Vermont

Reaction score
Vermont being one of the more remote states in New England is also the hardest state to collect Star Wars merchandise. I live in a small town in Vermont and the pickings here are slim. A few drugstores and chain grocery stores carry some figures but they are limited to what they have. Some of the bigger department stores like Wal-mart, Target, and Toy's R Us are far away and even they are sometimes unreliable. Most of my own collection comes from what I have purchased off of the Internet. So does anyone else who is in Vermont know of any good places to get Star Wars merchandise?

Reaction score
Hi there! I just joined the forum and was excited to see there was someone else from Vermont! Where do you live? I live in Fairfax but I work in Burlington so I spend a lot of time in that area. I only recently started collecting and I've gotten everything from Ebay or Amazon so far, until this past week when the Vintage collection came out and I checked ToysRUs (they usually have very little, Walmart is worse) and they had just a few -- I was able to get Luke, Dengar, and Bespin Cloud Pilot (they also had Darth Vader, but I had gotten him and Boba online earlier). They only had about 1 or 2 of each, so I wonder if they either got very few or if they flew off the shelves really fast. Good luck with your collecting!

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Toys R Us was practically bare when I tried last weekend, but I did grab Dack and the AT-AT commander from there. I haven't collected Hasbro/Kenner/Palitoy (grew up in England) for many years, so the hunt is particularly thrilling. I got most of the wave from that little toy/game store in the U-Mall where KB Toys used to be. All I'm missing is Boba, hoping Walmart put theirs out today, I've checked every day and they haven't had a single vintage fig yet.

Either of you going to C5?

Reaction score
I'm not going to C5, I'm kind of new at this so I'm starting slowly. I had most of the Kenner figures and a few vehicles as a kid (grew up in Chile), and have not collected since then.

Until just recently I discovered the McQuarrie concept figures and the Vintage OTC and Vintage Collection, and I just had to get some of those -- I'm not yet at the stage of wanting whole waves, just some select figures.

I'll have to check out that toy store in the UMall you mentioned, I wasn't even aware of it. I haven't seen figures anywhere on Church street (except maybe a few token ones at the Comic book store), but I did find a very nice ESB commemorative 2-deck of cards at Borders and had to pick it up.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Toys R Us had restocked today, but still no Fett. Walmart haven't put theirs out yet, and k-mart were completely rebuilding the toy dept so no luck there.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I just plain don't like Walmart, but I'll keep checking there since it's right next to the ToysRUs. We really need a Target in Vermont! I noticed Hasbro Toy Shop had all the figures in stock again, but I've read on the forums a lot of people complain about getting poorly packed figures with bent cards, etc.

I'm happy with the figures I have so far but I may look around and see if I can find Vader and Boba Fett with nicer cards (mine are slightly curved) -- then I can open those. You've confirmed what a lot of people are saying though, that Fett remains very elusive. Cheers!

Reaction score
Walmart had all of their stuff out today (well today is the first time I've checked). They had almost every figure, including Han, Leia, AT-AT Commander, Threepio, 4-Lom, Dengar, etc, and three Boba Fetts (!)

Toys R Us had restocked and had plenty of all the figures but no Boba Fett. They did have a bunch of nice saga legends (threepio throne, leia boussh, bossk).

A lot of the VC cards at Walmart were slightly curved at the top, but I did finally settle on a great looking Fett with a reasonably straight card. I got my Vader on a very nice crisp card at TRU. Now I can open the ones I have with curved cards at home!

I did stop by that little store at the UMall just to check it out. They had a very nice selection of saga legends and comic packs, but only Vader on the Vintage card. The guy who worked there was nice and told me they had gotten some VC figures early on but a guy stopped by, gasped when he saw them, then bought every last one of them. I guess that must have been you!!!
He said they have plenty of stuff in boxes in the back still. Did you end up getting your Fett?

I can't remember the last time I hunted something down like this. This is fun!!

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
C5 was awesome, one of the best experiences of my life. I managed to get the 12" Fett from GG then today I finally finished wave 1 of TVC with Boba ftom Walmart in West Leb. On to Wave 2

Reaction score
Grahame said:
C5 was awesome, one of the best experiences of my life. I managed to get the 12" Fett from GG then today I finally finished wave 1 of TVC with Boba ftom Walmart in West Leb. On to Wave 2
Awesome!! Good for you!! That large Boba Fett looks amazing!! (saw pictures posted on here).
I'm waiting for my rocket-firing Boba!

When you say "one of the best experiences of my life" -- is this the first celebration you went to or just the "bestest"? I've never been -- maybe someday I'll be in a position to go to one of these celebration events -- it sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was at Celebration IV (my first con of any kind), but circumstances led to me being completely overwhelmed by the situation to the point where I couldn't really enjoy it. At CV I was more prepared and felt like I was able to contribute to the Rebelscum/The Force.net team far more. I also wasn't as star-struck hanging around with the actors, which made it far more enjoyable. No autographs, no pictures...just memories