Walmart

Reaction score
Saw my first TLJ item today at Walmart. The force link starter set was on the shelf in the Lego aisle. I scanned it at the check the price kiosk and it said, please see associate. I put it back on the shelf and walked away.

Reaction score
Saw my first TLJ item today at Walmart. The force link starter set was on the shelf in the Lego aisle. I scanned it at the check the price kiosk and it said, please see associate. I put it back on the shelf and walked away.
I'm glad to see there's still some sensible people about. I found the "Teal" wave and did what you did and am perfectly content. These things are just not worth the trouble of cheating the system for 5 days of bragging rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'm glad to see there's still some sensible people about. I found the "Teal" wave and did what you did and am perfectly content. These things are just not worth the trouble of cheating the system for 5 days of bragging rights.

That's awesome to hear! I thought I'd have to buy another pack to cut the staff in two to make a split weapon. Thanks for letting us know!

^I forgot to ask-- you don't have any in-hand pics you'd be willing to share do you? :)

Yet you sure seem to enjoy indulging in the not so sensible early purchase reviews....:rolleyes:

Also it occurred to me, you and darkmanx use the word "bragging". This shows...you are perceiving some people getting these early as "bragging". Huh...that's fascinating. It also explains the bizarre resentment.

When I found the Han/Fett two pack, I posted thr details of how I got it, then I posted in hand pics, and answered questions (never again). But...its fascinating that "bragging" was used by darkmanx...yet I I never did that. If I did please quote it.

Absolutely fascinating....

Reaction score
Yet you sure seem to enjoy indulging in the not so sensible early purchase reviews....:rolleyes:

Also it occurred to me, you and darkmanx use the word "bragging". This shows...you are perceiving some people getting these early as "bragging". Huh...that's fascinating. It also explains the bizarre resentment.

When I found the Han/Fett two pack, I posted thr details of how I got it, then I posted in hand pics, and answered questions (never again). But...its fascinating that "bragging" was used by darkmanx...yet I I never did that. If I did please quote it.

Absolutely fascinating....
you are cuckoo. You bragged about stealing a CHILDREN'S toy by lying about the price. Seems like you went to a lot of effort to cheat the system to get what you refer to as "5POA" garbage.

Reaction score

If it scanned I might have purchased it, but since I tried to buy the RO 6" a few days early as they were put out before the purchase date, that Walmart denied the sale. Not worth the hassle debating with the clerk for the purchase.

Reaction score
you are cuckoo. You bragged about stealing a CHILDREN'S toy by lying about the price. Seems like you went to a lot of effort to cheat the system to get what you refer to as "5POA" garbage.
You have severe psychological problems. No one in their right mind would go on and on and attack another person over buying a toy.

Reaction score
"There is no civility, only politics."

Ok gang, I think it's about time to take this outside. This same issue popped up 1999, 2002, 2005, and so on.....and it will continue to do so until Tatooine gets polar ice caps.

Reaction score
You mean you don't enjoy our resident expert psycho analyzing us?

I'm glad we have someone to let us know we have severe psychological problems! For free! It's fantastic, you know how much these sessions would run normally?

Reaction score
You mean you don't enjoy our resident expert psycho analyzing us?

I'm glad we have someone to let us know we have severe psychological problems! For free! It's fantastic, you know how much these sessions would run normally?

lol "us"....love it.

Reaction score
These forums much more enjoyable during the product lulls when you go away.

Reaction score
It's a constant struggle to keep stuff like this off the shelves before the street date. Especially when you have overnight stocking crews who really just don't care about anything. Of course, they could just fire those people and hire employees that do care, but it's not really that simple. Especially when you live in a small, rural town and your potential employee pool is already pretty limited to begin with. Yesterday, I found that someone on the overnight crew had put out the TLJ Funko Pops and it took some time to find them all because obviously a customer saw them, tried to buy them, was denied at the register, then decided to stash them to come back for later. However, as a toy collector myself, I know all of the spots that people try to hide stuff and was able to find all but one of the vinyl figures within a few minutes. We eventually found the last one before my lunch break and one of the managers said that he was going to have a long conversation with the overnight crew about this, but I highly doubt it will make any difference.

Reaction score
One of my Walmarts set out a very large TLJ spread last week. I had to go there 4 times at different points during the week, stopping to peruse the stock each time. I assumed they weren't in the system ,but i caved and attempted to pick up the Luke and also the Han/Boba pack. Of course both were restricted. I mentioned that these were street dated items ,but was given the excuse that these must be recalled items. I gave up trying to explain and went on living my life. I returned there yesterday for a grocery run and they had removed all signs of TLJ product. I assume they were "recalled"......for Friday. Lol. Anyhow, my other Marts have not sat anything out early. I was surprised that the Force Link gimmick was not a part of the rollout at the location that did set out cases worth of product. Seems odd that they may not have one of the main selling points for the kiddos on launch day there.

Reaction score
My apologies, sometimes I go off on a tangent.
Lol, Masterfett, I assure you that it wasn't you I was referring to :). In retrospect, I really shouldn't have posted that at all. I must've been in an ill mood that day.

On the bright side-- 2 more days!

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the list of Walmart stores participating is so small. Neither of the stores within driving distance of me are on the list though they did midnight events for TFA and R1. Looks like I'll just be hitting Target in the morning for the few things I am picking up.

Reaction score
None of the stores in my state are participating. I'm jut curious if anyone "here", will remember to put the stuff out on the 1st. The two place i know of, have their dated SW stock in the back waiting. Though not much at either just the 5POA, Vehicles and the oddball stuff. No one got any 6" shipments here.

I know he excitement is starting to get to me, even though I know there won't be anything for me(SA 3.75") available on the 1st. I may buy Hux and 3PO just to tide me over, and those two look great.

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the list of Walmart stores participating is so small. Neither of the stores within driving distance of me are on the list though they did midnight events for TFA and R1. Looks like I'll just be hitting Target in the morning for the few things I am picking up.
I don't recall any of our area Walmart stores ever doing a midnight launch. Although they might have back in 2008, when the whole legacy line was released. I always tend to go to my local Toys R Us, but this year I think I'm going to try Target. I drive by a Walmart twice a day to and from work. So Friday morning I may roll in a few minutes late and will stop by to see if I can get anything I miss. Did the same thing for the TFA launch and the place was fully stocked with only a couple figures missing from one display.

Reaction score
Hey DJ121 : ) I got your text : ) I won't be able to celebrate SW midnight madness this year as I now work third shift at the hospital. Hopefully it wont be too crazy, we don't need any more business on the over night. I saw a tug of war over a figure at the 2008 TRU Clone Wars midnight release between two women who were trying to help their respective boyfriends out ,it was pretty funny, but it was heated ( their boyfriends were embarrassed ).

Reaction score
Hey DJ121 : ) I got your text : ) I won't be able to celebrate SW midnight madness this year as I now work third shift at the hospital. Hopefully it wont be too crazy, we don't need any more business on the over night. I saw a tug of war over a figure at the 2008 TRU Clone Wars midnight release between two women who were trying to help their respective boyfriends out ,it was pretty funny, but it was heated ( their boyfriends were embarrassed ).
Pretty funny. A collector friend and I found a Target that had it's grand opening five days or so before the Clone Wars midnight event. They had everything (Big Falcon, AT-TE, figures) and the two of us cleaned them out. Went to the Walmart events days later and saw physical confrontations over a lack of selection and a whole lotta Yarnas.

Reaction score
It seems Walmart's efforts are focused on the kids activities during the daytime hours. But during TFA, it was pretty much a 'help yourself' table.

Reaction score
After looking over my collection, I've realized I have way too many SW toys & not enough room for what I do have. So, I will be getting very little - if any - TLJ figures/vehicles. If I do get any, it won't be anytime soon.

I saw a tug of war over a figure at the 2008 TRU Clone Wars midnight release between two women who were trying to help their respective boyfriends out ,it was pretty funny, but it was heated (their boyfriends were embarrassed ).
The above example is exactly why I really dislike events like midnight madness. What losers. I've never attended one of these "events", and never will. I know it's a good way to promote the toyline, but I hate crowds, standing in line, and competing against other fans to get the latest toys. Events like this really bring out the worst in people, and make SW fans look like a bunch of nerds.

Reaction score
Was a quick in and out at my WM this morning, think I got all the 3.75 stuff besides vehicles which I don't do.

Reaction score
After looking over my collection, I've realized I have way too many SW toys & not enough room for what I do have. So, I will be getting very little - if any - TLJ figures/vehicles. If I do get any, it won't be anytime soon.

The above example is exactly why I really dislike events like midnight madness. What losers. I've never attended one of these "events", and never will. I know it's a good way to promote the toyline, but I hate crowds, standing in line, and competing against other fans to get the latest toys. Events like this really bring out the worst in people, and make SW fans look like a bunch of nerds.
If I had one, I would give you an "audience applauds" GIF.

Reaction score
Oh god, don't get me started. I haven't seen new stock at my local Walmart in a year. They never had any of the 3.75" Black Series figures.

Reaction score
From spring until about a week ago one of my wal-marts (the bigger one) had the same four rebels Leia figures on the pegs (a week ago they were in the clearance section). And today the pegs were completely empty. :-/

It kind of makes me wonder if they take "do not stock until 9/1" to mean they don't put it out until the 9/1-9/2 overnight shift.

Reaction score
Went to two walmarts today.

First had some remnants of TLJ toys. Picked clean.
I did find a Paige gunner which I was looking for.
They had a few BS Vaders and Rens, but that was about it.
All the 3 3/4" was picked clean.

The second was pathetic as hell. They had NO new toys except for the Hot Wheels ***** on a display in the middle of the cross aisles.
Sad really.

Reaction score
Went to two walmarts today.

First had some remnants of TLJ toys. Picked clean.
I did find a Paige gunner which I was looking for.
They had a few BS Vaders and Rens, but that was about it.
All the 3 3/4" was picked clean.

The second was pathetic as hell. They had NO new toys except for the Hot Wheels ***** on a display in the middle of the cross aisles.
Sad really.
What was the price on the BS Ren? I might be looking for a second one for parts if it's cheap enough.

Reaction score
I checked my local (usually terrible) Walmart today and to not surprise they had nothing. Not a single piece of TLJ merchandise. They had a POA Jyn, a 3.75 BS Leia and an app controlled R2-D2 still at full price. That's it.

Reaction score
....while I agree jyn erso is certainly a "poa"...I don't think that's what you meant.