Vintage 80s snake? (identification needed)

Reaction score
Not GI joe, did wheeled warriors has a snake input? Looks like it plugs into something.

Reaction score
I don't believe I owned any Wheeled Warriors. I thought it might have come from a fantasy line, like MOTU or Blackstar, but I'm not finding a match. I even uploaded it to google, and there wasn't anything similar, toy related - it just showed me gold artifacts, jewelry, etc. If it helps, its soft rubber, but not a bend-em.

Reaction score
Thanks for continuing the search - I really think this has to be vintage, from the 80s / 90s because it was in a bin of toys from that era, and remained untouched as far as I know. I did own King Hiss as a kid, but it was the 80s version, I never purchased any modern MOTU figures. Its really become a bit of a mystery, as I've asked a number of collectors, and they couldn't ID it either.

Reaction score
You definately have a 80/vintage version. My pictures were the modern version, because that's all I had time to find. But following the character will likely give you the answer you seek.

Reaction score
I’ve thought about this off and on ever since you first posted it (and looked for a few hours back in October one night), but I haven’t found anything. The little greeblies in the folds on the sides should be a good clue (it’s both fantasy and sci-fi, if you will).

Utinniii

Reaction score
Google toy catalogues, brands, store displays and collections and see if anything sparks a memory. Also it is fun.

There was a toy line that looks similar in style to it. I don't remember the line, or if it had snakes in it.
I had a dragon which came with a 5-6" figure of a knight. it had helicopter wings and could be fired up into the air and it would whirlie down.
EDIT: Dragon Flyz, and nope,
x2: Do you have a sister? If it wasn't He man, could it have been from Golden Girls or she ra?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I looked for a LONG time. Sometimes, if I’m needing some to do to relax, I’ll look again! It is fun! 😜.

But I do wish someone would find it.

Reaction score
I did have some She Ra figures, but I don't think this was from that line either. I showed it to someone that owns a vintage toy store, and he couldn't ID it either, but he said by the looks of it, that it is most likely 90s, not 80s.

Reaction score
I also spent a good hour + hunting online for this - it feels so familiar. I did discover there are an unnerving amount of snakeesque robots used in surgery 😱😂

Reaction score
This has become a minor obsession for me. I REALLY wish that someone could solve it.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I've been meaning to bring a photo of that other figure to a toy convention and ask around. When everything opens up again I'll try to remember to add a photo of this.

I never collected cars but I remember often seeing accessories that I wanted (usually dinos or monsters).
I never collected wrestling either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've sent this photo to about a half dozen of my childhood friends, including that one kid who got EVERY toy (always jealous of the basement battles: Thundercats Lair on one side, Castle Greyskull on the other with AT-ATs and Joes patrolling the middle).

Maybe this snake is proof of parallel universe theory! @darth_sidious you wouldn't remember a President Mondale when you got this by chance?

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't recall Mondale, did he serve before Supreme Chancellor Dan Quayle?

I'm frankly surprised it hasn't rung any bells - I know a fair bit about toys from the 80s-90s myself, but I thought surely there would be a few more here that are bordering on expert level. I imagine it must be pretty obscure, if it were from a major franchise, we'd have an answer by now.

Reaction score
I was fairly sure it was a king hsss snakehead just painted with silver in part

definatly a Mattel vibe to it. Would be easier if we had another picture to show scale

Reaction score
Found this on the Walmart website, they look like they could be related. This is a 2020 toy though! Perhaps mine is a prototype from 20 years ago?

Reaction score
It would REALLY help if you could post the item next to something recognizable, like a Star Wars figure. I know you provided scale, but I need some better visual context! I think it’s ‘90s.

Reaction score
Found this on the Walmart website, they look like they could be related. This is a 2020 toy though! Perhaps mine is a prototype from 20 years ago?
I had just seen one of these in my local Star Wars aisle. It was my first thought when I saw your first post, “Phhh I got this! It was the toy that inspired that McFarlane snake thing.” Boy was I wrong. Fast forward way too many hours looking online, through old Sears wishbooks, heck I even Photoshopped out your background and did extensive Google image searches. 🤪

Last edited:
Reaction score
The people here on this forum are as likely to know as just about anyone. Most of us have spent our whole lives handling stuff like this. Someone here must know!

Reaction score
Wow, you weren’t kidding about the size! I almost feel like it might not even be a figure thing. It might be a full-size accessory, like from a set of fantasy bow/arrow or laser gun type pack. Never mind—it’s definitely from figures. But it’s got to be from something we’re not used to. Maybe like from some kind of remote-control truck thing or whatnot. I’m going to keep looking.

Reaction score
The only marking is a number 2 on the tail - no year, manufacturer, or COO.

Reaction score
Given the design it could be to a hot wheels matchbox playset with multiple snake heads Medusa?

Reaction score
Since it’s not my item I don’t want to be presumptuous and post it but maybe ask Reddit: r/whatisthisthing

Reaction score
By all means, if you feel it will render an answer, post it wherever. I don't have a reddit account myself. Someone else said they were going to post it on another forum, but I haven't heard back yet.

Reaction score
Thanks to the hints from @Utinniii, we now have an answer, I picked it up immediately because my younger brother had a number of Max Steel figures. At some point, he must have put this accessory in the bin with my old toys! No wonder I didn't recognize it - it was never mine! The only downside, its actually a pretty cool looking toy, lol - but since it wasn't mine from the 80s, I'll have to remove it from the shelf and pick another stand-in!

Utinniii

Reaction score
I guess that snake was packed into more than one figure. My clues were for the super spit constrictor!

We still need to identify that purple guy from 3 years ago.

Reaction score
I guess that snake was packed into more than one figure. My clues were for the super spit constrictor!

We still need to identify that purple guy from 3 years ago.
Yes indeed, I spotted a picture of the actual figure my brother owned (that also came with the python), and I immediately remembered that he had a few of these. Oddly enough, its now an expensive item, especially if boxed.

What is this purple guy you speak of?