Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get picked SenatecommandoYo, hopefully next year. I also wanted to let you guys who inquired about some comics, I haven't forgotten you, I'm still slowly making my though the collection. With any luck ill get some free time soon!
Yeah, there's always next time. Not sure if there'll be a contest for the next local comic con at the Riviera but it was fun to do.

Welcome aboard, Vaderlife.

Hope to see some of you at the LVCC this weekend.

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! Yes I will be there this weekend... Maybe we should do a meet up at a certain time....

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! Yes I will be there this weekend... Maybe we should do a meet up at a certain time....
I only plan to attend for one day but haven't decided which day or time yet. Most likely I'll be wearing a black tee with the gray Man of Steel \S/ on it and either an \S/ mesh hat or khaki hat.

Reaction score
Yeah, welcome Vaderlife...

So for those that have been to Rogue store, how is it? What type of toys to they sell? Is it clean? Are the toys overpriced?

When is the Vegas CC? I might go, but I just have way too many pre-orders coming and of course SDCC...Damn, Im broke.

Reaction score
Yeah, welcome Vaderlife...

So for those that have been to Rogue store, how is it? What type of toys to they sell? Is it clean? Are the toys overpriced?

When is the Vegas CC? I might go, but I just have way too many pre-orders coming and of course SDCC...Damn, Im broke.
It's a nicely stocked small store mainly vintage toys (G.I. Joe/Star Wars/Transformers/M.A.S.K./some die-cast/etc.) a smattering of newer stuff all at reasonable prices.
The store is clean ans Steven and Crystal are very nice t'boot.

Spencer?:>}

Reaction score
I`ll be rolling in to town from Atlanta tomorrow. Will be at LVCC on Sunday. Is it any good?? Is there much of a SW presence or is it very comic oriented? Anyone here gonna be there on Sunday? Always fun to meet Scummers from areas that aren`t mine. Any tips for LVCC I should know? I usually come to Vegas once a year but have never happened to be in town during this. Looking forward to it. Also, will be looking for Harley Quinn goodies for my daughter. There usually anything of her there?

Reaction score
I went Saturday and although I missed out on the Jim Lee signing, I did spend most of the day there. I did stop by the Rogue Planet booth and the guy talked about the shop and meeting some of you guys(either at the shop of at ALVCC, I assume). It was a pretty big turnout for this con and was the most crowded con I've been to locally. It felt like a mini-SDCC, lol. Wished I could've spent more time and money but had to make the most of Saturday as best I could. Maximum Comics definitely had the most happening booth and was also the biggest booth, locally.

Reaction score
Had a great time! My daughter dressed up as Leia and killed it! Picked up some coll things, one being a C3PO Carrying case still in plastic overwrap and cardboard was good, nd the other a nice unused boxed Degobah set. Her is my little princess at the Rogue Toys booth and one with two other kids dressed as Vader and Fett. Also some other pics too...

Reaction score
Oh I do remember seeing you guys there then because I remember your daughter dressed as Leia. Where you dressed as a Jedi? Or maybe that was another dad? But yes, I was either sitting down or at one of those round table tops where you can stand and rest when I saw you guys pass by.

I should have taken more photos of people in costumes.

Reaction score
Oh I do remember seeing you guys there then because I remember your daughter dressed as Leia. Where you dressed as a Jedi? Or maybe that was another dad? But yes, I was either sitting down or at one of those round table tops where you can stand and rest when I saw you guys pass by.

I should have taken more photos of people in costumes.
Nope, the wife and I were not dressed up.... It was a lot of fun... Best CC I have been to in Vegas since the early 90s....

Reaction score
The con was pretty fun. It was my wife and kids first experience at one. Sense SDCC has become pretty much impossible to get four tickets and a hotel reasonably close, this was the next best thing. Seemed like a good turn out on Friday, more than I expected. The only thing I could complain about was Neal Adams charging for autos and photographs. Pretty weak on his part and very disappointing as he was the one person I really wanted meet.

Reaction score
It's a nicely stocked small store mainly vintage toys (G.I. Joe/Star Wars/Transformers/M.A.S.K./some die-cast/etc.) a smattering of newer stuff all at reasonable prices.
The store is clean ans Steven and Crystal are very nice t'boot.

Spencer?:>}
Thanks Spencer for the heads up...

Well, it looks like I missed a sweet Con...I wish I could have gone, but $$$ said no.

Reaction score
For anyone interested...Im selling my Gentle Giant collection, so I will post a list here and the Gentle Giant classified section, probably later today or tomorrow. Mind you I stop collecting around 2008/09 so I don't have current busts (ie. Veers)..So if interested please hit me up, however, I probably will list on EvilBAY if I don't get any serious offers...

Thanks Guys.

Reaction score
Nope, the wife and I were not dressed up.... It was a lot of fun... Best CC I have been to in Vegas since the early 90s....
Ah. I see. But I do remember seeing your daughter as Leia. Many people out there and families dressed in cosplay so it was a big whirlwind, heh.

I was there by myself and with little spending money but I still managed to have a swell time Saturday, despite missing out on seeing Jim Lee.

It was cool seeing Neal Adams. I passed by his table a couple of times. I should've snapped some candid photos of his booth and the man himself. I didn't know he was charging fees for autographs & photo ops though.

TR: good luck on your GG sales and too bad you couldn't check out the ALVCC.

Reaction score
Any of guys have vintage ESB MOCs any back that you would be willing to part with....

Reaction score
Hey guys just a heads up, Rogue Toys will be having their trade night this coming Tuesday July 9th. I will be there with a bunch of Vintage 80s Star Wars MOCs...

Reaction score
They have all years there! There are guys trading the new stuff. Come down, it is a lot of fun.
How'd it go? Sounds like a fun deal. Would've been cool but I no longer have any of my old Classic Vintage SW stuff on me and I had to get rid of most of my entire SW collection earlier this year, mostly POTF and beyond.

Heard SDCC was a blast this year. I'll try to make it there next time around, hopefully.

Reaction score
Coming up to Vegas from Kingman on Thursday and Friday and was wondering if anyone would be interested in...

BMF (sealed)
Premium Format Han Solo
Yoda EPIII Lightsaber (with case and all the packing stuff and one plaque)
Rawcliffe Pewter Ackbar, Windu, Dooku, Maul, Qui-Gon
Sealed Potato Heads from Disneyland of Luke, Leia, Han, Fett

If so I will put some prices up and try to arrange a meet.

Reaction score
Coming up to Vegas from Kingman on Thursday and Friday and was wondering if anyone would be interested in...

BMF (sealed)
Premium Format Han Solo
Yoda EPIII Lightsaber (with case and all the packing stuff and one plaque)
Rawcliffe Pewter Ackbar, Windu, Dooku, Maul, Qui-Gon
Sealed Potato Heads from Disneyland of Luke, Leia, Han, Fett

If so I will put some prices up and try to arrange a meet.
I may be interested in the Yoda saber, what's your asking price?

Reaction score
230.00 for the Saber
100.00 for the Solo (it displays nice but it does have a crack that shows itself if you mess with the hands, but can be fixed back up.)
Rawcliffes are 5 bucks a piece
Potato heads are 7 bucks a piece
BMF for 150.00

Reaction score
230.00 for the Saber
100.00 for the Solo (it displays nice but it does have a crack that shows itself if you mess with the hands, but can be fixed back up.)
Rawcliffes are 5 bucks a piece
Potato heads are 7 bucks a piece
BMF for 150.00
I will take the potato heads!

Reaction score
They are yours. What side of Vegas do you live on? PM me and we can meet up on Thursday evening or Friday.

Reaction score
Last chance before the weekend. Potato heads are gone but everything else give me an offer on. I am coming up anyways. Anyone interested in Han? He does not display like he has a small crack on a finger.

Reaction score
Hey guys Im from Australia and coming to Vegas on holiday soon and was after any recommendations on places to check out while there...

Im more of a statue and prop collector but love anything Star Wars :)

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Reaction score
Have a nice Thanksgiving weekend you guys! I still haven't been to Rogue Toys yet but have heard many good things about the store. I just hate driving Downtown. I should have sold most of my SW toys and stuff with them and could have received a much better price for the whole lot than I did on Craiglist or local comic shops, lol.

Reaction score
I know this thread is mostly dead but does anyone have a Plagueis they are willing to part with or know of a local shop that regularly packs the new stuff?

Reaction score
I know this thread is mostly dead but does anyone have a Plagueis they are willing to part with or know of a local shop that regularly packs the new stuff?
I've only seen 2 figures from the Black Series wave 2. Distribution in Vegas for Wave 2 and 3 has been really really bad. It might just be that the stores were hammered from the Holiday season and they have not restocked but I sort of have the feeling that unless it's Angry Birds Hasbro is done worrying about Star Wars distribution until the new movies come out.

Reaction score
I've only seen 2 figures from the Black Series wave 2. Distribution in Vegas for Wave 2 and 3 has been really really bad. It might just be that the stores were hammered from the Holiday season and they have not restocked but I sort of have the feeling that unless it's Angry Birds Hasbro is done worrying about Star Wars distribution until the new movies come out.

Wait! I lied!

I actually found most of wave 3 today at the Wal Mart on Eastern and 215. I mean it was the first time in almost 4 months that I have seen that many figures in a wave but it sort of gave me a spark of hope you know?

I guess all is not lost. I guess if you still believe in the Star Wars Figure Magic, it can happen...

Or you can just order them at Big Bad Toy Store but you get what I'm saying.

Reaction score
So finally found the Wave 3 6 inch at Toys R Us! Nice. This wave is a Han repack from wave 2, a Stormtrooper, Bespin Luke and Obi. Cool but I wish they would have put Chewie in this wave instead of pushing Han up into it but they look awesome!

Reaction score