Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

Reaction score
@ Senate Command Yo: that really sucks getting low balled like that but Unfortunatly that seems to be the norm any more. Like many I just sell on ebay. It hard when you're trying to unload a bunch of stuff quickly though. Again, good luck.

@ Tusken_Raiders: yeah it has been a while. All is well though. Trying to decide if I'm going to sell the rest of my GG collection and just focus on Hot Toys and Legos. GG is just such a disappointment anymore. The poor character choices, poor quality control and the fact the prices for a bust are pushing $85-$100 with shipping is making the choice easy.

as far as what I've been able to get recently: HT Dark Knight Rises Batman and Hawkeye. Both are great figures. I was also able to snag the HT exclusive Luke figure. I couldn't be happier with that. An absolutly great figure.

Reaction score
Happy (im late as usual) Holidays everyone! BTW Tusken, Im with you on it being scary meeting strangers to buy and sell stuff. Ive done it a few times and it always worked out but still, you feel like its not always the best idea. Ha!
Hey Konas, happy holidays as well...Yeah, I don't mind meeting guys on the forum, but going to someones house or somewhere that you might have troubles is not for me.. :)

Reaction score
@
@ Tusken_Raiders: yeah it has been a while. All is well though. Trying to decide if I'm going to sell the rest of my GG collection and just focus on Hot Toys and Legos. GG is just such a disappointment anymore. The poor character choices, poor quality control and the fact the prices for a bust are pushing $85-$100 with shipping is making the choice easy.

as far as what I've been able to get recently: HT Dark Knight Rises Batman and Hawkeye. Both are great figures. I was also able to snag the HT exclusive Luke figure. I couldn't be happier with that. An absolutly great figure.
Yo Inferior 10...yeah GG has taken a HUGE step back (as far as busts) are concerned. But how many characters they have left to make that they can sell for $75+ dollars? I stopped buying them with the poor human sculpts and just like you said poor QC...I will only buy certain statues (those awesome Cantina ones) and McQuarrie busts.

I also picked up Hawkeye, Fury, Avengers Cap, Luke...still need to score TDKR Batman and Batpod.

Reaction score
Hey all. So far I had pretty much a really good experience meeting up with buyers for the toys. I actually got the prices I was asking for so I was happy with that. Some were real collectors, others were buying stuff for collectors in thier family. I had one buyer even pay for some of my gas to drive up to meet her at her workplace parking lot! Her husband was a big OT SW collector and she bought my Unleashed Darth Vader set as part of her Christmas/New Year's gift for him. Wasn't that far of a drive but she was accomodating enough to be cool like that.

I have met all at public shopping center parking lots and other than this one Thai lady(car base sticker tells me she is an enlisted wife or serviceman) who low-balled me and, they were all really great. That lady made it seem like she was going to buy my Gundam model kit set o f 6, only to find out when I met up with her that she was only out to get $30 worth. And, she knew which ones in partic were harder to find. I just let her have the 3 kits, 2 of whch were worth more than $30 b/c her son sounded like a real Gundam fan. But I will rarely do that kind of "low-ball charity stuff" next time unless its "Make-A-Wish" level & will ask for hard proof, lol!

I try very hard to low-ball my prices as much as I can go as compared to much higher prices on EBay, Amazon, online stores, etc. I try to explain that to people who want to attempt to low-ball even further, both on my postings & in person. We BOTH spend gas and time meeting up, so I don't buy that "oh well I drove all the way down here and set aside time" excuse! This is afterall my own personal collection that I never intended to sell but perhaps wanted pass on over to my nephews(when they get a little older) or when I have kids of my own.

As for my furniture, yeah, I admit it was kinda weird at first having potential buyers come up to your apt to check out & fetch stuff but all of them were great.

Other than accompanying one of my sisters on her meetup with a babyseat seller at a public shopping center parking lot in a nice area, I have yet to experience buying anything myself.

Well that reseller guy "Mark" called up again and offered a better price for the rest of my stuff so I will take him up on that offer and will let you guys know how it went.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any collectors left in the Vegas area?!? Thought I'd see if anyone plans on going to the Las Vegas Comicon? I think I'll be taking the family, could be fun. Also kicking around the idea of getting a dealer table to try and sell a chunk of my comic and SW collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any collectors left in the Vegas area?!? Thought I'd see if anyone plans on going to the Las Vegas Comicon? I think I'll be taking the family, could be fun. Also kicking around the idea of getting a dealer table to try and sell a chunk of my comic and SW collection.

Over two freaking months for a reply. Yeah, I'm still here, I just don't frequent the scum boards like I used to. I'm going to try to get my butt to LVCC...

dude, pending on the price, I'll split a table with you.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I do have some of each but the weapons are not with each but mixed 2gether in a baggie.
They R in storage right now and I shall get them out early next month.
Spencer?:>}
ok, well I might be interested in them...if there mint, white, complete and of course your price.

Reaction score
I dont buy figures anymore, but this is a sad shocker...

We are just getting early reports on this, and although they're making a great deal of sense, it still saddens us nonetheless.Click through for more.
Our spies at TARGET are reporting that the Star Wars section in the action figures aisles is no longer being reset. Headquarters canceled it out of the plan-o-gram teams' schedule. Another way of simply saying this is that the Star Wars section has been deleted by Target. There are no plans to reset it at this time. Store level management wasn't told why, but obviously we know why. Clearly, the soonest we will see this reversed is in the Fall later this year, which typically has a July/August street date. (And all Hasbro had to do was release what they had planned already and just call it a day. Sigh.)

Reaction score
yeah i was just seen if any one else was going but any ways ill be in vegas mid may if any one wants to meet up or sell any thing wink wink ;) TR lol and spencer i have some droid stuff for you.

Reaction score
Of course I don't mind meeting up...I do have stuff that Ive been trying to sell and some of it is not selling...I don't have the customers you might, so maybe I might have some stuff to sell to you, or maybe even trade. I do need make money for pre-orders and SDCC. Next up for sale for me are my Gentle Giant busts...

Are you going to Famcon at Frank & Sons, I believe May 25-26? I do want to go, but dammit with SDCC around the corner I just can't.

Last edited:
Reaction score
yeah ill be at famcon any thing you want me to keep an eyee on? and give me a list of what you want to get rid of and how much your asking for and what you are looking for i can get my hands on lots of stuff.

Reaction score
Not able to go to SDCC but I did help represent Las Vegas by squeeking in two Superman 75th Anniversary entry drawings in for the Souenir Book. Well, at least I hope they both get selected. Wasn't able to get done with 50th anniv for both Avengers & X-Men or Aspen Comics 10th anniv in time. I may go to the Big WOW LVCC. Shooting for at least one day. More for looking up some back issues that none of the LCS have in stock and also maybe a few action figures here and there.
I'd have split a table with you guys to sell off the rest of my toys and stuff but I sold the bulk of it off already. Probably would've made out more at LVCC too, lol!
That sucks about Target with the SW thing. I don't really buy much SW figures anymore since CW is cancelled, But I got lucky on scoring VC Aayla Secura!
For FCBD, I'd still like to check some of the LCS like Maximum Comics store 1(I think they have some of the 501st Garrisonat all 3 stores), Alternate Reality, and maybe Comic Oasis(kinda far from where I'm at now). I myself won't be sketching but I'd still like to get some free sketches.

Reaction score
Hey SenatecommandoYo, what comics are you looking for? I'm currently going through my collection and it looks like I have about 30 small comic boxes full of stuff to sell. Lot of Marvel, DC and indies from the Silver Age to about last year.

As far as the LV Con, I'm hoping to take the family, should be fun. I chicken out on buying a vendor table. I didn't want to Risk not being able to break even, who knows what the turnout will be like.

Sadly no new SW acquisitions, not much coming out that's catching my eye. Although the Avengers figures from Hot Toys are amazing, just need to snag Thor before he sells out. Have the Hulk preordered.

Reaction score
well i spoted the new vintage atat at tru today i love the box may pick it up just to display it in the box. when is the vegas con? and do you guys know if i can still get a table? may make the trip out there for that.

Reaction score
@ inferior, PM sent!

@ jedihunter, I saw a lone VC AT-AT over @ the Maryland Pky TRU. The Amazing LVCC will be held @ South Point on June 14, 15 & 16. I actually haven't visited the site but thier site is @ www.amazinglasvegascomiccon.com. Also, I was told by a LCS owner that the other big LVCC event coming up will be around Sept/Oct and held at the Riviera again. Not sure if I can make that one either but will try to attend at least one day also. I got to go check it out a bit late on Sunday last year: had like 4 hrs left of the con :p.

Well, I was able to get two Movie Masters Superman from the MOS line and a a set of Supes(motocycle) and Zod(armored) from the basic 3-3/4 line. None of the Targets I went had anything set for MOS at all. TRU only had IM3 showcased.

Yeah, those Hot Toys are awesome. I wouldn't mind saving up for an IM3 Iron Patriot!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was fortunate enough to find some Man of Steel Faora and Armored General Zod Movie Masters yesterday. Pretty stoked for the movie, got a 2D ticket from Walmart and am seeing it June 13th.

Picked up an Iron Man 3 LTC James Rhodes(in Iron Patriot armor) from the Marvel Legends line. Pretty happy with it since it'll be a while before I am able to cough up 300 credits for the awesome Hot Toys version.

For anyone interested, Maximum Comics is doing a "Support Your Local Artists" contest. 9 winners will get to sit and sketch for attendees at the store's booth for all 3 days of Amazing LVCC. Each artist will be assigned seat times and draw for 2 hours each day of the con. Submit 5 entries of completed art by June 5th and winners will be announced on the 6th. Artists aren't allowed to sell any art but are allowed to have a tip jar. Pretty good deal to represent Vegas, the local comic book scene, and scoring free passes. Official details are at thier Facebook page.
Jim Lee is the main reason I'm wanting to go. Got to meet him in 2005 at Alternate Reality's in-store signing but I couldn't get a sketch since I had to head to work right after.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of y'all local dudes have a copy of Kellerman's Action Figure book from 2003 that I could borrow for about a month or so for some Astrodroid research.
PLMK,
Spencer D. Welch II?:>}

Reaction score
Whats up all?? Is it time for our 10 year reunion yet? Still no tickets for Comic Con as usual... skipped one year to get married and haven't got tickets since. Oh well! I went for the start of Star Wars The Old Republic in 2011 I think.... EA screwed that all up go figure. Anyway... I will be heading to Comic Con regardless of no tickets again waving the new flag. Hope to see some old faces around...

Reaction score
Just a heads up for any interested, Groupon has some good deals right now for the LV Comic Con. I'm tied up most of that weekend but got tickets for Friday. Hopefully it'll be fun. This'll be my family's first experience with any type of comic con.

Reaction score
(Bummer!) I didn't make any of the 9 spots for that art contest but I still plan on going to the ALVCC, haven't decided which day but gearing towards Fri or Sat.

Reaction score
Sorry you didn't get picked SenatecommandoYo, hopefully next year. I also wanted to let you guys who inquired about some comics, I haven't forgotten you, I'm still slowly making my though the collection. With any luck ill get some free time soon!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Im new here my name is Johnny. I mainly collect vintage Star Wars. Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting some of you guys. By the way a friend of mine opened a new toy shop and he is having a trading night tomorrow night (Tuesday). It is at Rogue Toys.. They are across the street from the Pawn Stars shop. I will be there....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Im new here my name is Johnny. I mainly collect vintage Star Wars. Glad to be here and looking forward to meeting some of you guys. By the way a friend of mine opened a new toy shop and he is having a trading night tomorrow night (Tuesday). It is at Rogue Toys.. They are across the street from the Pawn Stars shop. I will be there....

Hiya Johnny,
I have been to Steve's place twice now-but sadly he has nothing I really need (i.e.-B.A.D.s) but I got some die-cast cars.
Spencer?:>}