Wal Mart

Reaction score
Hit 3 WMs in different parts of Baton Rouge this morning. Saw the GOA figs, 2 Gold Packs(which means some nitwit actually bought some of those) and some lightsabers. All that was at in store, nothing at the other 2.

I did see all the 6” last week at another store, but it was not available for purchase despite the huge black cardboard display being set up and stocked.

Star Wars has become too much of a pain to track down. Good luck hunting, I’m just gonna let it go.

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Call it TRIPLE FROZEN Friday!!! My WMs has all FROZEN displays out. They claim they never got any SW shipments.
One WM had one display out and it was ransacked. I did get a Skiff, Jabba Playset and the gold figure sets.
The figures left were crushed as you could see where the pallet had been crushed in transport!!![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Another disappointment.[/FONT]

Reaction score
I went to my local WM only because they had a free pin and charicature artist for the launch.

They only had 1 of each for 4 of the 8 BS figs and all were black box, none of the gold 2 packs, and vintage went super fast.

Hasbro really screwed up distribution on this one. Even a lot of Target's near me couldn't find boxes of some product and one couldn't find ANY of theirs, but the one that had stuff ready had a good amount of white boxes to last til 20min after opening at least.

Reaction score
First Walmart I walked into had an entire pallet of the new wave in the first edition packaging. Picked up the Mando.

Reaction score
I went to one of my walmarts at lunch. They didn't have anything. And I don't mean they only had Funkos and GoA figuers. I mean they had literally nothing Star Wars. Glad I found the Mando at Target this morning.

Reaction score
Last night I went to see The Joker. A nearby Walmart with 24 BS figures in stock was a literal 3 minute drive away. So I went around 11:45pm, and found two store employees reseting the toy aisle. There were no Star Wars product anywhere to be seen. Nothing at all.

So I approached the gentleman and kindly asked if I could ask him a question. He just looked at me, so I asked if he knew anything about the Star Wars toys launching at midnight. He said, "You mean the toys launching on the 4th?" and I said "Yes." He said "And what date is it?" and I said, "It's the 3rd." and he said "Okay, then." and turned back to the pegs he was working on. So I said, "I'm asking because I know some stores were staying open later to sell the new toys, or I thought I might catch them right at closing." To which he replied, "Not this store." I thanked him for his enthusiastic and helpful responses and left.

Checked Brickseek this morning. The store went from 24 figures in stock last night to 0 in stock at 7:10am when I checked as I was leaving my house.

Go figure.

Reaction score
Last night I went to see The Joker. A nearby Walmart with 24 BS figures in stock was a literal 3 minute drive away. So I went around 11:45pm, and found two store employees reseting the toy aisle. There were no Star Wars product anywhere to be seen. Nothing at all.

So I approached the gentleman and kindly asked if I could ask him a question. He just looked at me, so I asked if he knew anything about the Star Wars toys launching at midnight. He said, "You mean the toys launching on the 4th?" and I said "Yes." He said "And what date is it?" and I said, "It's the 3rd." and he said "Okay, then." and turned back to the pegs he was working on. So I said, "I'm asking because I know some stores were staying open later to sell the new toys, or I thought I might catch them right at closing." To which he replied, "Not this store." I thanked him for his enthusiastic and helpful responses and left.

Checked Brickseek this morning. The store went from 24 figures in stock last night to 0 in stock at 7:10am when I checked as I was leaving my house.

Go figure.

There are going to be a lot of stories like yours, I bet.

This morning I was only able to be at one Target at opening (8:00)...and they had nothing. Not a scrap. Complete waste. Angry employees asking "why are they here?" and pointing at me and the small group of people who were there at opening and standing in the toy section.

In total I went to 2 Targets and 2 Walmarts at lunch, and only one of each even "participated." The 50% that did "participate" were completely wiped out. Not picked over, but 100% wiped out. I didn't even lay eyes on one single Black Series figure (or Hot Wheels car, I was looking for a friend). I saw a few new Lego sets, and that was the sum total of my wasted time and energy.

For anyone who is still on the fence, Entertainment Earth still has the Mandalorian up for (pre)order, apparently they have a second shipment coming, so that's what I ended up doing.

TLDR: Hasbro sucks, and can't get the product to Walmart or Target, who (if they get it) won't put the product out, and also suck. Hard.

Reaction score

Go figure.
And this ladies and gentlemen is one of MANY reasons why I will never step foot in Wallyworld again. It’s an evil company that puts small businesses out of business daily and treats both their employees and customers like garbage. The cherry on the sundae is that they’ve treated SW merch, especially their own exclusives, horribly. They’re dead to me. I’ll climb down from my pulpit now.

Reaction score
Nothing at any of the Walmarts around me. Walmart.com has Jabbas palace listed as in store pickup only, but I know they will pick a banged up one for me.

Reaction score
I checked Brickseek and one of the Walmarts near me said they still had 20 figures left. I decided it was worth a shot and long behold they must of put the pallet drop on the floor this morning. Still had two Mandalorian figures (Black Box) so I bought both. I had the chance to pick one up yesterday but I was looking for white boxes cause I collect in MISB. And now every place near me is sold out so black box is better than no box :grin:. Also this Walmart was the only store around me that had the pallet drop celebrating the Skywalker Saga with the gold POP Figures and the t-shirts in the VHS boxes, does anyone know if they put that put earlier or something?

Reaction score
I saw a total of 4 walmarts today that didn't have a single black series figure to be found, 2 of those had planogram papers hanging in the aisles that indicated the display. Sad state of things.

Reaction score
I saw a total of 4 walmarts today that didn't have a single black series figure to be found, 2 of those had planogram papers hanging in the aisles that indicated the display. Sad state of things.
All the planogram papers hanging on the non-existent SW section are signed off on, saying (handwritten): "COMPLETED, 10/1/19".

No........no, they are not "complete" the way I read them! Where is the product?

I'm sorry, I left this out: the shelf was overflowing with 5" BB-8 and friends. But about 18 empty pegs for figures, at least.

Reaction score
Made I run over to a WM that I had skipped over the last couple of times I went out to check WM's for new SW. Of course this is the one that did put out the TFF display, maybe on Sunday. No BS or TVC left but did have those gold ones.

Reaction score
I checked my local Walmart yesterday. There was no sign of any Force Friday display or pallet in the aisle. The toy department had two pegs for Vintage Collection figures and a shelf tag for Black Series 6" figures. Both completely empty, of course. Did they get product and it sold out, or have they just not received it yet? My guess, they still haven't got it.

Reaction score
I checked my local Walmart yesterday. There was no sign of any Force Friday display or pallet in the aisle. The toy department had two pegs for Vintage Collection figures and a shelf tag for Black Series 6" figures. Both completely empty, of course. Did they get product and it sold out, or have they just not received it yet? My guess, they still haven't got it.
Mine is the same way... They had both Vintage and Black Series, then I went a few days ago...nothing No new figures and the old figures were gone...just an empty space. I asked them if they had the new figures yet... Just stood there looking at me, So I said to the person" Do you know Star Wars" was told well yeah, I then said well where are they.. are they still in the back stock room.... I don't know is what I was told... So I said maybe Target knows.... My Walmart store SUCKS....

Reaction score
Just noticed that Brickseek no longer gives specific in-stock inventory numbers for WM, only ranges (e.g. 1-5, 4-5, 6+).
Saw the same thing, that is really sucky for ppl trying to watch inventory when a new case comes in...

Reaction score
FYI, this pops up now @Brickseek, "We have recently experienced a change in the way we receive inventory information from Walmart. This change affects the way that inventory quantity is reported, and you may see ranges displayed instead of specific inventory quantities. We are monitoring this change and hope to bring specific inventory quantities back soon." :\

Reaction score
I don't do toy runs anymore and I'm more than 30 minutes away from my nearest Wal-mart. Last Friday I had some business to do in town so I stopped by and found their entire stocked Star Wars offerings consisting of half a case of apparently new 4" vintage figures and some lightsabers.

Instead of any free-standing cardboard display for the new movie, there was a 20 ft cardboard display for Frozen 2 in front of the toy aisles. I even walked back to the boys/men's clothing section to see if they'd stuck it there. Nope.

Reaction score
Walmart closes to me had nothing this morning but did have one of those reset papers taped to SW Section. All the old BS figs were gone. Only thing posted on the sheet was Jabbas palace. Another WM thats a pain to goto must of Restocked the BS but only had Second sister and Kylo. Also a couple of Jabba's palace and skiffs. I wish this WM was closer since it seems to be the one that gets new stuff.

Reaction score
Walmart here has a few of the VC figures and they had the carbonized Seventh Sister and a couple of others I wasn't particularly interested in.

Reaction score
Yes, my local Wal-mart has very little new SW product out. A day after TFF, they had a very small cardboard display (not easy to find) with some TVC figures, some 6" figures, and a couple of Skiffs. A week later, this cardboard display was relegated to the back of the store in an out of the way area, and most of the items had been sold (not that there many to being with).

Conversely, Frozen 2 has a huge display very prominently displayed on the floor right in the toy section.

It's a sad state of affairs when a new animated movie has more merchandise available than a new SW movies - but, not surprising at all.

Reaction score
Finally found Jabba’s Palace playset.

I can finally rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Some Walmart ramblings:

A Walmart in my area got in a bunch of TVC Lando figures recently.

I'll see an occasional TVC figure or two, but not much in the way of action figures after TFF.

Still see plenty of Skiffs at several Walmarts, and I wonder if we'll see them hit clearance at some point.

I still see the Jabba set, but not in great numbers. Maybe 1 or 2 at a couple of Walmarts.

All the lightsabers seem to always peg warm hard. Don't kids like light sabers anymore?

Really surprised to not see any of those gold figures anymore. Did people really like those, or did they think they would make good scalper fodder?

The 5" GoA line seemed to sell reasonably well, but nobody cared for the droid pack. I see a ton of those at Walmart.

Reaction score
Snagged a Luke Skywalk(w)er Yavin Ceremony today at Walmart, the wave is hitting their stores...

Reaction score
ONE MONTH later, and both of my local Walmart stores are still baron wastelands. Unless you want those stupid gold two packs! Not a single Black Series figure on the shelves. I'm going to try and find the toy dept. manager and ask her if she could scan the tag and see if they even have any on order. She can also tell me the last sale date, if they had them and I missed out.

Reaction score
You know, it's weird, but I have several Walmarts in my area, and I have yet to even see one of those gold two-packs in person. I thought on FF that they would be the worst-selling item. I guess in my area, people are nuts for them...or they never shipped??

Reaction score
ONE MONTH later, and both of my local Walmart stores are still baron wastelands. Unless you want those stupid gold two packs! Not a single Black Series figure on the shelves. I'm going to try and find the toy dept. manager and ask her if she could scan the tag and see if they even have any on order. She can also tell me the last sale date, if they had them and I missed out.
Same thing up here my friend. As near as I can tell there's been no TBS or TVC restocks in Bangor or Brewer since FF.

Reaction score
Now my force friday order of the carbonized trooper has been backordered. How is this possible its been available to order online several times since FF.

Reaction score
I got that back order email as well for the Jet Trooper, but when I logged on my Walmart account it showed the figure had shipped. And when I went to pick it up today, of course my Walmart decided to finally roll out the shipper for them, which had been sitting in the back for over a month. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
So I finally got my order of Black Series Carbonized First Order Jet Troopers... I ordered 3 of them... They came in a large box with a gallon of great value Vegetable Oil... why??? I didn't order any Vegetable Oil!!!