was jango really a mandalorean

Reaction score
was jango really a mandalorean? in the clone wars cartoon, there was a scene where obi wan asked the leader of the mandalorians about jango fett and they said he was just a bounty hunter, and they didnt know where he got the mandalorean armor.

was jango really a mandalorean and the leader was lying or is jango not really a mandalorean?

Reaction score
In "canon" he isn't Mandalorian.

I look at it as that guy who said he wasn't was a snob and didn't want to accept him as a Mandolorian.

Reaction score
was jango really a mandalorean? in the clone wars cartoon, there was a scene where obi wan asked the leader of the mandalorians about jango fett and they said he was just a bounty hunter, and they didnt know where he got the mandalorean armor.

was jango really a mandalorean and the leader was lying or is jango not really a mandalorean?
He was the son of a farmer who was captured by Mandolore and trained to think, kill, and fight like a Mandolorian.

Last edited:
Reaction score
He claimed to be born on Concorde Dawn, which was annexed by Mandalore and he spoke Mando’a to Boba in Attack of the Clones. I think he is as much Mandalorian as someone from New Zealand is Tasmanian. Outsiders can’t tell the difference and there isn’t a lot (unless you get into native culture), but they are different countries/states. I think all the politics around Mandalore got a little out of hand in the story telling personally. I prefer the Karen Traviss EU.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I think it depents on what the person want to know in the question: home planet or culture. If is home planet, neither Jango nor Boba where mandalorian persé, Jango is from a "part" of the Mandalore system (Concorde Dawn) (is like USA relation with Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico, many people does not consider them part of the USA, but they are) and Boba was develope on Kamino, but , IMO, as they know (Jango better), the ways and looks of mandos, they are both. Any way, for any outsider they looks like and are mandos.

Last edited:
Reaction score
every character was created with a 'home planet' in their bio.
Princess Leia: Alderaan. Han Solo: Corellia. Luke Skywalker: Tatooine.(etc).

--> the word "mandalorian" was only CREATED to describe "Boba Fett" :p LOL -- it was part of his character-genesis.
everything else is an EU 'retcon' after-the-fact. :p LOL

cheers.

Reaction score
As far as I'm aware, Mandalorians aren't a set species, subrace or nationality, but a culture, a lifestyle. For example, the KotOR comics feature a wide variety of different species all banded together as Mandalorians.

Jango might not have been born in this lifestyle, but he more than lived it by the time he got cloned. The Clone Troopers learned Mando'a and had taken over several traditions.

Also consider Durge, who joined the Confederacy because it allowed him to fight countless Mandalorian clones, the very culture he wanted to destroy to avenge his dead mentor.

Jango, and by extension Boba, can definitely be considered Mandalorian.

Reaction score
I have a question about Durge I will pose in another thread, in regards to the Mythosaur skull on his armor