Walmart Figure Playset

Reaction score
I apologize if this post shouldn't be under this section, but I couldn't figure out where to put it. Back in late 1997, my local Walmart was selling action figure playsets, that were from no particular toy line - a generic one, if you will. It was a "command center" type of playset (with computers, consoles, seats), and was either grey or blue. It was sized for 3.75 inch figures. I never got one (they were about $20.00 ish) and can now find NO information on these what so ever. They used to shelf them up over the SW figures. Does anyone else remember this or know anything more about it?

Reaction score
That seems very familiar. Are you trying to track one down? I think Kmart, Wallyworld, and Target all still maintain a line of generic no brand toys, but I don't recall seeing this playset anytime in the recent past. Maybe check ebay for one?

Reaction score
I wasn't sure WHERE to put it since it's not SW, but when I did see it, it was located near the SW figures.

I'd like to find one...I am thinking it might be good to customize into something SW. I've never seen one since that store had them. I had gone back to get one several weeks later, they were gone and the employees didn't know WHAT I was talking about. I'm gonna keep looking around for it on the web, but if anyone can help with more info, please do.

Reaction score
I often see generice-type playsets at Big Lots. Lately they seem to dinosaur or barbarian themes, but I wouldn't be surprised if a space theme playset can be found there. Good Luck!

Reaction score
TRU has a generic military type playset available now....they are painted in a brown camo pattern, but look easily customizable.

Reaction score
Wal Mart has one now. It's a "Kid Connection" and it is a military command something or other. Look through all the Kid Connection stuff and I'm sure you're bound to find something.

Reaction score
CommCody said:
I apologize if this post shouldn't be under this section, but I couldn't figure out where to put it. Back in late 1997, my local Walmart was selling action figure playsets, that were from no particular toy line - a generic one, if you will. It was a "command center" type of playset (with computers, consoles, seats), and was either grey or blue. It was sized for 3.75 inch figures. I never got one (they were about $20.00 ish) and can now find NO information on these what so ever. They used to shelf them up over the SW figures. Does anyone else remember this or know anything more about it?
Ah yes, this sounds like the Star Attack Battle Station, which is a generic playset in 3 3/4" scale! This is one of those rare items that it is virtually impossible to get info about on the internet. The only thing I have seen on the internet about it was a couple of pictures of one that had been customized into a Bespin Playset.

This thing is 34 inches across and is really cool. The main structure is a grey-blue color. It has six orange .50 caliber machine gun mounts that attach to the main structure(two on the top level and 4 on the middle level), 2 missle launchers(blue/red) that attach to two castle like turrets(same color as main structure) that are on the outer edge of the main structure, and a seat with a missle launcher(red/blue) on the upper center part of the main structure. It has a large door in the front lower section and a smaller doorway opening on the middle level's front right side. There is a trap door and steps in the back. Does this sound like what you were talking about?

Anyway, I have one that I bought at a Wal-Mart(the only place I ever saw one, and it was just one that they had) in Texas on 8-5-98. The price before tax was $17.96. The # on the receipt was 004131697200. The # on the price sticker/barcode that they put on the box(they had to look up the price and make a price sticker/barcode to put on the box) is 4131697200. The name of the item on the receipt along with the number was STAR ATTACK 004131697200. ITEM #97200 is printed on the box of the Star Attack Battle Station. Also printed on the box(I kept the box and receipt) is the company info for the company that produces it:

A TIM MEE TOY BY PROCESSED PLASTIC CO.
1001 AUCUTT RD. MONTGOMERY, IL 60538

The phone number for Processed Plastic Co. is 1-800-323-6195. Ext. 223 to speak with Toni Smith. She is the one to call about info on this item. I haven't called her in several years, so I don't know if she is still the one to to talk to. She told me when I called back in 1998/1999 that it was a seasonal item and that it was no longer in production because of low sales. She said that Ultimate Star Battle was stil being produced. It was a large ship made out of the same type and color plastic as the Battle Station. I did pick one of these up too, but it was like a year or so later. I think it might have been intended as a replacement for the Battle Station. I bought mine at a Wal-Mart in Texas also, and the original price was $9.96 but I got mine on sale for $4.00 before tax. It was Item #97120. I did see the Ultimate Star Battle at Family Dollar stores in Texas also. The lady did tell me that they could put the Star Attack Battle Station back into production if they had a large enough order. I figured I didn't have enough money to place a large order like that, so I didn't find out how large of an order one would have to place to get this thing made again. I think she said that in order to get it produced again that it would take an order in the thousands, so it would take a lot of money to get it made again. I personally would love to get several more of them. I'm going to be using mine as a generic Rebel Base for my Star Wars figures.

Please post if you call the company and find out anything. Heck, maybe they have plans to start producing it again.

I hope this info helps.

John

Ice

Reaction score
Thats one heck of a reply rebeltrooper! Great info there, Im going to check it out.

Reaction score
I forgot something.

I just wanted to add that the lady I talked to said that the following stores had carried the item:

Cut Rate Toys in Chicago ph.# 1-312-763-5940
Duckwall
Alco
Eckerd's Drugs
Goldblatt's
JCPenney Catalog
Publics Supermarkets
Value City
Imperial Distributors ph.# 1-508-756-5156

I called the two places that had phone numbers listed and came up emtpy as far as info was concerned, but it might not hurt if someone were to give them a call now.

John

Reaction score
I think that's the one! It was big, and in a box I would guess about the same size as the Geonosis Arena. I'll look into it and post if I find anything out. Thanks.

Reaction score
CommCody and Ice, I'm glad to be able to help!

The box is actually quite a bit longer than the Geonosis Arena playset.

Here are a couple of dead links(unfortunately) of the customized Star Attack Battle Station/Bespin playset:

http://www.public.fotki.com/galleriemoreau/playsets

http://www.public.fotki.com/galleriemoreau/playsets/couldcity-1.html

I remember seeing the same pic in a collector magazine like Lee's Action Figure Toy Review back in 1998 or so. There might also be pics of this customized Bespin playset on one of the customizing websites somewhere. I haven't looked yet but I think I will to see if I can find some more pics or info.

I do have one pic of the Bespin customization that gives a pretty good look at the front of the playset without the guns/missle launchers attached that I'm going to be emailing CommCody and I hope that he will be able to get it posted in this thread.

John

Reaction score
RebelTrooper said:
CommCody said:
Ah yes, this sounds like the Star Attack Battle Station, which is a generic playset in 3 3/4" scale! This is one of those rare items that it is virtually impossible to get info about on the internet. The only thing I have seen on the internet about it was a couple of pictures of one that had been customized into a Bespin Playset.

This thing is 34 inches across and is really cool. The main structure is a grey-blue color. It has six orange .50 caliber machine gun mounts that attach to the main structure(two on the top level and 4 on the middle level), 2 missle launchers(blue/red) that attach to two castle like turrets(same color as main structure) that are on the outer edge of the main structure, and a seat with a missle launcher(red/blue) on the upper center part of the main structure. It has a large door in the front lower section and a smaller doorway opening on the middle level's front right side. There is a trap door and steps in the back. Does this sound like what you were talking about?

Anyway, I have one that I bought at a Wal-Mart(the only place I ever saw one, and it was just one that they had) in Texas on 8-5-98. The price before tax was $17.96. The # on the receipt was 004131697200. The # on the price sticker/barcode that they put on the box(they had to look up the price and make a price sticker/barcode to put on the box) is 4131697200. The name of the item on the receipt along with the number was STAR ATTACK 004131697200. ITEM #97200 is printed on the box of the Star Attack Battle Station. Also printed on the box(I kept the box and receipt) is the company info for the company that produces it:

A TIM MEE TOY BY PROCESSED PLASTIC CO.
1001 AUCUTT RD. MONTGOMERY, IL 60538

The phone number for Processed Plastic Co. is 1-800-323-6195. Ext. 223 to speak with Toni Smith. She is the one to call about info on this item. I haven't called her in several years, so I don't know if she is still the one to to talk to. She told me when I called back in 1998/1999 that it was a seasonal item and that it was no longer in production because of low sales. She said that Ultimate Star Battle was stil being produced. It was a large ship made out of the same type and color plastic as the Battle Station. I did pick one of these up too, but it was like a year or so later. I think it might have been intended as a replacement for the Battle Station. I bought mine at a Wal-Mart in Texas also, and the original price was $9.96 but I got mine on sale for $4.00 before tax. It was Item #97120. I did see the Ultimate Star Battle at Family Dollar stores in Texas also. The lady did tell me that they could put the Star Attack Battle Station back into production if they had a large enough order. I figured I didn't have enough money to place a large order like that, so I didn't find out how large of an order one would have to place to get this thing made again. I think she said that in order to get it produced again that it would take an order in the thousands, so it would take a lot of money to get it made again. I personally would love to get several more of them. I'm going to be using mine as a generic Rebel Base for my Star Wars figures.

Please post if you call the company and find out anything. Heck, maybe they have plans to start producing it again.

I hope this info helps.

John
Would you please take a pic of this set that you have, and post it? I'm curious what it looks like. Thanks!

Reaction score
I remember the set you are talking about. I didn't buy it but a friend of mine did. It had everything you have said and it also had some cannons/turrets and such also. I think it was a Kid's Connection battle station set, and we received them during the months before Christmas. we only received them that one year where I am and never received them again after they sold out.

Reaction score
If anyone wants to see the pic of the playset that has been Bespinized, send a private message to me here at my Rebelscum account with your email address and I'll email it to you. It would be great if someone could host the picture on a website so that it could be posted in this thread for all to see. I don't have a digital camera of my own, but I'm thinking about getting one soon. Anyone have a recommendation for a relatively inexpensive, but good quality digital camera?

TheStoerm, thanks for posting the website info! If you take a look at the Military Gunship here, http://www.processedplastic.com/ourtoys/catalog/41562.html take a look at the guns on the airplane. Those are the same guns(look like a .50 cal. machine gun) that attach to the Star Attack Battle Station. They are different color, though, as the ones on the Star Attack are bright orange, unfortunately.

Something else I found interesting on the website, specifically here, http://www.processedplastic.com/aboutus.html was the picture of the various plastic figurines. Does anyone know the name of the line that included the green turtle looking guy that has antennae on his head and the purple guy with the pistol? I have a bunch of these guys that I got back in probably 1977 or so and they were sold bagged just like army men used to be sold. I'd love to know the name of the line that they were a part of. The ones I have are probably 2 inch scale. They had some that were larger around 4 to 6 inches and I believe even another scale that was probably 8 inches. They also had role play toys as part of the line. They had a helmet, a rifle and a pistol. Anyway, any info would be very appreciated. I may email the company to see if they can help if no one here knows anything.

John

Edit: To anyone who wants to see the pic that I have, send a private message to my Rebelscum account with your email address and I will email the pic to you.

Reaction score
Greeting Rebels,

I'm hoping you don't mind if I resurrect this thread. I work with the current owners of Tim Mee to reissue many of the old Tim Mee items, and there's been some recent interest in the Tim Mee Star Attack Battle Station and Ultimate Star Battle Ship. Ive set up a Facebook page (Ultimate Star Battle) and email list to see if there's enough folks who want them. I remembered there was a thread here about the Battle Station back when I was researching the Galaxy Laser Team figures and thought you might like to know about the reissue effort.

Reaction score
Greeting Rebels,

I'm hoping you don't mind if I resurrect this thread. I work with the current owners of Tim Mee to reissue many of the old Tim Mee items, and there's been some recent interest in the Tim Mee Star Attack Battle Station and Ultimate Star Battle Ship. Ive set up a Facebook page (Ultimate Star Battle) and email list to see if there's enough folks who want them. I remembered there was a thread here about the Battle Station back when I was researching the Galaxy Laser Team figures and thought you might like to know about the reissue effort.

How much do you think they'd run for? I may be interested.

Reaction score
After seeing this thread I dug around Amazon and noticed they currently have a mountain diorama piece (more like a rocky cliff) that may work OK for 3 3/4" figures. Curious if anyone here has it and how it looks with action figures.

On a similar topic I did pick up the Game of Thrones "The Wall" playset at TRU for $16. Planning on throwing some Hoth figures on it for display.

Reaction score
After seeing this thread I dug around Amazon and noticed they currently have a mountain diorama piece (more like a rocky cliff) that may work OK for 3 3/4" figures. Curious if anyone here has it and how it looks with action figures.

On a similar topic I did pick up the Game of Thrones "The Wall" playset at TRU for $16. Planning on throwing some Hoth figures on it for display.
Link to the Amazon dio? Thanks