Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

Reaction score
Hey fellow Vegas area collectors, I have an extra Gentle Giant Blue Snaggletooth statue that I'm selling for $40. It has a slight lean when placed in the base but is fixed by wrapping paper around the post. After that you can barely see the lean. If interested just send me a PM.

Just wanted to bump this offer to see if any Vegas area collectors are interested.

Reaction score
LMAO!! Didn't realize there was a Las Vegas thread!!! My wife and I have been here for a year now, both stationed at Nellis AFB. Would like to get to know a few of you when time is available. Check out my recent post on the Vintage Limelight Display thread. I'm still working on my room.

Cheers
Rob

Reaction score
LMAO!! Didn't realize there was a Las Vegas thread!!! My wife and I have been here for a year now, both stationed at Nellis AFB. Would like to get to know a few of you when time is available. Check out my recent post on the Vintage Limelight Display thread. I'm still working on my room.

Cheers
Rob
Welcome to the Vegas forums robsolo32. Not too much activity here these days since most guys here don't collect Hasbro stuff anymore except myself, but it goes in waves. We used to have regular meets but those have been on hiatus for a while. By the way, awesome collection you have. I wish I could get into the vintage Kenner stuff but my wallet refuses to cooperate with me. :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey there robsolo. Yeah, very cool Kenner collection you have going...brings back many memories and excitement of those days. Also wanted to echo on echoplex's welcome! Hope you and your wife have a great tour here.
I was in the Navy in the Naval Aviation community side, but got out years ago and have just bumming around here ever since, heh.

Welcome back to those who attended SDCC. Hope to see some cool pics here and read about some of the things you guys did there.

SW Celebration is coming up. Not able to go this year.

Anybody here going to check out Animegacon next month or the Las Vegas Comic Expo in Sept?

Reaction score
Welcome to the Vegas forums robsolo32. Not too much activity here these days since most guys here don't collect Hasbro stuff anymore except myself, but it goes in waves. We used to have regular meets but those have been on hiatus for a while. By the way, awesome collection you have. I wish I could get into the vintage Kenner stuff but my wallet refuses to cooperate with me. :grin:
Hey Dere Robsolo32,
Spencer Dean Welch II, damn glad 2 meet ya :weeabooface:
Like Echo, I too collect Hasbro stuph-mainly Astrodroids.
And that's where U'll C me post :weeabooface:
Just follow teh lynx in me signature B)
Blitzkriegtrench (wolf)?:>}

Reaction score
what is going on guys long time no post well the short story is am no longer in vegas am out in socal now but am only 3 hours out of vegas. am starting up an online toy store and comic shop soon ill let you know more details soon but if any ones looking for star wars stuff ill be selling a bunch and ill be back in vegas in a few weeks
p.s. heres my new cell 702 712 1622 txt me some times guys on a sidenote out here theres a toy show every week called frank and sons has everything you could ever think of if theres any thing some ones is missing be it hasbro mattel sideshow gentle giants or any thing else i can check and get back to you guys

Reaction score

Cheers
Rob
Welcome Rob, and like Echo said this was once a cool local forum to visit...But with many using that they don't collect Hasbro as the excuse, their gone...Anyways, its always cool to see new local collectors, so I hope that you visit from time to time...

Ah the good ol'days....Meets are over with though, the majority figures we can meet up at SDCC for 5 minutes and that's good until the next year. I still have you bro.

what is going on guys long time no post well the short story is am no longer in vegas am out in socal now but am only 3 hours out of vegas. am starting up an online toy store and comic shop soon ill let you know more details soon but if any ones looking for star wars stuff ill be selling a bunch and ill be back in vegas in a few weeks
p.s. heres my new cell 702 712 1622 txt me some times guys on a sidenote out here theres a toy show every week called frank and sons has everything you could ever think of if theres any thing some ones is missing be it hasbro mattel sideshow gentle giants or any thing else i can check and get back to you guys
Cesar, whats up bro? I wish you well on your new adventure and on your move to So Cal. One day I need to make it to Frank and Sons, I've always wanted to go. Maybe even to sell off a ton of my collection...

Reaction score
TR if you ever want to sell at Frank and sons let me know ill be getting a booth there soon i hope and vegas is my home ill be going back atleast once a month

Reaction score
TR if you ever want to sell at Frank and sons let me know ill be getting a booth there soon i hope and vegas is my home ill be going back atleast once a month
Sure will bro...How much is a booth at Frank and Sons? Are you going to he con here at the end of September? So did you hook up with the chick from MW2?

Reaction score
I collect more of the CW figures, even though yeah they are geared more for kids. Love the animated series and can't wait for the start of S5 end of next month.
I get them when I see them out in retail. Mostly pick up the various clonetroopers. Some of the VC figures. I don't normally order. Last time I ordered was from Hasbro and got a pair of VC AOTC Senate Guards w/ the first carded photos.

I just found out about the upcoming TVC Millennium Falcon and am really tempted to get one. Don't really need it, but still kinda cool to have.

I didnt check out that Animegacon @ LVH, but do plan on going to the Las Vegas Comic Expo end of next month. Haven't bought my passes yet and it depends on my work schedule if I have to work that weekend.

Tusken, are you going to post up any SDCC & CVI pics here?

Reaction score
I collect more of the CW figures, even though yeah they are geared more for kids. Love the animated series and can't wait for the start of S5 end of next month.
I get them when I see them out in retail. Mostly pick up the various clonetroopers. Some of the VC figures. I don't normally order. Last time I ordered was from Hasbro and got a pair of VC AOTC Senate Guards w/ the first carded photos.

I just found out about the upcoming TVC Millennium Falcon and am really tempted to get one. Don't really need it, but still kinda cool to have.

I didnt check out that Animegacon @ LVH, but do plan on going to the Las Vegas Comic Expo end of next month. Haven't bought my passes yet and it depends on my work schedule if I have to work that weekend.

Tusken, are you going to post up any SDCC & CVI pics here?
Man SCYo, Im too lazy to look through my pics. I didn't get many pics with/of chicks this year, but I will try to get them up soon. Also I didn't go to C VI (just couldn't swing that). Maybe I will go to C VII, but not CE II (but I would love to visit Germany).

Reaction score
Absolute pleasure meeting all of you! Thanks for the kind words. It's my wife's B-day tonight, so I will chat with you all at a later time.

Cheers
Rob

Reaction score
Finally found a CW Republic Commando Boss @ a WM. Grabbed Aayla right behind him too on the same peg.

@ Tusken: heh, yeah I know how that goes with digital pics. Any pics you'd like to post would be cool, even if there aren't many ones w/ the hot chicks. Wasn't aware you didn't go to CVI. But it was pretty much right after SDCC, close to it!

@ Rob: have a good one!

Reaction score
Hi Guys, been awhile since I posted... short story went thru lots of poop last year and now I am living in Arizona.. I will continue to post/lurk here as I get back to vegas often... and there is not much where I am at when it comes to collecting lol
Ah Nerf, sorry to see the **** you went through on tv, I hope you got that straightened out...I wish you luck over there in AZ. Hit up the AZ board, they have some serious collectors there, that's if your still collecting. You take bro.

Reaction score
i want one lol on other news if any one wants a young justice invasion batman and kid flash ill do cost plus shipping they are from the cancelled line

Reaction score
That Luke figure is Absolutly amazing!! Unfortunintaly I had to cancel my preorder but I hope to pick it sometime down the line.

Reaction score
Great looking Bespin Luke.

I spotted a VC Jar Jar in that nice retro throwback "Lost Wave" cardback at a WM not too long ago. Thinking about picking up a few more VC Naboo Royal Guards, always liked the uniform of those guys and they look 100% better than the Rebel Fleet Troopers.

Happy Halloween to the Las Vegas Collector's Board!

Reaction score
it was a hectic trip to vegas but worth it nice seen miguel and bill ill be making another trip with more cash if any one has stuff they like to unload ill buy

Reaction score
Happy LATE Halloween Everyone! Well, I thought this was update worthy. After years of Toys R Us searching I FINALLY scored! I kept checking the BOGO sales they had last week and normally all they have out for those things are like 20 of the same two figures on the pegs. Even when they go "check" in the back. But on a hunch, I went in on the last day of the sale and they had unloaded the Vintage Leia Bespin Wave. Ha! Got like 10 figures out of that. Nice. Anyway, hope you guys are well!

Reaction score
@jedihunter- I will be making a list and see if you are interested in anything via PM. Star Wars, Marvel, DC, GI Joe...
@konas- regarding the TRU find: was that the Lost Wave of 6 figures or standard wave? Did it include The Old Republic: Republic Trooper?

Halloween was okay, basically just helped pass out candy. No costume. Maybe next year!

I caved and picked up an Old Republic: Republic Trooper from a local comic book shop. It was unpunched and $5 more than if it was retail @ WM(if the wave was shipped) but worth it, for me. Heard it was only available to specialized shops, not retail outlets.
Was tempted to pick up VC Clone Wars Kenobi and VC Clone Wars Ahsoka Tano( they both look great) but it was the Trooper that I wanted the most, early on.

Reaction score
@konas- regarding the TRU find: was that the Lost Wave of 6 figures or standard wave? Did it include The Old Republic: Republic Trooper?

No republic trooper. Just the sandtrooper, clone trooper lieutenant, jar jar, shock trooper and bespin leia. I grabbed some others I still needed from the PM wave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. Well, that's cool you got to stumble upon a good loot find.

Bespin Leia...haven't seen her yet. I remember when ESB came out and i used to draw her a lot back then, lol!
Surprised I didn't do the same with Slave Leia for ROTJ though...:wtf:

Reaction score
what was every ones black friday must buy i got 30 8-packs from walmart and a new 40 inch 3d tv from best buy over all a smooth black friday

Reaction score
I hit Alternate Reality Comics on Flaming-O and Maryland and got some comics:
Batman:Arkham City-End Game
Batgirl #13-1st print die-cut cover
Watchmen #1 (2nd print w/yellow cover)
Jim Balent's 3 Little Kittens Purrr-fect Weapons 1A (Catress cvr-no litho) for $2.95
Sandman:Volume 1-Preludes and Nocturnes (most recent printing) with a tipped in autograph of @Neilhimself
The C.B.L.D.F. Presents Liberty Annual 2011 (Matt Wagner cover & a Hunter Rose Story)
The money from teh last 2 goes to The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund

Then I went across the street to Toys 'R' Us and picked up:
The newsstand versions of Batgirl #13 and Batman #13 (now I just need Catwoman #13 newsstand version)
A Greenlight Motor World Road Racers VW 5 Pack (actually my spouse's)

Spencer?:>}

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey all.
I have posted most of my toy collection up for sale on craigslist. I am moving out and must sell as much as possible. Mostly Star Wars Clone Wars action figures, some POTF, some Marvel and DC figures, Gundam toys and unassembled model kits, they are all up there to see.
Also have some comic books, TPBs, etc(mainly modern/current stuff) but haven't listed those down yet. Its hard to let my toy and comic book collection go but I must get rid of most of it.

Currently live in near the Summerlin area.
Thought you guys may be interested. If you know of anybody else who would be interested, that would be great.
I know its the Holidays and all but I am moving out soon and really do have to move these items as I can't keep them with me for long. Trying to avoid a small storage unit as its way too small for even that!

You will find my listings under "Wil". Thanks in advanced!

Reaction score
@jedihunter: got your PM. Thanks! I am actually already in the process of moving out. I just can't take all my stuff with me & trying to avoid paying for a storage unit altogether. I will see you when you get in town.

Reaction score
@inferior: thanks!

yeah, its been pretty rough to see a lot of them go but at least I was able to keep a few "survivors" like a few Senate Commando 2-pks, some POTJ Coruscant Guards & SWVC AOTC Senate Guards, Marvel Nova(Classic Richard Rider) mini-bust and Marvel Nova(Modern Richard Rider) mini-bust, Beta Ray Bill figure(from Silver Surfer line), couple of small Japanese Bandai Gundam figures, two US Bandai Gundam figures, GI Joe 25th Flash & Snake-Eyes, a TFU Deluxe Prowl, a 15-in." die-cast metal US Navy VF-2 "Bounty Hunters" F-14 Tomcat replica display, and last but not least, an 8-in." plastic US Navy F-4 Phantom Bicentennial Spirit of '76 replica...pretty much my most prized possessions! Also kept a very small, very spartan comic book collection: some Marvel Nova(Classic & Annihilation War), Shogun Warriors#1, 1984 Machine Man limited series, some Beta Ray Bill comics, ROM #1 and Spaceknights limited series, GI Joe#1, Transformers#1, Secret Wars #1. And some artist sketchbooks from SDCC.

Moving in with one of my sisters and this was part of the arrangement we agreed upon.

Reaction score
Damn, its been still quiet here and other parts I used to visit I myself haven't been to the Rebelscum boards as often I used to be...Well, I just want to wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and a great Happy New Years. I hope you guys are doing good.

Its been slightly over 2 years since I started this thread and where still 100 post until I/Someone can start the next one...man it used to take around 5-6 months for #500 posts. Well I hope more people (including myself) can talk here more often...

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Senate Commander Yo...good luck on your move...Are you staying in town?

@Inferior long time no speak...hows it going? Any more Hot Toys figs? Or even Sideshow?

I myself has decided to sell half my hasbro collection and all my Gentle Giant busts on EBAY, and possibly on the boards...Im just going to focus on Hot Toys/Sideshow 12" and a few of Sideshow's statues/Premium Formats. But I keeping at this point certain of my OT figures. I'll post my EBAY link on another time.

Reaction score
Belated Merry Christmas greetings, Happy Holidays and belated Happy New Year's. Hope you all had a Happy 2013.

@ Tusken: Oh yeah, I am staying in town. I had to move in with my other sister at her apt near south end of the Strip. I had to agree to get rid of most of my toy and comic book collection and while I am unemployed at the moment, I had to raise some money to help pay some bills and end the lease at my previous apt.

Never got to meet up with Inferior. I had one potential buyer named "Mark" who said he owned a "small toy and sports memorabila" gig/biz at a flea market(Broadacres Outdoor Swap Meet, I believe. Someplace out on Pecos). But he said my asking price was "way overpriced" and he "has bought larger collections for much less". Pretty much "buy low, sell high" kinda guy and would've made much more than what he would have gave me. I wasn't trying to be one of those who people who over-price thier items because I actually low-balled many of my more "highly-sought" after stuff as compared to eBay, Amazon, and most online collectible stores. So if any of you know of him, or someone like him, I was trying to give a reasonable price and could have even gone lower but not the amount he was offering. But I don't like to be had. I was glad he offered to take it off of my hands but he would have made an easy double for what he offered.
I really set ought to sell my stuff to collectors, and most of them were, so I know my stuff were going to good owners and not end up in some kid or tween's floor all jacked-up and stuff.

Good luck with your sale, Tusken.

Reaction score
Damn Senate, I hope things get better for you...sucks that you have to sell your items.

I'm strictly Ebay, meeting with unknown people is scary to me...that's why I can't do Craigslist.

Reaction score
Happy (im late as usual) Holidays everyone! BTW Tusken, Im with you on it being scary meeting strangers to buy and sell stuff. Ive done it a few times and it always worked out but still, you feel like its not always the best idea. Ha!