Walmart

GNT

Reaction score
Please use thread to discuss all Walmart news relating to The Last Jedi toy line.

Reaction score
I'll be hitting up my Walmart in the morning on the way to work. so far I've had zero issues with going at 7am and getting all the figures at once. I remember getting the first 2 waves of TFA figures on Force Friday.

Reaction score
I'll hit Walmart with little expectation. They usually have most of the stuff, but if any further TBS 3 3/4" figures release with Force Friday, I'll never see them.

Reaction score
I'll be hitting up my Walmart in the morning on the way to work. so far I've had zero issues with going at 7am and getting all the figures at once. I remember getting the first 2 waves of TFA figures on Force Friday.
Must be nice, my Walmart (well, the one closest to my house) only had the Hot Wheels ships out on Force Friday for TFA.

Reaction score
Depending on what's coming out I'll be hitting up target as they were well stocked compared to WM for RO.

I'll be holding out for Luke. Everything else will be a maybe.

Reaction score
Yeah, I am very curious to see what the figures are going to look like. Really am wondering if Hasbro will have them on display C8.

Reaction score
Yeah, I am very curious to see what the figures are going to look like. Really am wondering if Hasbro will have them on display C8.
I don't think Hasbro will have them on display at C8 but hopefully the trailer will drop at C8. I'm guessing with the 40th Anniversary event at C8 (since Kathleen Kennedy is going to be on the stage) we'll see the trailer for TLJ. as far as figures go.... if Hasbro has any TLJ figures on display I think it will be Jedi Master Luke hopefully, and maybe a General Leia if they make her. can't imagine anything else on display. I was at C7 and there was no TFA figures on display.

Reaction score
I don't think Hasbro will have them on display at C8 but hopefully the trailer will drop at C8. I'm guessing with the 40th Anniversary event at C8 (since Kathleen Kennedy is going to be on the stage) we'll see the trailer for TLJ. as far as figures go.... if Hasbro has any TLJ figures on display I think it will be Jedi Master Luke hopefully, and maybe a General Leia if they make her. can't imagine anything else on display. I was at C7 and there was no TFA figures on display.
Well, with TFA you have to remember JJ Abrams has a big habit of being tight lipped on the stuff he worked on in the past(Star Trek for instance). Not sure how secretive Rian Johnson is going to be about TLJ.

Reaction score
if we get any black series 3.75 inch figures, i hope we get a snoke. now that we are going to actually see him and not just a hologram, i see no reason why we shouldnt get a figure of him and preferrably SA.

Reaction score
Walmarts around here didn't have merchandise out from either of the last 2 FF events until days after the actual event.

Tapped by a Pixel XL

Reaction score
most of the Walmarts by me were pretty good in regards to FF's the past 2 years. For TFA I hit up the one by me and scored everything in 1 trip plus multiples. for RO their FF display wasn't the best so I hit up TRU on my lunch break and scored everything. I have faith that Walmart will do right with TLJ FF displays

Reaction score
I ran into the Walmart in Savannah,GA on Montgomery Crossroads after work, they
had several new Lego sets, also new star wars TLJ figures, ships, two pack figures
and the figure/creature packs, and some of the large figures all on shelfs.
I grabbed a couple things checked price at scanner, did not ring up. I then asked
an employee working in toys and she checked with the manager,came back and tlod
me I could buy them and that they would ring up at the register, so I waited in line
and naturally they wouldn't ring up and then I was told by another employee that
I could not buy them, she took them and walked away. I told her that they need
to remove all the other stuff from the aisle, she smiled and walked away.
walmart is ridiculous!

Reaction score
Go to self check out. When it rings restricted the "help" light goes off. Since self check out often has problems (thus the help light built on to the register). The cashier will come over and override it or ring it up on their register. When I bought the Han/Fett two pack it wouldn't ring up at the self check out. It came up "restricted". I pushed the help button. The cashier came over took the two pack to her register, punched her ID number in and asked me "how much is this?" I didn't know so I said "$11.97"(the black series price, but I could have said anything). And that was it. Use the self check out as those registers are prone to problems. The employees naturally assume the toys being restricted are just a usual problem and not a street date problem.

Reaction score
Here's some toys my local WM has already put out. Register blocks kept me from purchasing anything.

Reaction score
Seeing those pics, it makes you wonder who's in charge of putting stuff out. Even worse, if that's all they've got, what does that bode for FF II - be first or second in line, or walk away with nothing!

Reaction score
Go to self check out. When it rings restricted the "help" light goes off. Since self check out often has problems (thus the help light built on to the register). The cashier will come over and override it or ring it up on their register. When I bought the Han/Fett two pack it wouldn't ring up at the self check out. It came up "restricted". I pushed the help button. The cashier came over took the two pack to her register, punched her ID number in and asked me "how much is this?" I didn't know so I said "$11.97"(the black series price, but I could have said anything). And that was it. Use the self check out as those registers are prone to problems. The employees naturally assume the toys being restricted are just a usual problem and not a street date problem.
Or you could have waited until next Friday instead of lying to employees about the price of the 2 pack just because you're a "have to have it now!!!!" person.

Reaction score
That's why i have no intention of even looking for something until after the 1st! Why bother? "WE" know it's not supposed to be out or sold until then, so it's like setting yourself up for disappointment when you find it but can't buy it.

However, If i actually walked into a Walmart and saw that much product and wanted any of it. I'd have been like "why is the counter full of stock that cannot be sold?"
Then told them that they had just lost several Hundred Dollar sale...

Not that it matters, someone else would have come along a few days later and bought it all. But the point is don't put it out if you can't sell it!

Reaction score
stores deserve plenty of blame for putting stuff out before they are supposed to. It's one thing to try and see if something will ring up but it's crossing the line to resort to chicanery to buy the stuff. May as well become a swapper or a scalper if you're going to display a complete lack of integrity.

Reaction score
Or you could have waited until next Friday instead of lying to employees about the price of the 2 pack just because you're a "have to have it now!!!!" person.
Lying about the price? Lol if I wanted to defraud Walmart I could have said $2.99. I really don't know the price.

Reaction score
I found the entire TLJ 3.75" wave @ a WM up here. C$9.97 and no problem at the self checkouts. Left Finn and Poe as they looked like 90% repacks...

Reaction score
Lying about the price? Lol if I wanted to defraud Walmart I could have said $2.99. I really don't know the price.
Just keep on lying. The prices have been all over all the Star Wars sites but "you didn't know". Congrats on only stealing 4 or 5 bucks instead of 12or 13. You're a man of strong integrity.

Reaction score
I found the entire TLJ 3.75" wave @ a WM up here. C$9.97 and no problem at the self checkouts. Left Finn and Poe as they looked like 90% repacks...
That's because you live in Canada who's stores don't give a flip about street dates. Our stores are petrified of them. It's stupid but it happens.

Reaction score
Just keep on lying. The prices have been all over all the Star Wars sites but "you didn't know". Congrats on only stealing 4 or 5 bucks instead of 12or 13. You're a man of strong integrity.
In your 2 dimensional mind, you've read the price so everyone has read the price(classic narcissistic personality disorder, there's no separation from the narcissist and the narcissists environment. If the narcissist thinks, feels or does something "everyone" has).

Why the heck would I steal $4 bucks? Lol.

Reaction score
In your 2 dimensional mind, you've read the price so everyone has read the price(classic narcissistic personality disorder, there's no separation from the narcissist and the narcissists environment. If the narcissist thinks, feels or does something "everyone" has).

Why the heck would I steal $4 bucks? Lol.
You tell me. You were the one bragging about it.

Reaction score
I'm realizing this is a nonsensical conversation. Now I'm bragging about stealing $4.00 :rolleyes:

You've got me. I got away with $4 bucks. Shame on me. :rolleyes:

Moving along...

Reaction score
Guys keep in mind this stuff is going to be all over the place. If anyone was able to beat the system more power to you me I will wait till sale day.

Reaction score
I think what he's saying is, just because you didn't know the price, doesn't mean you get to guess what the price is. The honest answer would have been "I don't know."

Reaction score
The lady asked me to guess what the price is because there's no sticker on it, nor does the price come up when scanned. If she didn't want me to guess...she'd have asked another employee for a price check. So I do "get to guess", because she is asking a customer who has no access to the price, what the price is. To be honest I was shocked that she asked me, I had expected her to know. So I said the only price I knew for certain. The price was REASONABLE under the circumstances. If "theft" was my intent, I could have told her it was on clearance (since that IS THE aisle it was in). The lady knew I didn't know and was saying "just give me a price" . It's a very bizarre situation to be in so I said the only labeled prices there.

Also, to date I don't even know that I was wrong, as the price doesn't appear in the thread where I posted the pics.

When it was said and done I paid $13.00 even for the figures. Does anyone know what these actually sell for in Walmart?

With regard to integrity, if we are going to play the moral high ground game, notice how it's ok to "indulge" in reviews, and pics and store reports here, for items that aren't due out until 9/1.

Thats ok though right my moral high grounders?

Reaction score
The lady asked me to guess what the price is because there's no sticker on it, nor does the price come up when scanned. If she didn't want me to guess...she'd have asked another employee for a price check. So I do "get to guess", because she is asking a customer who has no access to the price, what the price is. To be honest I was shocked that she asked me, I had expected her to know. So I said the only price I knew for certain. The price was REASONABLE under the circumstances. If "theft" was my intent, I could have told her it was on clearance (since that IS THE aisle it was in). The lady knew I didn't know and was saying "just give me a price" . It's a very bizarre situation to be in so I said the only labeled prices there.

Also, to date I don't even know that I was wrong, as the price doesn't appear in the thread where I posted the pics.

When it was said and done I paid $13.00 even for the figures. Does anyone know what these actually sell for in Walmart?

With regard to integrity, if we are going to play the moral high ground game, notice how it's ok to "indulge" in reviews, and pics and store reports here, for items that aren't due out until 9/1.

Thats ok though right my moral high grounders?
So in short, you are a grown man bragging on the internet about stealing children's toys

Reaction score
Not defending him or the action, but it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. I've read posts from other members who've done the same thing.

We are all Collectors, who should obviously know by now how much the figures we collect cost. Despite the price discrepancies between Target, TRU, Walmart etc.
So to give an incorrect price claiming ignorance seems far fetched to me. But whatever, who really cares. Walmart doesn't seem to.

Reaction score
Not defending him or the action, but it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. I've read posts from other members who've done the same thing.

We are all Collectors, who should obviously know by now how much the figures we collect cost. Despite the price discrepancies between Target, TRU, Walmart etc.
So to give an incorrect price claiming ignorance seems far fetched to me. But whatever, who really cares. Walmart doesn't seem to.

Who should obviously know the price by now? Where is the price? The figures we collect? That's the price I used.

Lol i paid $13 for it. Wtf..

Reaction score
I remember the days when Shutzi was the most grating member on the forums....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk