Vintage Jabba's Sailbarge Playset questions

Reaction score
I saw this picture of a Jabba's Sailbarge Playset in the "What Kenner Should Have Made" thread in the Vintage forum. I think it was made by a guy named Nik. Though it's no comparison to Wbobfett's amazing Sailbarge project being build right now, I like the vintage feel of this custom playset - especially the use of the base which is similar to the Land of the Jawas base (see below). Though similar, the base on the Sailbarge custom is slightly different from the LOTJ base. Does anyone have any ideas how the custom base was made? Has it been altered with something like Magicsculpt, or maybe made using a vacuum form method? Just curious since I'd like to make something similar.

barge2.jpg
landofthejawas1.jpg

Reaction score
It's hard to tell without seeing the bottom of the base. The easiest way would be to build the new parts with something like Aves Apoxie. You can use a dremel to create the Sarlacc Pit (before starting with the Aves). Once the epoxie has hardened you can use waterproof sandpaper to work on the transitions and make any seams invisible. Prime and spraypaint. You could also use a dremel to hollow out the cured epoxie from the bottom, to make it like a shell, just like the original part of the base. Depends on how far you want to take it. If you really want to go crazy, you can make a mold and cast it in colored plastic, to give it a fully authentic look.

Reaction score
It's hard to tell without seeing the bottom of the base. The easiest way would be to build the new parts with something like Aves Apoxie. You can use a dremel to create the Sarlacc Pit (before starting with the Aves). Once the epoxie has hardened you can use waterproof sandpaper to work on the transitions and make any seams invisible. Prime and spraypaint. You could also use a dremel to hollow out the cured epoxie from the bottom, to make it like a shell, just like the original part of the base. Depends on how far you want to take it. If you really want to go crazy, you can make a mold and cast it in colored plastic, to give it a fully authentic look.

Thank you so much for the great advice! I really need to get going on this.