Was there C-3PO (w-Removable Limbs) on TESB45Bk ?

Reaction score
Hey C-3PO focus collectors over here,

I have checked John Kellerman's Guide Book and seen the C-3PO (with Removable Limbs) FOTW thread but have yet to come across a specimen of this Vintage figure on the TESB 45 Back Card. I know this 2nd version of o' Golden Rod debuted on the TESB 45 Card Back together with R2-D2 (with Sensorscope) who existed on TESB 45 Card Back.

So coming back to my question, did Kenner OMIT the release of C-3PO (with Removable Limbs) on TESB 45 Back and straight away released him on TESB 47 Backs?

Thanks in advance guys for your answers!

P.S. Bill Cable, I will certainly like to hear your inputs on this one.

Reaction score
There are no known examples of an American ESB45 C-3PO w/ removable limbs, and there are A LOT of people looking for one. Right now, the concensus is that one was not produced.

The closest thing we know of is the example from Peru, which appears to be a standard US cardback with a sticker for the foreign distributor.

I ended up settling for an ESB45 3PO proof card. Thankfully, it's one of the easier proof cards to find.

Reaction score
CanadianCollector said:
Not that this will shed any light on U.S. releases, but there was a Canadian 45 Back C3PO with Removable Limbs released if that helps.

http://www.womprat.com/ccba/figures/esbBIG/c3poRLtransition.JPG

This one is a 45 back backer with transition stickers on the front and back.

-Michael
www.womprat.com
Firstly a Happy Birthday to you CanadianCollector!

Thanks for sharing the info on the Canadian TESB 45 Card Back. Interesting to see the RETURN OF THE JEDI label attached over the original TESB logo on this C-3PO (with Removable Limbs) card. Is the ROTJ figure in this Offer - Admiral Ackbar or Nien Nunb?

Would you mind posting a specimen picture of a Kenner Canada TESB 45 card back? I'm very curious to see how different it looks from the Kenner US TESB 45 Back cards.

Thanks.

Reaction score
BillCable said:
There are no known examples of an American ESB45 C-3PO w/ removable limbs, and there are A LOT of people looking for one. Right now, the concensus is that one was not produced.
Thanks for your timely response Bill. You're the MAN (oh yes there's Tracey Hamilton too) when it comes to O'Golden Rod !

Looks like I have to scratch C-3PO (with Removable Limbs) from my list should I ever want to start a TESB 45 Back Production carded figures focus...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

The closest thing we know of is the example from Peru, which appears to be a standard US cardback with a sticker for the foreign distributor.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the URL link to the SWCA. This Peruvian specimen looked like a U.S. Kenner TESB 45 Back C-3PO (with Removable Limbs) Proof Card with the small Basa Sticker on the top left corner.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

I ended up settling for an ESB45 3PO proof card. Thankfully, it's one of the easier proof cards to find.

[/QUOTE]

Hope you don't mind providing a ballpark view of what the U.S. Kenner TESB 45 Back C-3PO (with Removable Limbs) Proof Card will cost?

Thanks again,
-Peter

Reaction score
Somewhere between $100 & $150 for the proof card... unless you were lucky enough to get one at the C2 sale.

Reaction score
C-3P0 can be found on the UK equivalent card, a 45A, but it's a super tough one to track down - There's only one sealed example I'm aware of, though probably a few more held by more private collectors.

Reaction score
Re: Was there C-3PO (w-Removable Limbs) on TESB45B

BillCable said:
Somewhere between $100 & $150 for the proof card... unless you were lucky enough to get one at the C2 sale.
Hey, don't rub it in.

If only I could turn back time...

Tracey

Reaction score
I remember having the 3P0 w/removable limbs as a kid! The thing that sticks out the most was the darn thing kept falling apart on me

Reaction score

Vintage_GentleMan said:
Would you mind posting a specimen picture of a Kenner Canada TESB 45 card back? I'm very curious to see how different it looks from the Kenner US TESB 45 Back cards.
Here it is. Enjoy:

Reaction score

The Canadian ESB 45 is a real toughie to find. The Canadian ROTJ 77 is a little easier to track down.

Reaction score
Full_on_Robbot_Chubby said:
C-3P0 can be found on the UK equivalent card, a 45A, but it's a super tough one to track down - There's only one sealed example I'm aware of, though probably a few more held by more private collectors.
Thanks for your inputs on the PALITOY TESB45A carded C-3PO (with Removable Limbs) cake.
Any idea what will be the ballpark collector's market value for this " super tough one to track down " carded specimen?

Reaction score

Scott_Bradley said:
Here it is. Enjoy:

Thanks for the pic, Scott. That is a very NICE Mint on Kenner Canada TESB 45A Card Back specimen indeed.
I'll set this piece in my "targetting computer" when I start my Vintage TESB 45 Back focus later.

Also would help a lot if you can post a Large Picture of the Kenner Canada TESB 45A Card Back picture as seen in your Vintage Canadian Star Wars Gallery webpage

Many thanks again.

-Peter

Reaction score

Well, the pics are already up, but I wanted to chime in that last night I checked mine, and it is also a Kenner Canada 45-back.

I got it from a dealer at the Toronto Toy Show maybe about 4-5 years ago, and if I recall correctly, I paid about $60 Canadian for it. It's in good shape, except for a minor sticker tear near the top, but the backpack sticks out slightly from under the bubble.

I'll try to get a pic up tonight after work, but I'll need someone to host it for me - I don't have a webshots account. If someone would like to help, please PM me and I'll email the pic.

Ian

Reaction score

Thanks Peter,

Pics have been sent. Enjoy them guys.

Ian

Reaction score

Guys,

I'm back with the 2 image hosted pics of Ian_C's nice contribution to this thread
:

1) Card Front : KENNER Canada TESB Carded C-3PO (with Removable Limbs)

2) Card Back : KENNER Canada TESB 45 Back with English and French text

ENJOY...

Reaction score

Those Canadian 45s are pretty sweet! That's not a Canadian card series I've seen much.

It's pretty amazing that one of the few Peruvian BASA cards known is for a figure that has not been found in the US. The BASA figures were just Kenner stock that was officially licensed for import, though, so as odd as it seems this says to me Kenner 45s were produced, albeit in extremely low quantities.

Todd

Reaction score

Thanks Peter!

Sorry about the flash on part of the card guys.

The one thing that concerns me is the way the plastic bag sticks out from the bubble. Everything else looks legit about the piece - has Kenner been known to screw up their bubble gluing like this before?

Ian

Reaction score

Ian_C said:
The one thing that concerns me is the way the plastic bag sticks out from the bubble. Everything else looks legit about the piece - has Kenner been known to screw up their bubble gluing like this before?
You bet. Another notorious "escaping item" from the bubbles is the plastic sheet behind the figure that came with selected figures. I have seen a handful of figures with these little sheets jutting out from underneath the bubble.

Reaction score
Bad picture i'm afraid. when I get my camera back i'll take a better one. Anyway, here's the Palitoy 45 a Cake mentioned.