Walgreens

Reaction score
Visited a local store, one of the employees was very helpful and looked in each district in the state, no Spirit Obi-Wan figures in GA yet. Plenty of Wave 1 though.
I had a guy in the panhandle of Florida that did a search for me too.. Nothing as of yet

Reaction score
They're in Indianapolis & moving east! I did see random TLJ BS6" today like Kylo Ren & Rey...very randomized. Some 3.75" as well.

Reaction score
Looks like it did, I went to pick up medication and the signs were down. Although the weekly ad starting this week has Marvel 6" for $16.99 w/card.

Reaction score
Went to a Walgreens this morning and they had their last Spirit Obi-Wan still on the shelf. However, the box packaging must not have took too well to the adhesive, as the whole box was coming apart down the side. Manager was nice enough to look up two other locations that both had 8 each. I had no luck at either one, as they would not bring them out from the back, stating the street date is prominently on the box and they cannot break it. I'm sure I'll find within a week or so, but just frustrating the first place I went did have one, but not in good shape for this non-opener. Ugh.

Reaction score
Went to a Walgreens this morning and they had their last Spirit Obi-Wan still on the shelf. However, the box packaging must not have took too well to the adhesive, as the whole box was coming apart down the side. Manager was nice enough to look up two other locations that both had 8 each. I had no luck at either one, as they would not bring them out from the back, stating the street date is prominently on the box and they cannot break it. I'm sure I'll find within a week or so, but just frustrating the first place I went did have one, but not in good shape for this non-opener. Ugh.
Would it be possible for someone at a Walgreen's to look up a particular Wave 2 figure? or are those all under the same SKU?
I wasn't aware that they could even look up inventory.

Also, FYI, an employee looked through some recently arrived bins for any new Black Series, they're randomly assorted bins organized by aisle number.

Reaction score
Just got back from a local Walgreens & the guy said that this had a street date of 9/15!! Also said that the nearest location that had some to me was Peoria! So take that for what it's worth.

Reaction score
Sounds like someone didn't want to sell it.

Reaction score
Just got back from a local Walgreens & the guy said that this had a street date of 9/15!! Also said that the nearest location that had some to me was Peoria! So take that for what it's worth.

9/14 I was told and shown on one of those computers they have by the photo section...regardless we are past that date so just sell the things lol. None around here yet.

Reaction score
Called around to 4 stores...beyond rude. Two told me they couldn't look up WIC number; another told me to do it online. .?

Reaction score
The trick with Walgreens is that if the item is for sale online you can look it up for local stores, but if it isn't already in the online database, there's no way to do it.

Reaction score
I had two stores very helpful searching the computer to see if they had it or any stores in the area. Once stores with stock was found I went to check it out. None on the shelves, and when asked for help, the managers went to the back for less than 2 minutes and came back saying there were way to many cases of things back there to find it. Literally said 1000's of boxes.....I didn't know Walgreens had so much stock in toys. Must be the HOT place to go during the holidays (NOT).

Anyway, ended up driving a little farther then planned but ended up finding a store that had three on the shelf. Took two home for me and brother-in-law.

Reaction score
Well had a lady at walmgredns tell me the closet stores that had the Ghost of Obi-wan were in Texas.None in the entire area.Well looks like my area is SOL.She then told me it's not a "typical" item and probably will not carry it.I am thinking Walgreens is scared to death of these exclusives.There are a few that still have the EW Vader and C-3PO which doesn't help. Must be nice to find these.Well let me get into the carcand drive 400 miles to Texas.

Reaction score
Must be the HOT place to go during the holidays (NOT).
You'd be surprised. I had a close friend who worked at Walgreens during last holiday season. Since they are open 24 hrs, including after 6pm on Christmas Eve and all day Christmas - they make a killing selling their cheap toys. Those 2 for $10 toys sell like crazy close to Christmas because people can buy for two kids at once, as long as those kids are kinda young. She told me that how on Christmas Eve, people would just come in and buy whatever they had out: cheap RC cars, puzzles, plastic drum sets, off-brand alarm clocks that connect to iPhone. It's all pretty cheap and they have loads of it.

@ 2 AM shopping there myself, when my wife and I found out we'd have houseguests the next morning who had kids. Literally any other day of the year, I would have been in Walmart, but Walgreens was open, so there I went.

Reaction score
I recall even CVS was in the limelight in the day. They carried the Legacy Collection TIE Ecliptic Evader for $19.99 and figures like Medical Frigate Luke, Leia , Needa and ESB Palpatine. Even found the hard to find GI Retaliation Ultimate figures, Duke, Flint, Storm Shadow, and Roadblock. But that was it, since then it's pretty much been Walgreens dominating the drug store chain collectibles market around here.

Reaction score
A while back I was able to see the stock level for the Black Series 6" figures on their website. Now I type in my zip code and every Walgreen's says there's no stock available. Has this happened to anyone else? I was at one of the Walgreen's and they have a good 7-8 figures.

Reaction score
I hit two Walgreens today, The one closest is setting an endcap and I got to see their planogram, which includes the Ghost Obi figure. They also had wave 1 and the 5POA.

The second one I went to had no endcap setup, but they did have the Ghost Obi, sneakily stuck behind the older figures in the regular toy aisle. If it hadn't been in a blue box I wouldnt have noticed it.

Reaction score
I stopped at a Walgreens this afternoon while running errands. I did see the new Rey and Kylo Ren, but no Obi Wans. There was a gentleman there who appeared to be doing a toy reset, though, so they may be getting more new figures in.

Reaction score
I hit two Walgreens by me. No sign of Obi. There were 2 Heras and an Old Luke. I picked up 1 Hera to open.

Reaction score
The Walgreens down the block from me got a single Ghost Obi-wan last Thursday, I think. I couldn't remember if he was a new thing or an old one, and he's not something I wanted anyways, so I didn't pick him up. When I went back the next day, he was gone. It's odd, because the other Black Series figures they have tend to stick around for months (probably because they mostly get waves a good while out of date).

Reaction score
Only Obi-Wan's I found were a couple of 40th Anniversary at one store, but with the blisters starting to separate from the card, almost identical to the glue issue on the early Black Series figs.

Reaction score
Did they happen to say what the street date was?
October 1st. It's printed on the box to not open before that date. Yet, I was able to acquire the next day at another location that still had two on the shelf.

FYI, the manager at the first store mentioned how they're getting swamped with constant calls for action figures and it was getting real annoying. He appreciated me at least coming in and asking in person.

Reaction score
I will say this if there is a date on the box our Walgreens will not put it out much less get the figures until that date. My area has notorious for getting stuff late.

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the shipper box I found on a FB group that clearly shows the date.

Reaction score
I don't see a date on that box. By the way, I cannot believe that there is no way to check stock of these online. It's baffling how hard this crap is to find sometimes. I mean we have a WIC and a UPC and searching for it online shows ZERO results. Really aggrivating. Am i missing something?

Reaction score
No Ghost Ben.

And after careful consideration, passed on the $6.99 6POA figs.

But I did pick up another Stormtrooper!!

Reaction score
some Walgreens have not gotten them in yet or they are holding them. God the stores in my area when they see a street date they loose all bodily functions.

Reaction score
I found my second Thrawn this evening in my nearby walgreens. Only the second one I've seen but thankful to have one to open now. My original is going to stay in the package.