voted for blue as well, but my only real concern is how it shows up on the photo. Looking at it again, it does have more dark areas than I had remembered.

Reaction score
I voted for silver, I have an 8x10 signed in blue (same pic) and some of the autos are tough to see.

Can anyone see the link for the add on $20.00 autographs for Quinn and Hammerman? I can't find it on the site.

Reaction score
Cperry06 said:
I voted for silver, I have an 8x10 signed in blue (same pic) and some of the autos are tough to see.

Can anyone see the link for the add on $20.00 autographs for Quinn and Hammerman? I can't find it on the site.
Go to the autograph store page and then select Connoisseur Series.

Reaction score
Does anyone know any specifics on what Howie Hammerman did for Star Wars other than "Jabba's Belch"? He is credited in the sound department for both ESB and ROTJ. I'm wondering if he did any other important sound FX for characters. He also is credited with E.T.s burp, must be they guy has major burping talent.

Reaction score
sucho23 said:
Also just announced on Wattos...You get an actual piece of Jabba with the CS series
kmsunrise said:
.. They hinted at something extra ..
Joshua_B said:
Owning a piece of the original Jabba will be awesome
Darth_Lynch said:
.. trying to plan how to display it. I'm thinking it's probably too thick for a frame
icruise said:
I think it would look pretty cool framed next to the CS piece
madchimp said:
Wattos states that the Jabba skin piece will come with its own signed COA
zhamlau said:
i do wonder what the backstory and provenance of the prop is

I was fortunate enough to receive this rubber piece (of the Sarlacc) & 2 other pieces of outer-lining (from the Barge) at a David West Reynolds panel at CIV

Along w/ some Sand from Buttercup Valley that I have and the Wattos Jabba CS piece I'm in the midst of working out if/how this all can be displayed together

Reaction score
captsithpark said:
sucho23 said:
Also just announced on Wattos...You get an actual piece of Jabba with the CS series
kmsunrise said:
.. They hinted at something extra ..
Joshua_B said:
Owning a piece of the original Jabba will be awesome
Darth_Lynch said:
.. trying to plan how to display it. I'm thinking it's probably too thick for a frame
icruise said:
I think it would look pretty cool framed next to the CS piece
madchimp said:
Wattos states that the Jabba skin piece will come with its own signed COA
zhamlau said:
i do wonder what the backstory and provenance of the prop is

I was fortunate enough to receive this rubber piece (of the Sarlacc) & 2 other pieces of outer-lining (from the Barge) at a David West Reynolds panel at CIV

Along w/ some Sand from Buttercup Valley that I have and the Wattos Jabba CS piece I'm in the midst of working out if/how this all can be displayed together
Very cool Chris, that would be a very awesome display.

Reaction score
jedibill said:
new signer added!

Tom McLaughlin, who created (at the time) new processes to create fiberglass molds and ran the foam lab where Jabba was created, has signed on for his first-ever signing.
Does anyone know any other info on Tom McLaughlin? I'm deciding if I should add him to another or my Jabba pieces. I'm going to skip Barclay, he seems to do plenty of shows.

Reaction score
Guys,

Thinking about sending a personal item in, but if I do I'll miss the first round. How difficult will it be to obtain Mike Quinn and Howie Hammerman later on?