Vulture Droid - TPM

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we'll be seeing a Vulture Droid released in the Episode 1 colour scheme. Very nice.

Reaction score
Weird they didn't paint its head an accurate olive green. Don't know if I'll pick this up, I'm happy with my 1999 squad and Royal Starship pack-in.

Reaction score
Think I'll be picking this up, seeing as I loved the Mace vs. Vulture Droids sequence from the Clone Wars microseries. :D

Looks pretty neat, and I'm interested in the 3-D aspect of the back of the packaging.

Reaction score
This is too oversized. I think someone did a size ratio when TCW version came out to prove it. I am also very happy with the original '99 releases of these, just wish they had a more accurate paint app.

Reaction score
Um, no it's not buddy. I've checked height from figs and pics with the TCW one and since it's a repaint of that it's scaled correctly. If it is oversized, then this is the first time we can say that about a SW vehicle/ship since H always underscales some of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Already got 2 of the CIS one but always wanted the big version in Trade Federations colours, shall pick up one or two of these.

Reaction score
I enjoy the old EpI ones (even though they're small, they look SO cool swarming a fighter), but didn't enjoy the CW paintscheme'd one. Would I get a big one in TF colors? Possibly.

Reaction score
Um, no it's not buddy. I've checked height from figs and pics with the TCW one and since it's a repaint of that it's scaled correctly. If it is oversized, then this is the first time we can say that about a SW vehicle/ship since H always underscales some of them.
If it is oversized, it's FAR from the first time: vintage Cloud Car, vintage Snowspeeder, vintage Speeder Bike, vintage A-wing... and all modern versions of the latter 2. I think the VC Snowspeeder and Cloud Car wound up much closer to accurate, tho one or both may be a smidge too big, still. I forget.

I never picked up the CW color-scheme Vulture Droid--I like it, just never wanted to shell out $27.XX+tax for it. I might be persuaded for the brown one, tho! Always liked that color scheme (I still remember being disappointed that they weren't actual starfighters, ie nobody inside piloting 'em)

Reaction score
Definitely down for 2 or 3 of these. Haven't picked up a CW paint scheme version yet, might change my mind, but with these colors I definitely want to get my hands on them.

Reaction score
For those interested or those who haven't seen it in the store yet (like myself), walmart.com has it in stock with a pricetag of 29.96. (I thought they were going to be 24.96?)

Reaction score
I want this and the Naboo Starfighter, but I'm trying save SOME money for the MTT.

I pass on this vehicle when it was released before simply because of the paint scheme. This paint deco is far more iconic! I can't miss it!

Reaction score
now THIS is the version that i want, along with the new naboo fighter. i didnt like the paint scheme of the CIS one, i always wanted the TPM basic grey color, it looks sleeker i think. i remember as a kid thinking, the naboo fighter was the new x wing and the droid starfighter was the new tie fighter. and yes, i remember when this was called the DROID STARFIGHTER, not the "vulture" droid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw this for the first time today and planned on buying it, but then I picked it up and it didn't feel like $30. Seriously, it felt like 1 of the Trade Federation Fighters from the original TPM line (not the 3 that came together, just 1). How big is this thing?

Reaction score
I saw this for the first time today and planned on buying it, but then I picked it up and it didn't feel like $30. Seriously, it felt like 1 of the Trade Federation Fighters from the original TPM line (not the 3 that came together, just 1). How big is this thing?
Its a repaint of this one Rebelscum.com: Photo Archive unfortunately the archive doesnt have photo comparisons, but i can say after having both the TPM 99 ones and this one, this ones a good 4-5x bigger than the old ones, and much more articulated
Hope that helps

Reaction score
I would happly drop 30$ on it, but thats because Ive been paying 30$ a vehicle for most vehicles in Canada. The only time i get them cheaper is when rtheyre on sale, and then its only about 27$ thanks ot TRUs 34.99 price point.

Reaction score

Reaction score
For those wondering, it's this big:

(BTW I took the stupid legs off the AV-7 cannon for onscreen film accuracy)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's on the Republic capital ships at the beginning of ROTS. Gets blown up. Also manned by plain white phase 2 clones, the only screenshot they are in as well.

Reaction score
It's on the Republic capital ships at the beginning of ROTS. Gets blown up. Also manned by plain white phase 2 clones, the only screenshot they are in as well.
I think they're just ship cannons. While they look similar, I think the AV-7 is a Clone Wars series only design.

Reaction score
Oh damn, I have to find that cannon now. I don't know if I should say thanks or not. I'll go with thanks. These are still coming out right?

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread! Just wanted to clarify the image of the standing blue Vulture Droid for people wondering about the height.
It is screen accurate though, right down to the little side bits and the seat. The base is just a bit too high to accommodate the legs but I didn't want to cut it off totally. There's a nice pic of one I found somewhere, I think it's in the big Prequels Chronicles book.

Reaction score
This is the only reason I had to hunt them down. Never did find one in stores, though. My wife got me one for Christmas, at least.

Reaction score
Here, found it....scroll down, it's about halfway down the page, nice clear pic B)

PARMAN'S PAGE: Space News | Sports & Movie Info | Journal
Wow, I never did notice how identical they were. guess Filoni cheaped out on that vehicle's design lol.

On topic, I'm still in two minds about this starfighter. I have the original brown ones, and the bigger blue one. I always wanted the brown one in the large scale, but now that it's out, I just don't know.Would you guys say it's a decent repaint worth getting or what?