Wal-Mart

Reaction score
^^Same here. Local Wal-Mart put out the Blu-Ray deleted scenes wave too.
Yeah - one of my local stores put out one case of the deleted scenes wave along with several cases of the Kithaba wave. Thought about picking up another Cracken, but passed for now - spent too much on Fleet Troopers and Gammies.

Reaction score
Hit 1 of the 3 walmarts I have here in town, and found 1 Gam-Guard, plus picked up a Bespin Han. I was shocked to have the gam guard in my hand. That figure is just awesome.

Reaction score
We got a few of the deleted scenes wave too. I thought maybe someone returned some figures, but it seems alot of stores got this wave restocked.

Reaction score
yeah I also saw the deleted scenes figures but I already have Lando and Luke. The only one I was interested in was the mon calamari rebel pilot figure since I dont have any mon calamari figures in my collection

Reaction score
It's sad to me that Hasbro (as well as LFL) has no idea what to do with SW when there isn't a movie to tie into. They could maintain excitement for the line with a modicum of advertising and tie ins with other media (games or the CW show). But it almost seems like the toys are an afterthought. Like an annoying family member you try and deal with sparingly.

Just sad to me that kids today can't walk into the toy aisle and be excited by SW. The toys could introduce kids to SW but appears no one sees that.

I know it's a competitive business and wo a movie tie in you don't get the amount of space the Avengers and the like get. But you still ought to be able to walk into the toy aisle and find a reasonable selection of SW stuff. And shame on WM for not clearancing out year old junk.

Reaction score
It's sad to me that Hasbro (as well as LFL) has no idea what to do with SW when there isn't a movie to tie into. They could maintain excitement for the line with a modicum of advertising and tie ins with other media (games or the CW show). But it almost seems like the toys are an afterthought. Like an annoying family member you try and deal with sparingly.

Just sad to me that kids today can't walk into the toy aisle and be excited by SW. The toys could introduce kids to SW but appears no one sees that.

I know it's a competitive business and wo a movie tie in you don't get the amount of space the Avengers and the like get. But you still ought to be able to walk into the toy aisle and find a reasonable selection of SW stuff. And shame on WM for not clearancing out year old junk.
I total agree with the annoying family member analogy. Well said. I think the real issue is kids could care less about action figures anymore. I have a four year old. I have made every attempt to buy him every cool figure and vehicle. He could care less. The only thing that I found he likes is a batcave playset, but he just uses it as a garage for his matchbox cars.
I buy all my vintage collection by the wave. I would always use my extras as birthday presents for my sons friends and cousins. All but 1 could care less. I tried to give 12 of my extras to my brothers two boys and they said "no thanks". What little kid doesn't like brand new toys!!! If its not Legos or video games then every kid could care less. Make an app where you can build your own virtual action figure and then maybe you'll spark an interest.

Reaction score
Definitely some truth to that.

But with my kids I can tell you that they turned on action figures when it became routine to hit the toy aisle and not find anything new. Now even my 7-yr old would rather play Minecraft than look for toys - unless it's Legos.

Reaction score
Wow, it's like you're all me. I have three boys -- ages 6 to 10 -- and none of them are into action figures. My 10-year old stopped caring about them at around age 4. I played with my Star Wars/G.I. Joes/Transformers etc until I was like 12! Heck I was still buying action figures when I was 14. I was thinking of giving some of my unopened stuff to them as b-day presents but they could care less. What do they like? Minecraft.

Sorry , back to Walmart... I wish my stores would get Gamorrean Guards.

Reaction score
It's even sadder that they had a whole line of figures planned out and ready to go, yet have no idea how to overcome such hurdles.
Granted it takes a little time to get things going, but there are plenty of repacks that we have been asking for for several years that could have filled the gap.
Along with the new stuff that was planned for BAD line.

Plus as much as LFL throws a wrench into Hasbro's plans, you'd think they'd have contingency plans for such issues by now.

Reaction score
Definitely some truth to that.

But with my kids I can tell you that they turned on action figures when it became routine to hit the toy aisle and not find anything new. Now even my 7-yr old would rather play Minecraft than look for toys - unless it's Legos.
we have the same kids!

Reaction score
My Walmart got 3 cases of the Deleted Scenes wave in over the weekend. Nice to see Leia, Lando, Luke, Rebel Guy, and Mon Cal. Pilot on the shelves, but bad to see the 20+ TPM figures that came packed with them that will now clog the pegs for the remainder of 2013...

Reaction score
My Walmart got 3 cases of the Deleted Scenes wave in over the weekend. Nice to see Leia, Lando, Luke, Rebel Guy, and Mon Cal. Pilot on the shelves, but bad to see the 20+ TPM figures that came packed with them that will now clog the pegs for the remainder of 2013...
Yea, i have the same mindset and feeling, as you state, that those TPMs will do that. I dont mean to annoy or insult my fellow dear hobbyists who who enjoy all the SW movies but I really cant, despite seeing them, really get into the last 3. I just ughhhh... seeing like TPM in vintage packing feels so insulting and I dont know, just doesnt seem right. and again, I know theres many of you who love the latest movies and enjoyed collecting the recent figures.. and I respect that and I understand your passion.. but no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get my mind around collecting any of them!

Reaction score
A couple of cases of the deleted scenes showed up at my local Walmart this week, but Luke, Cracken, and the Mon Cal pilot had already been ganked before I got there yesterday morning. Already had my fill of Lando and Leia (since I was able to pick them up last spring for $4 each), so left the rest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bought Vos and Secura at WM last night. Aayla scanned as "unknown item," which I thought was strange, so I had to scan Vos twice.

Reaction score
Went to a Walmart in NC last night and they had a case of figures sitting on the pallet waiting to be stocked. I asked an employee if they could open it for me and they did with no problems. It was wave 12, so I picked out the INC and darth malgus. It just sucks knowing that they wont be receiving any more figures for a long time now because of all the TPM repacks.

Reaction score
Also, neither the INC or malgus would scan so the cashier just typed in "starwars" and put in the price that I told her. I told her they cost 9-something and she punched in $9.87 which I thought was strange. I honestly couldn't remember the exact price of them. I hope she didn't charge me more then what they actually cost.

Reaction score
Also, neither the INC or malgus would scan so the cashier just typed in "starwars" and put in the price that I told her. I told her they cost 9-something and she punched in $9.87 which I thought was strange. I honestly couldn't remember the exact price of them. I hope she didn't charge me more then what they actually cost.
This does not bode well for restocking purposes.

Reaction score
I was walking down the toy aisle at work and noticed the two cases of vintage that I ordered a few weeks ago had come in the night before and had been stocked. It looked like the Hoth Luke wave but I also spied a nice Imperial Navy Commander that I decided to take off their hands. Same thing, at the register he didn't scan so she had to type in the dept #, description, and a price. I'm off for a few days but I'll have to look into why they aren't scanning and fix it when I get back.

Reaction score
Yeah, those will never show up at our Walmarts. I closest Walamrt still has 2 Qui Gon on the pegs. this Walamrt never ordered anymore after the Holidays.

Reaction score
Found this guy in Walmart today.

Never seen him before. Of course he didn't ring up either. Had to tell the manager what the shelf tag said.

Reaction score
Wow. I found 2 INC's this morning and headed to the register. Another item not found, but my cashier refused to ring it up as a generic Star Wars item and called over a supervisor. This woman told me if an item is not in the system, they are not allowed to sell it. Our conversation went like this:

ME: "Really? Not allowed? How can you not be allowed to sell the products on your shelves?"
DEAD EYES: "They just won't let us."
ME: "All over the country, your cashiers are helping your customers buy these things, you won't just ring them through for me?"
DEAD EYES: "No."
ME: "Seriously? Do you understand how ridiculous this is? I'm trying to buy something from the sales floor of a retail store and you're refusing to sell it to me. Think about it..."
DEAD EYES: (stares me down for a second) "There's no way we can sell these."
ME: (laughter) "OK, thanks, I WILL be buying these today, despite your help."

I went back to the aisle and grabbed a TPM Anakin (we all know that those are in the system!) and took everything to electronics. I explained the situation to the cashier there, and she told me it happened the other day too. (Must have been the 2 Malgus's's's) She very kindly scanned Anakin twice, and 19.92 +tax later I'm heading home with my INC's and an apology from the cashier for her supervisors attitude...

Happy Easter!

Reaction score
Wow. I found 2 INC's this morning and headed to the register. Another item not found, but my cashier refused to ring it up as a generic Star Wars item and called over a supervisor. This woman told me if an item is not in the system, they are not allowed to sell it. Our conversation went like this:

ME: "Really? Not allowed? How can you not be allowed to sell the products on your shelves?"
DEAD EYES: "They just won't let us."
ME: "All over the country, your cashiers are helping your customers buy these things, you won't just ring them through for me?"
DEAD EYES: "No."
ME: "Seriously? Do you understand how ridiculous this is? I'm trying to buy something from the sales floor of a retail store and you're refusing to sell it to me. Think about it..."
DEAD EYES: (stares me down for a second) "There's no way we can sell these."
ME: (laughter) "OK, thanks, I WILL be buying these today, despite your help."

I went back to the aisle and grabbed a TPM Anakin (we all know that those are in the system!) and took everything to electronics. I explained the situation to the cashier there, and she told me it happened the other day too. (Must have been the 2 Malgus's's's) She very kindly scanned Anakin twice, and 19.92 +tax later I'm heading home with my INC's and an apology from the cashier for her supervisors attitude...

Happy Easter!
Yikes! That's incredible. and completely counter intuitive to running a business. no wonder big box retailers are so scared of amazon, THIS is who they're hiring for supervisors!

Congrats on the 2 INCs though, that's dope!

kk1

Reaction score
Hah same thing happened to me with a Dewback, I just left.

Reaction score
Found this guy in Walmart today.

Never seen him before. Of course he didn't ring up either. Had to tell the manager what the shelf tag said.
HA!!! same thing to me this morning when i found INC and ANH Vader! I told the cashier,
"Im in a store where you sell things, i found something you put on your shelves for me to buy, and you won't let me buy it with money???"

Reaction score
Add me to the list of peeps who had this issue, except mine fared better. Found a Malgus, INC, Vader and Clone Anakin and took them all up. Of course, they weren't in the system...the lady calls over a Supervisor and she just looked them over then asked "3.97 work for you?".

I couldn't say YES fast enough. ;)

Reaction score
There is a disturbance in the force. I want to my Local Walmart this morning. They still have the 2 Qui gons they have had sense Christmas. I asked a manager how had a telzon and he scanned the barcode and told me they were deleted. However other Walmarts I have been to have gotten more in. I guess I can scratch that Walmart off my list. I looks like Target and TRU are my only hope.I just wish the Tarkin wave will show up.

Reaction score
Spotted an INC at walmart today, decided to leave it for someone else since I have a few already. First time I've seen one at this store. If it's still there in a week or so I'll pick it up.

Reaction score
Yesterday (Sunday) I spotted leftovers (Hoth Luke, CW Anakin, Vader) at my local Wally. This is their 1st TVC arrival since last March! 13 damn months. Pathetic!