Wattographs New CS piece!!!! Jabba!!

Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
They have gotten some amazing signers for this Jabba series.

Mike Edmonds (Jabba's tail and the first signer to repeat during a Connoisseur Series)
Dave Barclay (Chief Jabba puppeteer)
Toby Philpott (Jabba's Head & Arm)
Howie Hammerman (Jabba's burps!)
John Coppinger (Jabba sculptor)
Jez-Gibson Harris
Bob Keen
Richard Padbury
Mike Quinn
Tom McLaughlin (Fiberglass & Foam)

Getting Bob Keen is amazing, can't wait for this to get started!

Should be a great boost to those that have already started a Jabba photo too.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
14,435
Reaction score
0
Joshua_B said:
Should be a great boost to those that have already started a Jabba photo too.
Oh, Heck Yeah!!

This is goona be AWSOME....cant wait to add a bunch of sigs to my 16x20
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Abstractharmony said:
I don't like their choice of photo.

But this is a stellar CS.
Only photo OP really has for this. You can ask Ben if he could look for some new photos in the archive for us. That would be cool.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
heh, not much difference between 1260 and 1001...just lighting I guess. but ya, there isn't much choice for this piece. I wish there were more but they can't do anything aobut it.
 
Joined
May 1, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
This looks like a cool piece. Most of my photos are either 8x10 or 11x14.
Is 11x14 big enough or is everyone pretty much going with a 16x20 on this one?
 
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
1,246
Reaction score
0
Definitely going to be in for this, but I'd rather send in my own photo.

Could someone tell me how to contact Wattographs? I've used their Contact Form before but didn't get a reply. Do they have a phone number?
 
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
4,352
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
just ordered. im not a huge send in or limited signing guy...but this is one of thoes products you would be nuts to pass on. i can honestly say im more excited about getting this piece then any other ive gotten this year. well done gary. Seriously, first the ewok piece, then the mcdiarmid from OP, then Harrison ford...its just really neat to see all the options available for such a wide base of star wars autograph collectors now versus even 5-10 years ago. cant wait to see this when its done.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Holla300 said:
I ordered an 16x20.

I just hope it doesn't take forever to finish like the others.
Well, they usually do 2 signers a month. Kinda hard to do any more than that really with shipping times. So I would expect it to be around 6 months before its done.

The other cool thing about it is you don't have to come up with the money for a cool piece like this. Just pay monthly for that duration and its not so hard on the pocket book. I think the Ewoks one came out to like $500 or so when it was done but I have seen 3 or 4 sell for about $1000 on secondary market. I am so sorry I didn't get in on that one.
 
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
0
I'm thinking about adding all of them to my 16X20 SW 1415 shot since these group of signers played multi parts with the palace crew! What a great opporunity!
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2003
Messages
3,985
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
Gotta go with the biggest size you can afford/have room for. I have the Ewoks piece, and am so glad I went with the 16x20 to allow space around the autos.
Maybe I'm crazy, but I opted to order one of the canvas banners. I don't know where I will put it, but I like the imagery on it.
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
0
Location
Montreal, Canada
Joshua_B said:
They have gotten some amazing signers for this Jabba series.

Mike Edmonds (Jabba's tail and the first signer to repeat during a Connoisseur Series)
Dave Barclay (Chief Jabba puppeteer)
Toby Philpott (Jabba's Head & Arm)
Howie Hammerman (Jabba's burps!)
John Coppinger (Jabba sculptor)
Jez-Gibson Harris
Bob Keen
Richard Padbury
Mike Quinn


Getting Bob Keen is amazing, can't wait for this to get started!

Should be a great boost to those that have already started a Jabba photo too.
At the risk of sounding like a dope... how is the billing working for this? It says it's for the 1st two signers then billing each month for the next 2 and so on. Does that work out to $80 each month? It's a great opportunity, I just want to be sure I know how it all works.

thanks in advance.
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
0
Brahpps said:
At the risk of sounding like a dope... how is the billing working for this? It says it's for the 1st two signers then billing each month for the next 2 and so on. Does that work out to $80 each month? It's a great opportunity, I just want to be sure I know how it all works.

thanks in advance.
In the past, the CS has worked like this:

1. First payment includes photo and first two signers.($79.99 for 16x20 of Jabba)
2. Second and subsequent rounds = Cost of next two signers plus share of shipping (Est. $40-$60/mo)

As a guess, you could probably figure $20-30 per person plus the cost of the photo...give or take. Cost per signer depends upon signer's rate. There is some shared shipping in there as well.

Hope that helps. It would not be the $79.99 each round.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2003
Messages
3,985
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
Brahpps said:
Joshua_B said:
They have gotten some amazing signers for this Jabba series.

Mike Edmonds (Jabba's tail and the first signer to repeat during a Connoisseur Series)
Dave Barclay (Chief Jabba puppeteer)
Toby Philpott (Jabba's Head & Arm)
Howie Hammerman (Jabba's burps!)
John Coppinger (Jabba sculptor)
Jez-Gibson Harris
Bob Keen
Richard Padbury
Mike Quinn


Getting Bob Keen is amazing, can't wait for this to get started!

Should be a great boost to those that have already started a Jabba photo too.
At the risk of sounding like a dope... how is the billing working for this? It says it's for the 1st two signers then billing each month for the next 2 and so on. Does that work out to $80 each month? It's a great opportunity, I just want to be sure I know how it all works.

thanks in advance.
Usually, the sigs fall in the $25-35 per graph range ($50-70 per month), depending on who the signers are. Don't forget, your $80 covers the photo as well as the two graphs upon initial purchase.
 
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
0
jedibill said:
what color do you guys think would look best??
im saying silver to offset any chance of a dark area affecting the signature but i look to the group for their input also
 
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
0
Joshua_B said:
I would love Liquid Copper Deco on that photo....just love that pen color
I have been tempted to buy that color every time I see it when buying Decos. I, too, think it looks great, but I mainly stick to gold. One of these times, I'll have to pick up the copper.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
6,056
Reaction score
0
Location
Brockport, NY
What did Richard Padbury do? I did not have him on my Jabba list. I also hope Howie Hammerman signs a full sig, I got him before and he only signed "Howie".
 
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
0
Cperry06 said:
What did Richard Padbury do? I did not have him on my Jabba list. I also hope Howie Hammerman signs a full sig, I got him before and he only signed "Howie".
I'm curious to know this and if all of these signers would be suitable for that 16X20 I had Corey get me signed of the palace crew. Anyone know for certain?
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Cperry06 said:
Wow, I can't beleive they got Bob Keen, I am so IN!!!
Bob Keen is just huge. I have like 25 Yoda photos I need him on. Not counting posters. He is a real tuffy for Yoda and Jabba collectors. Only other person I have seen come up with him was Maki on a few signed photos he got at CE.
 
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
0
Location
Montreal, Canada
madchimp said:
Brahpps said:
Joshua_B said:
They have gotten some amazing signers for this Jabba series.

Mike Edmonds (Jabba's tail and the first signer to repeat during a Connoisseur Series)
Dave Barclay (Chief Jabba puppeteer)
Toby Philpott (Jabba's Head & Arm)
Howie Hammerman (Jabba's burps!)
John Coppinger (Jabba sculptor)
Jez-Gibson Harris
Bob Keen
Richard Padbury
Mike Quinn


Getting Bob Keen is amazing, can't wait for this to get started!

Should be a great boost to those that have already started a Jabba photo too.
At the risk of sounding like a dope... how is the billing working for this? It says it's for the 1st two signers then billing each month for the next 2 and so on. Does that work out to $80 each month? It's a great opportunity, I just want to be sure I know how it all works.

thanks in advance.
Usually, the sigs fall in the $25-35 per graph range ($50-70 per month), depending on who the signers are. Don't forget, your $80 covers the photo as well as the two graphs upon initial purchase.
Thanks for clearing it up for me. Your help is much appreciated.
 
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
2,633
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston
Ah that's a much better deal...Although I can see some people being confused by their wording. Under the one price they list all signers and their wording can mislead people to think all signers will sign for that one price.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
14,435
Reaction score
0
After giving it some thought I'm leaning towards doing the CS piece in addition to my 16x20 of Jabba's Palace.

Probably sounds like I'm going a little overboard but I'm a Jabba freak!!....Haha!!
 
Joined
Dec 17, 2006
Messages
1,830
Reaction score
0
DarthPotts1975 said:
After giving it some thought I'm leaning towards doing the CS piece in addition to my 16x20 of Jabba's Palace.

Probably sounds like I'm going a little overboard but I'm a Jabba freak!!....Haha!!
I'm having the same thought.....
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
14,435
Reaction score
0
dxdave said:
DarthPotts1975 said:
After giving it some thought I'm leaning towards doing the CS piece in addition to my 16x20 of Jabba's Palace.

Probably sounds like I'm going a little overboard but I'm a Jabba freak!!....Haha!!
I'm having the same thought.....
I did the same thing by getting the CS Crumb piece as well as adding them to my Palace photo.

There's no such thing as too much Jabba stuff in your collection........Lol
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I have thought of sending in another photo or poster too. Most of these guys don't sign too often.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Scott just posted this on Wattos...really helps to explain things:


HOW JABBA CS WILL WORK
November 02 | Scott

How the Jabba CS will work:
Ordering Dates:

November 2009: 1st round of CS will take place. You can either purchase the 11x14, 16x20, or VERY LIMITED Canvas piece. The price includes the photo/canvas, the 1st two autographs: Mike Quinn and Howie Hammerman, and the shipping for Round 1 and final shipping to you once the piece is complete.

December 2009: We will be taking orders for customer’s personal items for Mike Quinn and Howie Hammerman. If you ordered the CS your price is $19.99 for each of your items. The price will be $34.99 if you did NOT order the CS.

January 2010: 2nd round of CS will take place. The price will be $50 for David Barclay and John Coppinger on the CS piece, you will be billed. We will be taking orders for customer’s personal items for David Barclay and John Coppinger as well. If you ordered the CS your price is $19.99 for John Coppinger and $24.99 for David Barclay. The price will be $34.99 for John Coppinger and $39.99 for David Barclay if you did NOT order the CS.

February 2010: 3rd round of CS will take place. The price will be $45 for Mike Edmonds and Jez-Gibson Harris on the CS piece, you will be billed. We will be taking orders for customer’s personal items for Mike Edmonds and Jez-Gibson Harris. If you ordered the CS your price is $19.99 for each autograph on your item(s). The price will be $34.99 for each autograph on your item(s) if you did NOT order the CS.

March 2009: 4th round of CS will take place. The price will be $45 for Bob Keen and Richard Padbury on the CS piece, you will be billed. We will be taking orders for customer’s personal items for Bob Keen and Richard Padbury. If you ordered the CS your price is $19.99 for each autograph on your item(s). The price will be $34.99 for each autograph on your item(s) if you did NOT order the CS.

April 2009: 5th round of CS will take place. The price will be $25 for Toby Philpott on the CS piece, you will be billed. We will be taking orders for customer’s personal items for Toby Philpott. If you ordered the CS your price is $19.99 for each autograph on your item(s). The price will be $34.99 for each autograph on your item(s) if you did NOT order the CS.

Signing Dates (TENTATIVE):

February/March 2010: Mike Quinn/David Barclay

April 2010: Howie Hammerman/John Coppinger

May 2010: Mike Edmonds/Jez-Gibson Harris

June 2010: Bob Keen/Richard Padbury

July 2010: Toby Philpott
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
6,056
Reaction score
0
Location
Brockport, NY
Again, does anyone know what Richard Padbury worked on in regards to Jabba? Also, what did Bob Keen do with Yoda?
 
Joined
Jul 22, 2007
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Cperry06 said:
Again, does anyone know what Richard Padbury worked on in regards to Jabba? Also, what did Bob Keen do with Yoda?
According to Barclay's site Padbury controlled Jabba's smoke, for what its worth. It looks like to get a full CS piece you would also have to add Mike Osborn and Tim Rose according to Barclay. Also Scott Schumann.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,410
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Bob Keen made most of the mechanical parts that moved yoda, he also help construct the puppet itself.
 
Top