Volunteers Needed

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
CE is asking for able bodies people to help out at the event:

If you are interested in volunteering for Star Wars Celebration Europe the following must be understood:

You must be 18 years or older.
Volunteer and Event Team t-shirts must be worn during the work shift, unless you are volunteering in a Star Wars costume that is appropriate for your shift. Volunteer t-shirts cannot be worn off-duty (except for break periods) and must never be worn in bars/nightclubs.
You must complete a SWCE Volunteer Application to be considered eligible.

Benefits:

Volunteer T-shirt.*
A full refund of 3-day admission.**
Access to reserved seating at Star Wars Celebration Europe events, subject to availability.
Access to VIP lines/entrances at the Star Wars Celebration Europe events, exhibits, and the retail store, subject to availability.

Want to know more?

http://www.celebrationeurope.com/tickets_volunteer.htm

Jeremy
 

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
573
Reaction score
0
I wouldn't have minded to volunteer to help but then i oubt it would leave me with much time to do all the great stuff they have planned even if it is a 3 day event.
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
Lee_c00per said:
I wouldn't have minded to volunteer to help but then i oubt it would leave me with much time to do all the great stuff they have planned even if it is a 3 day event.
"You must be prepared to donate a minimum of 15 hours of your time"

That's only five hours per day!

For a free t-shirt, better access and a free ticket!

Jeremy
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
2,138
Reaction score
0
I'm applying!!!!!

Also, Jeremy or CE Office, in the section marked 'Fan organisation' should we put Rebelscum or is that mainly for the 501st etc.?

I'm also glad to see that you can assist on the Thursday for set up.
 

Lee_c00per

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
573
Reaction score
0
Shame you have to do a minimum of 15 hours as i would have loved to help out for the whole day on the thursday
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
2,138
Reaction score
0
I've faxed my form over this morning.

Don't forget that the Thursday is the GG World Tour London Stop at Forbidden Planet.

I'm going to be travelling down on Thursday morning (first thing!!!) so I've volunteered from 11am onwards.
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
2,138
Reaction score
0
Gentle Giant's World Tour with available exclusives Bly minibust, Yoda/R2-D2 Animaquette and Han/Luke Bust-Ups
 

SirTristram

Emperor
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
10,752
Reaction score
0
Location
The Empire State
I am not arriving in London until early Thursday morning...Would anyone of your chaps be willing to get me one of the GG Yoda/R2-D2 maquette's from the Forbidden Planet GG World Tour Stop?
I really wanted that but I just don't think I will be able to arrive at Heathrow, travel to my hotel at ExCel and then back to FP before they are all gone!


Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
Abstractharmony said:
I'm applying!!!!!

Also, Jeremy or CE Office, in the section marked 'Fan organisation' should we put Rebelscum or is that mainly for the 501st etc.?

I'm also glad to see that you can assist on the Thursday for set up.
Glad to see someone has answered the call. I help set up at C2 and C3 and the day before the event is a real eye-opener. It will give you the chance to find your way around the venue without anyone getting in your way and you'll get to see where all the cool stuff is.

Yes, the "fan organisation" section would be for something like the 501st or Legion.

Jeremy
 

Jose_Fiuza

Moff
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
2,611
Reaction score
0
Abstractharmony said:
Gentle Giant's World Tour with available exclusives Bly minibust, Yoda/R2-D2 Animaquette and Han/Luke Bust-Ups
Just a little correction: the Gentle Giant World Tour Exclusive(s) are comprised of only 5 Clone Commander Mini-busts.

The statues mentioned are also from GG, but NOT a part of the WTE's.
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
Can we not talk about the GG world tour here please?

If you do want to discuss it you can start a thread in the European section.

Jeremy
 

SirTristram

Emperor
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
10,752
Reaction score
0
Location
The Empire State
Jose_Fiuza said:
Abstractharmony said:
Gentle Giant's World Tour with available exclusives Bly minibust, Yoda/R2-D2 Animaquette and Han/Luke Bust-Ups
Just a little correction: the Gentle Giant World Tour Exclusive(s) are comprised of only 5 Clone Commander Mini-busts.

The statues mentioned are also from GG, but NOT a part of the WTE's.
Yes they are. Only the Clones are exclusive to certain regions and cities....the others are exclusive to the entire tour!
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
2,138
Reaction score
0
So has anyone that volunteered actually heard anything from the CE office?

I thought that we were supposed to receive an e-mail confirming that they had received the application.
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
It isn't the CE office that is organising the volunteers, but an event organising company called IMIE (who also do the British Motor Show).

Try emailing the address that is on the form. They're the ones who can help you.

Jeremy
 

DLoSith

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Location
Centreville, VA
After the awesome experience I had at CIV volunteering with Official Pix, I am seriously considering volunteering for CE.

Jeremy, is there any guarantee one would be able to work in the same capacity at CE as we did at CIV?
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
DLoSith said:
Jeremy, is there any guarantee one would be able to work in the same capacity at CE as we did at CIV?
Nope. It is up to the organisers to decide where they will put you. Furthermore Official Pix isn't involved with CE so you can not rekindle your previous experience that way.

HOWEVER! If you have had experience assisting in the autograph hall I would recommend mentioning it on the form because the organisers will be looking to match skills and jobs.

Jeremy
 

DLoSith

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Location
Centreville, VA
Jeremy said:
HOWEVER! If you have had experience assisting in the autograph hall I would recommend mentioning it on the form because the organisers will be looking to match skills and jobs.

Jeremy
Yeah, I did mention that on my application, hopefully it'll bear some weight.
 

LITTLEOBIWAN

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
748
Reaction score
0
But are not "Coolwaters" dealing with the autograph hall, on their website you need to send your details to be a volunteer in the signing hall........
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
As far as I know Coolwaters are just supplying some of the guests, and not partaking in the organising of the auto hall.

Jeremy
 

DLoSith

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Location
Centreville, VA
Jeremy said:
As far as I know Coolwaters are just supplying some of the guests, and not partaking in the organising of the auto hall.

Jeremy
Ahhhhh....guess I'll just have to wait and see then...

It's all so confusing!
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
I'm looking but I can't find anything on the CWP website. Maybe if I had a 486 running Windows 95 I might be able to navigate the site!

Jeremy
 

LITTLEOBIWAN

Fleet Admiral
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
748
Reaction score
0
Jeremy your right, its not there, I am sure it was,
please someone tell me that I was not imagining it......
 

DLoSith

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Location
Centreville, VA
Here is a link to Coolwaters site where they say they are running the autograph hall. They are also accepting "resumes" for volunteers for CE.

Coolwaters Schedule

This is why I am finding the volunteering situation so confusing...is Coolwaters running the autograph hall or is it Cards INC?
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
Uh, where? I can't see anything on that page.

Jeremy
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
2,138
Reaction score
0
I exchanged a couple of e-mails with Alex @ IMIE today and the upshot is that Barry isn't getting round to looking at the applications until next week after the deadline expires on Friday.

They've had hundreds of them so it's gonna take him a while...

I hope he clears me...
 

DLoSith

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Location
Centreville, VA
Abstractharmony said:
I exchanged a couple of e-mails with Alex @ IMIE today and the upshot is that Barry isn't getting round to looking at the applications until next week after the deadline expires on Friday.

They've had hundreds of them so it's gonna take him a while...

I hope he clears me...
Thanks for the update!
 

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Joined
Jan 9, 2000
Messages
9,715
Reaction score
58
LITTLEOBIWAN said:
"Coolwaters is going to be helping the UK Celebration promoter with the autograph hall. People who have sent in resumes will be notified if chosen to "work" then event."
I've got to the bottom of this - Derek is bringing in some of the people he has worked with previously in autograph areas to hel;p beef up the volunteer pool with experienced staff. He isn't vetting any of the volunteer applications, and if you were already on Derek's list then he will be dealing with you direct.

If you replied to the CE volunteer call out you may still get to be involved with the autograph area, but the spaces are fewer now that Derek has offered to assist.

Jeremy
 

DLoSith

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Location
Centreville, VA
Jeremy said:
LITTLEOBIWAN said:
"Coolwaters is going to be helping the UK Celebration promoter with the autograph hall. People who have sent in resumes will be notified if chosen to "work" then event."
I've got to the bottom of this - Derek is bringing in some of the people he has worked with previously in autograph areas to hel;p beef up the volunteer pool with experienced staff. He isn't vetting any of the volunteer applications, and if you were already on Derek's list then he will be dealing with you direct.

If you replied to the CE volunteer call out you may still get to be involved with the autograph area, but the spaces are fewer now that Derek has offered to assist.

Jeremy
Thanks Jeremy! Guess it's a good thing I contacted Derek a few weeks ago as well...now we wait to see what happens.
 

DLoSith

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
Location
Centreville, VA
Has anyone heard any updates on the volunteer program? Have volunteers been selected yet? The info on the CE page says notifications were to go out on June 25, but so far nada.

News anyone?
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
2,138
Reaction score
0
Spoke to Alex at IMIE again on Monday, all volunteer information should be sent out today. (Wednesday).
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
2,138
Reaction score
0
Just got my notification...

I've been 'approved by Lucasfilm'.

How cool is that? LOL!

I'm in!
 

Ross_C

High Admiral
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
1,786
Reaction score
3
yeah I got mine too, didnt really say much other than "show up", but my gf did not get a notification...hmm challenging
 
Top