Walmart Thread

Reaction score
Went to 2 wallys today and both of them had squat :disgusted:
same here man.. the walmart shelfs are empty. The only one that had alot of product was TRU and a sale on the figures.. i was able to get the full wave with the sale price.. Buy 2 get 1 free.. :D

Reaction score
The Walmarts in my area(a good amout of them)have put out the Clone Wars,Movie Ledgends(not the ones with the 3-D glasses),TPM Vintage wave,the Dewback/Vulture Driod.I did pick up cody. That was the only CW figure I wanted for now.

Reaction score
Well, I'm just curious. No one seems to be having issues with wallyworld's/hasbros's $1 increase for these basic figs. I think they are not worth $9! I had a hard enough time paying $8 and was lucky to find them most of the time for $6.88-$6.99 or less at walmart and target. I will NOT pay $9. I think they are not worth that. I mean they are the same price as the vintage. R they going to go back to $10!!! I hope not unless they include the nice plastic blister case. That was they only reason I paid $10 back then! And forget about ToysRus, I have never understood how/why they charge $1 or more for these figs when their competitors are selling them for less???!!! WTF!!!!

Thank god for vintage stock stores as I have been grabbing previous lines and catching up and only paid at most $6. Currently I am loving the 2002 SAGA line and TPM.

Just my 2 cents.

Bryan

Reaction score
Well, I'm just curious. No one seems to be having issues with wallyworld's/hasbros's $1 increase for these basic figs. I think they are not worth $9! I had a hard enough time paying $8 and was lucky to find them most of the time for $6.88-$6.99 or less at walmart and target. I will NOT pay $9. I think they are not worth that. I mean they are the same price as the vintage. R they going to go back to $10!!! I hope not unless they include the nice plastic blister case. That was they only reason I paid $10 back then! And forget about ToysRus, I have never understood how/why they charge $1 or more for these figs when their competitors are selling them for less???!!! WTF!!!!

Thank god for vintage stock stores as I have been grabbing previous lines and catching up and only paid at most $6. Currently I am loving the 2002 SAGA line and TPM.

Just my 2 cents.

Bryan
Most of us are WAY too far gone down the path of Star Wars addiction to worry about that!

Reaction score
Most of us are WAY too far gone down the path of Star Wars addiction to worry about that!
Believe me, I totally understand that statement. I have been collecting since 2002 and began with the unleashed line Darth Sidious (still my one of my fav). I am not a completest (thank god and so does my wallet, lol). I am just saying I hope that they do not continue to increase. I LOVE these figs and maybe someday soon I will come around if I want them bad enough. But when I saw those new prices I wast like THAT'S IT!

Also to AaylaSecurasMan,

[blank stare] I Will pay $9 [runs out to buy EVERYTHING!]

Bryan

Last edited:
Reaction score
forget about ToysRus, I have never understood how/why they charge $1 or more for these figs when their competitors are selling them for less???!!! WTF!!!!
well the situation here is that the TRU that is about 40 mins from me 1-way has about triple what the walmarts around here have. I made it out there last wkend and was able to get Savage opress and Ahsoka tano with the BOGO coupon....that would have been pretty tough to get at a walmart with their limited stock of like 1 case at a time trickling in. Walmart's $1 less is nothing if they don't have the decent inventory available to go with it.

Reaction score
Well, you all have valid points. TRU is great for quantity and with the recent coupon ya I would take advantage of that. I am sure that I will continue to pay the $9 price tag but will just be a bit choosier. I guess looking on the bright side, if WM and target run their usual sales I will wait n see if they are reduced to $8 and grab them then. On a side note, I really do not care for the new card backs. I do not open my figs and maybe that is part of the reason why I do not like the new $9 price point?? :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I LOVE these figs and maybe someday soon I will come around if I want them bad enough. But when I saw those new prices I wast like THAT'S IT!
We all have our limits. You say that you love these figures, but not enough to pay a buck more to get them. I call that not loving them enough. But it's all relative to the individual. I'd buy the figures that I wanted even if they hit $15. But that's me - I'm obsessed. To each his/her own. You don't want them for $9, then put that cash into a Money Market instead.

Me? I'm waiting impatiently for General Krell. And I'd easily pay $25 for him. ;)

Reaction score
I know this isn't top priority, being as everyone in the States are probably more interested in when the DTF wave will start hitting, but I thought I'd report it, anyway.

Do we even have a "role play" forum here...?

Found in NJ.

Reaction score
Nothing today at two Walmarts... And by nothing, I mean "everything except Discover the Force."

One of them did have that Qui-Gon lightsaber. If there isn't a Force FX model announced at Toy Fair, I may have to buy the Ultimate FX version.

Reaction score
Well, I get to eat a big old piece of humble pie and admit that last night I looked at the new figs again and just could no longer deny myself. I bought the re-issue CW Chewie, Phase II clone, new Cmmdr Cody, MH QuiGon and the vintage TPM little Annie (that was after buying 3 POTJ and 3 SAGA figs, I am hopeless!). I took one look at the fantastic detailing and just couldn't resist. Please forgive me for my previous rant about the prices.

Regjr, you are exactly right. I am addicted and would pay the price whatever it is if I can.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I get to eat a big old piece of humble pie and admit that last night I looked at the new figs again and just could no longer deny myself. I bought the re-issue CW Chewie, Phase II clone, new Cmmdr Cody, MH QuiGon and the vintage TPM little Annie (that was after buying 3 POTJ and 3 SAGA figs, I am hopeless!). I took one look at the fantastic detailing and just couldn't resist. Please forgive me for my previous rant about the prices.

Regjr, you are exactly right. I am addicted and would pay the price whatever it is if I can.

I hear you, I am more and more tempted to buy the new cody figure...and I already have a P1/P2 cody figure...but the rocket system would make him look so cool next to rex...and then when they make the same fig with a p2 rex ill have to buy that b/c I can't have a p1 rex and a p2 cody side by side.....ahhhhhh!!! :p

Reaction score
Has anybody been fortunate to order a Royal Starship Droids battle pack through Walmart's website recently???

I think it's been almost a week that these babies are out of stock online... (sigh!) :/

Reaction score
Posted this in the general thread, but thought I would post it here in the Walmart thread as well.

Found the entire wave of Discover the Force at my local Walmart here in Texas. Price was $8.96 each

Went to 3 stores and only 1 of them had them today, and only a case made it to the pegs.

Reaction score
Awesome! Finally!

...and only a case made it to the pegs.
And that's the whole case right there, right? So, if this isn't an isolated incident of under-stocking (which we all know it isn't), then a single collector could come in, wipe out the pegs, and the next guy wouldn't be the wiser that they had even showed up yet. I foresee this happening often in the near future. I just hope the guy that finds them before me has the decency to leave behind a Qui Gon or something, so I know to back off from that store until the next delivery. :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are the 3D glasses attached with a perforation or do you have to cut them off? Mine are going in Star Cases, so the glasses will have to come off to fit.

Reaction score
Awesome! Finally!

And that's the whole case right there, right? So, if this isn't an isolated incident of under-stocking (which we all know it isn't), then a single collector could come in, wipe out the pegs, and the next guy wouldn't be the wiser that they had even showed up yet. I foresee this happening often in the near future. I just hope the guy that finds them before me has the decency to leave behind a Qui Gon or something, so I know to back off from that store until the next delivery. :p
I collect 1 of each figure, repack or not. So I ended up buying the whole case since there are 12 new cards. I am sure these will be everywhere soon.

Reaction score
Really really really wish this wave wasn't wally exclusive, I would have bought the whole case of this wave if it had been available on EE, HTS ect.

Disappointing that i'll have to scrounge for these.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Posted this in the general thread, but thought I would post it here in the Walmart thread as well.

Found the entire wave of Discover the Force at my local Walmart here in Texas. Price was $8.96 each

Went to 3 stores and only 1 of them had them today, and only a case made it to the pegs.

Damn, I was going to lighten up on the hunt this week since it has been so barren but this is changes everything, especially since they are stocking them light to start.

Reaction score
Really really really wish this wave wasn't wally exclusive, I would have bought the whole case of this wave if it had been available on EE, HTS ect.

Disappointing that i'll have to scrounge for these.
same here man. I wish this was available through EE or HTS...Hopefully they will be plenty of figures at walmart. I have to drive 45 mins to get to a walmart.

Reaction score
Picked up the Wal-Mart exclusive battle packs this morning
-Mos Espa Arena
-Royal Starship Droids

Reaction score
went to 2 different stores today, shelf space set aside for exclusives and
pegs have price stickers but no product, guess it's just a matter of waiting now

Reaction score
Royal Starship Droids battle pack NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE at Walmart.com (shipping home for free)!!!!

I've just bought FOUR packs!!! A friend of mine in NY will receive them home and then send them to me to Spain... yipeeeee!! ;)

Reaction score
Nothing new. Seems that wallys here got the TPM wave really quick and now nothing. Eh, such is the way of the wallys.

Reaction score
I found the exclusive figures this morning here in LA. There is a blue cube that has six slots on the side for the figures. Each slot can hold 12 figures...so it looks like the cube holds 6 cases total. The sides of the cube have 2 shelves for the vehicles. I saw the Dewback and a Vulture Droid (I think). I like the 3D glasses!

Reaction score
I found the exclusive figures this morning here in LA. There is a blue cube that has six slots on the side for the figures. Each slot can hold 12 figures...so it looks like the cube holds 6 cases total. The sides of the cube have 2 shelves for the vehicles. I saw the Dewback and a Vulture Droid (I think). I like the 3D glasses!
The Crenshaw Walmart?

Reaction score
I went to three Michigan WMs today with no DTF luck. Didn't even see much TPM.

I DID happen to find an old Gelagrub Patrol BP in the clearance aisle for $7.00. It was dusty and beat up, looked like it had spent some time under a fixture or something. I never wanted it when it was new but that price was too good to pass up!

At least it wasn't a totally fruitless effort...