Vintage Star Wars Collectors in Iowa?

Reaction score
Hey I dont post here much because im not really into modern stuff but I do collect vintage. Im wondering if there are any other vintage collectors around the area? Im in West Des Moines.

Reaction score
Here! I am very partial to the vintage line. I just wish I had kept those figures in their packages.

Reaction score
Ankeny. I would really like to someday complete my MOC original 12-back Star Wars figs. I am missing a few. My POTF MOC on card collection is coming along nicely though.

Reaction score
Hey Guys:

I too am a vintage collector, albiet a loose vintage collector. I am one figure away from completing my loose collection (POTF Luke w/ Poncho), and just a few vehicles short of the entire collection. I also started with the Droids/Ewoks figures, and I am missing most of those, but am putting a dent in that collection every once in awhile. I went to C3 with the intention of finishing my vintage collection, and although I was very close to finishing it, the prices there were just too high. I thought with all the competition there would be some good prices (I remember prices being much better at C2), but they were outrageous. I saw only 4 or 5 Yak Faces at C3 and the lowest price was $250, and it looked like it had been put through the melting pot. Anyway, as for places around here to purchase vintage, I do not know of any. Sometimes the Brass Armadillo has some things, but usually they are all outrageously priced.

Reaction score
The Brass Armadillo is way over priced indeed. I think I know who you are talking about. They keep raising the rent on the cases, so I kinda understand some of the high prices the dealers have on their figures. Have you ever been to Wizard World in Chicago? I have found some great deals there on both vintage and modern.

Reaction score
Ive scored a few deals there in the past, but like you guys said, they are usually high.

Reaction score
Hello, I mainly collect vintage, but I also collect modern, not everything of coarse, mainly just what I think I need at the time... I'm from the Decorah Area. I have my original collection from childhood, which I kept in excellent shape, and have been adding to it for the last year and a half. I don't really have a focus, just kind of like to see the stuff come and go.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I now live in Omaha, but just moved from Iowa City. Cool to see other collectors in the area...

Reaction score
I dont have a large collecton, I just sold a bunch because I decided to refocus, but heres what I have in my collection at the moment.

Reaction score
If you are western Iowa, there is a shop in Omaha called Krypton comics that has alot of cool vintage stuff. Most is decent priced... Ill get a address up. I know it right off of I-80 and 84th street about a block north in a strip mall by shopko and bakers....

Reaction score
Oh yeah, BTW, i collect vintage... LOL... im looking for a carded ROTJ space scene Fett(kenner), besides the palitoy ones that i already own.... also any of the harder to find carded tri logos ERG, Jawa, Madine, etc (not holding my breath tho.)

Reaction score
Nope im in the middle, in Des Moines. But I would make the trip if it was worth it?

Reaction score
Treasure Chest collectibles in Marion has some vintage stuff in right now. Few vehicles but a decent assortment of complete figures. I trade some loose figs I had for theirs and bought a complete Jabba Playset with box $60. I think I got a good deal there? Anyway, worth checking into.