VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Well after 8 long months we finally can start a new Thread...I know in my life I need a fresh start...and know the Vegas boards can.

Ahhh...the smell of a fresh new thread...hopefully will fill this up quicker than the last one...
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Max..Im sure the Xbox 360 download was free as well...but again it crapped out on me a week ago..so I couldnt try it...Darthbill has Xbox live, I think he needs to download it and tell us his two cents...

Has anyone tried it on Wii? I have one of those as well, but I didnt pay for online service...Sith and DarthJaq play Wii all the time, but their rarely on...But if you guys are lurking, tell us what you think..


 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Im sure most of you know that GG is having a HUGE GG busts, Maquettes and Statue 50% off sale. Did anybody get anything?

I picked up Ackbar bust for $25...But its killing me that I want to order Max Rebo band, Han Statue and Luke on Tauntaun...Damn, this not having a job.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Tusken_Raiders said:
Im sure most of you know that GG is having a HUGE GG busts, Maquettes and Statue 50% off sale. Did anybody get anything?

I picked up Ackbar bust for $25...But its killing me that I want to order Max Rebo band, Han Statue and Luke on Tauntaun...Damn, this not having a job.
I'm in the same boat bro, still have not found another job and it's going on two months now.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Tusken_Raiders said:
Max..Im sure the Xbox 360 download was free as well...but again it crapped out on me a week ago..so I couldnt try it...Darthbill has Xbox live, I think he needs to download it and tell us his two cents...

Has anyone tried it on Wii? I have one of those as well, but I didnt pay for online service...Sith and DarthJaq play Wii all the time, but their rarely on...But if you guys are lurking, tell us what you think..


I downloaded the demo last night (It's free)and all I can say is "AWESOME". It's like a better version of Psi-Ops for those that played that game. I also rented Entourage season 4 and Madden NFL '09 and have very mixed feeling towards the changes made to this years game and what's up with the roster updates? You need to have a Gold membership just to update rosters.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

I went grocery shopping and found Hawk, Barbecue, Snow Serpent, and Bazooka at Wally World. I also picked up an extra Flash so that I can turn him into the '82 version of Grand Slam. I just feel bad painting him since Flash has become one of the HTF figures. Target across the way had remnants of TLC wave 3 but I have most of those figures already. I hate repack waves. They also had the new JLU figures but I didn't have enough cash to pick them up. Next time I guess. I can't wait until wave 4 of the TLC line to come out and the other gems in the line, but they're far and few between each wave. 2009 line looks much more promising. Hasbro please make a new Piett already.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Lee's toy review has a cool collector's guide for the 25th Anniversary line. Joe fans should pick it up.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

echoplex said:
Lee's toy review has a cool collector's guide for the 25th Anniversary line. Joe fans should pick it up.
If you can find the magazine...
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
2,520
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Tusken_Raiders said:
Max..Im sure the Xbox 360 download was free as well...but again it crapped out on me a week ago..so I couldnt try it...Darthbill has Xbox live, I think he needs to download it and tell us his two cents...

Has anyone tried it on Wii? I have one of those as well, but I didnt pay for online service...Sith and DarthJaq play Wii all the time, but their rarely on...But if you guys are lurking, tell us what you think..


You don't have to pay for the Wii online service. Just if you want to download games. But since it only has 512mb of internal memory, there is no such thing as a downloadable demo. Unless you want to try out a DS game, then you can download them to your DS. The Wii version will not have all the fancy physics engines and AI that the 360 and PS3 will have. to make up for that they have a Street Fighter type mini-game. You can play as pretty much any jedi ever in a one on one fight.

Unleashed is probably the best Star Wars game I have played in a long time. If you have game system, you need to buy it. or steal one.
 
Joined
May 9, 2002
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Echo, I have a silver membership and the roster updates are there on my Madden 09. Probably will jump on sometime today and download that demo. I have Force Unleashed already paid for at Gamestop so once it hits all I gotta do is go get it. Went to Michaels today and took advantage of their 50% off of custom framing. Got my Dorman print framed. Since it is so big it still cost me 150.
 
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
517
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

I preordered Unleashed at Game Stop yesterday at the Meadows mall and found out they are having a midnight release and giving out a limited exclusive figure when you buy the game.

Don't know what figure it is though, but I only put down $10.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

darthbill said:
Echo, I have a silver membership and the roster updates are there on my Madden 09. Probably will jump on sometime today and download that demo. I have Force Unleashed already paid for at Gamestop so once it hits all I gotta do is go get it. Went to Michaels today and took advantage of their 50% off of custom framing. Got my Dorman print framed. Since it is so big it still cost me 150.
How do you update then???
 
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
517
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Picked up series three of the Legacy collection at Target on Cheyanne/I95. The holo Dooku I got has a blue saber and hilt. I've turned him every which way without taking him out of the package and can't see any black. I know in the Hasbro Comic-Con preview the figure shows a blue/black hilt. Does anyone know if this is the final production or a variant?

 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

JEDI_MERC said:
Picked up series three of the Legacy collection at Target on Cheyanne/I95. The holo Dooku I got has a blue saber and hilt. I've turned him every which way without taking him out of the package and can't see any black. I know in the Hasbro Comic-Con preview the figure shows a blue/black hilt. Does anyone know if this is the final production or a variant?

No way to tell until more of these hit the shelves.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Original G.I.Joe Team (minus Zap and Short Fuse)

I finished my "82 Grand Slam custom and touch up Breaker so I decided to take some pics to share.





 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
2,520
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

JEDI_MERC said:
I preordered Unleashed at Game Stop yesterday at the Meadows mall and found out they are having a midnight release and giving out a limited exclusive figure when you buy the game.

Don't know what figure it is though, but I only put down $10.
the figure is a clone trooper that was supposed to ship with the unleashed figures.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
\'82-\'89 G.I.Joe Team

Here's what I got so far which are displayed in their original release order. It'll be a sad day when this line ends because I'm not to sure about how many more updated figures were going to get before the omega force and movie line start next year.







 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

DarthJaq said:
JEDI_MERC said:
I preordered Unleashed at Game Stop yesterday at the Meadows mall and found out they are having a midnight release and giving out a limited exclusive figure when you buy the game.

Don't know what figure it is though, but I only put down $10.
the figure is a clone trooper that was supposed to ship with the unleashed figures.
I wonder now if it's the same figure (Stormtrooper Commander)as EB is offering.
 
Joined
May 9, 2002
Messages
1,713
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

downloaded the demo. Man that game is awesome!! I havent been this excited for a game since ms. pacman
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2002
Messages
541
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Yep, the demo is pretty good... I would say great, but I have been away from console gaming for so long I found the demo not hard, but difficult if you hadn't used a controller like that in years. Granted I have been brushing up on Madden and having no problem playing all-pro for most part, but that is just football.
 
Joined
Aug 23, 2002
Messages
541
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Re: Framed my art pieces...ouch

Well... I had 5 pieces framed up and jeez that was expensive. One was non-Star Wars, but had my ACME Clone Wars print I bought at Comic-Con and the 2 Dorman prints, plus and older Hildebrandt piece I have been moving from place to place with no frame. Also picked up some nice chrome frames for all the animated cells since I stopped at the Clone Wars (well except the new Yoda). All came out really nice, but I don't know if I will ever find a time to hang all these... my C3 Sanda print is still on the floor behind my couch...pretty sad huh
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
2,520
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

echoplex said:
DarthJaq said:
JEDI_MERC said:
I preordered Unleashed at Game Stop yesterday at the Meadows mall and found out they are having a midnight release and giving out a limited exclusive figure when you buy the game.

Don't know what figure it is though, but I only put down $10.
the figure is a clone trooper that was supposed to ship with the unleashed figures.
I wonder now if it's the same figure (Stormtrooper Commander)as EB is offering.
It probably is. Gamestop and EB are one in the same.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: Framed my art pieces...ouch

Gambler said:
Well... I had 5 pieces framed up and jeez that was expensive. One was non-Star Wars, but had my ACME Clone Wars print I bought at Comic-Con and the 2 Dorman prints, plus and older Hildebrandt piece I have been moving from place to place with no frame. Also picked up some nice chrome frames for all the animated cells since I stopped at the Clone Wars (well except the new Yoda). All came out really nice, but I don't know if I will ever find a time to hang all these... my C3 Sanda print is still on the floor behind my couch...pretty sad huh
Damn...I cant wait to see your little mueseum..

I have so many prints, but not enough $$$ to frame them...
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

echoplex said:
JEDI_MERC said:
Picked up series three of the Legacy collection at Target on Cheyanne/I95. The holo Dooku I got has a blue saber and hilt. I've turned him every which way without taking him out of the package and can't see any black. I know in the Hasbro Comic-Con preview the figure shows a blue/black hilt. Does anyone know if this is the final production or a variant?

No way to tell until more of these hit the shelves.
I ddint know there was a variant...but with Hasbro that doesnt surprise me...Did you find Jodo Kast?
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: \'82-\'89 G.I.Joe Team

echoplex said:
Here's what I got so far which are displayed in their original release order. It'll be a sad day when this line ends because I'm not to sure about how many more updated figures were going to get before the omega force and movie line start next year.
Sucks doesn't? I hate Hasbro sometimes...Always pimpin movie figures that never sell, which clog the shelves. Well, it will give us a year to save for them to come back...
 
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
517
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Yes I did.
Thank God!!!

I also went to the Walmart on Decature and I think the cross street is Charleston, anyway, they had three of the four new comic packs, both Mandalorian ones and the Imperial knights. But unfortunately they looked like they had all been raped by a Gamorrean.
Seriously, they look like someone put them on the floor, then jumped on them a few times. I swear to god i'm not making this up. There's no way they got that banged up during shipping.


Sidenote---The Imp. Knights comic pack, their red armor looks dull and flat. Not at all like the shiny color shown at SDCC. Maybee it was the way it was presented in San Diego, or the lighting...Whatever. It looks dull and kinda cheap. Same thing with Dengar's armor.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

JEDI_MERC said:
Yes I did.
Thank God!!!

I also went to the Walmart on Decature and I think the cross street is Charleston, anyway, they had three of the four new comic packs, both Mandalorian ones and the Imperial knights. But unfortunately they looked like they had all been raped by a Gamorrean.
Seriously, they look like someone put them on the floor, then jumped on them a few times. I swear to god i'm not making this up. There's no way they got that banged up during shipping.


Sidenote---The Imp. Knights comic pack, their red armor looks dull and flat. Not at all like the shiny color shown at SDCC. Maybee it was the way it was presented in San Diego, or the lighting...Whatever. It looks dull and kinda cheap. Same thing with Dengar's armor.
WOW...more stuff..

Jeez, I cant keep up. Well great finds Merc.

Hey are you a MOC collector or loose???
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

JEDI_MERC said:
Yes I did.
Thank God!!!

I also went to the Walmart on Decature and I think the cross street is Charleston, anyway, they had three of the four new comic packs, both Mandalorian ones and the Imperial knights. But unfortunately they looked like they had all been raped by a Gamorrean.
Seriously, they look like someone put them on the floor, then jumped on them a few times. I swear to god i'm not making this up. There's no way they got that banged up during shipping.


Sidenote---The Imp. Knights comic pack, their red armor looks dull and flat. Not at all like the shiny color shown at SDCC. Maybee it was the way it was presented in San Diego, or the lighting...Whatever. It looks dull and kinda cheap. Same thing with Dengar's armor.
I've seen the remnants of the new comic packs here and there but I'm starting to lose interest in EU stuff and might sell off my EU figures. In fact, it's all starting to feel like EU. The OT was a more simpler time.
 
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
517
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

I'd have to say 70/30 split. I use the term mint on card kinda loosely. C-8 or better is fine with me. I can deal with a small bend in the corner, or a minor ding in the bubble. But, I also have a substantial collection of loose figures. I 'll be honest, if I like it bad enough i'm going to want to open it and pose it for scenes and display.

There were also a few figures on your ebay store( elite core trooper, jedi master tsoi choi? I think is how it's spelled, and AT-TE gunner) that caught my eye, but I didn't want to overload you so soon on our first purchase.

Just going to throw it out there...wondering if you have, or anyone has for sale, the Clone Wars three pack Jedi Knights army pack. There's a human, Rodian and a Twillik. Paplo jill, and Coleman Treboor. All figures can be loose, i'll be taking them out of the package anyway.

I only need five more carded figures to complete the POTJ collection, and about 1/2 way there for Episode 1.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

All those loose figs I have that you asked for I might have a few of..

As for POTJ (I sold what I had already, and opened the rest)...Which EP1 figures are you looking for? I sold most of mine, the ones I do have are the hard to find ones, but I think Im keeping those.

I was 90/10 MOC/Open...Then 50/50...Now 10/90 opener...
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Anyone collecting Halo 3 figures? I wasnt but I like them alot...I have most of the hard ones...but Im still looking for a couple others...
 
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
517
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Tusken_Raiders said:
All those loose figs I have that you asked for I might have a few of..

As for POTJ (I sold what I had already, and opened the rest)...Which EP1 figures are you looking for? I sold most of mine, the ones I do have are the hard to find ones, but I think Im keeping those.

I was 90/10 MOC/Open...Then 50/50...Now 10/90 opener...

90/10 hahahahahahahah.

Rip off the bubble, and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete! Muhahahahahahaha!!!

I don't have my list of Ep1 figures I need in front of me right now, But it is about half. Thoes are the two sets I'm working on completing right now. I figure i'll finish POTJ with one e bay purchase, and finish Ep 1 little by little considering Christmas is around the corner...probably completed by March.

And then it's on to finishing ROTS!!!


I know, i'm playing big time catch up!


I really have little admiration in the new legacy series this year so...I'll grab my few wants as I come by them on the shelves.
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Im the same way...I have a few wants on the Legacy collection...and even fewer on the Clone Wars Collection.
It sucks that I have legless/headless R2 droids, since I dont want every figure...I hope to wait, similiar to the coins and trade or buy cheap the droid parts I need.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

JEDI_MERC said:
Tusken_Raiders said:
All those loose figs I have that you asked for I might have a few of..

As for POTJ (I sold what I had already, and opened the rest)...Which EP1 figures are you looking for? I sold most of mine, the ones I do have are the hard to find ones, but I think Im keeping those.

I was 90/10 MOC/Open...Then 50/50...Now 10/90 opener...

90/10 hahahahahahahah.

Rip off the bubble, and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete! Muhahahahahahaha!!!

I don't have my list of Ep1 figures I need in front of me right now, But it is about half. Thoes are the two sets I'm working on completing right now. I figure i'll finish POTJ with one e bay purchase, and finish Ep 1 little by little considering Christmas is around the corner...probably completed by March.

And then it's on to finishing ROTS!!!


I know, i'm playing big time catch up!


I really have little admiration in the new legacy series this year so...I'll grab my few wants as I come by them on the shelves.
I to went from being MOC completist to opener. I keep some of the exclusives carded and I still have the complete POTF2, OTC, ROTS line carded but if they weren't clamshelled then I'd probably crack the open to. I stopped right after the ROTS line, because that's when the repacks started getting really bad and didn't see any point in having the same figure/vehicle on different cards/box, plus it was eating away at my wallet and storage space. I also got into dioramas and army building but sold off a lot of my army builders to buy newer stuff. It was actually very liberating to open my stuff and drop the collectible mentality and enjoy my toys instead of holding them as something sacred. I really learned that if you collect for profit, then your going to be waiting a long time to see any returns on modern era stuff and you can't take this stuff with you to the grave anyways. It's better to have fun and enjoy your toys after driving all around the place looking for this stuff. It's much more rewarding for me.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Tusken_Raiders said:
Anyone collecting Halo 3 figures? I wasnt but I like them alot...I have most of the hard ones...but Im still looking for a couple others...
I've seen them a few times and I know there hot right now but I've been passing on them since I can't afford anymore lines to collect. If you want me to keep an out out for any, you know where to find me TR.
 
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
517
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

Amen Brotha'! At first all I thought was ...collect...protect...store. Not that serious anymore. Don't get me wrong I still would like to complete the the ep1 and rots lines, but I also have bought a few extras for displays and for the kids to play with in the tub.


The chances of me finding a momc vinal caped jawa or anh mint Obie-Wan at a garage sale that some poor widow wants to get rid of are next to impossible. And I can't afford $5,ooo for a esb Fett so I guess i'll keep on collecting just for the fun.
 
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
517
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

DarthBill...replied to your pm.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
3,761
Reaction score
0
Re: VEGAS Collectors Board #16: The Force Unleashe

WTF?????? Did you see the front page of Rebelscum? Why can't we find the BMF for $32.50 at our Wal-Marts. I still want this and the AT-TE. The cheapest I saw the AT-TE was 89.99 at Target a few weeks ago. Some people have all the luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top