Vintage Lobby Cards

Reaction score
Back in the early to mid 90s, I bought all six sets of the vintage lobby cards. One 11x14 and one 10x8 set for each movie.

I've been slowly selling off my collection and want to sell these. However, although I'm pretty sure they're authentic, is there any way to be sure? Were the lobby cards ever reproduced or bootlegged?

Reaction score
Back in the early to mid 90s, I bought all six sets of the vintage lobby cards. One 11x14 and one 10x8 set for each movie.

I've been slowly selling off my collection and want to sell these. However, although I'm pretty sure they're authentic, is there any way to be sure? Were the lobby cards ever reproduced or bootlegged?
I need to see pictures...the OT sets should have NSS markings. PT lobby cards were never made.

Reaction score
Here is what I have:

Star Wars 8x10:

These look like they are actually UK lobby cards but the footer doesn't match anything that I've seen online. They are missing a lot of text. These cards are also printed on thinner card stock than the other five sets.

Star Wars 11x14:

Empire Strikes Back 8x10:

Empire Strikes Back 11x14:

Return of the Jedi 8x10:

Return of the Jedi 11x14:

I measured and the 11x14s are 11x14 and the 8x10s are 8x10 and there is no printing on the backs (not sure if there should be or not). I'm pretty worried about the Star Wars 8x10 set but the other five sets seem to look good to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They look okay to me. I've seen faked lobby card sets before, but they were from the mid-90's and were of really, really low quality. These days, there's just not enough interest in lobby cards for someone to go through the trouble to make high quality reproductions. I mean, stranger things have happened but...

-Bobby

Reaction score
Yes there are plenty of Reproduction Lobby cards around. Long before Figures became anything other than a toy to play with , it was Movie posters and Lobby cards that were heavily collected from movies. There were bootlegs being made of both Movie posters and lobby cards as far back as 1977.

Reaction score
rubberlike,

I tried replying to your PM but got the following message:

[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  • rubberlike has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

You may want to delete some PMs.

Reaction score
rubberlike,

I tried replying to your PM but got the following message:

The following errors occurred with your submission

• rubberlike has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

You may want to delete some PMs.

Pepper,

It took me a while to see this and delete PMs but I finally have.

Reaction score
How much are you willing to pay. Star Wars lobbies from the 70’s May go for hundreds of dollars.