Vintage 2019 Figure Want List

Reaction score
I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it here. 18 months from start to finish for a figure - straight from Hasbro.

That means if we get figures in Sept 2018... they started that wave of figures LAST MONTH!!! Just like with TFA, we couldn't see anything from TLJ yet but you know they have figures for that movie as well as the Han Solo movie (although those figures could be fewer like Rogue One). Han Solo is scheduled for May 2018 and Episode IX is scheduled for May 2019... so Vintage might get a big push across the saga for Christmas of 2018.

I have to believe that 5POA will be what we see for The Last Jedi and the Han Solo movie in 2017 and early 2018. They were still saying SA was not doable 18 months ago. I believe we'll continue to see 5POA as a separate line even after the Vintage Collection comes out in 2018.

I don't know if that means current movies will be more 5POA and Vintage will be other stuff? or if we'll see different versions of characters in both 5POA and Vintage? or if we'll see main characters done in Vintage and 5POA, but some backgrounders in only 5POA? or if it will be a mixed bag of all the above.

However you want to slice it, the Vintage Collection is likely to contain a lot of repacks... I just hope Hasbro has more sense then what they've shown recently. (EX: releasing a 3 pack of figures that are still currently on the pegs, releasing a 4 pack of figures that just came out in 2 packs, releasing Han and Leia in SA but NOT in their main costume, rereleasing a swivel arm Vader when at least 3 better version are out there, etc.)

Reaction score
Even if they just repacked AT-AT Commander, Tarkin, Gree, Cody, Ahsoka, Bastila, Grievous and a few others, they still stand to make a lot of money (especially the Royal Guard!), but I'm hoping for some TVC-style animated characters as well. I can't believe we never got an Asajj, despite her being such a popular character last decade, and I'm still hoping for Savage and General Krell (he'd be such an incredible figure).

Reaction score
As someone who missed out the first time around I'd love to see a repack of VC61 - the Boba Fett (Prototype Armor) figure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gotta agree with this. I'd be very. very surprised (but happy for those that want them) if obscure Jabba's Palace alien #243 ends up getting made. I believe we'll see repacks of TFA/R1 Black Series figures and then a similar amount of new figures for the new films while 5POA continues as the main line. We will at least see better distribution!
I'd hate to say it henchmen and cantina lovers, but if you're looking for more obscures the only way you'll get them is not through Vintage but by convincing them to bring back SA battle packs, and in the current state of things that's not likely to happen. I'll admit despite being biased, most of the rebel pilots came through multipacks as well, so we're in the same boat.

Reaction score
A few must haves that come to mind for me:

Power Droid
At-At Driver
Hammerhead
Jawa(s)
Bib Fortuna
Lando Skiff
Garindan
Agen Kolar
Ki-Adi Mundi

Director Krennic
Hovertank Pilot

Reaction score
Need some more Jedi
Eeth Koth
Adi Galia
Depa Billaba
Saesee Tiin
Ima Gun Di
Pong Krell
Coleman Kcaj
Tiplar and Tiplee
Nahdar Vebb

Like the droids for Ahsoka, Mace, Kit and Saesee from TCW series

Reaction score
R1 is an interesting subject. I guess they will view R1 as a safe bet for sales because its so current. But yet since those figures are so recent they may not want to revisit figures they have just done, so maybe they wont do the big three, maybe they'll go for some new ones? My money would be on Jyn and Cassain in different outfits and a battle damaged K2.
IMO, the problem with Rogue One. Is that there isn't the longevity as other characters, it basically has this current window for release. The fact that everyone dies in the one and only movie, doesn't make for reasons to keep reissuing them. Some might argue that Tarkin died, but that's just one guy among many. And not really the main cast either.

What kind of a line has a future when all your heroes die? I think that was a big mistake by Disney, TBH. They should have had at least one or two characters survive, that went on to help out in ANH or much later on.

Reaction score
IMO, the problem with Rogue One. Is that there isn't the longevity as other characters, it basically has this current window for release. The fact that everyone dies in the one and only movie, doesn't make for reasons to keep reissuing them. Some might argue that Tarkin died, but that's just one guy among many. And not really the main cast either.

What kind of a line has a future when all your heroes die? I think that was a big mistake by Disney, TBH. They should have had at least one or two characters survive, that went on to help out in ANH or much later on.
I don't think it was a mistake to kill them off at all. It gave that added punch of gravitas to the film and also give a fresh perspective on ANH. I do however agree that while it will be considered one of the best Star Wars films (better than TFA, WAY better than the prequels, and ranked with the originals) it won't have a long window for us collectors, so we need to strike now while the blade is hot. It will be interesting to see what kind of impact the stand alones have on the series say 30 years from now.

Reaction score
So because the Rogue One characters all died, no one will want action figures of them? Makes sense, no one was happy when Ree-Yees came out a couple of years ago. No one is clamouring for Yak Face.

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
So because the Rogue One characters all died, no one will want action figures of them? Makes sense, no one was happy when Ree-Yees came out a couple of years ago. No one is clamouring for Yak Face.

:rolleyes:
Wait, Ree Yees is gay?

apologies.
Drinking. Tough day at work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rogue One:

Baze Malbus
Bodhi Rook
Cassian Andor (Eadu)
Jyn Erso (Jedha)
Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Jyn Eroso Imperial Ground Crew disguise
Chirrut Imwe
K-2SO

Original Trilogy:

Lando Calrissian ESB all new sculpt removable cape
Han Solo Hoth gear hood on ESB
Luke Skywalker ROTJ all new sculpt Jabba's Palace/Rancor Pit/Pit of Carkoon
Nikto Skiff Driver ROTJ

Prequel Trilogy:

Captain Panaka all new sculpt removable cap
Wald
Kitster Banai
Obi-Wan Kenobi with breather TPM
Twi'lek Ann Tann Gella
Weazel
Tey How
Anaken Skywalker Padawan with removable cloak ATOC
Captain Typho pilot
Coleman Trebo removable Jedi robe
Hermione Bagwa
Senator Padme Amidala measdow picnic ATOC
Senator Padme Amidala reunited with Anakin ATOC
Skaak Ti with removable Jedi robe
Bail Organa Jedi Temple ROTS
BD-3000 Luxury Droid Red
BD-3000 Luxury Droid Green
Commander Bacara new sculpt
Ki-Adi-Mundi new sculpt

Reaction score
I'd hate to say it henchmen and cantina lovers, but if you're looking for more obscures the only way you'll get them is not through Vintage but by convincing them to bring back SA battle packs, and in the current state of things that's not likely to happen. I'll admit despite being biased, most of the rebel pilots came through multipacks as well, so we're in the same boat.
Yeah, until we hear exactly how the line will be done, nothing is certain. While I have hope henchmen and cantina patrons will be peppered in, who's to say all the new slots won't just be from the current movie. Whether its those, pilots, or even ewoks though, Hasbro knows there's a market...if very niche. It's going to be a long year of guessing.

Reaction score
count dooku, asajj ventress, rebels ahsoka, sabine, ezra, hera, kanan, pre vizsla, esb yoda, jedi luke with accurate robe, tfa luke, tlj luke, Satinee, and battle packs! bring back the battle packs!!!!!! NO repack of proto fett omg stop with all the fett crap so many better mandos.

Reaction score
there is a lot of catching up to do. the last few years have seen so few SA figures in this scale and we only got a combined 12 figures total with 2 new movies out! i know we can't hope for all of the 3 inch figures that came out in 5poa to get a SA update but i at least want to see most of the figures that came out in 6 inch format from the 2 new movies to get made. this would include the flametrooper, hux, guavian enforcer, k2so, baze malbus, chirrut imwe, director krennic. i wouldn't mind seeing an admiral raddus, commander pao and bistan be made with super articulation. other than the new movies, my most wanted are to see some realistic figures from star wars rebels to get made in 3 inch.

Reaction score
For me the vintage cardbacks are all about nostalgia, so OT figures are always going to be my preference. I was never convinced about releasing other figures as part of the TVC line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The return of Vintage has got me really excited. There are a lot of sub categories that I would love to get to, and I really hope they do. But I guess its a little much to expect all of them really. Here are some categories I would like them to focus on, and the chances of them doing them.

1 Original 12

Top of my wish list is clear. I would love to see them put out ALL Original 12 allowing people to buy this subset. All ANH cards only. Of course the thing is with an Original 12 set, is its all or nothing. They have to do the whole set. They are currently doing this with 6" and I think its a great idea, but I would love to see it done with 3 3/4.

Chances of being made: Med/Low To use up 12 figure spots seems pretty recently seems unlikely. The difficulty is this sub-section is the only one that has a defined complete set, there is no freedom and flexibility, and the chances of them getting to all 12 isnt great. The only way I could see this happening is
as a retailer exclusive to sell as a complete set. I could see someone like Amazon/EE do this (pretty please). They rereleased a lot of these figures in the VOTC era, but they arent all on ANH cards, and they didnt do Jawa and Death Star Trooper.

2 Never Before Made Figures

One thing I really loved a lot about the last Vintage run was seeing some classic OT characters on Vintage cards for the first time ever. Figures that didnt come out in the Oriniginal Vintage line. This was so cool and I hope we get more of this. Good examples of this might be Vedain, Leia Bespin Escape, Luke Bespin beatup, Barada Blue Pants, Fozec, Tayn Dren etc etc.

Chances of being made: Very High. Its pretty much definite that they will do some at least. Last time around they did a lot. This time I wouldnt expect nearly as many, and maybe not many of the obscure backgrounders? But they should do some primary OT characters that haven't been made on Vintage cards before? Leia Bespin Escape, Cantina Band Member, Luke Bespin Beat Up and R2 Sensorscope (BTW which they have never made at all in modern line) would be a great one to do.

3. TFA

It will be great to see some new films characters on the old card style. I am sure TFA figures will be limited in 2018, but we know of at least 1, and its likely there will be a few others as well.....

Chances of being made: Definite.

4. R1

The great thing about new films is all these new main characters. You cant beat the Vintage cards and it will be so good to see some new stuff.

Chances of being made: Very High.
Its a safe bet to assume there will be some R1 figures in the Vintage line. Personally I would like all main 6, and I do think that might to be too much to expect, but I would bet that they will do at least Jyn, Cassian and K2.

image credit -
Dark_Jedi

5. TLJ/Han Solo

We will see a lot of these figures in 2018

Chances of being made: Very High.
I am sure this material will make up the bulk of 2018's offerings and rightly so.

6. OT Gaps

There arent many vintage figures that they havent made in the modern line, but there are a few and it would be good to get them ticked off.

Chances of being made: Low.
These are very obscure figures and it seems like Hasbro dont actually even know what has is still on this list and why (its complicated). I would be very surprised to see some of the more obscure ones done. But they might get to Sim Aloo and Death Squad Commander.

7 Never made before OT figures

There are still lots of figures that havent been made such as Fozec, Tayn dren, Vedain etc etc. Although it this point they are pretty obscure, especially to casual buyers. It is always great when Hasbro delivers these and we might see one or two on a Vintage card?

Chances of being made: Med.
I wouldnt expect many, but we might get one or two.

image credit - localgotal
8 Rebels/EU/PT

With Rebels still running and a lot of other material out there, there is a lot of possibility.

Chances of being made: Heck no! I hope not ;)

Haha, no offense but I am primarily an OT only guy......

image credit -
Dark_Jedi

Since Hasbro just did an Original 12 set for 6" there is hope?......

Reaction score
On the vehicle front? I would mention these:

-Darth Vader's TIE Advanced X-1 - A NEW HOPE (movie accurate deco, and cockpit like that of the most recent TIE Interceptor. I spoke with some Hasbro folks about this almost 10 years ago and they were surprised that the Vader TIE's on the market were not really film accurate)
-TIE Reaper - ROGUE ONE (this is the troop carrier that's seen on the Ring of Kafrene and it also brings the squad of Death Troopers into battle on Scarif)
-TX-225 "Occupier" - ROGUE ONE (this vehicle got some decent screen time in R1. I think it might merit a slot in the vehicle line)
-Blue Leader X-Wing with General Merrick (based on the TVC Red 3 X-wing release)
-First Order Troop Transporter - THE FORCE AWAKENS (this might be a tall order, but I think it could be a great offering)
-Tatooine Swoop with Anakin Skywalker - ATTACK OF THE CLONES
-Imperial Speeder bike with Luke Skywalker - RETURN OF THE JEDI
-Imperial Speeder bike with Princess Leia Organa - RETURN OF THE JEDI

Last edited:
Reaction score
my must haves:

Bespin Escape Princess Leia
Ewok Dress Princess Leia
RO Blue Leader
ANH Red Leader
Vintage Kenner YAK FACE
Droids Admiral Screed
TFA General Hux (with removable hat and outer jacket)
TFA Grand Master Luke Skywalker
TFA Resistance Base Rey
RO Director Krennic
ESB Bespin Security Guard with Mustache
ESB Lobot
ESB Echo Base Rebel Trooper (repack)
TFA General Leia Organa
TFA Han Solo (brown Jacket)
EU Jaina Solo - X-Wing Pilot
EU Shadows of the Empire Luke Skywalker
Kenner Imperial Dignitary
ROTJ Nik Sant in Biker Scout Gear
ROTJ Nik Sant in Endor Rebel Gear
ANH General Tagge (all new)
ANH Admiral Motti (all New)
ROTJ Admiral Piett (all new)
ROTH Moff Jerjerrod (all new)
CW Pong Krell
EU Grand Admiral Thrawn (can be a repack of the Comic pack version)
TFA Jakku Poe Dameron (brown jacket version with removable helmet)
RO K-2SO (more articulation)
EU Republic Trooper
EU Shae Vizla
CW Bo Katan
CW Pre Vizla
Rebels Sabine Wren
Rebels Kanan
Rebels Zeb
Rebels Hera
Rebels Ezra
Rebels Agent Kallus
CW Admiral Yularen

Deluxe Line ???? Vintage style package (kinda like the armor up figures from TFA)

ROTJ Emperor Palpatine with Force Lightning and Throne
ROTJ Mon Mothma with Home One projection screen and mini Death Star/Endor
ESB General Rieekan with Hoth Display Screen and console
TLJ Finn in Bacta Pod

Reaction score
Vehicles
A wing
X wing (red 3 mold) for blue squadron or red one
Naboo speeder update
Tie Striker

Reaction score
...Just looking at the thread on JTA where they ask for suggestions for this line. And I hate to throw shade on other people wants but I just cant understand how many people are suggesting or focusing mostly on EU stuff, even already released EU stuff and mostly what are referred to a s" legends" EU stuff at this point. With the great news that TVC is back there is a lot of gaps and opportunities from the two basically neglected films, the stuff that never saw decent distribution and the back catalogue of never done correctly to begin with figures, even if JUST sticking to main characters who are called out first in major film credits for Star Wars there is a daunting backlog ... and those are pushed by execs and marketing types ( main characters that is) sell well to collectors and casuals AND impulse buys which would help the line survive be viable profitable and would fill out our collections nicely. With that out there like a 8 billion pound space worm in the room I just cannot fathom the hang up on obscure Video game, novel, comic characters only the hardest of core Star Wars fan even knows of existing much less wants a full on TVC regular retail release of. Seriously about a third of those suggestions seem to be rereleased or brand new EU figs. Is that really what those guys think would be the best choice to take up slots in such a gift of a second chance with TVC? I don't get it.

Reaction score
...Just looking at the thread on JTA where they ask for suggestions for this line. And I hate to throw shade on other people wants but I just cant understand how many people are suggesting or focusing mostly on EU stuff, even already released EU stuff and mostly what are referred to a s" legends" EU stuff at this point. With the great news that TVC is back there is a lot of gaps and opportunities from the two basically neglected films, the stuff that never saw decent distribution and the back catalogue of never done correctly to begin with figures, even if JUST sticking to main characters who are called out first in major film credits for Star Wars there is a daunting backlog ... and those are pushed by execs and marketing types ( main characters that is) sell well to collectors and casuals AND impulse buys which would help the line survive be viable profitable and would fill out our collections nicely. With that out there like a 8 billion pound space worm in the room I just cannot fathom the hang up on obscure Video game, novel, comic characters only the hardest of core Star Wars fan even knows of existing much less wants a full on TVC regular retail release of. Seriously about a third of those suggestions seem to be rereleased or brand new EU figs. Is that really what those guys think would be the best choice to take up slots in such a gift of a second chance with TVC? I don't get it.
Spot on with my thoughts. This is such a great opportunity that I wondered may not come around again. Starting to wonder why Hasbro decided to listen to some of us over the past week or so.

Reaction score
Yeah, there's plenty of mains that could use a reissue for the 100th time. Why waste a slot on EU that only received one release...
;)

I get your POV, but regardless of whether you dislike EU or that it has been wiped away. There are still passionate fans of the genre who want a figure. It doesn't mean any less than someone who wants an obscure 30 second character from the movies. Or an update of a figure that's seen 20 some odd releases already.

From my POV, T3-M4 deserves as much a chance as Sim Aloo. At least the droid lasted the whole game, and saw plenty of action. Sim Aloo only lasted for 30 seconds.
I never understood why someone wanted a repack of figure from last year, simply because they couldn't find it locally. As if something called the internet doesn't even exist, where one could track this stuff down.

Reaction score

Hasbro has always said they would bring Vintage back again at some point. Its always been a rough plan.
I had heard those rumors for awhile too. But at the same time there's been plenty of actions that lead us to believe Hasbro would rather push adult collectors to 6" BS and away from SA 3.75". They certainly haven't communicated with us to the contrary. I believe the Wal-mart line has been supported well and played a part in us seeing this. Either way, I was just saying that some of the poll results I've seen so far, doesn't really speak well to Hasbro as to our credibility for future involvement.

Reaction score
Yeah, there's plenty of mains that could use a reissue for the 100th time. Why waste a slot on EU that only received one release...
;)

I get your POV, but regardless of whether you dislike EU or that it has been wiped away. There are still passionate fans of the genre who want a figure. It doesn't mean any less than someone who wants an obscure 30 second character from the movies. Or an update of a figure that's seen 20 some odd releases already.

From my POV, T3-M4 deserves as much a chance as Sim Aloo. At least the droid lasted the whole game, and saw plenty of action. Sim Aloo only lasted for 30 seconds.
I never understood why someone wanted a repack of figure from last year, simply because they couldn't find it locally. As if something called the internet doesn't even exist, where one could track this stuff down.

I'd love a T3-M4 figure.. that would be amazing

Reaction score
I would love to see any new cantina patrons, Jabba goons, and droids but I especially hope to see these updates:

EV-9D9
8D8
Klaatu
2-1B
Power Droid
Hammer Head
Yak Face

Reaction score
I get the whole Sim Aloo thing. At least from the standpoint of wanting to tick off one of those last figures to be re-produced from the Kenner line.

But I also see the merits of T3-M4. I played KOTOR and KOTOR II. T3-M4 is in both games quite extensively. And KOTOR was one of the most popular Star Wars games of all time, and even drew in a lot of video game fans who wouldn't regard themselves as Star Wars fans first. But now there are rumblings that Bioware may be developing a reboot of KOTOR. If they do, a line of accompanying figures would probably do quite well.

Reaction score
I'm hoping we get scaled down versions of the EU figures from the TBS6 line. Hera, Kanan, Sabine, all would be awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing Revan and Jaina too, but I'm nearly sure they won't retread them in any other line any time soon.

JVM

Reaction score
I'm hoping we get scaled down versions of the EU figures from the TBS6 line. Hera, Kanan, Sabine, all would be awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing Revan and Jaina too, but I'm nearly sure they won't retread them in any other line any time soon.
Yeah, this is what I've been saying. Thee's been so many great and innovative 6" figures and I'm very hopeful Hasbro will bring them to us 3 3/4" collectors, and I definitely hope Jaina is a part of that.

Reaction score
But now there are rumblings that Bioware may be developing a reboot of KOTOR. If they do, a line of accompanying figures would probably do quite well.
As much as I'd like to see that happen, I have a feeling it would continue to push T3-M4 out further from ever getting made. As it would likely have all new characters. lol

I get Sim Aloo too, I was merely using him as a reference. There are quite a few I'd like to tick off the list as well.

Reaction score

Hasbro has always said they would bring Vintage back again at some point. Its always been a rough plan.
Very true. Hasbro also said they they are planning 18-24 months in advance (that when they were asked about the hovertank), so they've known for a while that this was their plan. I think Hasbro knows they have film support for the line through 2020 and they planned this come back a while back, knowing they would have enough lead time to make some characters from TFA and RO (oher than what they've already brought out). It's also probably one of the reasons why the WM line was so sparse. Hasbro knew they were headed this way and didn't want to have a whole bunch of repacks for TVC. Sure, we'll see most of those TFA/RO figures repacked on TVC cards, but some, like Leia and Han from TFA may et different versions for TVC. I'm sure if Hasbro had already decided to go this route, they figured holding back that main TFA Han for TVC would be a smart move.

Reaction score
I take it that Lucasfilm/Disney still tel, Hasbro which figures are off limits or not.

Therefore, if Hasbro doesn't rig the vote, if we vote Tonnika Sisters enmasse, they'd have to produce it/them if it topped the vote. Likewise, if characters like Ben were off limits they would've stated that when the poll was announced.

Regardless, for the rerelease of TVC characters from media property other than the OT or at a push the PT should only be considered. Given that characters from TFA, RO and TLJ are available/in production these will be wasted votes. The EU can wait or fade into oblivion.

Reaction score
I take it that Lucasfilm/Disney still tel, Hasbro which figures are off limits or not.

Therefore, if Hasbro doesn't rig the vote, if we vote Tonnika Sisters enmasse, they'd have to produce it/them if it topped the vote. Likewise, if characters like Ben were off limits they would've stated that when the poll was announced.

Regardless, for the rerelease of TVC characters from media property other than the OT or at a push the PT should only be considered. Given that characters from TFA, RO and TLJ are available/in production these will be wasted votes. The EU can wait or fade into oblivion.
To be honest, I'm actually surprised that some characters like the Solo kids and Ben Skywalker were not made off limits. After what they did to Anakin Solo because of the PT, I was sure that since Kylo Ren is really Ben Solo, they would disaalow Ben Skywaker. However, because they didn't fan sites were able to nominate him. I guess it comes down to whether he has enough nominations to make the final 6 (I'm assuming he does, though).