Vegas Collectors Board #21: 2010-2011

Reaction score
Well it sucks to start off the new threads with sadness...But ESB director Irvin Kershner has passed away at 87...Its bad enough that Leslie Nielsen died last night... God Bless and R.I.P. you guys, thanks for the laughs and the memories...

Reaction score
Yeah, I was really bummed when I heard about both. I'm currently reading The Making of The Empire Strikes Back, which of course, prominently features Kersh. It's an amazing read, it really seem like Empire was Kersh's movie. Without him it would be very different. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Reaction score
inferior10 said:
Yeah, I was really bummed when I heard about both. I'm currently reading The Making of The Empire Strikes Back, which of course, prominently features Kersh. It's an amazing read, it really seem like Empire was Kersh's movie. Without him it would be very different. I highly recommend it to anyone.
I waiting for that book to get a little cheaper...but I can't wait to read it.

Reaction score
I heard about Kershner's passing on the radio that day. ESB will forever be his SW masterpiece. Kinda funny now that I look back that as a kid it took me a while to accept that he was the director for TESB and not Lucas. Same thing with Marquand on ROTJ.

And, when I heard that Nielson passed away the same day, it took me a moment to realize that it was him and not Lloyd Bridges(who passed away sometime ago). I dunno why I tend to get the two confused sometimes.

Reaction score
Tusken_Raiders said:
inferior10 said:
I waiting for that book to get a little cheaper...but I can't wait to read it.
I'm waiting for the soft cover as well.

Reaction score
I picked up the Walmart exclusive GIJOE 2 packs from Ross for $5.99 each so I finally have a Monkeywrench. Here's the new stuff I got recently. I LOVE THE CITY COMMANDER ARMOR!!!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy some carded Ewoks. My son just inherited my original Ewok Village playset but he has no Ewoks. They don't have to MOC just presentable as they will be played with. Any help would be great.

Reaction score
Nice score Ech, man does Ross have anymore of those GI Joe sets...Man, I need those.

Inferior...No I don't have any, but I think Blitz said he was selling figures (well he stated that a 2 months ago)...

Reaction score
Tusken_Raiders said:
Nice score Ech, man does Ross have anymore of those GI Joe sets...Man, I need those.

Inferior...No I don't have any, but I think Blitz said he was selling figures (well he stated that a 2 months ago)...
My Ross doesn't but I'm sure that there's plenty around town.

Reaction score
darthbill said:
i am pretty sure i have some ewoks that i can part with
Sweet, I just bought Romba and Grak( I can't remember how to spell them). If you have different ones just let me know what you want for them.

Reaction score
I will have to dig thru the tubs in the garage this week. I know that I have some power of the force ewoks. I will let you know this week.

Reaction score
darthbill said:
I will have to dig thru the tubs in the garage this week. I know that I have some power of the force ewoks. I will let you know this week.
Right on, whenever you get the chance. I appreciate it.

Reaction score
Predaking arrived today from bbts and here's a pic of the new additions to the Autobots I picked up on Tuesday.

Reaction score
Guess it was my turn for the hospital visit... I took myself to the ER a few days ago and was held in ICU for a few days. The upside of course is I am out now, but the downside... they don't seem to know what happened. Naturally work has been getting to me so about 2 weeks ago I resigned from Caesars and joined the Wynn. I am not sure if all this had something to do with it, but clearly it has been pretty stressful. Hopefully I am on the road to recovery, but I don't have too much comfort knowing they don't know what happened. I think they ran every test under the sun... EKG, Cardiogram, Sonagram (not pregnant)... bunch of other abrievations that don't come to me at moment and they seem to think everything is fine. They were prepared to defib me, but didn't want to shock me until they did all the tests. After the tests I seemed to stabalize and we don't know what happened. I believe it is clearly stress or anxiety related, but what do I know.

Well it was a good scare if nothing else, but hopefully it will be nothing more.

Reaction score
Yikes bro...I hope your alright...Stress and other crap can be super bad on the heart...My wife had to visit a cardiologist for hers (HBP)...She is alright, but she has to take medication for it...

Keep us updated Gambler...

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
Gambler said:
Guess it was my turn for the hospital visit... I took myself to the ER a few days ago and was held in ICU for a few days. The upside of course is I am out now, but the downside... they don't seem to know what happened. Naturally work has been getting to me so about 2 weeks ago I resigned from Caesars and joined the Wynn. I am not sure if all this had something to do with it, but clearly it has been pretty stressful. Hopefully I am on the road to recovery, but I don't have too much comfort knowing they don't know what happened. I think they ran every test under the sun... EKG, Cardiogram, Sonagram (not pregnant)... bunch of other abrievations that don't come to me at moment and they seem to think everything is fine. They were prepared to defib me, but didn't want to shock me until they did all the tests. After the tests I seemed to stabalize and we don't know what happened. I believe it is clearly stress or anxiety related, but what do I know.

Well it was a good scare if nothing else, but hopefully it will be nothing more.
DUDE OUCH but I hear ya... have had major stress in my life the last 18mo I also hit the wall.. gotta do somthing to lower the stress it can kill... I know its easier said than done but gotta do somthing.. go see a counselor if ya need a name PM me I know a good one only 50.00 a session she is good helped me.. and without drugs.. although tranqs can help.. and you gotta get some sleep I mean real sleep no noightmares or sweats or waking up with your heart pounding.. and watch for panic attacts... she diagnosed me with stress anxiety and panic attacks due to exhaustion..

anyway take care and like Ech said keep us informed.. maybe a strip club trip can be prescribed LOL or at least a few hours at the gun range we can blast some targets its a great stress reliever...

Reaction score
Well hopefully I am on the road to recovery. Spent my first day back at work, not sure I was ready yet, but kind of hard to stay away from a new job too long. Just gonna take it day by day and try to remember that more important things go on beside working every day.

Reaction score
Bought me some figures for the first in months. Scored vintage Ewok, Jedi Luke, Nikito and Endor Trooper...Now I need 4x Gam Guards, Ackbar, Yoda and R2.

Reaction score
Holy cripe man! I'm sorry to hear about the episode. Hope you are resting and recovering. I'll keep you in my prayers. Hospitals suck!

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
FOR SALE

Hey Guys I am going to be letting some of my collection go.. before I offer it elsewhere I am going to let you, my friends, have an opportunity to have them first...

Let me know if any of you are interested in these and I will list or pm you what I have:

G.I. Joe all the joes I have are from before that crappy movie came out so I have no movie figures..

Mostly 3 3/4" figures although I do have some 12" and some Sigma six as well as vehicles... if you are interested just say so I will list what I am letting go as I let it go..

Star Wars.. 3 3/4" figures some open most carded.. mostly from Episode one to Episode 3 for the carded but I do have loose stuff from Episode 4 thru 6 and vehilces... I do have some 12" but most are loose

Transformers... not much when it comes to the movie but lots of Armada and others from before the movie...

I have some Titanium ships from star wars as well as Battlestar Galactica...

Also Family guy, Simpsons, and Marvel figures

oh and lastly Lord of the Rings..

anyway I will keep you updated on what and when

thanks

Reaction score
Re: FOR SALE

@ Gambler: Am also sorry to hear about your episode and hope you are recovering well on the day-to-day routine.

@ Nerf, if you still have an EP3 Blue Coruscant Guard and an EP3 CDR Bly, I am still interested. I won't be able to afford a 3 3/4 scale vehicle Republic ARC-170 ship(normal or Tiger Shark camou) right now.

On Transformers, was curious if you had an Animated Starscream and Animated Deluxe Prowl(Samurai Armor)?

Reaction score
Jaq in da box

Well I want to congradulate Jaq and his wife on their new padawan...may the force be strong with this one...

Reaction score
Re: Jaq in da box

Thanks TR. She's just about the most awesome thing I've ever seen

Reaction score

DarthJaq said:
Thanks TR. She's just about the most awesome thing I've ever seen
Of course she is...Its the best feeling in the world, nothing ever will top it, maybe when she first calls you daddy...Welcome to the club...

Reaction score

Thanks guys. Mom and baby are doing good. Should be home by lunch.

Reaction score

Congrats Jaq. There are so many moments in my kids lives that just took my breath away, and I couldn't even speak. Absolutely amazing. It's true what Han said. Amen Brother! WooHoo!!!

Reaction score

Gentle Giant is a joke. I wanted Padme for Christmas and I wanted my free bust...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

Dear Valued Premier Guild Member,
All of us at Gentle Giant Ltd wish you and your families a Safe and Happy Holiday Season. Our office will be closed on Friday, December 24th and Friday, December 31st in observance of the Christmas and New Year Holidays.
In our continued endeavors to provide our collector's with the best possible products, the following products are delayed due to production issues and will not be shipping until sometime in January. We will keep you posted once we have more solid release dates.
Argus Filch Mini Bust
Commander Faie Mini Bust
Commander Fox Mini Bust
Holiday Padme Amidala Mini Bust
As a result of this delay, Annual Premier Guild Memberships scheduled expire on December 31st, 2010 will be extended through January 31st, 2011. Auto-renewals will be processed on February 1st, 2011.
The Shadow Guard Mini Busts are on route and should be releasing within the next 3 weeks. And the Trash Compactor Bookends will be shipping in about 4 to 5 weeks.
Please feel free to contact customer service if you have any questions or concerns.
Best regards,
Gente Giant Ltd.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

Tusken_Raiders said:
Gentle Giant is a joke. I wanted Padme for Christmas and I wanted my free bust...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

Dear Valued Premier Guild Member,
All of us at Gentle Giant Ltd wish you and your families a Safe and Happy Holiday Season. Our office will be closed on Friday, December 24th and Friday, December 31st in observance of the Christmas and New Year Holidays.
In our continued endeavors to provide our collector's with the best possible products, the following products are delayed due to production issues and will not be shipping until sometime in January. We will keep you posted once we have more solid release dates.
Argus Filch Mini Bust
Commander Faie Mini Bust
Commander Fox Mini Bust
Holiday Padme Amidala Mini Bust
As a result of this delay, Annual Premier Guild Memberships scheduled expire on December 31st, 2010 will be extended through January 31st, 2011. Auto-renewals will be processed on February 1st, 2011.
The Shadow Guard Mini Busts are on route and should be releasing within the next 3 weeks. And the Trash Compactor Bookends will be shipping in about 4 to 5 weeks.
Please feel free to contact customer service if you have any questions or concerns.
Best regards,
Gente Giant Ltd.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but I'm glad I'm not getting hit up for 3 busts at once or more if you include what they just shipped, the luke, dark guard, 2x zombie, leia, 2-1b, and lando. I'll wait an extra month for them

Reaction score

maxthesilent said:
Congratulations, Jaq!

Wait, y'mean GG is late on an item?!
Thanks max. Saw you at the Xmas party but as things tend to happen there you were lost in the crowd before I could get to you.

Reaction score
Finished?

Well is everyone done Christmas shopping? For the most part I am...Santa is going to spoil my little one...

Reaction score
Re: Finished?

Tusken_Raiders said:
Well is everyone done Christmas shopping? For the most part I am...Santa is going to spoil my little one...
It's dine just not wrapped. Baby probably won't get too much this year. Just cause she was born so close. Next year though I expect her to get separate presents. Or the guilty party will suffer the same fate come their birthday.