Wattographs New CS piece!!!! Jabba!!

Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
5,280
Reaction score
64
Location
Formerly icruise
Darth_Lynch said:
I am so stoked about that announcement. I'm trying to picture what we'll be getting, trying to plan how to display it. I'm thinking it's probably too thick for a frame. Should be really cool regardless, it's gonna be hard waiting until the middle of next year to see it!
I'm thinking it'll probably be a sort of "swatch" of his skin, maybe no more than an inch or so square, but I could be wrong. In any case, I think it would look pretty cool framed next to the CS piece.
 
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
686
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Island, NY
icruise said:
Darth_Lynch said:
I am so stoked about that announcement. I'm trying to picture what we'll be getting, trying to plan how to display it. I'm thinking it's probably too thick for a frame. Should be really cool regardless, it's gonna be hard waiting until the middle of next year to see it!
I'm thinking it'll probably be a sort of "swatch" of his skin, maybe no more than an inch or so square, but I could be wrong. In any case, I think it would look pretty cool framed next to the CS piece.
Yeah, that's what I am figuring too. It says "skin," but I am wondering how thick it will be. If the foam rubber is still there, it could be an inch or so thick. Plus I'm guessing the skin isn't paper thin. Luckily I have a connection who does framing for a living!
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
2,138
Reaction score
0
That's a nice bonus but I'd already committed to the Stormie piece and I'll maybe pick one up down the line (or take one over from someone).
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
0
That´s awesome! Guess I orderd one of the last 14x16 - now I´m happy I´m done so...
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
6,056
Reaction score
0
Location
Brockport, NY
This is going to be really cool. Can't wait for this one, and also being able to send in some other pieces to get signed by some of the tough signers will be cool.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2003
Messages
3,985
Reaction score
1
Location
Chicago
Just a random thought to fuel speculation...Wattos states that the Jabba skin piece will come with its own signed COA. Perhaps this will come signex by Stuart Freeborn? Prop Store pf London has a few pieces from his collection with COAs signed by him. Its a thought, although the COA could very well be signed by Gary and/or Scott.
 
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
4
Location
Ohio
i do wonder what the backstory and provenance of the prop is. maybe its from one of the personal collections of one of the signers.
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
0
Location
Montreal, Canada
sucho23 said:
Now its sold out. Also just announced on Wattos...You get an actual piece of Jabba with the CS series. Awesome!!!
That's awesome! I am now even more stoked that I got in on this one!
 
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
617
Reaction score
0
I JUST missed out on these and I hate myself for it.

If anyone is interested in getting rid of one of these awesome pieces once they are finished, I will gladly pay a good amount for it.
 
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
30
Location
U.K.
Abstractharmony said:
Interestingly, Keen didn't know anything about the Jabba skin tag...
He knew about it when I mentioned it?
Maybe it was after somebody else told him, maybe you Mark? He thought it was a cool idea. Though he did think Wattos was an Australian company?
 
Joined
Jun 4, 2003
Messages
1,666
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Abstractharmony said:
Interestingly, Keen didn't know anything about the Jabba skin tag...
He might not have known about Jabba skin pieces, because, I believe that the skin pieces are coming from John Coppinger not Bob Keen.
 
Joined
Jun 4, 2003
Messages
1,666
Reaction score
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Only1Kenobi said:
Abstractharmony said:
Interestingly, Keen didn't know anything about the Jabba skin tag...
He knew about it when I mentioned it?
Maybe it was after somebody else told him, maybe you Mark? He thought it was a cool idea. Though he did think Wattos was an Australian company?
Chris Walsh, who lives in Australia, is one of the main contact people at Wattos who is in charge of contacting the SW celebs for Wattos signings, the Jabba CS being one of them.. This maybe why Bob Keen thinks Wattos is from Australia.
 
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
1,999
Reaction score
30
Location
U.K.
jeditronzo said:
Only1Kenobi said:
Abstractharmony said:
Interestingly, Keen didn't know anything about the Jabba skin tag...
He knew about it when I mentioned it?
Maybe it was after somebody else told him, maybe you Mark? He thought it was a cool idea. Though he did think Wattos was an Australian company?
Chris Walsh, who lives in Australia, is one of the main contact people at Wattos who is in charge of contacting the SW celebs for Wattos signings, the Jabba CS being one of them.. This maybe why Bob Keen thinks Wattos is from Australia.
Yeah that's what we thought
 
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
1
Blue or Silver?

One's going to show up better than the other depending on where they sign. Silver would match the Salacious Crumb photo, wouldn't it?
 
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
My vote went with Silver. Just can't guarantee where all of them will sign and how big. If it had lighter areas around Jabba maybe but with that photo I think some of the signatures might blend in with blue.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
3,311
Reaction score
0
I voted for blue also, I love silver and gold but my Crumb CS is in silver and they kind of get lost against the tan.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
14,435
Reaction score
1
jedibill said:
I voted for blue also, I love silver and gold but my Crumb CS is in silver and they kind of get lost against the tan.
I'm leaning towards blue as well and for the same reason.

I really love my CS Crumb but I think it would have looked Much better signed in blue.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2003
Messages
3,985
Reaction score
1
Location
Chicago
I'm going to email in my vote as well. I'd prefer the blue. I like how silver looks, but silver sharpies are great for about the first 10 sigs or so, but then start to fade. If they were to go with Decos, I'd be all over the silver, though I doubt it because they are more costly, and take longer to dry.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Guys, I have the photo right here in front of me and Blue doesn't show on the stomach area....at least not well IMHO
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
14,435
Reaction score
1
madchimp said:
I'm going to email in my vote as well. I'd prefer the blue. I like how silver looks, but silver sharpies are great for about the first 10 sigs or so, but then start to fade. If they were to go with Decos, I'd be all over the silver, though I doubt it because they are more costly, and take longer to dry.
I feel the same way. If a good Deco is used it will be fine, although I would prefer blue.

Either way I'm still pyched about it.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
DarthPotts1975 said:
madchimp said:
I'm going to email in my vote as well. I'd prefer the blue. I like how silver looks, but silver sharpies are great for about the first 10 sigs or so, but then start to fade. If they were to go with Decos, I'd be all over the silver, though I doubt it because they are more costly, and take longer to dry.
I feel the same way. If a good Deco is used it will be fine, although I would prefer blue.

Either way I'm still pyched about it.
I am all for deco Blue....that would be killer. I tried that one on my photo and it turned out cool. Its the Sharpie blue that doesn't fair well.
 
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
How do we know if they would use Deco or sharpie? Good things have been said for the retractable sharpie blue.
 
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
5,280
Reaction score
64
Location
Formerly icruise
I voted for blue as well, but my only real concern is how it shows up on the photo. Looking at it again, it does have more dark areas than I had remembered.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
6,056
Reaction score
0
Location
Brockport, NY
I voted for silver, I have an 8x10 signed in blue (same pic) and some of the autos are tough to see.

Can anyone see the link for the add on $20.00 autographs for Quinn and Hammerman? I can't find it on the site.
 
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
701
Reaction score
0
Cperry06 said:
I voted for silver, I have an 8x10 signed in blue (same pic) and some of the autos are tough to see.

Can anyone see the link for the add on $20.00 autographs for Quinn and Hammerman? I can't find it on the site.
Go to the autograph store page and then select Connoisseur Series.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
6,056
Reaction score
0
Location
Brockport, NY
Does anyone know any specifics on what Howie Hammerman did for Star Wars other than "Jabba's Belch"? He is credited in the sound department for both ESB and ROTJ. I'm wondering if he did any other important sound FX for characters. He also is credited with E.T.s burp, must be they guy has major burping talent.
 
Joined
Jul 16, 2007
Messages
2,646
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto - Canada
sucho23 said:
Also just announced on Wattos...You get an actual piece of Jabba with the CS series
kmsunrise said:
.. They hinted at something extra ..
Joshua_B said:
Owning a piece of the original Jabba will be awesome
Darth_Lynch said:
.. trying to plan how to display it. I'm thinking it's probably too thick for a frame
icruise said:
I think it would look pretty cool framed next to the CS piece
madchimp said:
Wattos states that the Jabba skin piece will come with its own signed COA
zhamlau said:
i do wonder what the backstory and provenance of the prop is

I was fortunate enough to receive this rubber piece (of the Sarlacc) & 2 other pieces of outer-lining (from the Barge) at a David West Reynolds panel at CIV



Along w/ some Sand from Buttercup Valley that I have and the Wattos Jabba CS piece I'm in the midst of working out if/how this all can be displayed together
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
6,056
Reaction score
0
Location
Brockport, NY
captsithpark said:
sucho23 said:
Also just announced on Wattos...You get an actual piece of Jabba with the CS series
kmsunrise said:
.. They hinted at something extra ..
Joshua_B said:
Owning a piece of the original Jabba will be awesome
Darth_Lynch said:
.. trying to plan how to display it. I'm thinking it's probably too thick for a frame
icruise said:
I think it would look pretty cool framed next to the CS piece
madchimp said:
Wattos states that the Jabba skin piece will come with its own signed COA
zhamlau said:
i do wonder what the backstory and provenance of the prop is

I was fortunate enough to receive this rubber piece (of the Sarlacc) & 2 other pieces of outer-lining (from the Barge) at a David West Reynolds panel at CIV



Along w/ some Sand from Buttercup Valley that I have and the Wattos Jabba CS piece I'm in the midst of working out if/how this all can be displayed together
Very cool Chris, that would be a very awesome display.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
6,056
Reaction score
0
Location
Brockport, NY
jedibill said:
new signer added!

Tom McLaughlin, who created (at the time) new processes to create fiberglass molds and ran the foam lab where Jabba was created, has signed on for his first-ever signing.
Does anyone know any other info on Tom McLaughlin? I'm deciding if I should add him to another or my Jabba pieces. I'm going to skip Barclay, he seems to do plenty of shows.
 
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
1
Guys,

Thinking about sending a personal item in, but if I do I'll miss the first round. How difficult will it be to obtain Mike Quinn and Howie Hammerman later on?
 
Top