Vehicles for 6 inch figures?

Reaction score
The First Order Special Forces TIE, while amazing, didn't appear to strike a chord with collectors due to it's mass. Still, I'd like to own one. Luke and Rey's Speeders seem pretty cool, as did the Biker Scout speeder bike pack, so in keeping with the theme of smaller vehicles I'm going to throw a few out there. Some are mini rigs straight from the old Kenner line. Some are also from the Drojds cartoon series and the Clone Wars.

- INT 4 Interceptor

- Freeco Speeder

- MTV - 7

- MLC - 3

- White Witch

- Boba Fett's Silver Speeder

- DC0052 "Intergalactic" Jedi Speeder (Revenge of the Sith)

- Gungan Bongo Sub.. (why not?)

Reaction score
A few more spring to mind

- Kamioan Flight Pod

- Escape Pod (Tantive IV)

- Yoda's Jedi Starfighter (Season 6 TCW)

- ISP-6 (Imperial Shuttle Pod.. I'm sorry but I have always loved that little shuttle)

- Escape Pod (A realistic interpretation of what the Millennium Falcon carries on board)

Reaction score
The First Order TIE Fighter was a great offering. While the box was really big, I think the TIE Fighter works because of the weight and amount of material involved in producing it. But I think the size of the box and the associated price for such a big item was part of its downfall. An OT TIE Fighter might have fared better at retail than the TFA model, but that's just speculation. I think the size and the price point may have been prohibitive for some collectors.

I would like to see Hasbro go the starfighter route again if possible. But the only ships that I think might be a good option are the Jedi Starfighters and the A-wing. Everything else in the fighter class might be too big.

Speeder type vehicles seem to be a good fit for the 6" Black Series line. The ones that I'd like to see are pretty much all movie based:

-Sith speeder (Darth Maul's ride in Episode I)
-Tatooine Speeder bike (used by Anakin Skywalker in Episode II)
-BARC Speeder (Commander Neyo in Episode III)
-Imperial speeder bike with either Luke or Leia in Endor gear

Reaction score
Great picks and very sensible. Maul's speeder is way overdue, as are Endor Luke and Leia.

The FO TIE was definitely cost prohibitive for me at $270 USD in Australia. Not to go too deep on cost of living comparisons because I think it evens out in the end, but things are getting quite expensive here for SW collectors. I just couldn't justify such a big costly toy and so I put it in the SideShow Collectibles compartment in my mind. Cool to have, but drawing a distinct line in the sand as a mainly 3.75 guy from the 70s. It would feel like the next step is a 1:1 scale 501st clonetrooper in my games room (that I don't have).

I selected some whacky vehicles, but obscurity gives me a kick as a collector and yes, they are small ships and vehicles as a compromise. I'd like to some rides we didn't see in 3.75, or in live action. Most are enclosed with windows or cockpit glass.. which is what the vehicles have always been about for me as toys. I just love seeing the pilot in there.

●●●●

Reaction score
I really hope they do Luke and Leia speeder bikes as well...heck they are half way there as they already have the bike sculpts and Luke minus the helmet and poncho (though a new Luke would be nice).

Also, I think the Snowspeeder would be a good vehicle they could do.

Reaction score
I really hope they do Luke and Leia speeder bikes as well...heck they are half way there as they already have the bike sculpts and Luke minus the helmet and poncho (though a new Luke would be nice).
It would be too logical to just rerelease Luke with a helmet and poncho on a speeder bike. Leia could come in a two pack with Wicket, or vice versa, though that seems unlikely seeing Leia had the scene with wicket. The fact that all of those figures can be repacked in the future with other figures and / or accessories should have piqued Hasbro's interests. Only thing cheaper than a repaint is a straight repack.

●●●●

Reaction score
The Phantom from the Rebels would be a nice "large" vehicle. And it gives Kanan and Hera a place to "be displayed". :{O

Reaction score
Yeah it's a shame they couldn't do that with the 3.75 version. Also the Imperial Troop Transport could have catered to that scale much better.

●●●●

Reaction score
Not really a "vehicle", but they could do a Probe Droid. Maybe pair it with a Snowtrooper (or Snowtrooper commander) or maybe the E-Web.

Reaction score
Was cool to finally see the escape pod from the Millenium Falcon used in the Last Jedi. Not dissimilar to the one that came with the Legacy version. I like the toy version better though.

●●●●

Reaction score
Yeah, my little boy went nuts when that pod popped out. My BMF has been in storage for the past few years and I recently in the past couple of weeks broke it out for display. He was really little when I got it, so wasn't really familiar with it so we were playing around with it. When he discovered the escape pod he thought it was really cool, but was like "Dad, does it have this in the movies?". It was a big surprise then to see it used it TLJ.

I know it's not the exact same design, but pretty similar.

Reaction score
I love that thing! I actually have 2 extra of those mini fighters that I oicked up off ebay. A little extreme. Not somethjng you need a fleet of but, one of the best mini rigs in my book. I've also had the BMF hanging on the wall in the rumpus room since 2008 like a peice of pop art. Just so I can see it every day :)

●●●●