VOTC Luke Skywalker

Reaction score
Pics and news have been posted. One for the ladies...!

Oh, and for the record....No, I don't sleep.

Reaction score
He looks really goofy with it off.
But how embarassing for Luke!

Also, he is awfully short next to VOTC Han.

Reaction score
(Click To Enlarge)

Why are toy companies afraid to put nipples on men?

*Converted to thumbnails so that we don't bog the thread down with images.*

Reaction score
Haha...that really looks bad, sorta like those horrible bodies on some 12 inch figures. Hasbro should have just made his shirt part of the mold if he was gonna look this bad underneath.

Reaction score
*L* Say what you will about how he looks with the shirt off, I think that it's actually a very nice figure.
The head sculpt rocks, and he's in perfect scale with the others.
By far the best figure of Luke in this outfit, and god knows we have enough of them.

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

[/QUOTE]
They aren't always:

(Click to enlarge)

Ook

Reaction score
Durge said:
Have you seen what's poppin' on Hasbro's 12" SW? You can feel the damn things thru the fabric!

Also, why are you so keen to have MALE NIPPS on your toys?

Ook

Reaction score
The_Professor said:
(Click to enlarge)

Tune in, Tokyo; tune in, Tokyo....

Reaction score
The likeness is very different which is cool. I think he looks quite good. I just wonder if you can pose his arms hanging straight too and not as widely apart from the torso as most pictures show him posed?

GNT

Reaction score
Thanks for the picture Brandon_Heat

As for why Luke doesn't have nipples they aren't really needed, did the batsuit need nipples? Exactly. Now they have a generic body that they can use to creat well articulated figures with.

Reaction score
Tyrannusspotting:
Yeah, you can get them to lay pretty straight. A bit more than Han's arms do.

Reaction score
Had'nt actually tried until just now, after reading your post!
It takes a little work, but he can hold it pretty well with both hands.

GNT

Reaction score
Thats great news Brandon Heat, maybe people will grow to like this figure espically if he can hold it with both hands then be posed normally as well. This figure is really getting better and better

Reaction score
I actually wonder if the removable shirt lends this figure to some customizing possibilities. Find a black shirt that would fit Luke, paint him black from the waist down, and wa-la....VOTC Jedi Luke!

GNT

Reaction score
royalguard96 said:
I actually wonder if the removable shirt lends this figure to some customizing possibilities. Find a black shirt that would fit Luke, paint him black from the waist down, and wa-la....VOTC Jedi Luke!
Great idea royalguard96, since it's removable it's totally possible, though it would be an expensive custom. Maybe if Hasbro does continue with sculpts like these they'll get around to something like your idea? I hope someone in the customizing section gives it ago.

Reaction score
Tyrannusspotting said:
You could also turn him into a Dagobah training Luke if you paint his chest and make it look as if he's wearing a sleeveless shirt.
That's true. The pants look similar.

Reaction score
Tyrannusspotting said:
You could also turn him into a Dagobah training Luke if you paint his chest and make it look as if he's wearing a sleeveless shirt.
Not a bad idea...although you could just get two Dagobah Lukes for the price of one VOTC Luke

I've thought a lot about the VOTC line, and how much I'd like to see another series from each film. A Bespin Han and Jedi Luke would be musts for a second group, IMP and I've been trying to come up with customizing ideas for it.

I suppose the Jedi Luke one would work if there was another 4-inch scale toy line with soft goods shirts that were removable, like Luke's shirt is.

Either way, I will know more when I actually find this figure...

Reaction score
Next to the Han, Luke looks waaaay too short

No wonder Leia commented "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" if these two figs are right to scale.

And his shoulder/neck muscles are overdone.
Luke was a weed - not a buffed up muscley necked dude.

But I still like him overall despite that

Reaction score
They can never get Luke absolutely perfect. But this one and the Luke Palace versions have been much better than the stuff we've gotten for years. I am just glad the head on the VOTC is better than earlier pics. At least it is IMO.

gMt

Reaction score
Rik_Biel said:
Next to the Han, Luke looks waaaay too short

No wonder Leia commented "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" if these two figs are right to scale.
Mark Hamill is considerably shorter than Harrison Ford. I disagreed with your statement initially, but now I'm not so sure:

Hard to say. The figure *might* be a little too short after all.

Reaction score
Luke's head seem a little big in relation to the rest of his body, but comparing it with the scene below. Han's head/body proportions seems almost dead on. Overall, I'd say Hasbro got within the ballpark of their sizes although I think Luke could be just a tad higher.

Comparing both figures to the ceremony scene, I can see why VOTC Han Solo is really one of the best of him made to date. The robe on VOTC Luke takes a lot away from it...looks like he just stepped out of the shower.

Reaction score
While I was at Target this morning, I finally spotted this figure on the peg. Another collector was there also, after the same thing (fortunately there were 3 Lukes on the peg!).
Anyway, he told me that the VOTC Luke has a "variant". Supposedly some of the belt buckles were not painted silver.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I could not find anything with a search.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Reaction score
Just found VOTC luke and Yoda at TRU look nice, also picked up the Black Gate scene from LOTR that has the exclusive Mouth of Sauron figure in it

Reaction score
Just like the VOTC Obi-Wan this figure is a let down

He is too short (kid Luke anyone?), his tunic is damn anoying, he can do the spilts (why?) his hair's too blonde

I'd rate him 5 out of 10

Which is a real shame as Luke is my favourite character, and I really wanted this to be a good figure

GNT

Reaction score
Perhaps they made Luke to the right scale this time around, he doesn't look that bad in a group shot with the other VOTC figures.

The Rebelscum Photo Archives have updated with plenty of images of the latest VOTC Luke Skywalker figure and can be seen here. Looks like a great figure to me, nice work Hasbro.

Reaction score
I just picked up all the figures that are available now (no Lando or 3PO though) and I thought Luke would be my least favorite of the bunch. Quite the opposite.

Luke, along with Han, is my favorite figure of the assortment so far. He's perfect. I can't even come up with anything to knock. My tunic is great, I love the new lightsaber, the articulation is perfect, he's solid, and he looks great. I'm extremely pleased.

It's taken Hasbro 9 years but they're finally making the Star Wars figures I've always dreamed about. I hope this vintage line continues beyond the initial 12....

Reaction score
I just found the Luke at TRU today, bought it and opened it while I was still in the parking lot.

I agree, this figure is a LOT better than I thought it would be! The best ANH Luke yet.

Reaction score
I was prepared to hate this figure but ended up really liking it.

Didn't think much of it in the package but once I opened him and found all his points of articulation I was very impressed. THe soft goods tunic works really well too.

No as cool as Han or Vader but he is right up there.

Reaction score
I finally found this one at my local TRU and I was plesantly surprised with it. I thought the tunic looked great and I really liked the saber sculpt. All in all a really good figure.

GNT

Reaction score
I've seen Luke now at retail, man is he puny or what? I passed on him for the moment but he seems like he'll be pegwarming for some time, my money will go towards something else like some of the cooler VOTC vigures when they arrive

Reaction score
Man, it really is true how everything is backwards in Australia. Water spirals the other way in the sink, winter is summer, summer is winter, VOTC Luke is a peg warmer

GNT

Reaction score
Luke and Obi-Wan seem to be doing badly, Han is probably selling the best and no signs of Princess Leia but if I remember correctly the first case assortment didn't include her. I'm sure they'll move when the DVD is released in a few weeks

Reaction score
That's weird, here Han is the big peg warmer. Obi-Wan isn't too hard to find, but there are far more Hans around then the old guy. Leia isn't hard to come by either (I think the first case assortment was her, Han, and Ben), but Luke is still like hen's teeth.

GNT

Reaction score
Going by what I saw there were only 2 or 3 were Hans amongst the army of Obi-Wans and Lukes. I guess every location around the world doesn't share the same pegwarmers.