Voltron: Defender of the Universe

Reaction score
just released by MattyCollector.com at SDCC:

Mattel has just revealed the first figures from their 2012 Voltron Club Lion Force subscription line. The first lion revealed is the Red Lion and the first figure revealed is Lance! We can see from the pictures that the human counterparts will be able to ride inside of the Lions. Lance also appears to come with an alternate head (one helmeted one without helmet) and a Lion activation key.

The Red Lion will be priced at $35 and Lance will be priced at $15. Lance will be in 3 3/4" scale and the Lions are said to have one touch transformation figures. Expect the rest of the team to follow suit in 2012!

who else is getting excited about getting the ultimate Voltron through Club Lion Force... I'm defiantely getting a membership to this so that I can build the 23" Voltron with light-up blazing sword.

Reaction score
I wish I could get one of the free stands they are giving away at comic con for the Blazing Sword Voltron.

Reaction score
I've got the Trendmasters Voltron that is almost 23" so I probably won't get the new one. Don't know if I want to spend $200 on Voltron & an additional $75 on figures. I also have the Toynami Voltron. I will get the Voltron Force combining Voltron though. I was thinking about it the other day & realized I have about 6-7 different combining lion voltrons & several more where it is just Voltron. This isn't counting the Vehicle Voltron or the Stealth Voltron. I will eventually have to set up a Voltron shelf.

Reaction score
How tall is the SDCC blazing sword one? I'm wondering if it'll fit into my Detolf or not

Reaction score
macross7 said:
I've got the Trendmasters Voltron that is almost 23" so I probably won't get the new one. Don't know if I want to spend $200 on Voltron & an additional $75 on figures. I also have the Toynami Voltron. I will get the Voltron Force combining Voltron though. I was thinking about it the other day & realized I have about 6-7 different combining lion voltrons & several more where it is just Voltron. This isn't counting the Vehicle Voltron or the Stealth Voltron. I will eventually have to set up a Voltron shelf.
Yeah I'm thinking I can find a voltron cheaper on ebay than I can trying to build this one.

mjb

Reaction score
I would have to see pictures of it. If it is well made and a decent size. I might buy it. I have the trend masters one, the 24 inch one from the 80's and the three different verisons that were done by matchbox, all are great toys.

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, I did see a huge Voltron fully assembled in some of the SDCC pictures. I find that the proportion of the Toynami Masterpiece version is much better. The one shown has the black lion kind of "fat" and "chunky".
I think I prefer the sleeker black lion that came with Toynami's masterpiece version.

Reaction score
Jawa_Fong said:
Correct me if I am wrong, I did see a huge Voltron fully assembled in some of the SDCC pictures. I find that the proportion of the Toynami Masterpiece version is much better. The one shown has the black lion kind of "fat" and "chunky".
I think I prefer the sleeker black lion that came with Toynami's masterpiece version.
Are you sure you aren't looking at the Voltron Force version?

Reaction score
macross7 said:
Jawa_Fong said:
Are you sure you aren't looking at the Voltron Force version?
No, I was looking at the Classic Voltron. In fact, the link above that Mjb posted from mwctoys.com shows the classic black lion. Isn't it a bit chunky and fat?

Reaction score
Looks like a bad angle on the pic that just shows the black lion. The black lion has always been sort of wide because of needing to be the body of Voltron & the arms wider. Looking at it combined makes it seem like it won't be as fat as other Black lions have been.

mjb

Reaction score
I am going to sign up for the collectors club, I think the voltron looks sweet, have to have another 23 inch voltron. Looks well made. Like the figures.

Reaction score
Just ordered the Voltron figure on Matty's SDCC page; I hesitated to preorder it, came around a bit at the con itself but didn't wanna stand in the long lines or go through any of the common exclusive 'go upstairs and get a ticket' crap. So I'm out almost $11 for shipping, that's all

Reaction score
I didn't order this one since im committed to buy the big one. I did buy the xbla avatar though

Reaction score
Just ordered Blazing Sword Voltron off MattyCollector. I definitely did NOT expect him to stay up this long. No white screens. No problems.
A lot stuff SDCC is still in stock.
Wow that was easy.

Reaction score
For those doing the sub service. Do they bill you the total up front or only when the figures ship?

Reaction score
JediKnutt said:
For those doing the sub service. Do they bill you the total up front or only when the figures ship?
they bill you only when the figure ships. the first bill is for the membership to the fan club (which includes the exclusive figure.) then once the next release is ready they charge the credit card and it usually ships out the same day the card is charged.

Reaction score
Still can't decide on this. Seems really expensive. I used to have all the old figures, lions and the castle. I think the only thing I didn't have was one of the coffins. Loved that show and the toys. If they were at retail for a reasonable price, I'd buy them for sure.

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately, the subscription is the least-expensive and easiest way to get all of them.
Prices (and frustration) will only increase after the one-day sellouts.

Reaction score
if voltron and teela are still available i may get them on the 15th with megator and man-e-faces

Reaction score
Ewok_Slayer said:
if voltron and teela are still available i may get them on the 15th with megator and man-e-faces
Well, you might want to jump on Voltron now.
He's "Almost Gone".

I'm still waiting for the Voltron I ordered on the 1st...
"In Transit".

edit: Apparently they've still got significant quantities of Voltron left.
He's no longer "almost gone", for the time being.

Reaction score
Well Voltron finally came!
And he has this gunk all over his head...like a factory worker had super glue on his fingers when he put the head on...
It's actually just on the snout of his lion head, but it's still slightly off-putting.
Cracked him open none-the-less, shipping took too long and I don't want to chance getting a worse defect. He's got glue spots here and there.

Reaction score
my sdcc blazing sword voltron arrived a few weeks ago

Reaction score
I have seen pics from Comic con with the 3 3/4" scale Voltron.The thing is going to be massive when put togather.I would love Mattel to do a Robotech line like this.

Last edited: