Vintage: Is Steve Sansweet and Sirstevesguide.com the same person?

Reaction score
Quick question. Is sirstevesguide.com Steve Sansweet's website? I always thought that he was SirSteve. But, I think it was an article in Toyfare that said that the page's owner was a mystery.

Thoughts?

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: flarida ]

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jabba the drunk:
Quick question. Is sirstevesguide.com Steve Sansweet's website? I always thought that he was SirSteve. But, I think it was an article in Toyfare that said that the page's owner was a mystery.

Thoughts?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that provides for a good laugh :^).

No, Sir Steve is not Steve Sansweet. He's Steve Comenzo. I'm not sure if Deja's archives are still accessible, but if they were, you'd be able to dig up some info on Mr. Comenzo via the various Star Wars newsgroups. He used to post to them, under a few different names.
ron

Reaction score
No way! I was really expecting a response like "Well, duh, of course it's Sansweet's website!".

I am (slightly less than) shocked. I'm positive that somewhere I read that it was his website. But their info must have been wrong. I never investigated though. And today the question popped into my mind.

Well, the clues were there I guess. I always figured if it was his website, then he would have galleries of his amazing collection.

Sweet, sweet ignorance.... D'oh!, D'oh!, D'oh!....

Reaction score
Thats wierd, if someone had asked me I would have swore blind that Sir Steve and Steve Sansweet were one and the same. I thought i'd read it, but I must have imagined it like you.

------------------
He's dead, Maul is dead! Dorothy killed him...

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dead maul:
Thats wierd, if someone had asked me I would have swore blind that Sir Steve and Steve Sansweet were one and the same. I thought i'd read it, but I must have imagined it like you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow...that is such a scary assumption. I wonder how many other people think that they are the same person. I would be working hard to avoid that comparison if I were Sansweet.

------------------
Dan W. Flarida
Forum Moderator:
Vintage and Other Collectibles
flarida@collectstarwars.com

www.KennerToys.com

Reaction score
Throw my fedora in the ring with the rest who thought sir steve and Sansweet were one and the same. Great question jabba.
James

Reaction score
So I can stop banging my head against the wall? Others were misinformed too!

I am positive that I had read somewhere on the net that the two were the same. I only wish I remember where. I don't think I would have been so assured in my belief, if I didn't read it somewhere.

Google.com>sirsteve, sansweet...

EDIT: Hey that actually worked!

1.) In French
http://www.chez.com/starwarsempire/francais/liens.html

2.) Last search result seems to link the two, but alas, does not work.

[This message has been edited by jabba the drunk (edited 03-13-2001).]

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vintage SW:
Throw my fedora in the ring with the rest who thought sir steve and Sansweet were one and the same. Great question jabba.
James
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, is this really such a wide spread misconception? I'm amazed....and amused :^).

Sansweet's got a demanding job with Lucasfilm. It's hard for him to find the time to even write collecting books, let alone devote time to maintaining a Hasbro collector site.

ron

Reaction score
I've never once thought these were the same person, but I guess that's because I remember when the real SirSteve was posting in some of the newsgroups.

Sansweet is directly employed within the Star Wars universe while the site in question started as a fan-based thing and grew into what I imagine is a full-time business for him.

Like Dan said earlier, if I were Steve Sansweet, I'd pipe up and make a distinction.

R. Jason Coulston
jcoulston@earthlink.net

[This message has been edited by jcoulston (edited 03-13-2001).]

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vintage SW:
James
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Throw me into that lion's nest, too. I, too, am sure that I heard they were the same guy. I guess somewhere we all read the same mis-info...

I guess the old saying is true: "When you as$ume, you make and @$$ out or U and ME"

[This message has been edited by jediseely (edited 03-13-2001).]

GNT

Reaction score
But the question we have to ask is "Why haven't we seen Steve Sansweet,SirSteve and PodRacer X in the same room before"?

I'm happy,I finally know his real name
(Didn't really care,just wanted to know for the sake of it) Next mission, to find out who JT is (Unless someone wants to email me his name)

GNT

Reaction score
OOPS. Count me in with Jabba the drunk and Deadmaul. We must read the same stuff.

------------------
Brains! Brains for lunch,
Brains for breakfast,
Brains for brunch,
Brains at every single meal,
Why can't we have some GUTS?