Wattographs New CS piece!!!! Jabba!!

Reaction score
dfmaverick said:
Joshua_B said:
I would love Liquid Copper Deco on that photo....just love that pen color
I have been tempted to buy that color every time I see it when buying Decos. I, too, think it looks great, but I mainly stick to gold. One of these times, I'll have to pick up the copper.

I like the copper as well!

Reaction score
Sort of OT but relevant. I was looking at the Mike Edmonds signing session and wondered. If I wanted to take advantage of the 19.99 would I have to send my items in February although he doesn't sign until May or do you think the cut off would be longer?

EDIT: Also is the first wave 79.99 plus 8.82???? shipping for just 79.99? When I sign up for checkout it wants to charge me additional shipping.

Reaction score
Joshua_B said:
Bob Keen made most of the mechanical parts that moved yoda, he also help construct the puppet itself.
For ROTJ and ESB or just ROTJ?

Reaction score
For ESB mainly....I personally haven't seen anything saying he did stuff on ROTJ for Yoda.

Reaction score
Sarasotarockstar said:
Awesome info on Keen Bret. Think I should have him sign this?
It would be AMAZING if Wattos could get Mr. Freeborn to sign. I think Tim Rose should be added too (though he will be easy to add at a later time, but Freeborn will be tough without Wattos doing it on these large pieces).

Reaction score
A Freeborn signing would be great!! I'd love him on a few things I dont want to risk TTM.

Reaction score
Awesome Mark! Now if I could just con of you English scummers to take my posters up to get Drewe Henley on them at his B&B....

Reaction score
lol...im still excited about this offer...hard to get geeked after doing this for over 15 years...cant wait for this one. now if i could just get my hands on one of thoes ewok pieces.

Reaction score
Sarasotarockstar said:
Awesome Mark! Now if I could just con of you English scummers to take my posters up to get Drewe Henley on them at his B&B....
I actually sent an e-mail to the B&B via the website but I got no response at all.

Perhaps I may try ringing...

Reaction score
Well I finally decided to get the canvas print. All of the others I've bought where 16x20 so I thought I'd try something differnt. I hope it turns out good.

Reaction score
I ordered my first Connoisseur Series piece. I went for the 16x20. I just couldn't pass it up. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Reaction score
Question - which films did each guy work on?

I think it's as follows but I'm not too sure on Howie. I did find mentions of him working on ESB and ROTJ - but not ANH though I've seen posters from ANH with his signature.

Mike Quinn - ROTJ
David Barclay - ESB, ROTJ
Howie Hammerman - ESB, ROTJ
John Coppinger - ROTJ
Mike Edmonds - ESB, ROTJ
Jez-Gibson Harris - ROTJ
Bob Keen - ESB, ROTJ
Richard Padbury - ROTJ
Toby Philpott - ROTJ

Reaction score
Wattos posted a new signer to the Jabba CS!! Tom McLaughlin was added as the Foam Designer. I hope they get some more guys added to this....gonna be a great one.

Reaction score
Not sure whether Watto's will be adding this guy but (for the completist on this piece) on Pg. 85 of Knoll's 'SW'365 days' book there is a pic of (during Post Prod. for an Insert shot) DAVE CARSON wearing Jabba's left hand to grab a lil' treat to eat ... Add him to the list

Reaction score
I bought the 16x20 last night, can't wait for this. I'll be sending in my other pics too to add these great signers on.

Reaction score
I bit on the Jabba as well. Tossed and turned about it or the Stormie Scummer signing but went with the 16x20. Wish I had more money to do both. Looking forward to seeing this progress and to see if this is the final lineup for the piece.

Reaction score
new signer added!

Tom McLaughlin, who created (at the time) new processes to create fiberglass molds and ran the foam lab where Jabba was created, has signed on for his first-ever signing.

Reaction score
sucho23 said:
EDIT: Also is the first wave 79.99 plus 8.82???? shipping for just 79.99? When I sign up for checkout it wants to charge me additional shipping.
Yeah, I thought the description indicated that the $79.99 price included shipping to you when the piece was complete, but I am getting charged shipping on top of that as well.

Also, what is the final price going to be? I just heard about this project and have never used Wattographs before, so I'm not sure how things work. Adding up the amounts mentioned on the site seems to give me a total of $244. But people mentioned that some signers had been added earlier -- does this mean that more might be added, increasing the price? (Not that I'm against adding more, but I do like to have an idea of how much something will cost before jumping in.)

Finally, what did the canvas piece look like?

Reaction score
Yes, if they add more signers the price will go up accordingly. But that isn't a bad thing, I hope they get to add a couple more to it. 12 signers on a Jabba photo would be awesome.

Reaction score
said it once...saying it again. Im more excited about this piece i think then any ive gotten in the last few years.

Reaction score
zhamlau said:
said it once...saying it again. Im more excited about this piece i think then any ive gotten in the last few years.
Me too, some really rare signers. I bought a 16x20 new Jabba piece (like the 11x14 I have been working on) to start a second one. If I can ever fill it like my 11x14 I will have a nice trade item.

Reaction score
Wattographs just added this to their site:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

JABBA THE HUTT CS ALMOST SOLD OUT

We only have a few of the 11x14 size and a few of the 16x20 size left before we are officially sold out of images for the Jabba CS. Once we sell out of photos we will not be adding any more to the store. If you want in on the Jabba CS I recommend you purchase one ASAP. There is a surprise to the Jabba CS piece we will be announcing after ordering ends on November 30. I guarantee you don't want to miss this surprise. So if you are thinking of ordering please do so right away or you may get shut out!

[/QUOTE]

I was a little surprised by this, because some things that they posted earlier gave me the impression that they would be taking orders through the end of the month. I figured they could just print as many pictures as they needed, but apparently not. Anyway, I got my order in. If their online inventory is correct, they have 11 more of the 16 x 20 pictures and 13 of the 11 x 14s.

I'm interested what the "surprise" will be.

Reaction score
icruise said:

We only have a few of the 11x14 size and a few of the 16x20 size left before we are officially sold out of images for the Jabba CS. Once we sell out of photos we will not be adding any more to the store. If you want in on the Jabba CS I recommend you purchase one ASAP. There is a surprise to the Jabba CS piece we will be announcing after ordering ends on November 30. I guarantee you don't want to miss this surprise. So if you are thinking of ordering please do so right away or you may get shut out!
I was a little surprised by this, because some things that they posted earlier gave me the impression that they would be taking orders through the end of the month. I figured they could just print as many pictures as they needed, but apparently not. Anyway, I got my order in. If their online inventory is correct, they have 11 more of the 16 x 20 pictures and 13 of the 11 x 14s.

[/QUOTE]

They're not allowed to print thier own photos......those have to be ordered through Official Pix.

Reaction score
It's come down to a choice between this one and the Stormtrooper piece and I'm going with Corey (barring a sudden influx of cash...).

It makes me sad as I was really lookign forward to this piece to display with my Sideshow Jabba stuff.

Maybe I'll just wait and see if there's any left nearer the deadline.

Reaction score
icruise said:

[/QUOTE]

Guessing Freeborn?