Vintage: Have the ROTJ 3-packs ever been found?

Reaction score
I know it's been discussed before, but I was looking through Tomart's Worldwide Guide to Star Wars Collectibles again and I got to thinking about the unreleased ROTJ multi-packs.

There are two proposed ROTJ 3-packs highlighted in that guide (Admiral Ackbar/Leia Boushh/Logray & Biker Scout/Emporer's Royal Guard/Bib Fortuna). Have these ever turned up? Did the photos come from Kenner catalog photography? Have any of the ROTJ 3-pack insert proofs shown up?

I know it's a bad picture, but you can take a look here:

R. Jason Coulston
rjcoulston@home.com

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: flarida ]

Reaction score
Is anybody in possession of the packs that were used for that photography?

For all of their great toys, Kenner never really figured out how to release a nicely themed 3-pack, did they?

Leia as Boushh, Admiral Ackbar, and Logray? How about Luke Jedi, Leia Boushh, and Lando Skiff?

R. Jason Coulston
rjcoulston@home.com

[This message has been edited by jcoulston (edited 06-17-2001).]

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcoulston:
Is anybody in possession of the packs that were used for that photography.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not that I know of. The ones in the photos are just mock-ups. They don't even have bubbles attached to them.
ron

Reaction score
If they were just mock-ups without bubbles attached to them, why did Sansweet give a price for them as if they were produced? You'd think a guy like Steve Sansweet would know better.
Phil

Reaction score
When I asked Tom Tumbusch if they just gave blind, blanket values to things he said "no". I was thinking to myself "yeah, right". I mean they had values for things that hadn't ever been sold on the collectors market that I was aware of. And loads of things that dealers never carried. And things that nobody collects - except for Sansweet and Duncan Jenkins. :^)

However, Tomart did include items here and there that were not available just so they could catch people who were may decide to try and copy their price guide. The research they put into it has a ton of value.

-chris