Vulture Droid - TPM

Reaction score
Worth getting for sure, the tiny ones are way out of scale. The original 3-pack on the stand have nicer paint ops though - the green is darker and they have the little silver marks which would have made this version even better.

Reaction score
I definitely think so. I picked up two so far. Will probably go for a third. I love having the nicer mold in the TPM colors.

Reaction score
If only they had painted the head correctly. The Royal Starship pack-in had the most accurate color palette. I wish this one would resemble it.

Although, personally speaking the Ep 1 Droid Fighter Squad with it's olive green is my favorite of all paintjobs so far.

Reaction score
I picked this guy up last week and I much prefer the simplicity of this one over the CIS version. Although, I thought he was supposed to have more green. I'll have to watch the movie.

And on a side note. I went back to TRU last night to see if they by chance had that AV-7 Cannon because I saw it there about a month ago and holy crap! It was still there and I found some deleted scene figures to. I think Hasbro should do the Death Star Gunner Cannon now. That would be primo!

Reaction score
And the CIS one!
Good idea. I love those things in RotS, and the CW series where they have legs on them. Such a cool design. Thanks for the comments as well guys. I think you've all convinced me to track one of these fighters down :)

Reaction score
even though this is more "accurate" correctly scaled, i think i still prefer the original episode 1 droid starfighter 3-pack set with that stand that you can put all 3 on so it looks like 3 droids are moving in formation, and are also removable.

they also have a cooler paint scheme and have that slightly greenish tint and not totally grey like the larger one. the larger version, especially now that they are going for 30 freaking dollars just seems like a waste. on ebay i was able to get a ROTS anakin jedi starfighter AND the original 1999 droid fighter 3 pack for $30. much better deal for me.

also, i miss when these fighters were originally called "droid starfighters". now everyone calls them "vulture droids" frm ROTS. i still call them droid starfighters, cuz thats really what they are especially in TPM. vulture droids is more of a clone wars nickname the jedi probably used for them, which actually begs the question, are there such things as vultures in the star wars universe?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got this in the mail today.

Really like the ship as I did when I got the first release but have to say I am a bit disappointed with the colour scheme on this release. Just doesn't seem green enough (or at all really!)

The Episode 1 3 pack and ROTS Deluxe got the colour a lot more screen accurate.

Reaction score
Wish this thing would hit clearance here at my local Walmarts. They're sitting on at least 5 of these things, and 4 Dewbacks or so, and I'd pick up at least 3 of these, and maybe even 2 of the Dewbacks if I could find them at the discounts that some people have seen.

Reaction score
even though this is more "accurate" correctly scaled, i think i still prefer the original episode 1 droid starfighter 3-pack set with that stand that you can put all 3 on so it looks like 3 droids are moving in formation, and are also removable.

they also have a cooler paint scheme and have that slightly greenish tint and not totally grey like the larger one. the larger version, especially now that they are going for 30 freaking dollars just seems like a waste. on ebay i was able to get a ROTS anakin jedi starfighter AND the original 1999 droid fighter 3 pack for $30. much better deal for me.

also, i miss when these fighters were originally called "droid starfighters". now everyone calls them "vulture droids" frm ROTS. i still call them droid starfighters, cuz thats really what they are especially in TPM. vulture droids is more of a clone wars nickname the jedi probably used for them, which actually begs the question, are there such things as vultures in the star wars universe?

While it might be screen accurate, it may not be universe accurate. The CIS often produced alternate versions of the same vehicle (Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, Octuptarra-Tri Droid) in different sizes and whatnot, so who's to say they didn't do it with these Starfighters too?
As for the name, Vulture Droid might refer to the actual name of the model of starfighter. Droid Starfighter is a generic term like car or Battle Droid (they're B-1s). I'd also make the assumption that a creature is called vulture although it's questionable whether it's an Earth Like creature. Same goes for the Hyena Bomber I guess.

Reaction score
I knew about the Tri Droid/Octuptarra and Crab Droid big and Small but didn't know about the tanks. Are they any screen caps that show this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
This looks like a great toy, but man....$30 just seems a bit too high for me. Maybe if it was $20....hope it goes on sale eventually

Last edited:

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's precisely how much I paid. It is on clearance in Washington.

Reaction score
I knew about the Tri Droid/Octuptarra and Crab Droid big and Small but didn't know about the tanks. Are they any screen caps that show this?
Not to my knowledge, it's from the books and whatnot. First the tanks started off as smaller automated units, but due to poor targeting they were 'upgraded' to accomodate a pilot inside them. I'll go look which book exactly that it's from. I think it's the Visual Dictionary/guide ones...

Reaction score

I remember those going on clearance in late 99! I must have bought 5 sets of them!

Reaction score

I remember those going on clearance in late 99! I must have bought 5 sets of them!
That must be a pretty epic airforce then :)

I got one pack of them back in 07 through ebay. At that point I had two gunships, V-Wing, Arc-170 and jedi fighters, so I felt it was time to balance the scales for the CIS. Got this set and loved it minus the fact that the walker mode one kept falling over :(
Then got the CW one last year which was cool, and I now want this new version, although at £30, I'll have to wait.

Reaction score
Wasnt going to buy this guy but at $15 I couldnt help myself. Also found the Sith Infiltrator at $15 but I dodnt buy that one. Was hoping to find a few Dewbacks but nothing left of those guys. Now im kicking myself in the butt for not picking one up.

Reaction score
Wasnt going to buy this guy but at $15 I couldnt help myself. Also found the Sith Infiltrator at $15 but I dodnt buy that one. Was hoping to find a few Dewbacks but nothing left of those guys. Now im kicking myself in the butt for not picking one up.
Are all Walmarts cutting the prices on these? I've been waiting for the price to drop until I get one.

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Dewback will be my undoing.

Reaction score
Found one of these at my local Walmart for $4 today. Passed on it though. Never really appealed to me.

Reaction score
Been wanting to pick up a second one of these to display in its alternate mode. $14.50 sold me.

Reaction score
I got this on sale for 14.50 at WM the other day, and I really like it but I have one question: How do you get the wings to stay securely in the "fighter" mode? They don't seem to snap into the body section in any way that prevents them from wiggling loose or drooping downwards when you fly it around.

Reaction score
Yea I got 3 of these(two in TPM scheme and one in the CIS ROTS scheme) plus a Droid Bomber. The wings on the fighters do not stay in place when in fighter mode , the droop downwards which is a pain.

Reaction score
I got this on sale for 14.50 at WM the other day, and I really like it but I have one question: How do you get the wings to stay securely in the "fighter" mode? They don't seem to snap into the body section in any way that prevents them from wiggling loose or drooping downwards when you fly it around.
The wings/legs are a bit persnickety, but I find that ensuring the legs are snapped together and pushing them all the way into the body, then positioning the wings so they're completely wedged between the two small molded 'clips' on the body will result in wings that won't become droopy. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
I grabbed the last one from the clearance stand at my Walmart today. I was hesitant at first to buy it, but now that I have it out of the box I'm actually glad I picked it up. Worth the $14.50, couldn't imagine paying 30 though. I always thought these droids were pretty neat.

Reaction score
Yea I got 3 of these(two in TPM scheme and one in the CIS ROTS scheme) plus a Droid Bomber. The wings on the fighters do not stay in place when in fighter mode , the droop downwards which is a pain.
The clips that are supposed to keep them in fighter mode are pretty negligible. Mine's hanging on the ceiling by wire. The legs are almost straight but not perfect. It ain't too bad though.

Reaction score
Did it ring up that way or did you have to fight with them? Scanned one at Walmart yesterday and it said something along the lines of "price not in system, see associate." I didn't want to deal with Walmart customer service, so I walked away.