Vintage Collection Want List

Reaction score
Yes, I'd definitely buy Vader's Tie. I didn't like Hasbro's U-Wing BUT I might even bite for it done that way o-o(or a Blue Squadron X-Wing.. or Both).

Edit (for once!) - and that B-Wing red prototype from Rebels! I know I'm just dreaming here and they won't even release any vehicles but...

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK Here goes. For me the Vintage collection is all about the cards and I'm still hoping to one day complete the original run of figures on their debut vintage cards. We Have had some but not as many as I'd thought as many characters such as Stormtrooper or C-3PO have not been released on a Star Wars card. I'd be happy with some re-packs but some need a major upgrade and some figures such as the Rancor Keeper from Legacy Collection may need to be an exclusive to avoid pegwarming. Bold is new sculpt, normal is straight re-pack. So, the list as I see it is:

Star Wars Card
C-3P0 - Vac metalised
Chewbacca - black series yelling
Death Star Droid - Vac metalised
Hammerhead
Jawa - Black series version
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Outfit - Legacy Collection
Power Droid
R2-D2 - Pick one, Vac metalised dome
Snaggletooth - TVC 3 pack
Stormtrooper - the Rogue One head sculpt showed us what can be done, get it super articulated
Star Destroyer Commander (Death Squad Commander) - Black Series but in a Grey uniform

Empire Card
2-1B Medic Droid
AT-AT Driver - Legacy Collection
Bespin Security Guard mustachioed - Legacy collection body with a New headsculpt
Bespin Security Guard - Sgt Edian Legacy Collection
C-3P0 (with Removable Limbs) - Potentially black series but on the correct cardback
FX-7 - Power of the Jedi
Imperial Commander - Legacy body with a new headsculpt, ideally Piett
Lobot
R2-D2 with Sensorscope - Pick one!
Rebel Commander - Legacy Collection body with a Derlin headsculpt
Ugnaught - Legacy collection Grey tunic

Return of the Jedi Card
Luke Skywalker in Jedi Knight Outfit - so close with the TVC lightsabre construction version but needs the correct cloak and cardback
Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise - Again just needs the correct cardback and if we're being picky a little more height
A-Wing Pilot - Any of the figures from the Legacy sculpt on the correct cardback
8D8
Amanaman
Anakin Skywalker - Sebastian Shaw version all sparkly Glowy!

AT-ST Driver - TVC AT-ST driver 2 pk
Bib Fortuna
Chief Chirpa
Emperor
EV-9D9

General Madine - Still happy with the Saga version but could update the articulation
Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber) - Black Series
Imperial Dignitary - Sim Aloo
Imperial Gunner - Updated articulation to the Saga version
Klaatu (Skiff Guard Outfit)
Luke Skywalker in Battle Poncho - Easy kitbash from existing figures
Paploo - Legacy Collection
Princess Leia Organa in Boushh Disguise - Black Series
R2-D2 with Pop-up Lightsaber - TVC version though possibly a little short
Rancor Keeper - Legacy Collection
Ree-Yees - Black Series
Romba - 30th Anniversary collection
Squid Head
Teebo - Ewok 5pk, though would be a good opportunity to give us that snarling headsculpt
Warok - Legacy Collection
Yak Face
Sy Snootles
Max Rebo
Droopy McCool
Jabba the Hutt - Either Black Series or Shaddows of the Dark Side version in Vintage box with Throne and Salacious Crumb.

I do still open my figures, so those that I don't already have or are new sculpts, I would be buying 2 of as The vintage Collection is the only series I have kept carded in the past. There's many other characters I still want and would prefer that they came on the vintage cardback, but these are the one's I really want and it would see Hasbro make good on a promise they made years ago to see all of the original vintage figures released on Vintage cardbacks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Vader's Tie was in the "parking lot" before they phased out TVC. It could see production if figures sales are satisfying. Hasbro could start slow with only two or three waves in 2018 but rapidly fast track the line if support is there.

Reaction score
OK Here goes. For me the Vintage collection is all about the cards and I'm still hoping to one day complete the original run of figures on their debut vintage cards. We Have had some but not as many as I'd thought as many characters such as Stormtrooper or C-3PO have not been released on a Star Wars card. I'd be happy with some re-packs but some need a major upgrade and some figures such as the Rancor Keeper from Legacy Collection may need to be an exclusive to avoid pegwarming. Bold is new sculpt, normal is straight re-pack. So, the list as I see it is:

Star Wars Card
C-3P0 - Vac metalised
Chewbacca - black series yelling
Death Star Droid - Vac metalised
Hammerhead
Jawa - Black series version
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Outfit - Legacy Collection
Power Droid
R2-D2 - Pick one, Vac metalised dome
Snaggletooth - TVC 3 pack
Stormtrooper - the Rogue One head sculpt showed us what can be done, get it super articulated
Star Destroyer Commander (Death Squad Commander) - Black Series but in a Grey uniform

Empire Card
2-1B Medic Droid
AT-AT Driver - Legacy Collection
Bespin Security Guard mustachioed - Legacy collection body with a New headsculpt
Bespin Security Guard - Sgt Edian Legacy Collection
C-3P0 (with Removable Limbs) - Potentially black series but on the correct cardback
FX-7 - Power of the Jedi
Imperial Commander - Legacy body with a new headsculpt, ideally Piett
Lobot
R2-D2 with Sensorscope - Pick one!
Rebel Commander - Legacy Collection body with a Derlin headsculpt
Ugnaught - Legacy collection Grey tunic

Return of the Jedi Card
Luke Skywalker in Jedi Knight Outfit - so close with the TVC lightsabre construction version but needs the correct cloak and cardback
Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise - Again just needs the correct cardback and if we're being picky a little more height
A-Wing Pilot - Any of the figures from the Legacy sculpt on the correct cardback
8D8
Amanaman
Anakin Skywalker - Sebastian Shaw version all sparkly Glowy!

AT-ST Driver - TVC AT-ST driver 2 pk
Bib Fortuna
Chief Chirpa
Emperor
EV-9D9

General Madine - Still happy with the Saga version but could update the articulation
Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber) - Black Series
Imperial Dignitary - Sim Aloo
Imperial Gunner - Updated articulation to the Saga version
Klaatu (Skiff Guard Outfit)
Luke Skywalker in Battle Poncho - Easy kitbash from existing figures
Paploo - Legacy Collection
Princess Leia Organa in Boushh Disguise - Black Series
R2-D2 with Pop-up Lightsaber - TVC version though possibly a little short
Rancor Keeper - Legacy Collection
Ree-Yees - Black Series
Romba - 30th Anniversary collection
Squid Head
Teebo - Ewok 5pk, though would be a good opportunity to give us that snarling headsculpt
Warok - Legacy Collection
Yak Face
Sy Snootles
Max Rebo
Droopy McCool
Jabba the Hutt - Either Black Series or Shaddows of the Dark Side version in Vintage box with Throne and Salacious Crumb.

I do still open my figures, so those that I don't already have or are new sculpts, I would be buying 2 of as The vintage Collection is the only series I have kept carded in the past. There's many other characters I still want and would prefer that they came on the vintage cardback, but these are the one's I really want and it would see Hasbro make good on a promise they made years ago to see all of the original vintage figures released on Vintage cardbacks

Mick and I approve this list!

C2UTs7q_zpsya09t343.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wonder if people would go for the POTF cardback with coins?

1_zpsrn3ujzaj.jpg

Not only would I go for that, I would even buy PT characters if they came on those cards with a coin. Also how crazy and cool is it, that after 30 years or so the old Kenner Amanaman still holds up so well with modern figures.

Reaction score
Could someone please post a longer list? A few figures I want are missing! :grin:

Reaction score
Not only would I go for that, I would even buy PT characters if they came on those cards with a coin. Also how crazy and cool is it, that after 30 years or so the old Kenner Amanaman still holds up so well with modern figures.

Actually ManaMana on this card and coin would be an awesome mail away gimmick ! That and Yak Face !

Reaction score
Not sure I can handle all the moaning and groaning from "Star Wars fans" when their impossible expectations are not met. I'm glad people are excited, but how do you go from "Hasbro is the worst and they need to lose the license and they have intentionally killed the line and I'm quitting" to "Hasbro's totally back and we absolutely should expect our wildest dreams to come true so thanks Hasbro for making background alien number 7 in the first wave"?

I want all the characters to get their figures too... but pump the brakes. I expect Hasbro will bring it back in 2018 and collectors will immediately be unhappy that "their favorite choice" didn't get made first.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are very few figures left (that I think they might make) that I would want to spend money on. There are some upgrades to figures that could be made, but I'm not really interested in another main character unless they've never been made... like TFA Luke. The new movies will continue to get characters, and it will be interesting what gets made for TFA, RO, etc. going forward.

**when I say 'that I think they might make' I'm referring to Legends EU figures mostly. I'd buy them, but they aren't happening. I also doubt we'll ever get too deep into Jabba's Palace, Outlander patrons, Maz's castle, or the cantina... but we could still get a few. I'd say it's shocking we've gotten as many as we have.

Reaction score
My wild guess is that they will try to liquidate the BS figures that they have stock on at the moment. Case in Point Rey vintage is a repack from BS. We may see this for a while. I applaud them for asking what people want so that everybody gets a fair shot at what they want even if it does not get made. At least they had a say. I also believe that every wave should have a fan choice to get even more chances to see your figure made.

Like a posted my only "real concern" is price and i have voiced my opinion of it. Other than that i think whatever may come out of this will make a lot of people happy. If the waves have decent amount of characters, is well distributed and well done then everybody will win. Hasbro may redeem themselves and actually extend their license beyond 2020 if they can deliver. Celebration was like an awakening of Hasbro. For the last 5 years it was disappointment after disappointment and at the least weekend, they have unveiled to many interesting stuff that will affect a large range of people which surprised me. Giving themselves a year of lead time also suggest that they may be very serious at having a good amount out everywhere and not sparse distribution like in the last 5 years.

I think they finally decided to take the bull by the horns and decided to wrestles it down and become a winning company again. Time will tell.

Reaction score
My list is rather long as well... but this is the only line I'm collecting... so what the hay!

Star Wars...
honestly.. I'd like to see all of the first 20 done (obviously some can be straight reissues... some need to redone from scratch)
Red Leader (Garvin Dreis)
Luke (Stormtrooper)
Han (Stormtrooper)
Cantina Musician
Imperial Officer

Empire... (some straight reissues.. some need a redo)
Leia (Bespin Escape)
Lando Calrissian
Lobot
Ugnaught
Bespin Security Guard
Hoth Rebel Soldier (desperately needs to reissued!!)
Toryn Farr
FX-7
2-1B
At-At Driver
Imperial Officer (Piett)
Yoda (full redo... that last one was an abomination!)

Jedi... (some reissues.. some redo's)
The Emperor
Sim Aloo
Yak Face
Bib Fortuna
Squid Face
Barada
Klaatu (Skiff Guard)
A-Wing Pilot (the new one that got shelved)
Leia Endor gear
Teebo

The Force Awakens...
reissue the 8 Walmart exclusives
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo (Leather Jacket)
Snap Wexley
Nien Numb
General Hux
Tie Fighter Pilot
Snowtrooper

Rogue One...
reissue the 4 Walmart exclusives (I haven't even seen them in person yet!)
Chirrut Imwa
Baze Malbus
Bodhi Rook
K-2SO
Orson Krennick
General Antoc Merrick
Admiral Raddus
Rebel Commando

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, the list could get pretty long with all the new films. For me, my #1 want is an updated Piett. I'd also like to see them use the BAD protocol droid body for a new C-3PO. Lots of RO figures that should be made as well. The possibilities are almost endless with tons of new mains, troopers, and backgrounders from all of the new films as well as stuff from the older films, like Sim Aloo.

I'd also welcome some decent vehicles, like Vader's TIE.

Reaction score
My list is rather long as well... but this is the only line I'm collecting... so what the hay!

Star Wars...
honestly.. I'd like to see all of the first 20 done (obviously some can be straight reissues... some need to redone from scratch)
Red Leader (Garvin Dreis)
Luke (Stormtrooper)
Han (Stormtrooper)
Cantina Musician
Imperial Officer

Empire... (some straight reissues.. some need a redo)
Leia (Bespin Escape)
Lando Calrissian
Lobot
Ugnaught
Bespin Security Guard
Hoth Rebel Soldier (desperately needs to reissued!!)
Toryn Farr
FX-7
2-1B
At-At Driver
Imperial Officer (Piett)
Yoda (full redo... that last one was an abomination!)

Jedi... (some reissues.. some redo's)
The Emperor
Sim Aloo
Yak Face
Bib Fortuna
Squid Face
Barada
Klaatu (Skiff Guard)
A-Wing Pilot (the new one that got shelved)
Leia Endor gear
Teebo

The Force Awakens...
reissue the 8 Walmart exclusives
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo (Leather Jacket)
Snap Wexley
Nien Numb
General Hux
Tie Fighter Pilot
Snowtrooper

Rogue One...
reissue the 4 Walmart exclusives (I haven't even seen them in person yet!)
Chirrut Imwa
Baze Malbus
Bodhi Rook
K-2SO
Orson Krennick
General Antoc Merrick
Admiral Raddus
Rebel Commando
Nice list, but if we get all these re-releases, the line is going to fail instantly.

Reaction score
For the people who are expecting 40-50 figures per year with all these OT and background characters, be prepared to get highly disappointed. Because sadly, this line will be no different than the Black Series other than the fact that it's not a Walmart exclusive. We'll get about 10-15 figures per year with lots of repacks sprinkled in. Hasbro can't afford to do a huge 3.75" line anymore. And the blame is on none other than Disney. When Disney bought Lucasfilm, the licensing fees went way up and Hasbro's Star Wars team was replaced for the most part, causing the line to go downhill. I used to blame Hasbro 100%, but lately it has come to my attention that the people at Disney are just money *****s. Each day I get more angered by by Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm, because had that not happened we'd see all the Star Wars movies in 3D, The Clone Wars would probably not have been cancelled, and most importantly we would have an adequate toyline. Just imagine what the 40th anniversary line would have been like had Disney not interfered with the Star Wars franchise! The same thing happened with the Marvel line. Disney bought Marvel, and fees went up and the toyline took a major toll. And I also worry about what will happen with the Indiana Jones toyline when Indy 5 comes out. I remember all those figures for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. They were magnificent figures that came with great sculpts and paint, loads of accessories, and a very affordable price point. But since Disney owns the rights now, that line will become a living nightmare. Hasbro doesn't need to lose the license, because when they're able to, they make some GREAT figures. Disney just needs to stop buying everything.

Reaction score
For the people who are expecting 40-50 figures per year with all these OT and background characters, be prepared to get highly disappointed. Because sadly, this line will be no different than the Black Series other than the fact that it's not a Walmart exclusive. We'll get about 10-15 figures per year with lots of repacks sprinkled in. Hasbro can't afford to do a huge 3.75" line anymore. And the blame is on none other than Disney. When Disney bought Lucasfilm, the licensing fees went way up and Hasbro's Star Wars team was replaced for the most part, causing the line to go downhill. I used to blame Hasbro 100%, but lately it has come to my attention that the people at Disney are just money *****s. Each day I get more angered by by Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm, because had that not happened we'd see all the Star Wars movies in 3D, The Clone Wars would probably not have been cancelled, and most importantly we would have an adequate toyline. Just imagine what the 40th anniversary line would have been like had Disney not interfered with the Star Wars franchise! The same thing happened with the Marvel line. Disney bought Marvel, and fees went up and the toyline took a major toll. And I also worry about what will happen with the Indiana Jones toyline when Indy 5 comes out. I remember all those figures for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. They were magnificent figures that came with great sculpts and paint, loads of accessories, and a very affordable price point. But since Disney owns the rights now, that line will become a living nightmare. Hasbro doesn't need to lose the license, because when they're able to, they make some GREAT figures. Disney just needs to stop buying everything.

We agree, but Hasbro might be trying to make it right to us now. I have a sneaking suspicion that something else was going on all along that no one knew about that was stopping TVC from coming back. What if the reason was simply something called "Walmart".

Hear me out: seeing the recent dramatic price cuts at Walmart which they never did before i have a gut feeling that Walmart's exclusivity time is coming to an end at the end of this year. Maybe "parts" of the black series was a deal done with them at the time to ensure that they would get a bigger piece of the pie and that is coming to an end leaving room now for something else. Remember , black series popped out of the blue and now liquidations as major as this happen for a reason and i think this is the reason. Walmart's part of the black series is done. That is why they said that TVC will be everywhere. In the past TVC would have been a subline of the black series. I don't think this is gonna be the case now.

Reaction score
We agree, but Hasbro might be trying to make it right to us now. I have a sneaking suspicion that something else was going on all along that no one knew about that was stopping TVC from coming back. What if the reason was simply something called "Walmart".

Hear me out: seeing the recent dramatic price cuts at Walmart which they never did before i have a gut feeling that Walmart's exclusivity time is coming to an end at the end of this year. Maybe "parts" of the black series was a deal done with them at the time to ensure that they would get a bigger piece of the pie and that is coming to an end leaving room now for something else. Remember , black series popped out of the blue and now liquidations as major as this happen for a reason and i think this is the reason. Walmart's part of the black series is done. That is why they said that TVC will be everywhere. In the past TVC would have been a subline of the black series. I don't think this is gonna be the case now.
You very well might be right, but I think in order for them to do that and make things right, they would need to phase out the 5POA and put that budget towards TVC, which I don't think they will do that. It would also help if they phased out the "shampoo bottle" 12" figures, because there is NO WAY they are selling even remotely well.

Reaction score

I think you're on to something. I think the exclusive contract is coming to an end and that's why TVC can come back in 2015. They probably offered WM a 2.5 year deal until the end of 2017 and in 2018 these SA figures can be sold anywhere. So, Hasbro "changes" the packaging as well.

Reaction score
Trying to keep it somewhat realistic and not including the inevitable repacks--

TFA and RO
Chirrut Imwe
Baze Malbus
Bodhi Rook
K-2SO
Director Krennick
Admiral Raddus
Saw Gerrera
Luke Skywalker
Han Solo (leather jacket and properly painted hair)
General Leia Organa
Maz
General Hux
Poe Dameron (leather jacket)

OT
The Emperor
Admiral Piett
Tzvzzt (there's no way I spelled that right)
Bespin Escape Leia
Captain Antilles
Vintage tribute grey Imperial Navy Commander

Also, I'm terrible at remembering the names of the Cantina aliens and Jabba goons, but I'll take just about any of them.

And here's a list of figures I'd personally love but am pretty sure we'll never actually see--

Owen and Beru (ANH)
Jaxxon
Admiral Motti
General Dodonna
Anakin Skywalker (Sebastian Shaw, ROTJ)

The Modal Nodes

Reaction score
5 POA is still going to be the main line of basic figures. They will always need an affordable line for kids, gift givers, and casual fans. People need to check their expectations - TVC isnt likely to be much more than a rebranding of TBS. They mentioned we'll see 4 OT characters, so these wishlists are far too optimistic. Likewise, I doubt they'll revisit too many characters from TFA & RO.

Reaction score
All figures SA, of course. This could get a little long...

-Captain Panaka - THE PHANTOM MENACE
-Queen Amidala (SA Theed Battle) - THE PHANTOM MENACE

-Senator Padme Amidala (Palpatine's office) - ATTACK OF THE CLONES
-Cliegg Lars - ATTACK OF THE CLONES
-Dexter Jettster (SA) - ATTACK OF THE CLONES
-
Boba Fett - ATTACK OF THE CLONES
-Nute Gunray - ATTACK OF THE CLONES

-Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious (SA Office duel) - REVENGE OF THE SITH
-BD-3000 Droid - REVENGE OF THE SITH
-Cin Drallig - REVENGE OF THE SITH
-Nute Gunray - REVENGE OF THE SITH
-Darth Vader (medical capsule) - REVENGE OF THE SITH
-Senator Amidala (declaration of the Empire) - REVENGE OF THE SITH
-Emporer Palpatine (red robes, declaration of the Empire) - REVENGE OF THE SITH

-Jyn Erso (Jedha) - ROGUE ONE
-Cassian Andor (Jedha) - ROGUE ONE
-K-2SO - ROGUE ONE-Director Krennic - ROGUE ONE-Bodhi Rook - ROGUE ONE-Saw Gerrera - ROGUE ONE
-Chirrut Imwe - ROGUE ONE
-Baze Malbus - ROGUE ONE
-Sgt. Melshi - ROGUE ONE
-General Draven - ROGUE ONE
-Mon Mothma - ROGUE ONE
-Bail Organa - ROGUE ONE
-General Dodonna - ROGUE ONE
-General Merrick - ROGUE ONE
-Admiral Raddus - ROGUE ONE-Shoretrooper Squad Leader - ROGUE ONE-Captain Oquone (Lightbringer Captain)- ROGUE ONE
-Captain Antilles - ROGUE ONE

to be continued...

As before, all figures are SA or with APPROPRIATE levels of articulation. Continuing on...

-Princess Leia Organa - A NEW HOPE-CZ-1 - A NEW HOPE
-GNK Droid (Lars family homestead) - A NEW HOPE
-Owen Lars - A NEW HOPE
-Liri'n Carn (Bith in the Cantina who's NOT in the band) - A NEW HOPE
-Solomahal - A NEW HOPE
-Captain Khurgee - A NEW HOPE
-Chewbacca (Imperial captive) - A NEW HOPE
-Theron Nett (Red 10) - A NEW HOPE

-Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force Spirit on Hoth) - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Hoth Rebel Commander (Kenner vintage style) - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Imperial Officer hologram (Asteroid victim) - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Admiral Ozzel - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Admiral Piett - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Lando Calrissian (with removable cloak) - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Princess Leia Organa (Cloud City escape) - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Bespin Guard (vintage card guard with beard) - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
-Luke Skywalker (Bespin duel - battle damaged) - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

-Emporer Palpatine - RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Giant Mouse Droid - RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Shasa Tiel - RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Geezum - RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary) - RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Nik Sant (Rebel Commando) - RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Princess Leia (Endor battle gear w/ speeder bike Deluxe set) - RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Luke Skywalker (Endor battle gear w/ speeder bike Deluxe set) - RETURN OF THE JEDI

-Poe Dameron (Jakku) - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Lor San Tekka - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-FN-2187 - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-First Order Stormtrooper (heavy gunner with mega blaster) - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-First Order Flametrooper - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-First Order TIE Pilot - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-General Hux - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Bobajo - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Athgar Heece - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Supreme Leader Snoke (hologram) - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Han Solo - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Bazine Netal - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Grumgar - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-ME-8D9 - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Hurid 327 - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-General Leia Organa - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Kylo Ren (unmasked)- THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Rey (Starkiller base w/ Stormtrooper blaster, lightsaber) - THE FORCE AWAKENS
-Luke Skywalker (Ahch-To) - THE FORCE AWAKENS

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm hoping we'll see some much needed upgrades to PT Jedi like Adi-Gallia, Depa Billabe, Saesee Tiin, Ki-Adi, Evan Piell and Eeth Koth. Really hoping for Cin Drallig too, and some CW characters like the Deathwatch and Commander Wolf and a trooper from his battallion.

Anyhow, just happy it's back.

Reaction score
I'd really like them to do a new Bespin Escape Leia:

The last one was in 2001? Hasbro could even kitbash this figure quite easily using a repaint of the Black Series Hoth Leia, with new legs and the Bespin Gown Leia head.

8Fzjt57h.jpg

its a popular misconception that you could modify a Hoth Leia for a great Bespin Escape Leia. The figures are too different. I would love to see a Leia Bespin Escape on a Vintage Card. How cool would that be.

Last edited:
Reaction score
its a popular misconception that you could modify a Hoth Leia for a great Bespin Escape Leia. The figures are too different. I would love to see aLeia Bespin Escape on a Vintage Card. How cool would that be.

The Toryn Farr body is better suited to this. The color of the outfit is off, and the lower legs would need to be re-done. But I've been working on trying to do that kit-bash myself. I just need to come up with a spare Bespin Leia head to get it right.

Reaction score
Nice list, but if we get all these re-releases, the line is going to fail instantly.

well, when it comes to The Force Awaken figures repacks.. I agree. I'd reissue them slowly.. like 2 to a case...

When Spring 18' rolls around .. In a case of 12 I'd go (4 original trilogy, 4 split between TFA & Rogue One, 4 for The Last Jedi)

\

Reaction score
The Toryn Farr body is better suited to this. The color of the outfit is off, and the lower legs would need to be re-done. But I've been working on trying to do that kit-bash myself. I just need to come up with a spare Bespin Leia head to get it right.
I agree, the colour is wrong and the lower legs are totally wrong. But the main issue is the torso isn't sculpted to look right without the vest. Therefore is just totally doesn't work for a Bespin Escape Leia. Compare a Hoth Leia without the vest with the POTJ Bespin Escape Leia and you will see what I mean.

Reaction score
The return of Vintage has got me really excited. There are a lot of sub categories that I would love to get to, and I really hope they do. But I guess its a little much to expect all of them really. Here are some categories I would like them to focus on, and the chances of them doing them.

1 Original 12

4887fc90919575c1890ce93ae9686820.jpg

Top of my wish list is clear. I would love to see them put out ALL Original 12 allowing people to buy this subset. All ANH cards only. Of course the thing is with an Original 12 set, is its all or nothing. They have to do the whole set. They are currently doing this with 6" and I think its a great idea, but I would love to see it done with 3 3/4.

Chances of being made: Med/Low To use up 12 figure spots seems pretty recently seems unlikely. The difficulty is this sub-section is the only one that has a defined complete set, there is no freedom and flexibility, and the chances of them getting to all 12 isnt great. The only way I could see this happening is
as a retailer exclusive to sell as a complete set. I could see someone like Amazon/EE do this (pretty please). They rereleased a lot of these figures in the VOTC era, but they arent all on ANH cards, and they didnt do Jawa and Death Star Trooper.

2 Never Before Made Figures

HASBRO_TVC_VC98_GRAND-MOFF-TARKIN-35.jpg

WEDGE_ANTILLES-35.jpg

One thing I really loved a lot about the last Vintage run was seeing some classic OT characters on Vintage cards for the first time ever. Figures that didnt come out in the Oriniginal Vintage line. This was so cool and I hope we get more of this. Good examples of this might be Vedain, Leia Bespin Escape, Luke Bespin beatup, Barada Blue Pants, Fozec, Tayn Dren etc etc.

Chances of being made: Very High. Its pretty much definite that they will do some at least. Last time around they did a lot. This time I wouldnt expect nearly as many, and maybe not many of the obscure backgrounders? But they should do some primary OT characters that haven't been made on Vintage cards before? Leia Bespin Escape, Cantina Band Member, Luke Bespin Beat Up and R2 Sensorscope (BTW which they have never made at all in modern line) would be a great one to do.

3. TFA

FullSizeRender.jpg

It will be great to see some new films characters on the old card style. I am sure TFA figures will be limited in 2018, but we know of at least 1, and its likely there will be a few others as well.....

Chances of being made: Definite.

4. R1

Deathtrooper_2.jpg

The great thing about new films is all these new main characters. You cant beat the Vintage cards and it will be so good to see some new stuff.

Chances of being made: Very High.
Its a safe bet to assume there will be some R1 figures in the Vintage line. Personally I would like all main 6, and I do think that might to be too much to expect, but I would bet that they will do at least Jyn, Cassian and K2.

image credit -
Dark_Jedi

5. TLJ/Han Solo

star-wars-the-last-jedi-trailer-4-rey.jpg

han-solo-cast-photo.jpg

We will see a lot of these figures in 2018

Chances of being made: Very High.
I am sure this material will make up the bulk of 2018's offerings and rightly so.

6. OT Gaps

POTF_Imperial_Dignitary.jpg

vintage-star-wars-carded-21-back-death-squad-commander-afa-13055294_1.jpg

There arent many vintage figures that they havent made in the modern line, but there are a few and it would be good to get them ticked off.

Chances of being made: Low.
These are very obscure figures and it seems like Hasbro dont actually even know what has is still on this list and why (its complicated). I would be very surprised to see some of the more obscure ones done. But they might get to Sim Aloo and Death Squad Commander.

7 Never made before OT figures

jabba3_zpsb63d50ce.jpg

There are still lots of figures that havent been made such as Fozec, Tayn dren, Vedain etc etc. Although it this point they are pretty obscure, especially to casual buyers. It is always great when Hasbro delivers these and we might see one or two on a Vintage card?

Chances of being made: Med.
I wouldnt expect many, but we might get one or two.

image credit - localgotal
8 Rebels/EU/PT

Chopper_Front_-_New.jpg

With Rebels still running and a lot of other material out there, there is a lot of possibility.

Chances of being made: Heck no! I hope not ;)

Haha, no offense but I am primarily an OT only guy......

image credit -
Dark_Jedi

Last edited:
Reaction score
You guys are so on this!
I really like the idea of going back and getting the very best versions of everyone back out on these cards regardless of source material or source toy line.

And then get the glaring omissions from that set like a ESB Lando with the right cape and BJ Elbows. There are a lot of Main characters outfits that haven't been done definitive yet that would fill the marketing wieners need for main anchors in every wave that we could also get excited about.

Reaction score
The real problem is space allocation, where do they find room in a wave for character ''X''? With new movies every year, getting older updates seems almost unrealistic.
Sure there's plenty of downtime, we've seen months of nothing. But I doubt it will be filled up just because of this slight infusion. There's still a budget, and a choice to what gets made. That's why I liked the hiatus between movies. Sure, 3 years was maybe too much. But it gave them the time to plan for "filler" waves, that included these updates as well as repacks. I just don't think they have the window needed, or the ability to be that strategic. With Rogue One, there was a window. And maybe even with Han Solo. But the ST is very different, as there's nothing to "update" yet. Nor really repack. I'm actually curious if they plan to stop releasing "Ford" Han Solo figures once the new guy takes over, same with Lando? Or are we going to get Han Solo next to Han Solo?

I definitely think they have their work cut out for them, if they want to do it right that is. Maybe they could go back to themed waves. so that we could get one movie out of the way each time. Say for ROTJ we get Yak Face, Shasa Tiel, Piett, Tessek, Major Haash'n and the Emperor?

Reaction score
Every single character from Jabba's Palace, Except for the ones like Slave Leia, Lando, Luke, Han, Boba, Jabba etc.... Excluding Bib Fortuna if you were to count him or at least the ones we've never gotten, though i would like an updated Yak Face and vintage sy snootles as well as alien we've gotten before. If I had to choose one I would choose either Shasa Tiel (Palace Ishi Tib, she loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong overdue) or Cane Adiss, I'm still debating on which one to choose for the Vintage Collection vote. Oh and I wouldn't mind a Episode 3 Nute Gunray, I expected that to come out in the Revenge Of The Sith line.

Agreed 1,000%!!

Reaction score
I am really hoping for a good mix of classic, modern media and animation characters. There should be room in this line to hit some of those untouched Kenner do-overs, revamp or repack some perennial favourites, and give us genuine newness from current films and tv. let's have our inevitable main characters, but I sincerely hope Hasbro throws in some background flavour, including lots of droids, aliens and troopers. I see diversity as the key to the line's longevity.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The real problem is space allocation, where do they find room in a wave for character ''X''? With new movies every year, getting older updates seems almost unrealistic.
Sure there's plenty of downtime, we've seen months of nothing. But I doubt it will be filled up just because of this slight infusion. There's still a budget, and a choice to what gets made. That's why I liked the hiatus between movies. Sure, 3 years was maybe too much. But it gave them the time to plan for "filler" waves, that included these updates as well as repacks. I just don't think they have the window needed, or the ability to be that strategic. With Rogue One, there was a window. And maybe even with Han Solo. But the ST is very different, as there's nothing to "update" yet. Nor really repack. I'm actually curious if they plan to stop releasing "Ford" Han Solo figures once the new guy takes over, same with Lando? Or are we going to get Han Solo next to Han Solo?

I definitely think they have their work cut out for them, if they want to do it right that is. Maybe they could go back to themed waves. so that we could get one movie out of the way each time. Say for ROTJ we get Yak Face, Shasa Tiel, Piett, Tessek, Major Haash'n and the Emperor?

Exactly! There just isnt the room for many figures that arent from current material and 2018 will be so much busier than ever with TLJ still current and then Han Solo just arriving. There wont be many non TLJ & Han figures I bet. A handful of OT, R1 and TFA is all they will have room for I suppose? If I were to guess I would say we would be lucky to get Rey, Finn, Poe, Ren and Luke from TFA? Maybe they will do Jyn, Cassian and K2 from R1? And a few OT figures?

R1 is an interesting subject. I guess they will view R1 as a safe bet for sales because its so current. But yet since those figures are so recent they may not want to revisit figures they have just done, so maybe they wont do the big three, maybe they'll go for some new ones? My money would be on Jyn and Cassain in different outfits and a battle damaged K2.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am really hoping for a good mix of classic, modern media and animation characters. There should be room in this line to hit some of those untouched Kenner do-overs, revamp or repack some perennial favourites, and give us genuine newness from current films and tv. let's have our inevitable main characters, but I sincerely hope Hasbro throws in some background flavour, including lots of droids, aliens and troopers. I see diversity as the key to the line's longevity.

we have to remember that the last toy release year gave us what 4 waves? around 25 figures? We can assume that 2017/18 will be the same, and almost all will be TLJ figures. Doesnt leave many slots for classic stuff?

Reaction score
5 POA is still going to be the main line of basic figures. They will always need an affordable line for kids, gift givers, and casual fans. People need to check their expectations - TVC isnt likely to be much more than a rebranding of TBS. They mentioned we'll see 4 OT characters, so these wishlists are far too optimistic. Likewise, I doubt they'll revisit too many characters from TFA & RO.

Gotta agree with this. I'd be very. very surprised (but happy for those that want them) if obscure Jabba's Palace alien #243 ends up getting made. I believe we'll see repacks of TFA/R1 Black Series figures and then a similar amount of new figures for the new films while 5POA continues as the main line. We will at least see better distribution!

JVM

Reaction score
Just noting it would be really easy for Hasbro to re-scale some of the better 6" figures - especially the realistic Star Wars Rebels figures. I would kill to see that Hera in 3 3/4".

Reaction score
I agree, the colour is wrong and the lower legs are totally wrong. But the main issue is the torso isn't sculpted to look right without the vest. Therefore is just totally doesn't work for a Bespin Escape Leia. Compare a Hoth Leia without the vest with the POTJ Bespin Escape Leia and you will see what I mean.

Exactly. That is the main problem with trying to use the Hoth Leia as a Bespin Escape Leia.

Reaction score
Just noting it would be really easy for Hasbro to re-scale some of the better 6" figures - especially the realistic Star Wars Rebels figures. I would kill to see that Hera in 3 3/4".

Agreed love some realistic rebels. Also they could re scale that awesome looking Tarkin.