VOTC Luke Skywalker

Reaction score
He is too short... Dagobah Luke from OTC is about the best Luke as far as height goes that I've ever seen. Really accurate against the VOTC Han and Leia.

Reaction score
.....and here in Austria there are no pegwarming figures! Oh wait, there are: 02 Arena Padmé and Kit Fisto, maybe a SBD and C-3PO. Yup, those are the only figures availible around here.

God, this sucks. Collector stores are way too expensive.

Reaction score
JesseJames said:
He is too short... Dagobah Luke from OTC is about the best Luke as far as height goes that I've ever seen. Really accurate against the VOTC Han and Leia.
Looking at Grand Matt Tarkin's photographic evidence from the medal ceremony and loose VOTC pics in his post above, it looks to me like he is right on target scale wise.

Reaction score
So, he's a bit short. It just strengthens Leia's position that Luke IS too short for a Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Compare VOTC Han to Dagobah Luke...

They're more in line with Luke's actual height compared to Han. VOTC Luke's substantially shorter than Dagobah Luke then as well (when compared)... Forget photos where they're laid on the ground, look at them standing side by side.

In the ceremony photo, Luke's eyes are at Solo's mouth level almost exactly. Standing the figures up (OTC Dag. Luke, VOTC Luke, and VOTC Han) side-by-side shows that Dagobah Luke's eyes are at VOTC Han's mouth, and VOTC Luke's damn near not even at Han's shoulders actually.

That shot of the figures laying side-by-side distorts the actual height though.

VOTC Luke's definitely too short, by a sizeable amount in this scale. Dag. Luke's spot-on however... This is all if we're comparing to VOTC Han, which I think is as accurate as it gets in all respects.

VOTC Luke's head comes to Han's shoulder barely, but in that photo of the medal ceremony Luke comes about eye level (or slightly below) to Han's mouth I believe.

Reaction score
At least he is taller than the SAGA Hoth Midget Trooper
Still I wish they could get the scaling right, they did with Dagobah Luke as JesseJames pointed out, so why not the VOTC?

Reaction score
Different sculptors and whatnot... People are funny. Hasbro's never really been 100% accurate in scale ever. Of course not in the beginning. They were all over the place then, but they're better now... Just still not always perfect, and really for $10 you shoulda gotten perfection on that Luke figure.

Oh well... He wasn't my favorite anyway.

Reaction score
Picked this guy up 10 years too late.... don't suppose any has any success in tailoring the tunic for a better fit?

Reaction score
Cool. I'm quite happy with my interim effort for the time being I think now though: