Vintage: What are some of the rarer Tri-logo carded figures?

G

Jimmy-Sorry I misunderstodd what you meant, thanks for clearing it up, no hard feelings?

Reaction score
It's been rumored that some Cantina aliens and Power Droid appeared on sample cards, but I'm not sure if that's really true. I doubt it is, but you never know.
-Isaac

Reaction score
Issac's pretty much right. I've heard the Star Destroyer Commander can be found on a Salesman Sample/proof card too but nothing has turned up to prove that (or at least that I have seen.) Also that the figures that were released with Tri Backs only had samples produced with true Tri Logo fronts.

Patm-Looks like some pretty good scores. That Luke Tatooine for $65 sounds like a very good deal. Even though the Nien Nunb's price has dropped its still a rare figure and thats a pretty good price (Considering they used to sell for $300-$400)

G

jimmyshoes-
I dont think it's hilarious! When I started collecting was in 2000! I like TRILOGOs very much and interested in them because they're neat and have some awesome pics and stuff, I actually WANTS everyone to NOT gave a damn about Tri-logos! so that I can buy them all for cheap. The "rare" figures that have been spoken about in this thread is only rare and valuable to people who cares! Yo let most of em go because I thought they looked cheap and tacky compared to the Kenner/Palitoy (single logo) versions????? That's just your opinion, I think they looks great and displays quite nices, somethign different for a change.

Wooooah Guardia, chill out! What I meant was that when I was collecting, there was a ton of Trilogo stuff out there and no-one really cared about it, including me because no-one knew how rare some of the pieces were. My opinion at the time was that they looked cheaper than the Kenner versions and I let a lot of them go. A decision I obviously regret now! What I find hilarious is how ironic the situation is. It's a bit like tomorrow someone suddenly discovering that bend ems are the rarest thing ever!

Number one, I'm not American =) Just happen to settle in the US.
Number two-what do you mean by saying , American collectors have taken an interest in them and discovered that some really are worth bothering about!? R you saying we're wasting our time on these figures that you think are worthless? Well, if that's what you mean and you dont care about trilogos then please stop posting on this thread
-Guardia-

Of course I'm not saying that you are wasting your time collecting Trilogos! Jeez, I wouldn't be a collector myself if I thought that! I just meant that the Star Wars market is primarily led by the American collecting scene and it's only recently that American collectors (natives OR settlers!) have taken an interest in Trilogos. It follows that the rare ones become more publicised and therefore demand increases.

Sorry if you misunderstood what I was trying to say. It's nice to know you're so passionate about what you like!

jimmyshoes

G

BigRed-I just got my hands on a c-8.5 Ewok Warrior! Well it turns out to be Lumat, what a suprise, I have been wondering what that figure is! Do you have any idead why they say Ewok Warrior and not Lumat on the cardback? The carded fig DID say LUMAT but not the carback, weird? Is this guy any rare on your rarity scale for trilogos? Well one hting for sure is that I couldn't find one for the longest time, I was smart enough to trade a $30 fig for it.

Reaction score
Actually the front of the carded figure says "Lumat Ewok Warrior (Figurine Guerriere Ewok)" Its possible the cardback just ommited the first part of the name or didnt have Room for Lumat. I believe Lumat has been refered to in toy literature as simply Ewok Warrior too.

Its an uncommon figure in my scale (basically one step up from common)Typically they show up for $30-$40 in the condition you described.

G

BigRed-thanks for letting me know
thats great, I just got the Sensor scope R2 too, in case fresh c-9.5 shape, what are those doing in great shape nowadays>?

Reaction score
Just to compare the value of Tri-logos 'now and then', about four years ago I paid about £220 ($300) and bought the following on Tri-logos:
Luke Tatooine (brown Hair)
Vader
Original Han
C-3PO Rem Limbs
R2 Sensor
Ben (with unusual dark blue sabre)
Chewie
Yoda (Jedi Master)
Plus a ROTJ desert scene Fett
Plus a plain old Jedi Leia Boussh

All these figures were in 'case fresh' condition, perfect undented bubbles (except the Luke which has a nasty ding in the top corner) & either unpunched or factory punched.
A couple of people had already passed on this collection, as Tri-logo cards weren't rated at the time. Different story these days!!

cake

Reaction score
I havent seen this darker version either. Really neat. BigRed may have some insight on this one.

Chris
Chakaman

G

This darker brown rebel is mentioned in catalogues (Star Heroes Collector, a german publication), on the website of a german collector http://www.stormtrooper.de and can be found in several "loose figure" collections. But I didn´t see one on card before I bought this example on german ebay. By the way, I do live in Germany...

Dax

Reaction score
Hi muju, is that image on the web site yours? If so then glad to see you in the forums as I've bought some cool stuff from you in the past on Ebay

Dax

G

Driley - Hi, yes, I guess you bought a lpc euro Tarkin from me, right? How are you?