Wampa

Reaction score
This makes me excited. The Wampa/Luke set has shot up in price ridiculously.

Reaction score
As someone more or less said somewhere else: A repack convention exclusive ...
If rumor is true, I am glad I will have a chance of getting it - and I am sure I will happily buy it,
but calling a repack a convention exclusive is stretching it. No?

Is it to justify the size of it and price mark? It's an exclusive as soon as it beyond standard box size?
It better have face print and butterfly joints then :p

Reaction score
If it a repack in 40th box, IMO its just the cheaper way of Hasbro as I still think the old one is no longer on "sculpt-standart"
The old one just looks lile a resized version of the old 3,75 Saga Ultra.
If any, I guess they include Luke too, just to follow with a carded/nuboxed one later with unwounded or masked head.

Hope for new Tauntauns too eventualy

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've got the first release so probably won't get it. BUT....If they pack him in a Vintage inspired box, I might get it just for the packaging.

Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I understand that newer collectors would want this, and I myself would be interested in an updated face paint on the Luke face included in the original Wampa set, this still feels like Hasbro 'cheaping out' using old sculpts and repacking stuff endlessly.

Apologies for any cynicism. :)

Reaction score
I dont have the old one, so I'd be willing to buy this depending on what they charge for him. If its a repack, cool. If not, cool.

Reaction score
I know I'm late with this question but how does this compare with the 4" scale?

Reaction score

Pictures out - looks good. I like the box artwork.
Looks MUCH better than the original with that horrible blood-mouth paint. I might actually pick this up. I got the 1st release just for Luke and then he turned out to be a bad figure too so I sold both.

Reaction score
Any idea when this will be up for preorder?
According to the article it says "Available September from Hasbro Pulse." I don't know if that means preorder or that's when it's released. $29.99 according to Yakface.

Reaction score
I have the original set, unopened, but would definitely be interested in picking this one up too.

Reaction score
I'm really excited for this. I almost bought the original set on Amazon before Christmas for $39.99. Now it's shot WAY up in price. So this will be cool and it'll be nice not to have the bloody mouth.

Reaction score
This looks like it's based off the original toy rather than the movie due to the black hands, hopefully they will release a Tauntaun as well.

Reaction score
Yes please. Though I don't care for the packaging - I like the way it looks, but my figures are set free.
It's curious they went retro with this one (the only one I believe?), and not use the new packaging design.

Reaction score
I don't have Wampa or Luke Hoth. So I will order this. The box is fun since I am one of those old 40 plus guys that this appeals to :)

Reaction score
It actually says on the front "Action Figure and TaunTaun not included - sold seperately" ... :)
I have been waiting a long time for a Hoth Luke and his tauntaun (with broken horn). Fingers crossed. Chuck them in some vintage style packaging, with an alternate head with scarf over the face for Luke, and it'd be a dream come true.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been waiting a long time for a Hoth Luke and his tauntaun (with broken horn). Fingers crossed. Chuck them in some vintage style packaging, with an alternate head with scarf over the face for Luke, and it'd be a dream come true.
I would love another vintage wave with hoth Luke and blue coat Han, Dengar ,Bossk, IG88

Reaction score
This looks nice. I hope Tauntauns, Hoth Luke and Hoth Han follow.
Seems like at least individual repacks of Hoth Han and Hoth Luke would nice be upgrades to the ESB 40th anniversary card back versions.

Now, THAT is a reuse that I couldn't hold against Hasbro.
Just get that nice face repaints and everyone is happy, right?

Reaction score
I would love another vintage wave with hoth Luke and blue coat Han, Dengar ,Bossk, IG88
Yep,
Would love the rest of those bounty hunters
on vintage cards. For that matter, would love to see a wave of Mandalorian figures on vintage style cards.