Visual Lightsaber Index?

Reaction score
Seemed like this would be the best place to ask this question because games, comics and Clone Wars would make up most of it. It's pretty easy to see all the lightsabers the major characters had in the films. But has anybody put together a big picture or pdf of ALL the known lightsaber hilt designs and blade colors?

It could be a huge thing to see, but that's kind of the fun. I tried doing searches on the web and Wookiepedia for "lightsaber index" with endless results and zero results*, respectively. Maybe I should change the search parameters?

*ok, 1 result. It took me to the lightsaber page and that didn't have what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That'd be tough to do, since often the various artists just drew their own sabers rather than sticking to ones established for that specific character... certain characters had fairly established hilts, tho: Micah Giett (in toy-form, POTJ Plo Koon bore that hilt since he was Micah's best bud), Quinlan Vos, Kol Skywalker, all the Imperial Knights had identical hilts, etc.

Some 'error' examples... Luke's been shown with the wrong hilt in many comics & even some other artwork (hence the Jedi Legacy Evo set with NJO Luke had him sporting a green-bladed ANH/ESB hilt, because the art it was based on wrongly had him wearing that old saber on his belt), the IKs in the new LEGACY (or at least the first arc) had different hilts than they're supposed to (the other other variation we'd really seen beforehand on 'em was blade color, with Marasiah Fel having a blue blade as an apprentice--but whether hers was blue because she was an apprentice or simply because she was royalty was never really explained, AFAIK). Stuff like that.

Reaction score
There are a few with definitive appearances like Toon said...

Imperial Knight lightsaber

Shaak Ti/Barriss Offee style

Plo Koon style

Ki-Adi-Mundi/Saesee Tiin style

Kit Fisto style

Usually the PT Jedi had one of the above hilts (Grievous had most of them plus a few Anakin and Obi-Wan style hilts). The New Jedi Order sabers are much harder to pin down as practically every Jedi had their own individual hilt style (see Kyle Katarn's awesome hilt):

Jaina Solo, Anakin Solo, and Ben Skywalker all seemed to base their saber hilts on Ben Kenobi's lightsaber/Luke's second lightsaber:

Of course, there have been artists who depicted Ben with both an AOTC Obi-Wan style saber, an ROTS Anakin style saber (I think), and an AOTC Anakin style saber, so...there's not much to be said for consistency there. :p

Reaction score
I don't think one exists, but it would be pretty neat if one was established, particularly since I've always wanted to compare the hilts of various Sith Lords.

Reaction score
Hasbro was pretty good about providing some unique hilts for many of the Sith Lords they've made... a Hasbro-centric visual catalog of Darths Bane, Nihilus, Revan, Malak, Malgus, Talon, Nihl, and Krayt would be pretty diverse all on its own (even if you toss in Plagueis, Sidious, Maul, Tyranus, and Vader, too--and Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress, & Tol Skorr)

Reaction score
Hasbro was pretty good about providing some unique hilts for many of the Sith Lords they've made... a Hasbro-centric visual catalog of Darths Bane, Nihilus, Revan, Malak, Malgus, Talon, Nihl, and Krayt would be pretty diverse all on its own (even if you toss in Plagueis, Sidious, Maul, Tyranus, and Vader, too--and Asajj Ventress, Savage Opress, & Tol Skorr)
As a note, Revan's figure came with a lightsaber that was either wrong or at the very least too fat. Malak's looks good, as do Malgus', Krayt's, and Nihl's. I don't have Talon or have an image of her saber from the comics handy, but the toy's IIRC basically looks like Krayt's except darker gray. Nihilus and Bane, I'm not too sure about but Bane should have a curved-hilt saber with a red blade. But if your point is that Hasbro at least made variant hilts for them then yes, you're right, even if they're not entirely accurate.

Reaction score
Yeah, that wasn't so much a note on Hasbro's accuracy, just variety... many of the hilts are pretty puffy in spots, low-detail, etc. But Krayt's & Talon's at least ARE distinct sculpts (notably because Talon's blade is removable, while Krayt's blades aren't)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, that wasn't so much a note on Hasbro's accuracy, just variety... many of the hilts are pretty puffy in spots, low-detail, etc. But Krayt's & Talon's at least ARE distinct sculpts (notably because Talon's blade is removable, while Krayt's blades aren't)
As a note, I hate sabers with removable blades–though the McQuarrie figures were handled pretty well, with the peg on the hilt rather than the blade. The blade-peg ones always snapped too easily.

Reaction score
Agreed...I prefer the "one-piece lit saber & separate pegged hilt for the belt" approach that all too few figures featured, even nowadays.

Reaction score
I know this is a relatively old thread, but I brought the following question up in the recent TRU exclusive Geonosis Battle Arena Jedi 4-Packs w/out any solid leads/answers, thus I figured I would try here, as well: I asked if anyone knew (with any actual/factual certainty) which lightsabers (more specifically: which hilts) each of those 6 Jedi from those sets really had. The set only 2 generic hilts & they simply alternated them from figure to figure.

Movie stills were waaaay too blurry to get any idea, or if the picture even, was clear, the hilts were so far covered by the character's hands that that option was a useless too. The SW Visual Dictionaries weren't any help at all either of the any of those 6 Jedi.

I'm not too deep into EU, but I though that if anybody followed their EU appearances (like in comic books, trading cards, etc), I thought that might not be a bad place to look(I believe Roan Shryne was pretty popular in the EU). So, I hope you all excuse me for bringing forth an old topic, but I felt that this was a decent place to bring this up.

PS--(I know this is more suited in customs threads but) if ANYONE out there has a solid, one piece green bladed saber w/a Plo Koon hilt(see picture above) attached to it, I would gladly compensate them for it. The 2 places where I know for a fact I've seen these available were with 2009's TCW Luminara Unduli single carded#CW30 figure and in the 2002 SAGA "Accessory Set" from AOTC titled "Arena Conflict (with Battle Droid)".

Reaction score
I'm not too deep into EU, but I though that if anybody followed their EU appearances (like in comic books, trading cards, etc), I thought that might not be a bad place to look(I believe Roan Shryne was pretty popular in the EU). So, I hope you all excuse me for bringing forth an old topic, but I felt that this was a decent place to bring this up.
None of them really had any specific lightsabers, but the Roan figure at least came with the wrong one; he should've had a blue blade.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help Revanfan1. Sincerely, thank you.
It may nat seem like much, but a little bit of info here & there can help put somethings together, ya know. So again, thank you brother.

Reaction score
Not to get off topic, but now that we have Roan Shrine. Don't we need Ollee Starstone? :grin:

And thanks for the tip on his Saber, it had been so lone since I read that book. That I had forgotten his Saber color!

Reaction score
I saw a smaller, juvie-type softcover Lightsaber book a few years back, my friend's son had it, and it was really pretty cool for being mainly focused on the films. Had a great fold-out hilt chart, and it's small money online. It's got more of a vertical shape to it, great reference.

Last edited:
Reaction score
See there are good aspects about the EU.

IMO Hilts should be more personalized, based on how the Jedi revere their Saber. "This weapon is your life!"
Not to mention the time and skill they put into building it. So that's why I was always a bit disappointed with the PT hilts all looking so similar.

While I'm sure it's not the Jedi way to use the bones from their kills, or anything like that. But it would be more interesting if there was a more personal story linked to the hilt.
Kind of like if Obi-Wan took one of Grievous eyes, and used it as a button on his Saber...

Last edited:

ZX3

Reaction score
Seemed like this would be the best place to ask this question because games, comics and Clone Wars would make up most of it. It's pretty easy to see all the lightsabers the major characters had in the films. But has anybody put together a big picture or pdf of ALL the known lightsaber hilt designs and blade colors?

It could be a huge thing to see, but that's kind of the fun. I tried doing searches on the web and Wookiepedia for "lightsaber index" with endless results and zero results*, respectively. Maybe I should change the search parameters?

*ok, 1 result. It took me to the lightsaber page and that didn't have what I was looking for.
Try this site-
lightsaberarchives.org.

Reaction score

THAT'S BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

It's not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more along a big PDF of vectors or something. Kinda like NECA did with their Predator figures. Still, that's a great site and I can make one with all that info. Which would be just as fun.

So thanks a bunch man!!