Vintage: What are the 10 most expensive/valuable loose figures?

G

I just started collecting the vintage line not too long ago, and was wondering what would be considered the 10 most valuable vintage figures? I collect loose so carded value doesn't matter, and weird variations and proto's don't count either (although I would like a blue snaggle
I want to get the expensive ones out of the way so I can spend my time finding the more common figures.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: flarida ]

Ty

Reaction score
Vinyl caped Jawa
Blue Snag
Yak Face
Luke Stormtrooper
Han Carbonite
R2 Pop Up Lightsaber
Amanaman
EV9D9
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Dignitary

G

Most expensive

VC jawa
Blue Snaggletooth
DT Luke
Yak Face
Luke Stormtrooper ( a nice one)
amanaman
han carbonite
imperial gunner
r2d2 sensorscope
luke poncho

those are in a general order, Im sure people can argue about the last couple

Least Expensive
Return of the Jedi lame Jabba's Palace figures
Klaatu, Klaatu Skiff, Weequay, Nikto, Admiral Ackbar, etc. there's too many to list. Most Jedi except Luke Jedi and some of the ewoks are pretty cheap. Though the list wouldnt be complete without the Hoth rebel soldier and dengar as too lamers from the ESB line. Taking up the slack for the SW line must be c3p0.

chris

G

OK, not counting minor variations and prototypes, droid or ewoks figures... and in no particular order...

1. Yak Face
2. Blue Snag
3. Luke Stormtrooper
4. Han Carbonite
5. EV 9D9
6. R2 D2 pop-up sabre
7. Amanaman
8. Imperial Gunner
9. Lando General
10. Barada

I don't really bother with Vinyl Cape Jawa even though I finally gave in and bought one a few weeks ago....

jimmyshoes

Reaction score
My rankings (complete in NM condition of course):

1. Ben Kenobi/Darth w/ double telescoping saber
3. Vinyl Cape Jawa
4. Luke w/ double telescoping saber
5. Yak Face/Blue Snaggletooth
7. Amanaman/Han in Carbonite/Luke Stormtrooper
10. R2D2 w/ popup saber

I have a few ties in there for figures that go for similar prices. I'm not so sure about Luke Stormtrooper these days...I used to think he was the second most valuable POTF figure behind Yak Face, but I just sold my extra one and only got $41. It wasn't in great condition, but it was complete and not THAT bad. R2 with the saber seems to be on the rise...complete ones go for $75 and upwards these days. I just auctioned one with a fake saber and still got over $40 for it. Anyone see the rankings differently?
--Phil

Reaction score
I don't know if you should even mention the whole DT Ben Kenobi and DT Darth Vader thing, because the average collector looking to complete a figure run, isn't going to spend $3500+ for a single loose figure.

Variations aside, I think everything mentioned above is pretty much right on the money. The final POTF figure line has the most expensive figures in the collection. Start there and work backwards and you should be in good shape if you want to complete a loose figure collection.

R. Jason Coulston
rjcoulston@home.com

Reaction score
As another UK perspective on this, i'd go with (not counting ANY variations except Blue Snag):-

1. Blue Snaggletooth
2. Yakface
3. Amanaman
4. R2D2 Sabre
5. Luke Stormtrooper
6. Han Carbonite
7. EV9D9
8. Imperial Gunner
9. Lando General
10. Luke Poncho

------------------
Dan Whiteley (UK)
Dannydubs@go.com

Reaction score
what about sise fromm or droids c-3po?
if you check recent ebay auctions c-3po can fetch $75+ and sise fromm $100+

Reaction score
I personally wouldnt count these as part of the original line. They are a seperate line in themselves. Cool(ish) but definitely not for everyone.

I dont think NotTheDroidURLooking4 had these in mind when he posed his original question.

------------------
Dan Whiteley (UK)
Dannydubs@go.com

Reaction score
What are the 10 most expensive figures that you could actually buy in the store including rare variations and foreign figures? How about:

Vlix
DT Ben
DT Vader
DT Luke
VC Jawa
R2 Wind Up
Yak Face
Blue Snagg
Luke Storm
Han Carb

If you include bootleg, you could include Head Man and Blue Stars right above the DT Luke. Any others I'm missing?

Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to say Vlix.

Chris
How much do those loose Uzay average? How about those two carded? There are so few that are actually for sale I haven't been able to pin down a price.

John

------------------
check out my ME page http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/fett-hunter Always looking for *ANY* Biker Scouts (See my want list)

Reaction score
Loose, it's hard to say. I don't ever see any. I do have the Head Man though, but it doesn't have the weapons. I would say Mint and complete, the Head Man would be about $750+ and the Blue Stars would be around $500+. Carded, you can get a mint Blue Stars for $2000 to $2500, but the Head Man there is only one known and a lot of people want it, so I would say it would definitely get $10,000, but could be more like $15,000+.

Chris